Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slightlyslow
Aug 19, 2002
Cheer up, emo kid.
I've learned to only fear Hulks with black, especially 3+, covers as the cascades their anger tend to generate can get really bad. Also my strongest team right now runs strike tiles which will set him off pretty much every turn. His other skills aren't that scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironf
Jul 29, 2004
Visit Homegame Industries www.homegame.org

Sindri posted:

Thanks to Zinglon's generosity, there's a 7th slot up for grabs in PoorGoons.

Joined as Ironf

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Wait, so they're really going to make a Lazy Daken before they release a Taskmaster or Sentry?

REALLY?

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

A.o.D. posted:

Wait, so they're really going to make a Lazy Daken before they release a Taskmaster or Sentry?

REALLY?

Give me GALACTUS. I don't care about Dark Reign. I want to eat entire rosters!

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Anyone else sort of miffed that we're in an event about the Dark Reign era and we don't have a Luke Cage character? Or Spider-Woman or Dr. Strange?

EDIT

Or that we do have Psylocke, who in addition to not having anything to do with that end of the Marvel Universe was also dead for most of the era and is kind of a lovely character?

EDIT 2
And is Lazy Daken confirmed? Because Daken is already arguably the strongest character on the roster at 2 stars. A 3 star one might actually get me to quit this dumb game.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Apr 18, 2014

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Galactus
Three main colours - Black, Blue, Purple

Ability

The Destroyer of Worlds - Replaces Environment tile power

1 Cover - Completely fill Environment AP meter. - Devour one enemy team member
2 Covers - Completely fill Environment AP meter. - Devour two enemy team members
3 Covers - Completely fill Environment AP meter. - Devour enemy team :getin:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
but, but Psylocke has hardly any clothes on!

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

starkebn posted:

but, but Psylocke has hardly any clothes on!

Emma Frost wears even LESS clothes, actually WAS prominent during that era, and is actually interesting. :colbert:

King Metal
Jun 15, 2001
Is there a way to pick what team you show in the PVP stuff? Also, I won a few games in the Hulk pvp, and now it thinks I can beat teams that has level 57 hulk and level 60 Thor. My highest is level 35 Iron Man 35

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Hey now, I'll have no besmirching of Psylocke here. She was awesome as British armor lady before she turned into an Asian ninja and was one of the more fun characters in the Marvel vs. series. She's in there because she has legacy!! Besides, Emma Frost would be a bunch of protect tiles anyway thanks to "secondary mutations."

But really, I still think Rogue of any other X-Men should have a spot.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

King Metal posted:

Is there a way to pick what team you show in the PVP stuff? Also, I won a few games in the Hulk pvp, and now it thinks I can beat teams that has level 57 hulk and level 60 Thor. My highest is level 35 Iron Man 35

As in, what team people fight when attacking you? It's the team you most recently won with.

The flip side of being able to tank your MMR is that sometimes low level people end up fighting really high level people. Try skipping a few to see if it brings up reasonable fights.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Sefer posted:

As in, what team people fight when attacking you? It's the team you most recently won with.

The flip side of being able to tank your MMR is that sometimes low level people end up fighting really high level people. Try skipping a few to see if it brings up reasonable fights.

Yeah, I didn't realize you could skip fights initially. Is there a limit to that? Because since I figured it out, I've been skipping mercilessly to pick on lovely teams.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

After the fourth skip it starts costing you 10 ISO each time.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Hey friends! If you're alliance-less, (or disgruntled), give enough of a crap to earn at least 300 points in the current tournament and would like to join AgentsofGOON speak up or PM me or whatever around and be online around 10:30 (or 30 mins until whatever your tournament end time is).

This is also an encouragement to current members to do the bare minimum of 300 points because holy smokes that's like 30 minutes of effort. Alliance covers are a nice thing to shoot for, after all.

I'm not trying to make this a jewel matching Gestapo or anything I know people's interests come and go but realize that you're holding back 19 other people that may or may not care.

There's no if you're out you're out rule or anything like that but we have a pretty large player base to pick from and there no reason why we can't shuffle people in or out as needed.

I myself am planning to go on vacation this summer and will dutifully drop out for the meanwhile so let's spread the opportunities around if we can :)

I'm still gonna hall of shame you chuckleheads either way.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Huh, looks like the Falcon will be up next. Looks like they're riding the Cap movie's coattails pretty hard.
Also month-long tournament seasons. ahahahah.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Apr 18, 2014

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

Huh, looks like the Falcon will be up next. Looks like they're riding the Cap movie's coattails pretty hard.

Their forum has a placeholder post already, with IceIX saying that falcon is 3* and has a purple active, yellow passive, and blue passive.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Hey friends! If you're alliance-less, (or disgruntled), give enough of a crap to earn at least 300 points in the current tournament and would like to join AgentsofGOON speak up or PM me or whatever around and be online around 10:30 (or 30 mins until whatever your tournament end time is).

I'd take the offer, but I don't think I can be up when the Hulk tournament is going to end. I'm in Europe, and the event ends really early in the morning for me. I could easily climb a bit higher than the 300 points I currently have and plop down a shield if that would do.

