Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Wrong thread, that was AWESOME!

I hope he was wearing his seat belt, that had to hurt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I....would have driven the poo poo out of that truck. gently caress the haters give me some loving Michelin military spec tires and let me smash around town scaring people.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

This is all I see

Edit:

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I was poking around trying to get an idea of what cavity waxes are available in Canada, and stumbled across this thread:

http://forums.nicoclub.com/my-s13-was-built-on-a-friday-restoration-t580792.html

A 240SX that was built on 4-20. This should be high quality, and it is. Lazy seam sealing (in the middle of panels a mile from the weld), bad welds, missing spot welds, and loose floorpans.

On page 2, they show that the weld quality is so poor that the A-pillar of the unibody was never e-dipped.

What the hell is going on here? Why is this guy going through so much effort to completely tear apart and weld back together this S13? The effort just doesn't make sense to me.

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Apr 11, 2014

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!
An interesting Pontiac Aztek:

I'm not sure how much of this is actually an Aztek, though.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Chinatown posted:

I....would have driven the poo poo out of that truck. gently caress the haters give me some loving Michelin military spec tires and let me smash around town scaring people.

That poor truck.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Ulfhednar posted:

IIRC, that thing has an LS7 swap. Some form of LS swap anyway.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

IIRC, that thing has an LS7 swap. Some form of LS swap anyway.

C5-R race motor. :)

I don't really understand why they did it, but it looked awesome.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20030929/free/309290708

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

My dad had a triumph spitfire, he still tells the story of when his buddies placed it between two lap posts. Apparently it took a "loving 67 point turn" to get it out.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

TrueChaos posted:

My dad had a triumph spitfire, he still tells the story of when his buddies placed it between two lap posts. Apparently it took a "loving 67 point turn" to get it out.

Similar poo poo happens when some one can't find the HMMVW (wheel lock) keys and we have to line it up again.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Holdbrooks posted:

Bro stars on a mustang...

Of course it's the v6. Dude had to save a few bucks to purchase those sweet rims.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
Those star wheels are absolutely awful.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I dont see much of a big deal about it being a V6 or the wheels, those rivets could've been much more obnoxious. The worst part is the chrome frame on the taillights when he shouldve got matte black to match the wheels and quarter window louvers.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ulfhednar posted:

Looks way better than a stock Aztek but the front end is all, lights and vents and lights and vents and lights and vents and oh did we mention lights and vents?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Cage posted:

I dont see much of a big deal about it being a V6 or the wheels, those rivets could've been much more obnoxious. The worst part is the chrome frame on the taillights when he shouldve got matte black to match the wheels and quarter window louvers.

Those are truck rims basically. You see them on lifted bro/flatbill trucks all over. At least here in SoCal.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Chinatown posted:

Those are truck rims basically. You see them on lifted bro/flatbill trucks all over. At least here in SoCal.
Well most mustangs have enough wheel gap to be considered a truck, maybe he was just confused.

I cant hate it, though. I'd never buy his but I was looking at truck wheels for my mustang ever since I saw this picture:

But I couldnt find one I liked (SO many rivets) or in a proper offset, I didnt want to use spacers.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Cage posted:

Well most mustangs have enough wheel gap to be considered a truck, maybe he was just confused.

I cant hate it, though. I'd never buy his but I was looking at truck wheels for my mustang ever since I saw this picture:

But I couldnt find one I liked (SO many rivets) or in a proper offset, I didnt want to use spacers.

Those look like diamond racing steelies, with some sort of centercap thing.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

SaNChEzZ posted:

Those look like diamond racing steelies, with some sort of centercap thing.

They're probably Cragar D-windows:

E: Actually, looking at the front one, it looks like it has round holes.
So it's probably a Cragar Soft 8:

Neat wheels, available up to 17x9. I plan on getting a set for my Chevelle, once it is worthy of having wheels.

Raluek fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Apr 12, 2014

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Chinatown posted:

It was a pile of poo poo fabricated by a loving retard wielding a stick welder. Stay far away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z68qlNO66zA

Properly built? Sure. Needs a good suspension design, obviously a beefed up frame (or just one that wasn't welded together by an idiot) and about 8-12 inches less lift with the fenders cut to actually fit the tires. The way it is? hell no, you want no part of that.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

kastein posted:

It was a pile of poo poo fabricated by a loving retard wielding a stick welder. Stay far away.

Properly built? Sure. Needs a good suspension design, obviously a beefed up frame (or just one that wasn't welded together by an idiot) and about 8-12 inches less lift with the fenders cut to actually fit the tires. The way it is? hell no, you want no part of that.

I love you.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

xzzy posted:

Kids have no creativity, what you do is pick the car up and move it to a different parking spot. No damage and it freaks the owner out.

