Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

DoubleDonut posted:

Let's not say things we can't take back!
Haha oh man, somehow I wrote "is" instead of "isn't".
                  /

Kennel fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's more annoying in that it suggests if you drink, you would never turn down a drink if it was offered. Not if you were driving, not if you weren't in the mood, not if you just didn't like cognac, never.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
When it's your rich-rear end uncle and you want to be in the will you don't.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

These two... :allears:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Some Guy TT posted:

It's All Right Chief Dharma
I really like the foreign and weirdly unsettling way the white person is drawn in this strip.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

I love that spider-man's solution to a runaway Jonah is to get in its way. It reminds of the time he defeated Clown Nine. :allears:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Mark Trail

Buz Sawyer

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

This comic is complete bullshit. Canada Geese can't even tell eachother apart.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

Any bets on his reaction following this observation when the book's creepy guy nobody likes who hides alone in a dark place ends up saving the two kids rather than threatening to eat them? I'm betting either abject shame or table-flipping anger.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Winnie the Pooh

For more information about gang stalking, please visit your local youtube channel.

The look of a bear who's never brushed his teeth in his life.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Drakyn posted:

Any bets on his reaction following this observation when the book's creepy guy nobody likes who hides alone in a dark place ends up saving the two kids rather than threatening to eat them? I'm betting either abject shame or table-flipping anger.

Hide the scissors.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm dropping Lost Side of Suburbia on MWF to make room for the other comics. I'm going with that instead of ZNJ because suck it.

e: people complained, so strike that.

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

I've got to say, that's actually a legit good reference.

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Oh, Brother

Wanamingo fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 15, 2014

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Wanamingo posted:

I'm dropping Lost Side of Suburbia on MWF to make room for the other comics. I'm going with that instead of ZNJ because suck it.

Please don't do that, it's seriously the best thing you post!

e: And with Wee Pals and Oh Brother, that's legit saying something

Nikaer Drekin fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 15, 2014

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It's just three days a week. I don't want to get bogged down posting too many good comics at once. :v:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

But... but I love Lost Side of Suburbia. :ohdear:

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

Indeed, why? There doesn't seem to be any money or power angle, just trying their damndest to make Prof. Carson believe.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Oh nuts to that, I'll pick up Lost Side of Suburbia, you can post Candorville.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Just a quick catch-up post...

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

So, Edda just threw her clothes into the lake?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Julet Esqu posted:

But... but I love Lost Side of Suburbia. :ohdear:

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Oh nuts to that, I'll pick up Lost Side of Suburbia, you can post Candorville.

Alright, alright, you win. Here's today's, and I'll keep posting it 7 days a week.

These are all archived strips, so again, anybody who wants to can just read ahead.

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

I'm confused, why does she have lightning powers? I thought the moon maid thing was just a bunch of hypnosis and cosmetic surgery.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The surgery wasn't just cosmetic.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Well then why don't more people have lightning powers if all it takes is a bit of surgery?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

HELLO MISS

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Mercury Hat posted:

Winnie the Pooh

Am I weird for thinking this is a really good strip? I mean, I already kind of liked the characters from other works [never really followed any of it closely though], but this comic is really appealing to me. It's clever humor, and while it kind of relies on knowing the personalities of the characters, it stands up pretty well on its own too.

It just feels incredibly relaxed and not forced, and it's really pleasant. I dunno. :3:

Parsing the statement in the first panel is making my brain hurt. I know what she's saying, and I know what she means, but it's just so awkwardly phrased/punctuated.

Oh well, at least Gilchrist isn't making Fritzi cry over anything.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Wanamingo posted:

Well then why don't more people have lightning powers if all it takes is a bit of surgery?

Same reason why everybody in Big 2 comics doesn't walk around with superpowers of one sort or another: :effort:

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

It's All Right Chief Dharma

It's interesting to see the difference between Korea and China through this strip. In China everyone seems to love white people and the joke would be "everyone is talking to this guy and not doing any work".

Replace it with a black person, though, and it's spot on for China.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Wanamingo posted:

Not everyone has access to mad-scientists willing to gently caress-up your DNA, surgically implant tech in you, and wipe all your memories in order to steal a car that everyone thought was broken.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

An anime reference? You're all right Marciuliano, you get my seal of approval.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

I would think they like goats... Just make a goat decoy out of paper mache and then when the chupacabra never comes use it as a pinata and beat it with a bat.

Retail

Some topics of discussion are agonizingly worse than taxes.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

So what happens when those sticks have bugs on them?

Dustin

"Man, being in the upper quintile of income earners sucks! Look at all the taxes we have to pay!"

On the Fastrack

How about the bathroom?

Safe Havens

Seeing how she can apparently turn into anyone by drinking their DNA. Just break into some medical lab to steal some princess's DNA, make a potion out of it, drink it, give a few public speeches, and you've done your part.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Well finally! I was wondering when Mary would deign to make an appearance in her own strip and begin meddling.

Rex Morgan MD

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Code Jockey posted:

Am I weird for thinking this is a really good strip?

No, it is A Good Comic.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

I'm not even going to try.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Code Jockey posted:

Am I weird for thinking this is a really good strip? I mean, I already kind of liked the characters from other works [never really followed any of it closely though], but this comic is really appealing to me. It's clever humor, and while it kind of relies on knowing the personalities of the characters, it stands up pretty well on its own too.

It just feels incredibly relaxed and not forced, and it's really pleasant. I dunno. :3:

I agree! (But I like the edits, too)

Also want to throw some more love towards Lost Side of Suburbia!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

"Man, being in the upper quintile of income earners sucks! Look at all the taxes we have to pay!"

Hey rich people, don't like taxes, we got this great remedy for that they invented in France in the 1790s...

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Code Jockey posted:

It's a good strip, though the characterization is a little off from the Milne stuff (the only stuff).

Momma

I wonder if all of this stuff is a pose to avoid work, or if Francis is developmentally disabled.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Blondie

Taxes do not work that way!

Take it From the Tinkersons

I can't articulate why, but this infuriates me.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Tiggum posted:

Because it sucks.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's the art, I think. That's just awful. Like Girls & Sports bad.

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Mechahamster
Oct 9, 2007
Tiny paws of doom

Tiggum posted:

Is it the terrible art, the lazy, unfunny joke or the awful delivery?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Midnight Moth posted:

Retail

Some topics of discussion are agonizingly worse than taxes.

I admire Grumbel's for being progressive enough to hire a cyclops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Aardmania posted:

The fifth panel shows the evil escaping from her clown hole.

• Locked thread