Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Rasczak posted:

Yes I suppose there is some cogent and reasoned thought behind this post but on the other hand gently caress Jeff Ireland

Hahaja I knew when I posted it you'd respond.

Dude couldn't draft for poo poo that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Bengals signed 2013 3rd round pick Sam Montgomery.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

I wanted this to happen LAST year!!!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Thomas Decoud signs with Carolina Panthers.

Strike one role-playing safety off the boards.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Well that didn't take long: Browns are matching Jacksonville's offer sheet for C Alex Mack. Cleveland keeps Mack, per source.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Vertical Lime posted:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Well that didn't take long: Browns are matching Jacksonville's offer sheet for C Alex Mack. Cleveland keeps Mack, per source.

No way Joe Banner would have matched that offer...

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug
Oh well, it was fun to imagine. I'm still queasy at the thought that Jaques McClendon and Will Rackley are the Jaguars veteran OL though...

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I'd be furious if Miami traded for Brandon graham who is just a backup 4-3 de on Miami. One of the surprises for Miami was how Vernon came alive and has 13 sacks with solid run support. Wake has maybe 1-2 years of high level productivity in him so it's good to have Jordan waiting in the wings.

Plus he's a baller in pass coverage which is nice after the Philip wheeler experience

The Eagles are reportedly thinking about or have upped the offer to the 22nd pick and Graham. (Evan Silva writes like he's in the 2nd person reporting in 3rd person)

I still want them to keep Dion.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Since the Eagles originally planned on trying to address that position with the #22 pick anyway, it's probably not the worst use of the pick, although everyone and their dog will know that WR will be their 2nd round choice and teams will be able to navigate around them to scoop up the top guys. So the Eagles will end up having to trade up in the 2nd rd most likely. :X

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I still say hell no. I think Jordan will really emerge as a jason Taylor type player in a few. I love his ability in every facet of defense. Minus run defending but he's working on his upper body strength

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It would be really, extremely weird if the Dolphins gave up on a top 5 pick after one year, I mean I know the Browns did it but running backs shouldn't go top 5 anyway.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Jesus christ, Trent Richardson was the 3rd pick overall? Somehow I blocked that out of my memory. Although I don't know if it makes it any better thinking Weeden was 3rd overall.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PantsFreeZone posted:

The Eagles are reportedly thinking about or have upped the offer to the 22nd pick and Graham. (Evan Silva writes like he's in the 2nd person reporting in 3rd person)

I still want them to keep Dion.

Where do you see this?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Quest For Glory II posted:

Since the Eagles originally planned on trying to address that position with the #22 pick anyway, it's probably not the worst use of the pick, although everyone and their dog will know that WR will be their 2nd round choice and teams will be able to navigate around them to scoop up the top guys. So the Eagles will end up having to trade up in the 2nd rd most likely. :X

I think I'd be good with that, and WR is deep enough where they could target it in the third round rather than the second.

It may be hard for the Dolphins to pass that up. And if they really are open to trading Jordan, I don't think they are going to find a better deal than that.

Miami fans should be bummed if the deal doesn't include an extension for Graham. He's actually really good, much better than his stats show. He just doesn't fit in a 3-4.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 11, 2014

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If we trade Jordan (for a deal that isn't ridiculously in our favor) , I'm loving done.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Zypher posted:

Jesus christ, Trent Richardson was the 3rd pick overall? Somehow I blocked that out of my memory. Although I don't know if it makes it any better thinking Weeden was 3rd overall.
They traded up from #4 to get him, too.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I still say hell no. I think Jordan will really emerge as a jason Taylor type player in a few.

Then maybe they should put him at DE. (but they won't because he's too light)

TheBizzness posted:

If we trade Jordan (for a deal that isn't ridiculously in our favor) , I'm loving done.

You've got a 3-4 OLB playing LB in a 4-3 who put up 2 sacks his rookie year. If he was the kind of guy that could get you ridiculous value in a trade the subject of trading him wouldn't have ever come up.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

TheBizzness posted:

no you're not

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

NotWearingPants posted:

Then maybe they should put him at DE. (but they won't because he's too light)

You've got a 3-4 OLB playing LB in a 4-3 who put up 2 sacks his rookie year. If he was the kind of guy that could get you ridiculous value in a trade the subject of trading him wouldn't have ever come up.

I've gone over everything with regards to Jordan but I'll just say you're being really dishonest by describing Jordan as simply a rookie rusher who got 2 sacks.

Brandon graham is a backup de on Miami. Dion Jordan is stuck behind of one the best des in the league and a 2nd year player who just had double digit sacks

In limited snaps Jordan had a very high success rate, including several pass disruptions that directly caused turnovers (2 picks and 1 fumble)

Here's a great breakdown by an eagles blogger http://chipwagon.typepad.com/eagles/2014/03/dissecting-dion-jordans-2013-season.html

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 11, 2014

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I've gone over everything with regards to Jordan but I'll just say you're being really dishonest by describing Jordan as simply a rookie rusher who got 2 sacks.

That was in response to the idea of receiving "ridiculous value" for him. Jordan has a lot of potential and as a fan I'd love to see the Eagles acquire him. He would fit their new system perfectly and it's a position of need. But there are other factors involved. Yes, he is versatile and can be moved around in the Dolphins defense, but let's say you got the Eagles first round pick (22nd). Would you really be happy if the Dolphins chose a defender that didn't have a position in your base defense?

