Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

NotWearingPants posted:

Also "titular character"

I also laugh at "titular character" every time I see it but it's more for those scenes from the UCB TV show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xAMcsxR8io

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Help Im Alive posted:

Also if you haven't listened to the early episodes you're missing out on Weirder Scott's comedy songs like Tangelo and Birthday Cheques

Featuring Weirdest Kulap!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

GobiasIndustries posted:

I giggle every time I hear 'butt crack'. I am apparently still a child.

I think of Patrice's "Asscrack" bit every time I hear it and it never gets less enjoyable.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

great episode even a good WYR (rare)

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

ImPureAwesome posted:

I don't know about that one inpartiuclar, but the old episodes are littered with bad comedy songs

No. I was listening to a random old episode yesterday when I was cleaning my room and they definitely added in some random weird jingle song that was not there originally. It was weird.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

epitasis posted:

great episode even a good WYR (rare)

Yeah, I really enjoyed this one too. The opening banter before Matt Walsh left was particularly enjoyable, but a solid episode throughout.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
It was actually the Dalton Wilcox episode...I think. That had new random music in place of an ad. Also when he jumps out the window and Jason is like, "Why are we actually looking at the window???"

Fieryspork
Sep 21, 2004
Shamu knows that i'm being sarcastic
regarding the older episodes, i've been re-listening to the old episodes lately and have a question about the music. when the podcast was originally airing or whatever were the songs always like 15 seconds long or have they been edited out for the people downloading them later on? for reference, i didn't start listening until Earwolf was actually a thing.

also, i thought Matt Walsh's character reminded me too much of Ducky Powell. i think it would be funny to have them on together to have them define their personalities more and have the stupid skier vs. snowboarder fight you may have heard if you know those type of people.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Fieryspork posted:

regarding the older episodes, i've been re-listening to the old episodes lately and have a question about the music. when the podcast was originally airing or whatever were the songs always like 15 seconds long or have they been edited out for the people downloading them later on? for reference, i didn't start listening until Earwolf was actually a thing.

also, i thought Matt Walsh's character reminded me too much of Ducky Powell. i think it would be funny to have them on together to have them define their personalities more and have the stupid skier vs. snowboarder fight you may have heard if you know those type of people.

Yeah they edited them down for copyright or something. Back when the show used to air live on the radio they'd play the full songs.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Help Im Alive posted:

name a spread bro

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Tim Heideckers Herman Cain songs were masterful.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I always liked the songs, especially if someone like Odenkirk was on and they'd play lovely Mr. Show songs he had no memory of recording. Still beats another loving Squarespace ad.

although I also miss Jukebox Jury so what the gently caress do I know

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Jing It or Ding It comeback.

Make it happen people.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
"Whoooooooo" SAID IT

Best theme ever.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Besson posted:

"Whoooooooo" SAID IT

Best theme ever.

It only occurred to me recently that Scott's "SAID IT" is probably part of the clip and not something he does live every time, which killed a little bit of the magic for me.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Poopy Palpy posted:

It only occurred to me recently that Scott's "SAID IT" is probably part of the clip and not something he does live every time

Who says?

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
If he does it live, his timing is really impressive.

And Matt Walsh and Ducky Powell together would be hilarious. Like the Wompler Pool Party Spectacular - live from the ski lodge!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Illinois Smith posted:

I always liked the songs, especially if someone like Odenkirk was on and they'd play lovely Mr. Show songs he had no memory of recording. Still beats another loving Squarespace ad.

although I also miss Jukebox Jury so what the gently caress do I know

I love to hear You've Got To Follow Your Balloon

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Name a bread bro

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Pumpernickel

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Great bread bro

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I had my jaw clenched waiting for "ciabatta" to come up, but it never did :(

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Oh my god. If you don't watch @Midnight, you NEED to watch last Thursday night's episode for PFT's suit alone.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Oh my god. If you don't watch @Midnight, you NEED to watch last Thursday night's episode for PFT's suit alone.

Cue Howard Kremer's "Jaws is Better" song: https://soundcloud.com/earwolf/clip-howard-kremer-april

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Well it finally happened, this morning my girlfriend was speaking to me and started a sentence with "It's been" and without thinking or missing a beat I dropped a beautiful It's Been in response.

This drat show.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I ate at this pastrami place yesterday and on the wall there was a review of the restaurant by none other than Merill Shindler.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
If you're looking for another dose of Matt Walsh today's I4H is especially hilarious.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
^^^ I was at that show! It was a little weird seeing some of them just sorta chilling in the background waiting for an opportunity to jump in. Guess you don't notice that in the audio podcast.

How are u posted:

Well it finally happened, this morning my girlfriend was speaking to me and started a sentence with "It's been" and without thinking or missing a beat I dropped a beautiful It's Been in response.

I've been hooked on saying it's been a while for a while now. Luckily, my girlfriend is also an avid CBB listener so she gets it.

drainpipe fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 17, 2014

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

drainpipe posted:

I've been hooked on saying it's been a while for a while now. Luckily, my girlfriend is also an avid CBB listener so she gets it.

This goes over with basically anyone. That song was everywhere for a minute.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Wrong thread! Woops!

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 17, 2014

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Thoogsby posted:

If you're looking for another dose of Matt Walsh today's I4H is especially hilarious.

And he's the guest on Never Not Funny this week. I always enjoy him on NNF because he and Jimmy are old friends.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

This goes over with basically anyone. That song was everywhere for a minute.

Haha yeah actually she didn't find the actual It's Been to be weird, and actually started to sing the song after I dropped it. When she realized after a moment that I had no intention of singing the song then she looked at me weird :v:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
catchphrase suggestion: It's been mere moments since I referenced a Bare Naked Ladies song.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I posted this before but I'd like to reiterate my confession to never actually having heard the original to "It's been", I only hear the Weird Al parody in my mind, which is so much more satisfying.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Just had my first exposure to this podcast with Time Bobby Part 1 and 2, I laughed so hard it hurt. Am probably gonna go straight to the latest and work backwards but are there are real classic episodes I should check out?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Just Chamber posted:

Just had my first exposure to this podcast with Time Bobby Part 1 and 2, I laughed so hard it hurt. Am probably gonna go straight to the latest and work backwards but are there are real classic episodes I should check out?

Anything with Brett Gelman

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Just Chamber posted:

Listen to the Yearly Best Of episodes, they'll point you towards the best ones.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Cloks posted:

Listen to the Yearly Best Of episodes, they'll point you towards the best ones.

This

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
3rding the Best of episodes, complete with really rare appearances from Paul F. Tompkins!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I personally love the the episode featuring Paul F Tompkins and Bobcat Goldthwait but no one else seems to.