Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Passburger
May 4, 2013
edit

Passburger fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
So how exactly did they change blocking? I've noticed blocking avoids all damage, but is there more to it?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
So apparently if Valkyr engages Hulk Hands while in melee mode or hits the button to switch to melee after hulk handing (this makes her do a weird fist-shaking animation), she can channel into her unarmed attacks. It certainly doesn't inherit her melee weapon's channeling efficiency. More tests about how it effects damage to come--I'm having problems with her super inconsistent unarmed damage.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Helter Skelter posted:

Okay, here's the requirements for getting an alliance invite:

1. What is your clan name? ImNotSorry
2. How large are you? Ghost
3. Are you actually active? Four of us at least are, the other five, not as much.
4. Why are you not part of the main goon clan? Y'all wouldn't get around to inviting my friends, and we get stuff faster anyway due to the exponentially lower research costs.

Quote this post with your answers and I'll get around to it.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I finally decided to make the Valkyr parts I've had sitting around since forever, and then got invaded by the Grustrags for the first time (after having a mark since pretty much the first day they were even released).

They got absolutely shredded by the invincipunches.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Speed Boost Aura alert on PS4 for next ~40 minutes. First one I've seen.

Also I'd love to know why every time I log in I have a decaying dragon key equipped no matter how many times I unequip it or put something else in its slot.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Its cursed!

Maybe try using it? :v:

Doc Finn
Mar 25, 2009
1. What is your clan name? Elevenno
2. How large are you? 2 members.
3. Are you actually active? Both are active.
4. Why are you not part of the main goon clan? Wanted to design own dojo/reap cheap research.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Helter Skelter posted:

1. What is your clan name? Tenno Mojito
2. How large are you? 2 members deep (both goons).
3. Are you actually active? Yes for both.
4. Why are you not part of the main goon clan? An insistence on wasting resources to construct inexpensive space trees.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Maybe I was just imagining this, but does it seem to anyone else like the quick melee attacks do more damage than the actual melee weapon out attacks? I didn't have a stance for the dagger I was using, but the quick attacks certainly seemed to kill faster (though channeled attacks were definitely stronger). Might have just been not noticing whether I was swinging at the same type of enemy or other sources of damage, though.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Hydroid's skills are all poo poo except for Tentacles which is pretty much Tornado 2.0.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Helter Skelter posted:

1. What is your clan name? Little Bees
2. How large are you? Shadow clan, around 14-15 in clan last I checked
3. Are you actually active? 4-5 of us are the rest are sporadic
4. Why are you not part of the main goon clan? My friends made the clan when dojo's first came in to the game, they're also the people who got me into the game So I've stayed with them ever since.

asterioth fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Apr 11, 2014

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Energy channel + Nekros is pretty hilarious on any melee now.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Helter Skelter posted:

1. What is your clan name?
Team AGGRO
2. How large are you?
Ghost clan (9 members)
3. Are you actually active?
I'm active daily. A few members are sporadicly online.
4. Why are you not part of the main goon clan?
I started the game with a few IRL friends and made the clan before finding out there was a Goon presence in-game.
Most of the clan members aren't Goons, but would prefer to fight alongside Goons than against them.

Drunken Warlord
Jul 8, 2013

It's a dogs life.

Helter Skelter posted:

1. What is your clan name? TheDrunkenAlliance
2. How large are you? 8 members.
3. Are you actually active? Around 6 of us active, playing in the evenings (EU prime time).
4. Why are you not part of the main goon clan? We're a bunch of RL friends and wanted to have our own dojo to build/share stuff. I can vouch for all of these dues though

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Helter Skelter posted:

1. What is your clan name?
2. How large are you?
3. Are you actually active?
4. Why are you not part of the main goon clan?

1. Glitch
2. Less than ten. I want to say 7.
3. Yeah. We all play at least weekly.
4. Not all of us are goons, and we usually played with each other anyway so it was just easier. Also I didn't even know there was a goon clan until like this February.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Got the Alliance invite, just finished building the Orokin lab and started the research because turns out you can't contribute to alliance rails until you have the stuff researched yourself. Would've started sooner with the build/research if I'd knew that. Sorry. :smith:

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Mercury_Storm posted:

Kind of seems like they spent those 2-3 months making absolutely sure most everything in this update was as dumb and contrived, so morons will trample each other to give all their money to DE

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

So I played some Grineer survival last night trying to farm a stance. I didn't get the stance, but holy poo poo I had a ton of fun just drawing my fang primes, channeling, and then slaughtering hordes of dudes. I am very much a fan of the channeling mechanic over the charge mechanic. Plus the dudes vaporize with your weapon's energy color, which is amazing.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
There's quite a few stances that drop in ODD now. Toxics drop Brutal Tide, which is amazing. You can also find Fractured Wind and both of the Furax-style fist ones. I haven't found the latter two, but the leaper and charger drop tables are super-dense with mods.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Channeling is great, stances are dumb, explosive glaive is mostly just a comedy option.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Melee definitely does look like it could be really useful now. Probably not enough to make it better than the best guns or anything, but enough to be a useful option into higher levels of survival or whatever. My Orthos Prime with no forma or catalyst was capable of killing level 25-30 Corrupted Heavy Gunners (pretty much the most horribly scaling enemies in the void if not the whole game) in T3 Survival, and it does mostly slashing damage which they take -50% damage from.

