Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Xmas Future posted:

Nice catch, Batista

Cesaro had to use both his arms to catch a Matador. Batista only needs his foot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If you could justify ANYBODY else joining that group, it'd be him.

Now I'm imagining Bryan coming out dressed like one of those Delta Force operators with the huge beards.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

PunkBoy posted:

Now I'm imagining Bryan coming out dressed like one of those Delta Force operators with the huge beards and it's GONNA BE loving AMAZING.

helped you out by repairing your post, making it better.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That Uso looked like he was about a foot in front of him. Not much to do there unless Batista felt like making a diving catch on a 220 pound man.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

cucka posted:

helped you out by repairing your post, making it better.

I think that was implied. :colbert: Also the potential of a Running Knee into a Triple Powerbomb. :allears:

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

quote:

I'm sorry but this straight up looks like Big Show teabagging Cesaro and Cesaro shrinking in horror

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Manwithastick posted:

I'm sorry but this straight up looks like Big Show teabagging Cesaro and Cesaro shrinking in horror

I'm pretty sure from Cesaro's desperate little hand flails that's actually what ended up happening

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

WrasslorMonkey posted:

When we say UCE, ya'll say... nope.
[/url]

They reused this crowd shot on Smackdown on the second "OH!" from the crowd. Any chance someone could put together a side-by-side comparison of the cuts from the ramp to the crowd? I want some damning evidence of visual crowd sweetening. :v:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DeathChicken posted:

That Uso looked like he was about a foot in front of him. Not much to do there unless Batista felt like making a diving catch on a 220 pound man.

If you look at the start of the gif, you'll see that Batista was way out of position. Orton is at least a foot or two in front of him ready to catch his Uso, but Batista is too far back and makes no effort to step forward for his.

I like Batista but that was pretty poor on his behalf, he knew that the dive was coming and should have been in a more reachable position to avoid this situation from occurring.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Manwithastick posted:

Well, it is The Big Show, so it's probably felt like two bowling balls dropping on his face.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Say Nothing posted:

Well, it is The Big Show, so it's probably felt like two bowling balls dropping on his face.

I'm sorry, could you please rephrase this using a food analogy?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Um... being hit in the face by a sackful of ham?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I noticed the Hall of Fame is back up on WWE Network, so I watched it. I'd heard that Warrior had said something about wishing it was still the WWF, but I just watched his whole speech and while there was one little over-emphasis bit when he said WWE, if there was any more, I think it was edited out.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Holy christmas! Context please!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Manwithastick posted:

Holy christmas! Context please!

I believe it's a SSB N64 advert

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

So I noticed the Hall of Fame is back up on WWE Network, so I watched it. I'd heard that Warrior had said something about wishing it was still the WWF, but I just watched his whole speech and while there was one little over-emphasis bit when he said WWE, if there was any more, I think it was edited out.

Yeah, he said something to the effect of "I can't believe McDivitt lost to the Wildlife people. Can we get the F back in?"

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

What's the source for this gif? Because it's fantastic and I want the cheesy lightning sound effects to go with it.

Big Slick
Jul 27, 2004
Dreamed I Killed God...

Dimebags Brain posted:

What's the source for this gif? Because it's fantastic and I want the cheesy lightning sound effects to go with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAU0H5jjhBc

Good ol' WWF Superstars

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Are minus.com gifs not showing up for anyone else?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Just slow as poo poo, as usual.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Even when I was a wee tot I knew something was a little off about zooming in and lingering on Warrior's flexing pecs.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jerusalem posted:

I've had problems with their whole site not loading for a few days now.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Thanks WWE Network!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Speaking of the Network - I've been watching old-school NWA, and I can't get over the amazingness that is Charlie Brown From Outta Town. I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in going into Starrcade 83 and giffing up the graphic of Charlie Brown From Outta Town bobbing his head during his introduction. I am considering it as a potential new avatar.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Steve Vader posted:

Speaking of the Network - I've been watching old-school NWA, and I can't get over the amazingness that is Charlie Brown From Outta Town. I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in going into Starrcade 83 and giffing up the graphic of Charlie Brown From Outta Town bobbing his head during his introduction. I am considering it as a potential new avatar.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

That's awesome, thank you!

Is there any chance it looks better with the cheesy 80s graphics surrounding it, too? I imagine it might make Charlie Brown From Outta Town too small, though...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love that, according to Edge, it wasn't until he was mid-flight on this Spear that he thought,"Hang on, I'm not wearing a shirt!"

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
I only just realized that my gifs were way too big anyways, woops!

I did my best.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.

Jerusalem posted:

I love that, according to Edge, it wasn't until he was mid-flight on this Spear that he thought,"Hang on, I'm not wearing a shirt!"

and I'm going headfirst! brilliant match, brutally mad ending.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Luigi Thirty posted:

Thanks WWE Network!

How do they gimmick their thumbtacks in WWE? Clip off most of the spikey bit?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I assumed they didn't gimmick them.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Blasmeister posted:

I'm pretty sure the thumbtacks aren't gimmicked.

EDIT: Just checked Foley/Orton and the pins are about as long as the flat bit so they're definitely not trimmed.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, I believe the idea is that so long as they're spread over an even area like someone's back, they aren't going to do permanent damage. Will still hurt like a bitch, though.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Action Shakespeare posted:

I only just realized that my gifs were way too big anyways, woops!

I did my best.

And I appreciate the effort! Thank you! Jimmy Valiant is nuts.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Blasmeister posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEEVNX7dSCU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Ah, man, assumed they had to be gimmicked what with how far into Edge's back they look but yeah I guess they'd lie wrong on the canvas if they didn't have the pointy ends.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

So lovably awkward.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
An A+ player wouldn't be so humble. An A+ would take a hug from The Rock more naturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Blasmeister posted:

Ah, man, assumed they had to be gimmicked what with how far into Edge's back they look but yeah I guess they'd lie wrong on the canvas if they didn't have the pointy ends.

So what about Cactus Jack vs. Triple H with that thumbtack pedigree spot?