Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Shithouse Dave posted:

Aaaa I was sitting here on the couch eating a sandwich and catching up on lady thread and my cat snuck up behind me silently and licked my ear.

Maybe she has to wear her bell inside now too.

Flex your buttocks threateningly after that happens and it'll get the message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
the savage shortbus

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Captain Backslap posted:

Flex your buttocks threateningly after that happens and it'll get the message.

Squatted 150lb today and was complimented by an attractive muscle dude :smug:

HEY GAL posted:

the savage shortbus

She is fearsome and terrifying, especially today when she sprinted off the porch to meet me when I got home and then jumped on the hood of the car to say hi through the windscreen. And she butt stump wiggles

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Shithouse Dave posted:

Welcome to the Friend Zone.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Captain Backslap posted:

Welcome to the Friend Zone.

Making friends is nice

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
oh no friends

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

solovyov posted:

I hadn't notice the cuticles or lighting between the sloppy French tips and the unavoidably unattractive wrinkled inner palm. To maximize what I've learned from critiquemydickpic I'd say at the very least wrap your hand around a penis to better present your nails.

Well it is sloppy because I apply the polish with my dick, so next time I will post process pics!

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

HEY GAL posted:

the savage shortbus

Shithouse Dave posted:

She is fearsome and terrifying, especially today when she sprinted off the porch to meet me when I got home and then jumped on the hood of the car to say hi through the windscreen. And she butt stump wiggles

Good job

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

detectivemonkey posted:

Well it is sloppy because I apply the polish with my dick, so next time I will post process pics!

This is an excellent idea and also why I feel the need to at least glance at every post.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Went to the thrift shop today, got a hurricane lamp, a lovely dark teal Italian leather shoulder bag, and an Indian textile thing, dark red silk with embroidered gold elephants

Good day

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

Went to the thrift shop today, got a hurricane lamp, a lovely dark teal Italian leather shoulder bag, and an Indian textile thing, dark red silk with embroidered gold elephants

Good day

A successful day. I got embroidery floss to start a cross stitch I'm making for a pro-choice fundraiser. I wanted to start it tonight but I have new lying on the couch in a towel post-shower for about an hour now so I think sheer laziness wins this round.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

HEY GAL posted:

i find horrible things amusing

same

room is now clean and vacuumed, a friend of mine and his girlfriend are staying over tomorrow night and hopefully it will be fun and not terrible

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Nooooooo I've smoked all the weed and husband has more but he's not home for another hoooouuuurrrrrr or maybe more

Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiingge

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

HEY GAL posted:

i find horrible things amusing, what's wrong with you

I wasn't being entirely serious there, y'know :ssh:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Shithouse Dave posted:

Nooooooo I've smoked all the weed and husband has more but he's not home for another hoooouuuurrrrrr or maybe more

don't do drugs
also, don't drink or have sex, and especially no dancing or general fun-making
in fact, anything short of the pursuit of the wealth that will demonstrate you as one of god's chosen few to go to heaven is pretty much right out really

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
after action report

topics of conversation:

college football
europe
darren aronofsky
cooking
cincinnati's road network
theoretically possible acceleration through space-time

i'm cautiously optimistic. have a second date planned for next week

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Shithouse Dave posted:

Noooooooooo I smoked all mine a few years ago and live in a state that is very scary and the paranoia got the best of me and now I have to wait for legalization

Whiiiiiiiiiiiingge :)

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

poopkitty posted:

It loving blew up and I'm looking at the very tippy top of the iceberg. I wouldn't have time to be on SA but I'm waiting for a phone call from HI. Treat people good, Kids, because someone else has to deal with it when you're not.

Hawaii? I tried googling for what HI meant but it wasn't fruitful

I'm sorry it's such a clusterfuck, I'm glad there's someone like you handling it, though, to be honest. If you're having to pass it higher-up or over to a specialized person/team, I hope they give as much of a poo poo as you do.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Nice

solovyov posted:

You have no idea. I'll go to check on the thread, see 1800 new posts and think "I swear I just read it the other day!" This whole "chat" thing where you don't read everything before commenting goes against my nature. I totally feel like granny catching her breath on a park bench on her way back from the store.