It was still really dangerous and not worth it compared to just holding left click on them with my Boltor Prime but when you get a good combo number going, add some channeling in, do a stance combo, and time blocks to stop their stupid ground slam (you can actually do that now!!!) it piles up some damage.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Instead of timing blocks, try to just do a channel attack when they do the ground slam. I've not read anything confirming this on the wiki, but I've not been knocked down during channel attacks yet and I should've been. More damage, less downtime, and seems to have the same effect as blocking Vs knock downs... blocking is nice to get into hacking/slashing range though, feels a lot more useful than before now that it only drains stamina when you actually block damage.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Melee definitely does look like it could be really useful now. Probably not enough to make it better than the best guns or anything, but enough to be a useful option into higher levels of survival or whatever. My Orthos Prime with no forma or catalyst was capable of killing level 25-30 Corrupted Heavy Gunners (pretty much the most horribly scaling enemies in the void if not the whole game) in T3 Survival, and it does mostly slashing damage which they take -50% damage from.

It was still really dangerous and not worth it compared to just holding left click on them with my Boltor Prime but when you get a good combo number going, add some channeling in, do a stance combo, and time blocks to stop their stupid ground slam (you can actually do that now!!!) it piles up some damage.

Yeah melee 2.0 is fun as a change of pace from guns even without having any stance mods, and melee is a lot stronger now (who'd have thought all it really needed was damage that isn't terrible and a mod system that isn't asinine?) but the whole time I've been going heavy on melee this scene is running in the back of my mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YyBtMxZgQs

Channeling is a nice addition as a big damage boost, and I like the visual effects associated with it, but since it runs on energy it still has the same problem as most frame abilities where it has to compete with spending energy on something that kills the entire room.

The ship yard tile set is cool, too. All in all a decent update so far, Hydrant grind aside (which apparently wasn't even that bad).

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

powerful weedlock posted:

1. Glitch
2. Less than ten. I want to say 7.
3. Yeah. We all play at least weekly.
4. Not all of us are goons, and we usually played with each other anyway so it was just easier. Also I didn't even know there was a goon clan until like this February.
Your clan appears to already be in an alliance.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
Spawn rate on the prosecutors now in survival is nuts, was seeing one every 1 to 2 minutes with more than one up at once at times. I'm not sure if it was a UI bug or what, but I know I saw it telling me I was getting 2 or even 3 beacons per pickup.

Didn't take long for them to backpedal on the crazy grind...

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Coldbird posted:

Spawn rate on the prosecutors now in survival is nuts, was seeing one every 1 to 2 minutes with more than one up at once at times. I'm not sure if it was a UI bug or what, but I know I saw it telling me I was getting 2 or even 3 beacons per pickup.

Didn't take long for them to backpedal on the crazy grind...

Well it sounds like a bug, so it doesn't seem like it was ever intended to be the horrible grind we were rightly mocking them for. Anyway, I might give it a whirl tonight to see how it is.

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
So i played this game a fair bit waaaaay back in the day. Now im itching to try it out again, but i am totally lost. I have no clue what i should grind for, how i should grind, what weapons are good, etc. Is there any good catchingup guide somewhere, or could someone give me some pointers?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Jaroslav posted:

So i played this game a fair bit waaaaay back in the day. Now im itching to try it out again, but i am totally lost. I have no clue what i should grind for, how i should grind, what weapons are good, etc. Is there any good catchingup guide somewhere, or could someone give me some pointers?

If you are below rank 6, get boltor. If you are rank 6 or higher, get soma. Some good frames to start farming for are rhino or nova. From there, just do whatever. Sperg out and try to collect every weapon, try out ones that seem fun, or work on perfecting a couple favorites. It's all good.

Just remember, sniper rifles still suck.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Serious Frolicking posted:

If you are below rank 6, get boltor. If you are rank 6 or higher, get soma. Some good frames to start farming for are rhino or nova. From there, just do whatever. Sperg out and try to collect every weapon, try out ones that seem fun, or work on perfecting a couple favorites. It's all good.

Just remember, sniper rifles still suck.

Hey, the Vectis is awesome. to me. :sicknasty:

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

Channeling is great, stances are dumb, explosive glaive is mostly just a comedy option.

I've had pretty good luck exploding the explosive glaive in people's faces. What I'm mostly annoyed with is that the Glaive charge-up now takes so long. Fury helps a little bit, but you really can't chain it very well.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Melee 2.0: I have to kill fast and bullets too slow.

Coach Sport
Jul 3, 2003
And we care about this shitty poster...why?
Blocking and keeping your stamina up seems pretty important for surviving high level stuff as melee. Does anyone know if channeling while blocking does anything?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Coach Sport posted:

Blocking and keeping your stamina up seems pretty important for surviving high level stuff as melee. Does anyone know if channeling while blocking does anything?
If you time it right you can stagger enemies that try to melee you and trigger a finisher.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I put energy channel on my melee weapon and now I'm immune to knockdown.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Meanwhile on the PS4, only one of us has even loving SEEN the Grustag Three. Such bullshit.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
I think I was the first PS4 clan guy to get the Grustag email. I've seen nothing.

Oh, and I get to initiate forma number three on the Ignis tonight. Four more to go.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I didn't see the grustrags once until yesterday, and I got marked the first day they appeared on PC.

Meanwhile I got hit by the stalker 4 times without killing any bosses in between.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
If you expect the G3 to spawn, don't. Apathy ups your chances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Sandweed posted:

I put energy channel on my melee weapon and now I'm immune to knockdown.

I've found that I'm immune to knockdown if I'm in the middle of a melee attack anyway.