Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0psFDzOJZY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Nice, Weird Al and PFT today. That combination of guests just has me hearing 'WEEEEEEEIRD! YOU GOTTA KEEP THE NOIIIISE DOWWWWWWN!' in my head now.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
This episode reminded me of... Doug Benson (?) chiding PFT for "forgetting he's a professional comedian and just making noises."

BarryMantlesnorks
Nov 14, 2005
That was Jimmy Pardo in the PFT episode of this current season.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Which makes the ending of today's episode even more funny/awkward/horrible.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The more annoying the ads are, the more I enjoy them. THAAAAAANNNNK YOU, SQUARESPACE!!!

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

GobiasIndustries posted:

The more annoying the ads are, the more I enjoy them. THAAAAAANNNNK YOU, SQUARESPACE!!!

That was easily the most obnoxious ad spot in CBB history and I loved it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The whole burning witches at the stake thing might be one of my favorite premises that is stumbled into and then completely ignored because who gives a poo poo. It's like PFT tried so hard to get there and then just went "k im done"

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Tacier posted:

That was easily the most obnoxious ad spot in CBB history and I loved it.

Other than the Pepsi Next ads you mean?

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Other than the Pepsi Next ads you mean?

I have not heard these.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Tacier posted:

I have not heard these.
Bless your untainted pure soul that has never known the POP of the Pepsi Next can, as it pours straight down your earholes.

e: To actually be helpful to you and explain the in-joke I'll let Jeff Ulrich himself explain as he posted this over on the Earwolf SA thread a while back

jeffullrich posted:

Here is the previously untold story of Pepsi Next...

It started off great. They were buying a pre-roll for every third Earwolf show in April, May & June. We were going to have say in the copy and I hired the hilarious Chris Cox to do the VO. I was really excited. We could make some money and have a feather in our cap when it came to recruiting bigger sponsors. I was feeling pretty good.

Then they came to record. Great guys, great copy. But it was too long (100 secs to start) and didn't have the same production value or personal voice that we would want. By that time I realized it wasn't really for me to say how it went and the best I could do was to get it down to 65 secs. Which was the bes I could do. Still way too long and didn't really feel like something we would normally do. I was worried, but at that point felt my hands were tied.

The next part was what I think really screwed it up and caused us to have some listeners lose trust: they didn't approve the final file until May 29th or 30th, instead of the end March when we originally planned. When I finally received approval, I said "Okay, we'll start running June 1st through August 30th." I was told that the original timeline couldn't be moved and I was obligated to deliver 3.5 million impressions by June 30th, within Q2. So we had to run a spot that was too long, not enough in our own voice and with a lower production level than we would like...on every show, sometimes more than once, for a full month. It was rough. And the fans were pissed, rightfully so. Many were happy that we had the opportunity, but many were not. They felt betrayed. I understood but didn't think pulling them was a good idea either.

So we all endured. I couldn't say anything publicly because that would be unprofessional, and at the same time the guys we worked with were great and I didn't want to throw them under the bus. I really think it was all of these factors that didn't work, not their copy. So I shut up and took it. Even now, I still hear about it but I learned a lot and won't put myself in a position for that to happen again.

And the listeners have for the most part forgiven us, based on the fact that we are pretty careful about our ads now and vet all the sponsors and spots to make sure they are relevant to a big enough part of our audience so that it makes sense. The key I think is this: Not everyone who listens to Sklarbro Country are interested in buying $90 pants from Bobonos.com. But they understand that plenty of the people in the community are interested. It's when you do spots (reverse mortgages, shady divorce attorneys, et.c) that NO ONE feels the community would benefit from, then it's selling out and no one feels good about that.

Thanks for giving me a chance to explain after all this time!

Also on the PFT webshow it just hit peak CBB with Hot Saucerman himself as a guest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTQ5B43_1oE

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 8, 2014

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Zsinjeh posted:

Bless your untainted pure soul that has never known the POP of the Pepsi Next can, as it pours straight down your earholes.
I'm listening to an old episode of Who Charted right now and a Pepsi Next ad just came on. God, that was awful.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Zsinjeh posted:

Also on the PFT webshow it just hit peak CBB with Hot Saucerman himself as a guest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTQ5B43_1oE
Awesome! Oh I love this series so much, thank you.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Random but important question: Does anyone know where/how I could get a high quality screenshot of the CBB TV show intro? Preferably the teeth or the crazy dog without any text.

