Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hat Thoughts posted:

"Amazing Amy" doesn't seem like a person, that's what bothers me about it

That point should be a big part of the movie. Slight spoiler since it isn't covered in the trailer Amy, the missing wife, is famous for being the inspiration for her parents' "Amazing Amy" children's book series.

I wonder if the movie is going to follow the book's POV structure. I hope so.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

monster on a stick posted:

Recognizable names always get promoted no matter how much they appear in the movie.

I always loved that, it seemed almost like the Psycho twist, having the usual "main" character (the seal leader badass) die early on.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The thing that I don't like about that Gone Girl poster is whenever I look at it that loving Cinderella song starts playing in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i28UEoLXVFQ

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Magnificent Seven

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Infamous Sphere posted:

In case you're wondering what poster we got in Australia, it was more like this.

Like the one time Australia has ever chosen to go the non-racist option. We should really add a national tag line at the bottom of the Australia flag:

'Not always completely poo poo when it comes to race. Just usually.'

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

ThatPazuzu posted:

I agree but "You Never Know What You've Got Until... Oct 3" is keeping me from really enjoying it.

Edit: The cloud is clearly a cow skull

Yeah its really weird not to just finish the sentence with "gone"

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Free Drinks posted:

Here he is! It's even a well known movie!

He was always my favorite henchmen in Die Hard.

Now when I watch Die Hard I feel bad for the guy. He's just hanging out on a rooftop with an assault rifle minding his own business and Mclaine just unloads a whole clip into him point blank. One of the more brutal deaths in the movie.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Basebf555 posted:

Now when I watch Die Hard I feel bad for the guy. He's just hanging out on a rooftop with an assault rifle minding his own business and Mclaine just unloads a whole clip into him point blank. One of the more brutal deaths in the movie.

At least he got a last meal.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

The thing that I don't like about that Gone Girl poster is whenever I look at it that loving Cinderella song starts playing in my head.

That is way better than the song I'm reminded of, which has been seared into my mind for eternity.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

dr_rat posted:

Like the one time Australia has ever chosen to go the non-racist option. We should really add a national tag line at the bottom of the Australia flag:

'Not always completely poo poo when it comes to race. Just usually.'

No, we had the better version of the Sapphires poster, remember? Then again, that's because we actually know who at least some of the indigenous actors are already, and international audiences wouldn't.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

Thanks for reminding me how much this song rules. I can still smell the smokey pool halls and bowling alleys.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Same here. :argh: The original Joni Mitchell version isn't much better either. I usually love hippy songs, but not that one.

rawillkill posted:

I personally really like this poster

Mega size:

My eyes got bored and gave up half-way through so at first I read it as YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU GOT TIL YOU GOT THIS.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So along my commute there were a couple of billboards for Game of Thrones, you know:

I just realized they had recently been replaced and I didn't even consciously notice it, because one of them was:

And the other was:

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I really like it, even with the whole "words over face" thing.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Vincent posted:

It makes a world of difference when:

A. The text is actually composed well over the image
B. You have one of the coolest people ever to live on the poster

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Vincent posted:

I can't help but read it as "can nes 2014?" though.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I thought that movie was long dead, guess they finally got around to making it.

Unless its an old poster.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Vincent posted:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Can't loving wait.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

This is a joke poster right? I know there's a long-running joke about Origins being one of the holy trinity of tacked on entertainment subtitles, so this is just taking the piss, right?

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

S-Alpha posted:

This is a joke poster right? I know there's a long-running joke about Origins being one of the holy trinity of tacked on entertainment subtitles, so this is just taking the piss, right?

Nope

http://www.wwe.com/inside/overtheropes/wwestudios/leprechaun-origins-poster-revealed-26230260

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

morestuff posted:

It makes a world of difference when:

A. The text is actually composed well over the image
B. You have one of the coolest people ever to live on the poster

Who is it? I can't really tell between the thick text obscuring his face and his hand over his mouth.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hewlett posted:

Who is it? I can't really tell between the thick text obscuring his face and his hand over his mouth.

http://www.festival-cannes.com/en/article/60537.html

quote:

Hervé Chigioni and his graphic designer Gilles Frappier have based the poster design for the 67th Festival de Cannes on a photogram taken from Federico Fellini’s 8½, which was presented in the Official Selection in 1963.