Also my roster would seem to be probably the weakest in the alliance. But if that's not an issue...

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

chrisf posted:

Their forum has a placeholder post already, with IceIX saying that falcon is 3* and has a purple active, yellow passive, and blue passive.

So he's Spider Man's best friend. I fondly remember reading the adventures of Spidey and the Falcon. They were always up to some amazing adventures together against Hydra, the Red Skull, and Crossbones.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
My MMR after this week's Lightning Round. :v:

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

This "new character every two weeks" crap is getting grueling to keep up with. How the hell anyone can get so many of these newer character covers without paying ungodly amounts of money is beyond me.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Gallow posted:

This "new character every two weeks" crap is getting grueling to keep up with. How the hell anyone can get so many of these newer character covers without paying ungodly amounts of money is beyond me.
That's pretty much the business model, yeah.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My daily reward heroic was a green hulk. I already maxed that out. :(

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

SynthOrange posted:

My daily reward heroic was a green hulk. I already maxed that out. :(

Hahaha, mine is 5/0/0 so I feel you.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Gallow posted:

I don't mind the events and the new dudes, it's just that you need thirteen loving covers and you might wind up with what, two or three after the event? More importantly you need a shitload of ISO which they are now starving us for in another bullshit attempt to squeeze money from the whales.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Went from 700 to 450... but for one brief, shining moment; I touched the sun!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Follow That Fish! posted:

I'd take the offer, but I don't think I can be up when the Hulk tournament is going to end.

How much longer before you're done for the day? I'm betting there's a guy or two who won't bother putting any points in...

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Syrinxx posted:

I don't mind the events and the new dudes, it's just that you need thirteen loving covers and you might wind up with what, two or three after the event? More importantly you need a shitload of ISO which they are now starving us for in another bullshit attempt to squeeze money from the whales.

Exactly. And it'll be a LONG time before I even consider paying a cent for this after the Great Funbalancing.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
The new PVE is now up, a replay of "The Hunt."

Powered up characters are:
Thor (Modern)
Captain America (Steve Rogers)
Human Torch (Classic)
Magneto (Marvel NOW!)
Storm (Classic)
Black Widow (Original)

This almost makes up for the shittiness of the Venom Heroic. Almost

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Hotshot is back, too. Punisher prizes this time; I hope we can get the alliance cover, I only have 1 green on mine.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

How much longer before you're done for the day? I'm betting there's a guy or two who won't bother putting any points in...

5-6 hours from now. I'm currently sitting at a bit over 500 points. I'll probably shield myself when I'm done playing for tonight, as it looks like it'd probably win me the first Torch cover.

VVVVVVV Alright, I'll be checking the thread later.

Follow That Fish! fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 18, 2014

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
OK I'll check back in in 5 1/2 hours and see where we are at with inactive members.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, I quite like the Hunt. Daken hiding in a cupboard always makes me laugh, and the Savage Land bit is just the best. Wish they'd stop teasing us and just release Devil Dinosaur as a proper cover already though.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

I have to wonder what the thinking behind always placing the same color cover as an alliance reward? Whales will spend money to get covers at $10 a pop, but they can't buy them unless they already have one. At least mix it up so you don't need to be in a mega-alliance to pick up certain covers.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

The Hunt is great. It's low enough of a level to make it accessible for new players, and a good source of ISO for experienced players.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Falcon's powers are uh... definitely a thing. He looks like a pure defensive character-at first- but his ability to boost attack and strike tiles by 30 percent seems just GROSS. And he does that just by matching yellow? He's like, Dr. Doom and Patch's new best friend. (Or hell, just normal Wolverine. Match yellow, wolverine heals and all his strike tiles increase by 30 percent.)

EDIT
Oh, sick. His blue is ALSO passive. So as you're building to someone else's really good Blue power, he's just overriding the other team's bullshit. Jesus.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007

Veryslightlymad posted:

Falcon's powers are uh... definitely a thing. He looks like a pure defensive character-at first- but his ability to boost attack and strike tiles by 30 percent seems just GROSS. And he does that just by matching yellow? He's like, Dr. Doom and Patch's new best friend. (Or hell, just normal Wolverine. Match yellow, wolverine heals and all his strike tiles increase by 30 percent.)

Falcon + a lazy Daken could be something else. Everything would be just gone in a few proper matches.

Snazzy Frocks: I'm currently at 738 points in the Hulk event. My MMR got seriously bumped up to the whale territory, so I just shielded for the rest of the tournament. I won't make promises of these kinds of hauls for everything that's on, but if there's a spot opening up, I'd be interested in trying a bit more competitive enviroment.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Fish you may apply to AgentsofGOON. There will be a spot for you. Please post your player name

Ketsuo
Jul 17, 2003
Caution to avoid damaging game info saved, hold in reset button as you turn power off.
Anywhere someone can go looking for an alliance who only currently has 150HP? Or whats the lowest any current group needs?

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Fish you may apply to AgentsofGOON. There will be a spot for you. Please post your player name

Joined as followthatfish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Well gently caress.