Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Exmond posted:

Is there any guides on the archfiends? I got destroyed by the harpy, didn't really know what to do against her. ((New player here so I dont have many spells))

Not really, I've never really seen any guides around. You could check out a let's play maybe but it's all out learning their attacks and knowning when to strike. In addition to this the Harpy is weak the Heat spells so if you have some spells/sigils that do heat damage slap them on.

Here's the basics about harpy:

Suction attack: She usually starts every fight with this and will do it a couple times through out the fight. Don't run directly away from it, tilt your character to the side and hold X to run. You'll know you're in the sweet spot when you stop getting sucked in. If you're with an AI partner they'll usually get hit by this and the attack will stop early.

Charging: The main issue with harpy is she'll pick a direction and do a charge. There isn't really a tell for this so just never be directly in front of her if you can help, especially if you're melee. When she gets low on health she'll trip and fall, giving you and opening. If you have to dodge this, dodge towards her and at an angle. If you dodge away she'll just run you over.

Flail: A desperation move, she'll do this more the lower her health is. A big tell as she'll rear up and do a shout before stomping the yard. Just don't get close.

Flying: The most annoying aspect of the fight. Sometimes she'll take off and fly around, swooping down to get in hits. You can avoid this by cutting off one of her wings with projectile attacks. You can also knock her down by throwing things at her while she's flying around. If you can't do either of these, just run around avoiding her while you wait.

There's other attacks like a tornado and a stomp attack but these are easy to avoid. Just lay on the damage and retreat to heal. Sacrifice monsters to get spells back if the fight lasts too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.
Any advice on saving vs. sacrificing, especially with archfiends?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

ChetReckless posted:

Any advice on saving vs. sacrificing, especially with archfiends?

Whatever you feel like. If it's your first time through I'd be sure to keep your life levels high enough that you don't die. If you asking for story, there aren't any moral choices in this game, pick whatever.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
With the Harpy, when she is flying if you use any of your Arboreal spells she will come down to eat from the tree. Also when she does the suction thing, if you use a Heal Area spell it will lock you to the ground for nearly the entire duration of the suction effect.

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
I'm 50/50 and I'm having trouble unlocking the quest tree on the 2nd page of age 4 in avalon pacts, as well as a bunch of forgotten pacts. Also, I need some help unlocking drubbing 2+3 and firesweep 3+4. If anyone here is available to help, add me on PSN please. PSN: GJY2105 (gjy2105 if that doesn't work)

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
It has already been confirmed that raiments, black rites, 10,000 lacrima, and 10 offerings (I'm assuming of your choice) will be kept when you transfer your save data over from SS to SS Delta, but nothing has been said about essences+sigils, as far as I know. Anyone know if essences+sigils will carry over in the save data transfer? Thanks.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

ComaPrison posted:

It has already been confirmed that raiments, black rites, 10,000 lacrima, and 10 offerings (I'm assuming of your choice) will be kept when you transfer your save data over from SS to SS Delta, but nothing has been said about essences+sigils, as far as I know. Anyone know if essences+sigils will carry over in the save data transfer? Thanks.

Only 10 offerings? I wonder why they would do that? Just to force people to grind up from scratch again? Or maybe it's like the demo where you could transfer 10 of each offering. If it's like the demo then it'll also transfer 10 of each essence.

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Belzac posted:

Only 10 offerings? I wonder why they would do that? Just to force people to grind up from scratch again? Or maybe it's like the demo where you could transfer 10 of each offering. If it's like the demo then it'll also transfer 10 of each essence.

I hope it will be as you said, because I really don't want to regrind essences for sigils.

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/soulsacrificedelta/savedata/

Translation???:

this transfer over , costume(衣装), sigil(刻印)offering(供物), black rite(禁術) saving and sacrificing(魂? and 気?), Librom's tears(リブロムの涙), NPC(同行者), and story quest progress(ストーリークエストのクリア状況)

供物)(魂)(気)(Offering, Save? , Sacrifice? ) is one type limit of 10. (Offering, Save? , Sacrifice? )

Librom's tears(リブロムの涙) is limit of 10,000 max carry over. Free quest is from the beginning.

right arm level → all reset to 0 but (噂の紙片 details)player get a XP boost and (high probability) get a rare item.

So Sigil carry over. 10 type of (each??) limit of on offering

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
I think that's confirming what I said. 10 of each offering, SE, and LE.

SwiftStrikerInc
Feb 5, 2002
[img]platypus[/img] The platypus stands as a testament to my own stupidity
So, I recently started playing this after getting it on PS+ and I'm just curious about 1 thing (which will decide if I keep playing it or not).

Do you *have* to keep playing the same levels over and over to progress through the stories? I'm currently fighting the minotaur and I'm running on empty and I feel like I probably shouldn't be and I'm not sure how I will even finish the fight (I am close to the end I believe) without just letting my partner do everything. Perhaps it's just not the game for me.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

SwiftStrikerInc posted:

So, I recently started playing this after getting it on PS+ and I'm just curious about 1 thing (which will decide if I keep playing it or not).

Do you *have* to keep playing the same levels over and over to progress through the stories? I'm currently fighting the minotaur and I'm running on empty and I feel like I probably shouldn't be and I'm not sure how I will even finish the fight (I am close to the end I believe) without just letting my partner do everything. Perhaps it's just not the game for me.

That's kind of the core of the game, yes. Grind missions for offerings -> upgrade offerings -> take on hew/harder missions until you start to struggle -> grind again.

SwiftStrikerInc
Feb 5, 2002

Mango Polo posted:

That's kind of the core of the game, yes. Grind missions for offerings -> upgrade offerings -> take on hew/harder missions until you start to struggle -> grind again.