In Marcello Mastroianni and Federico Fellini, we celebrate a cinema that is free and open to the world, acknowledging once again the artistic importance of Italian and European cinema through one of its most stellar figures.

“The way he looks at us above his black glasses draws us right in to a promise of global cinematographic happiness,” explains the poster’s designer. “The happiness of experiencing the Festival de Cannes together.”

In his films, Marcello Mastroianni continued to encapsulate everything that was most innovative, nonconformist and poetic about cinema. On seeing the poster for the first time, Chiara Mastroianni, the actor’s daughter, said simply: “I am very proud and touched that Cannes has chosen to pay tribute to my father with this poster. I find it very beautiful and modern, with a sweet irony and a classy sense of detachment. It’s really him through and through!”

The Festival de Cannes thanks Gaumont, which owns the rights to the film.

The 2014 Festival poster was designed by Lagency / Taste, Paris.

The graphic charter of the 2014 Festival was designed by Bronx, Paris.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

drat, I thought it was Bowie.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Hewlett posted:

effectual posted:

drat, I thought it was Bowie.

Plebians, the lot of you.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Cacator posted:

Plebians, the lot of you.

The original, for context:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Yes, I totally got the "global cinematographic happiness" that was radiating from that picture. Sure.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Cage posted:

Yes, I totally got the "global cinematographic happiness" that was radiating from that picture. Sure.

quote:

What is this flash of joy that's giving me new life? Please forgive me sweet creatures; I didn't realize, I didn't know. How right it is to accept you, to love, you... and how simple! Luisa, I feel I've been set free. Everything looks good to me, it has a sense, it's true. How I wish I could explain, but I can't... everything's going back to what it was. Everything's confused again, but that confusion is me; how I am, not how I'd like to be. And I'm not afraid to tell the truth now, what I don't know, what I'm seeking. Only like that do I feel alive and I can look into your loyal eyes without shame. Life is a party, let's live it together. I can't say anything else, to you or others. Take me as I am, if you can... it's the only way we can try to find each other.

Of course, he's also miserable for half the movie.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Welp I thought it was a young Brando but to my credit he actually was one of the coolest people to ever live.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Seriously, people didn't know who that was? Watch 8 1/2 you fucks. I've been searching for a decent replica of those sunglasses for years.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I can't help but read it as "can nes 2014?" though.

What a clever observation/joke/shut up.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bummin' around Troma's website looking to buy that Return To Nuke Em High Fantasia poster and ran across this thing.

That poster is loud as hell, and the trailer... :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbxQ9XN8lPs

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That poster is about a million times better than the movie, and I kinda like the movie. Possibly my favourite opening credits scene in the last few years.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

kiimo posted:

Welp I thought it was a young Brando but to my credit he actually was one of the coolest people to ever live.

Yeah, I thought James Dean.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

How dare you not recognize this guy only film nerds may know about.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

"How dare you not recognize this guy only film nerds may know about." - A guy on a film board posting about the Cannes 2014 poster

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Hornswoggle playing the leprechaun is great casting considering that's his gimmick in wrestling.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

penismightier posted:

"How dare you not recognize this guy only film nerds may know about." - A guy on a film board posting about the Cannes 2014 poster

Maybe some of us just like discussing movies and weren't aware we had to go back and check off these required viewings. I know this must make some people recoil in terror that not everyone has seen their favorite Fellini movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Peanut President posted:

Hornswoggle playing the leprechaun is great casting considering that's his gimmick in wrestling.

I hope this movie also features the leprechaun getting the gift of speech from Santa Claus and getting winged with a trashcan by an angry Texan.