Speaking of picks, one of the reasons it seems so crazy to trade him is that the Dolphins traded up to get him at #3 last year. But this is a different draft. Where would Dion Jordan go this year? He's probably not the first OLB taken (Mack) maybe not even the second (Barr) and whether or not he would be the #2 or #3 OLB, he's not a top 10 pick. It's a deeper draft.

I'm not even saying the Dolphins should trade him. But if a new GM thinks he can get more in return than what a player is worth, then I don't think he should feel constrained by what the previous GM did in the draft.

Yeah, I posted that link earlier.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 12, 2014

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Ya know, I've talked myself out of it. Previous offer rescinded. Vinny Curry and a 4th round pick in 2015, final offer.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'd like to see the Dolphins move Misi to MLB and play Jordan at the WLB with Ellerbe at the SLB.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I don't really see how Dion Jordan is going to be misused or miscast in the Dolphins defense, 4-3 or not. He's a base package defensive end who can pretty much do whatever you want in sub packages:

http://chipwagon.typepad.com/eagles/2014/03/dissecting-dion-jordans-2013-season-part-2-outside-linebacker.html

You've basically got to create a pretty unique role to use Dion Jordan "correctly". Your typical 3-4 OLB role is just as big of a waste when a guy is doing Brian Urlacher-style deep drops down the middle of the field. The guy gets his poo poo together in run defense and masters another pass rush move or two and he's a big loving deal.

I'd love to see him pick up Jason Taylor's long-arm move.

Hamhandler fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 12, 2014

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
NWP it already came up but almost everyone asked said Jordan hs a top 10 pick this year ahead of Barr

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

NotWearingPants posted:

I just added that caveat because if we got like 4 firsts for him id be cool with it.

They would obviously never get even what they spent on him back, so just don't trade him.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Why are there so many rumors surrounding Jordan? He's a goddamn freak athlete who's played all of one year. He didn't go top 5 for loving nothing. Trading him for anything would be the dumbest thing. It's not like he's Trent Richardson.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

Why are there so many rumors surrounding Jordan? He's a goddamn freak athlete who's played all of one year. He didn't go top 5 for loving nothing. Trading him for anything would be the dumbest thing. It's not like he's Trent Richardson.

Evan Silva hates Miami so whenever Florio or whoever throws out the tiniest smidgeon of a rumor that he can use to say they don't know what they are doing, he jumps all over it.

Earlier they were spreading the story that Wallace was being shopped during the offseason but now everyone in the know, is saying that is 0% true. It is what it is.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

They're probably just hoping the Falcons will trade the #6 pick for Dion Jordan, so they can go get Manziel. :stonk:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami said over and over he's not for sale but it's off season

Mirohan
Oct 23, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

While I did wish him well on the Texans. This makes me happy because they're my AFC rooting interest. He was great for us at LSU. Bengals Vs. Browns will also mean more Mingo and Montgomery buddy interactions. :)

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Montgomery probably won't make the final roster.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Mirohan posted:

While I did wish him well on the Texans. This makes me happy because they're my AFC rooting interest. He was great for us at LSU. Bengals Vs. Browns will also mean more Mingo and Montgomery buddy interactions. :)

Betting on the game maybe

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Atticus Finch posted:

Montgomery probably won't make the final roster.

Yeah he's probably going to end up competing with and likely losing to Geathers for a roster spot that may not even exist after they likely draft a lineman. I'm fairly certain he's practice squad eligible though so he will stick around if he shows anything at all.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

What's the deal with Brandon Lloyd? Why didn't he ever become a perennial pro bowl WR? Seems like he's always had the talent to do so but just never did.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

His quarterbacks before Tom Brady and Kyle Orton included Alex Smith, Tim Rattay, Ken Dorsey, Cody Pickett, end-career Mark Brunell, and a couple of games of Tim Tebow and Rex Grossman sprinkled in

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
There's also, you know, stuff like this

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Every time I look at this gif I think that Lloyd must have thought someone was running a route behind him

The throw is to Lloyd but it's slightly behind him and it has such a high arc for a 5 yard pass that it lands 7 yards beyond him

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

His quarterbacks before Tom Brady and Kyle Orton included Alex Smith, Tim Rattay, Ken Dorsey, Cody Pickett, end-career Mark Brunell, and a couple of games of Tim Tebow and Rex Grossman sprinkled in

So why didn't the 9ers or Broncos resign him? You don't get rid of a stud WR because his QB sucks.

Spoeank posted:

Yea but seriously, it's one gently caress up compared to the countless times he's bailed out trash QBs.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

John Brown posted:

So why didn't the 9ers or Broncos resign him? You don't get rid of a stud WR because his QB sucks.

He only had one really good season, and it wasn't a contract year. Then he got hurt and looked bad, and then he went to the Rams on a one year deal iirc, and didn't show anything. I don't know why the Broncos let him walk, but whatever, it's not like they needed him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Here's something I just realized: We gave Marcel Reece a bigger contract extension than any of the FA RBs this year.

Not saying it's dumb, Reece is awesome, but interesting that a FB got more dough than anyone else.

• Locked thread