Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
I've tried weird herbal toothpastes from Trader Joe's. Then I went right back to regular mint toothpaste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Why don't you get the cinnamon?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Move to a country where they sell actual adult toothpastes?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Bonster posted:

Why don't you get the cinnamon?

It's never just cinnamon, it's cinnamint. I have one now that I thought was citrus, but again, citrumint.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Then just use baking soda?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

DiggityDoink posted:

It's never just cinnamon, it's cinnamint. I have one now that I thought was citrus, but again, citrumint.

Crest makes toothpastes that are just cinnamon.

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

DiggityDoink posted:

I can't be the only person in the world who hates the gently caress out of mint can I? Why is there no non-mint, non-kids toothpaste that isn't just "plain baking soda flavor." I just want clean teeth without feeling like my tastebuds have been molested.

I don't know where in the world you live, but where I am (Boston Metro area) Cinnamon toothpaste is a fairly regularly available commodity.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

DiggityDoink posted:

I can't be the only person in the world who hates the gently caress out of mint can I? Why is there no non-mint, non-kids toothpaste that isn't just "plain baking soda flavor." I just want clean teeth without feeling like my tastebuds have been molested.

Evidently, mint is what made toothpaste a thing. The people associate the tingle from mint with cleanliness and they start craving the tingle to prove to themselves that their teeth are clean. Or so entertaining popular science book, The Power of Habit claims: http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2012/02/an_excerpt_from_charles_duhigg_s_the_power_of_habit_.single.html

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

DiggityDoink posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Whole-Care-Orange-Mango-Toms-Maine/dp/B004I7983G/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hpc_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1T244D0S1WVSDYVPZJ8P

http://www.amazon.com/Redmond-Earthpaste-Toothpaste-Lemon-Twist/dp/B00BCQ2TOG/ref=sr_1_29?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1397343624&sr=1-29

http://mcphee.com/shop/bacon-toothpaste.html

Sadly you were born too late to get in on this:

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

DiggityDoink posted:

Check the natural food store and find all sorts of amazing non-mint pastes and powders. I use a powder that tastes slightly of cinnamon but mostly nothing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm more a fan of the nightie if only because the descriptor is willing to admit "this is pretty ridiculous buy it anyway".

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

CJacobs posted:

I'm more a fan of the nightie if only because the descriptor is willing to admit "this is pretty ridiculous buy it anyway".

Its more honest than the large chunk of T-Shirt revenue-generators for websites. "You should never admit to owning this, keep it in the privacy of your bedroom" vs basically the entire Hot Topic catalog being described as 'fashion'.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Ooh, I might have to give that lemon one a try. For being at the computer as often as I am, I never think about trying to shop online.

Sadly indeed on the whiskey one. Maybe I'll try and make my own version.

without the tootpaste

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Everybody's bringing out images of Jesus, but we haven't seen the real Jesus yet. Somebody needs to get a tattoo of these for Easter.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

O.K, got it yet?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Say Nothing posted:

O.K, got it yet?

Some people have way too much time (and snakeskin) on their hands?

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Some people have way too many hands

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I want a picture of them managing to take those pictures.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Centripetal Horse posted:

Is... Is that Zappachrist?

I think it's David Mitchell.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

beato posted:

I think it's David Mitchell.

I know this meme is from before my joindate, but was it ever funny?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Captain Trips posted:

I know this meme is from before my joindate, but was it ever funny?

It's not as old as that. Like most memes it was kind of funny at first but got stale very quickly.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

umalt posted:

I want a picture of them managing to take those pictures.

Sometimes people in the real world form bonds with other people, known as "friends."

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nanomashoes posted:

Sometimes people in the real world form bonds with other people, known as "friends."

Must have some good "friends" to convince them to get close to dangerous-rear end reptiles like that.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The David Mitchell meme isn't funny, but David Mitchell himself is a very funny man.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

CJacobs posted:

dangerous rear end-reptiles like that

?

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

What in the actual gently caress is this and why am I laughing so hard at it?

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Triskelli posted:

"it only cost 99 cents"

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

We got these in at work. Has anyone had them? Is the box just a practical joke?

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Captain Trips posted:

What in the actual gently caress is this and why am I laughing so hard at it?

Jurassic Park calm down

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Picnic Princess posted:

I remember eating Jelly Bellies with special Harry Potter flavors like that when the first movie was in theaters. Most of them tasted like what they claim to.

Mixing them in with regular jelly beans with no visual differences is devious, though. I don't think the Harry Potter beans were mixed up like that.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

I've had them. They're called "bean-boozled" or something like that and they are awesome. The box isn't a joke, the barf, rotten egg, etc are all disgusting.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

It's not a joke, the box contains both flavors for each color so you can't tell what one you're gonna get. Jellybean Russian roulette. The toothpaste one is actually yummy though.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
I want to try the pencil shavings. I bet it's better than the licorice.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Licorice is the best flavor and I will fight you regarding this.

No seriously, licorice is a great flavor for all sorts of candies and the best part about it is how few people actually enjoy it, which means that as a kid you never had to share your candy if it was licorice.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Picnic Princess posted:

So does the centipede flavor actually taste like a centipede?

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Picnic Princess posted:

Mike Rowe actually went to the Jelly Belly factory on his show Dirty Jobs and the man in charge of the flavoring is a crazy Asian dude. He offered to make a jelly bean the flavor of Mike Rowe's nasty-rear end work boot, Mike obliged, and then if I recall correctly, he ate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZfcjGVpIuI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snArFZxIWi4

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

DarkHamsterlord posted:

I remember eating Jelly Bellies with special Harry Potter flavors like that when the first movie was in theaters. Most of them tasted like what they claim to.

Mixing them in with regular jelly beans with no visual differences is devious, though. I don't think the Harry Potter beans were mixed up like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO8V72pDw1o
"What does this taste like to you"
"Poo?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH

BANME.sh posted:

It's not a joke, the box contains both flavors for each color so you can't tell what one you're gonna get. Jellybean Russian roulette. The toothpaste one is actually yummy though.

When I got these the box came with a spinner, and you had to eat whatever color the dial landed on. I remember the baby wipe and pencil shaving jelly bellies being frighteningly accurate, although my seven year old nephew and snot connoisseur panned the booger flavored ones as being "too spicy".

• Locked thread