One time in high school JROTC, during a break from practicing marching in the parking lot, I and a couple of other cadet SGTs decided to gently caress with a cadet MAJ who was a bit of a jerk (and had the class at a different time). We picked up the back end of his Ford Ranger and rolled it across the lot. Our instructors (retired LTC and SGM) didn't stop us, because the enlisted men pulling pranks on the officers is an Army tradition.

Cage posted:

I want to get knobby truck tires for my Interceptor, make it a sort of rally car.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 12, 2014

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Raluek posted:

They're probably Cragar D-windows:

E: Actually, looking at the front one, it looks like it has round holes.
So it's probably a Cragar Soft 8:

Neat wheels, available up to 17x9. I plan on getting a set for my Chevelle, once it is worthy of having wheels.
Yeah, there are a few brands that make the exact same wheel.

Cragar Soft 8

US Wheel Stealth Crawler

Summit Racing Black 8

Pro Comp Rock Crawler

Black Rock Type 8

Bart Wheels Super Trucker

There are probably a lot more, but from what I remember they all have the same specs and nothing in my offset.

Cage fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 12, 2014

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Delivery McGee posted:

I want to get knobby truck tires for my Interceptor, make it a sort of rally car.

Totally not thread appropriate but you just reminded me of something:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVTz2lSePSw&t=600s

Cop car on baby MTs? gently caress yes. :getin:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Delivery McGee posted:

There's a guy here on Guam I see rolling around occasionally that has a lift on his CV like the guys who run giant wheels, but instead he has some truck wheels and some 31" or 33" Kelly Safari tires on them. Looks loving hilarious, and every time I see it I feel a bit jealous.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
Any good cheap (I realize the two are mostly mutually exclusive) mud tires for 16" wheels? My next set of tires will be stupid.

Could probably fit 31s on it, since the cop version is an inch taller than the civvie, and has truck springs.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

What diameter is stock? (we should probably take this to the stupid questions or chat thread, but check treadwright.com for your OEM size.)

e: 31s for a 16"? This is an MTR knockoff in that size... yes they are retreads, I have heard of two failures in half a decade as an offroader and have been beating the poo poo out of my last set for 30+ thousand miles without any problems. https://www.treadwright.com/individual-product/169/GUARD%20DOG-265-70R16.00-D

I have a set of their 235/75R15 Crawlers (BFG MT knockoff basically) on the way, due to be delivered Wednesday.

kastein fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 12, 2014

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...
Believe it or not I think this *may* actually end up looking good once its put back into a clean/sorted engine bay of a mki mr2

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Raluek posted:

This is the plan for my Nova once I get my brakes swapped. I'm thinking 17x8 in front and 17x9 in back.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007

drukqs posted:

Believe it or not I think this *may* actually end up looking good once its put back into a clean/sorted engine bay of a mki mr2

Jesus Christ. I went to UF and even I think that poo poo is awful.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

rear end in a top hat Bicycle posted:

Jesus Christ. I went to UF and even I think that poo poo is awful.

You have taste.

Yes I remember your truck.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007

Boat posted:

You have taste.

Yes I remember your truck.

I do indeed have taste. Nobody ever said it was GOOD taste...

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

kastein posted:

Did anyone notice that was a 85-88 Toyota pickup they were destroying? I like to think that was its final bit of revenge to those stupid rednecks.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...

Absolute OUTRAGE.

The car PASSES SNIFFER

and he gets failed and written up for mods that aren't actually against CARB regs at all... Boost controller is questionable but I'm like 99% sure upgraded intercoolers aren't against the rules

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
Inter coolers are alright

Sinestro fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 12, 2014

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

drukqs posted:

Absolute OUTRAGE.

The car PASSES SNIFFER

and he gets failed and written up for mods that aren't actually against CARB regs at all... Boost controller is questionable but I'm like 99% sure upgraded intercoolers aren't against the rules

why wouldn't you remove the boost controller before having it smogged?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

atomicthumbs posted:

why wouldn't you remove the boost controller before having it smogged?

California is silly, but you know that going in. Boost controller should have been removed.

Regardless, though, that thing didn't just pass, it passed fantastically well. He must have pissed off the tech pretty bad.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
On the upside, if you could get the right forms the tech's signature could be forged pretty easily.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The results are transmitted electronically to the DMV. The smog techs may play it really safe sometimes because if their smog check license gets revoked it's a big deal.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

drukqs posted:

Absolute OUTRAGE.

The car PASSES SNIFFER

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure removing one of the cats is a no-no, so smog dude is doing his job on that one. The boost controller and intercooler? Probably not an issue.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

You willingly live in a state with absolutely retarded laws about cars (CARB is the terrible car stuff here) and get smug about the weather always being nice. Deal with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

kastein posted:

You willingly live in a state with absolutely retarded laws about cars (CARB is the terrible car stuff here) and get smug about the weather always being nice. Deal with it.

If you're dumb enough to not put in the extra effort, or if you're really lazy, just TALK to the guy first and ask him if he would pass/fail those parts, you deserve the headache.