Edit: 1080p quality or better (if this exists at all).

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Apr 11, 2014

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

GobiasIndustries posted:

Random but important question: Does anyone know where/how I could get a high quality screenshot of the CBB TV show intro? Preferably the teeth or the crazy dog without any text.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT, EDITOR OF THE NEW SERIES

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

1080i/720p is the best you're going to get because I seriously doubt IFC broadcasts in 1080p and there's no BDs of the show. I assume IFC broadcasts in HD somewhere but I don't even remember if I got this last season in HD. I know I didn't for s1.

Also this question might have better traction in my TVIV CBBtv thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3558018

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

GobiasIndustries posted:

CBB is on Netflix, I don't know if it's in HD but you could try getting a screenshot from that.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Oh I think you can get s2 in HD on Amazon Instant if it's not on Netflix.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If you can't get it today, I can do you a cap tomorrow when I get home. It'll be 1280x720.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

GobiasIndustries posted:

Preferably the teeth or the crazy dog without any text.

Like this?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

You are my hero. Thank you! I've got the S1 DVD but the resolution wasn't enough for what I was looking for :)

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
I can't remember all the details but didn't Chip Gardner have a similar show to this?

http://www.avclub.com/article/heres-deleted-saturday-night-live-sketch-about-fai-203152

quote:

“Nickelodeon Show” tells the story of Zap!, a fictional series that aired on the network and, to keep its cast appropriately peppy, fed it “off-the-street speed...kids who slowly spiral into insanity as the show goes on.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Trujillo posted:

I can't remember all the details but didn't Chip Gardner have a similar show to this?

http://www.avclub.com/article/heres-deleted-saturday-night-live-sketch-about-fai-203152

Right down to the exact title

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Trujillo posted:

Holy poo poo, that is blatant.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

JethroMcB posted:

Maybe that's why they pulled it.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

You have to figure the writers for these shows are aware that a lot of the funniest stuff right now is happening on podcasts, and when you consider how small the audience is for those podcasts compared to SNL, it must be pretty tempting for them to steal a few jokes or mine them for ideas. As I recall How I Met Your Mother even made a Carl Sjunior joke not long after the original Farts and Procreation episode came out.

Tacier fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 14, 2014

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

name a bread bro

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I haven't listened to it yet, is Tim Simons playing a character or just being himself on today's ep? He's such a perfect rear end in a top hat on Veep that I don't really want to ruin it by learning that he's just a nice guy in real life.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
West, Wing, bitches!
\/\/ \/\/

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Simon's character makes me literally LOL every scene he's in. He loving loves bread.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
that's a good bread bro

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Illinois Smith posted:

I haven't listened to it yet, is Tim Simons playing a character or just being himself on today's ep? He's such a perfect rear end in a top hat on Veep that I don't really want to ruin it by learning that he's just a nice guy in real life.

Being himself, and being great at it.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Are you karate kidding me right now?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I giggle every time I hear 'butt crack'. I am apparently still a child.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

soggybagel posted:

Are you karate kidding me right now?

i haven't listened yet but I got my hopes up that Geno was back because this sounds like him. Oh well

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

GobiasIndustries posted:

I giggle every time I hear 'butt crack'. I am apparently still a child.

Also "titular character"

bartok
May 10, 2006

I was listening to an old episode, 157 with Bobscratch Goldfarb and Paul F. Tompkins, and I noticed some of the ads are replaced with short novelty songs. Was this a pulled Pepsi Next ad/another sponsor or did the show used to play the occasional song during the break?

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

bartok posted:

I was listening to an old episode, 157 with Bobscratch Goldfarb and Paul F. Tompkins, and I noticed some of the ads are replaced with short novelty songs. Was this a pulled Pepsi Next ad/another sponsor or did the show used to play the occasional song during the break?

I don't know about that one inpartiuclar, but the old episodes are littered with bad comedy songs

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

bartok posted:

They played songs during the breaks for a long time until they started getting sponsors and they were pretty bad most of the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Also if you haven't listened to the early episodes you're missing out on Weirder Scott's comedy songs like Tangelo and Birthday Cheques