I took a two hour nap, there were seven new pages

I never skip parts of a thread or post or w/e anywhere else on the internet, but sometimes I just skip parts of ladythread.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Crow Jane posted:

Making friends is nice

Sure but if they happen to be people you find attractive they better be DTF, too.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Captain Backslap posted:

Sure but if they happen to be people you find attractive they better be DTF, too.

I'm married and not looking for a cucking dude. Its just nice to be complimented by someone who looks like they know about muscles and it's also good and fun to have pretty friends. Most of my friends are attractive people, doesn't mean I wanna bang them all.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Then you aren't a true friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOG_UtLxh58

Bee and Puppycat.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I wasn't being entirely serious there, y'know :ssh:

neither was i

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

sixteen more hours until avshalom returns to us

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Someone mail her some drinks to celebrate.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Captain Backslap posted:

Then you aren't a true friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOG_UtLxh58

Bee and Puppycat.

Owns and I think they're making an actual series and it's gonna own as well

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I backed it and now I feel dumb because I'm not really digging the promo stuff they've been releasing because I'm a biiiig jerk

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
what don't you like about it?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Seems kinda more twee (e.g. apartment redesign), but part of that might be the way it was merchandised at ECCC giving me a weird bad taste

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
It'll probably be horrible and not feel the same at all. :(

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Pick posted:

I backed it and now I feel dumb because I'm not really digging the promo stuff they've been releasing because I'm a biiiig jerk

Oh my god they did a Kickstarter? Well yeah it's dead in the water then.

Nothing good has come from a Kickstarter yet

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
A bit too "twee" for my taste

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Fabulist posted:

Hawaii? I tried googling for what HI meant but it wasn't fruitful

I'm sorry it's such a clusterfuck, I'm glad there's someone like you handling it, though, to be honest. If you're having to pass it higher-up or over to a specialized person/team, I hope they give as much of a poo poo as you do.

Yes, Hawaii. That's where the big boss is. The awesome news is that the people I've been talking to all day are the kind of folks who don't have working hours, they get phone calls constantly, so I can always get a hold of help. Also, I am becoming a lawyer. I have read more legal mumbo-jumbo today than I ever thought I would. This is the part of my job that mostly sucks, but it is also the reason I am still doing it because it lights a fire under my butt and I really want no one to ever hurt and I want to solve everyone's problems.

Mr.Kitty used to just think I liked pain and suffering because I am very interested in things like the North Korean refugee assistance movement (http://www.libertyinnorthkorea.org/) and the right to die, but really I just think that if you ignore suffering it is allowed to fester and more people succumb to it.

Man I'm all careposty and Debbie Downer tonight.

Here. http://imgur.com/gallery/UYzUp

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
everyone dies, and everything will eventually be ruined

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Globo-Hitler III posted:

everyone dies, and everything will eventually be ruined

I don't know about ruined. Different.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

poopkitty posted:

I don't know about ruined. Different.

hegel uses the word aufheben to describe how things moving forward roll everything that came before them into what comes later. In german, it means "to lift up", "to abolish", "to cancel," "to suspend", "to preserve", and "to transcend".

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

A bit too "twee" for my taste

yes it makes sense if you know words. we could say "affectedly cutesy" if we're taking the star trek route of longer, less accurate phrases for familiar concepts

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
i dig the new username hegel

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

HEY GAL posted:

hegel uses the word aufheben to describe how things moving forward roll everything that came before them into what comes later. In german, it means "to lift up", "to abolish", "to cancel," "to suspend", "to preserve", and "to transcend".

Yes. That totally.

Also, TIL that Hegel is was a person, not just one of my favorite SA posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

poopkitty posted:

Yes. That totally.

Also, TIL that Hegel is was a person, not just one of my favorite SA posters.

today was the first time I heard about Hegel in a class and he's a big ol racist

• Locked thread