Ok, I guess I'll try to attack the game differently.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

SwiftStrikerInc posted:

I'm pretty sure you can do most of the story without any grinding at all as long as you're doing some of the side missions. It sounds more like you don't know that sacrificing monsters or finding offering points with your minds eye recharges your spells. It's actually impossible to run out of spells in this game on every fight but 1 (and it's easy enough).

SwiftStrikerInc
Feb 5, 2002

Belzac posted:

I'm pretty sure you can do most of the story without any grinding at all as long as you're doing some of the side missions. It sounds more like you don't know that sacrificing monsters or finding offering points with your minds eye recharges your spells. It's actually impossible to run out of spells in this game on every fight but 1 (and it's easy enough).

Well, I can't sacrifice on the Minotaur fight (need to save all) and I have used the mind's eye and restored my spells several times and there's just nothing left to grab since this fight has lasted so long. It is quite likely that I just suck at the game, so I'll just go with that.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

SwiftStrikerInc posted:

Well, I can't sacrifice on the Minotaur fight (need to save all) and I have used the mind's eye and restored my spells several times and there's just nothing left to grab since this fight has lasted so long. It is quite likely that I just suck at the game, so I'll just go with that.

I'm pretty sure there's no penalty for sacrificing things, even during salvation missions. The only thing they care about is the archfiend. The only salvation missions including in the story are for the final side story which was made for characters that had already or were close to beating the main game.

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

SwiftStrikerInc posted:

You only need to save the Minotaur. You can sacrifice everything else.

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
Is there any announcement about U.S. release date?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

ComaPrison posted:

Is there any announcement about U.S. release date?

I don't believe there's been one yet. But they kinda dropped SS for it's US release in a month after they announced it, so maybe something similar?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Came back to SS after playing Toukiden and I'm sorry I ever left. Is anyone getting Delta this week who wants to feed me info to put in a revised OP? If not I can look around and take guesses. Some interesting things I've seen is a sort of faction warfare element that hooks into online, which might imply some form of player vs. player (even if it's more like, who can kill the most monsters this week). Here's the Japanese release trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbk6K5q8HaY

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Belzac posted:

Came back to SS after playing Toukiden and I'm sorry I ever left. Is anyone getting Delta this week who wants to feed me info to put in a revised OP? If not I can look around and take guesses. Some interesting things I've seen is a sort of faction warfare element that hooks into online, which might imply some form of player vs. player (even if it's more like, who can kill the most monsters this week). Here's the Japanese release trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbk6K5q8HaY

I see that the NPCs are still cooler appearance-wise than a player character ever will be.

I would suggest that we import it, but chances are the NA version is only going to take a couple of extra months to come out.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Emalde posted:

I see that the NPCs are still cooler appearance-wise than a player character ever will be.

I would suggest that we import it, but chances are the NA version is only going to take a couple of extra months to come out.

If you notice during one of the clips you can now apply outfits per-piece now. So you can have Stranger hat, Knight chest, Physician gloves, and Hunter pants if you so chose. But yeah that NPC with the hook arm is rad.

Also I'm holding off on importing it mostly cause I know my save from NA SS won't transfer over.

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
Pretty annoyed that there still isn't a peep about a North America release date. If they really give so few shits about the North American market, I'm just going to pass on it. My hard earned money will go to companies that will work for it.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Reminder that this is a Sony produced product and if it doesn't get localized it's entirely SCEA's fault. So if you want to not give money to them you bought the wrong console.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Looks like SS-Delta will end up being released in the West :
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/01/yup-soul-sacrifice-delta-localized/

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

MoreMetalBrian posted:

Looks like SS-Delta will end up being released in the West :
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/01/yup-soul-sacrifice-delta-localized/

Excellent. Now we just need an official announcement with a release date.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Soul Sacrifice - Delta release date (North America 5/13)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/14/ps-vita-soul-sacrifice-delta-freedom-wars-oreshika-confirmed-for-n-america/

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
I was so hyped about it before, but I'm losing my enthusiasm. I just don't see enough new content to justify paying the price of a full new game. It feels more like it should be the price of a big DLC or expansion pack (~20 bucks).

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Extended demo for PS+ members that transfers over to the new game next week. :v:

ComaPrison posted:

I was so hyped about it before, but I'm losing my enthusiasm. I just don't see enough new content to justify paying the price of a full new game. It feels more like it should be the price of a big DLC or expansion pack (~20 bucks).

Delta is pretty much a full new game.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Emalde posted:

Delta is pretty much a full new game.

More than that it's the whole old game inside of the new game.

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

Haha, those jerks. Waiting until now to tell us these things :v:

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
SCEA's handling of SS has been poor from start to finish. Thankfully we still get the games and the games are good. I wonder who's to blame for the translation though.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

I guess we can use this thread in the interim, but IMO a new thread should be made for Delta~ (or at least update the OP b/c dang)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I gave Alice's Maze a try on a new character and got Romulus and Druid on the third floor :getin:

I pretty much died immediately and then my 2 B affinity companions spent 10 minutes killing them. I got several gold offerings just for "beating" 3 floors.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 14, 2014

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Now that Delta is out I might have to give this game another try-- I played the demo for the original version when it was first released, but it never quite clicked for me for whatever reason. Is there a useful beginners guide to the game, or should I just sift through the thread to find helpful hints? Mainly looking at what levels I should keep my arm at since all that seems like crazy voodoo and I have no idea what would be optimal.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Hi, Detla is out and I'm overwhelmed by how much was added and how much I love this game. I'll update the op by mostly changing the first post, second and third will get a once over but I think most of the info is good.

As for new player tips I could think of some but I think it you'll be fine for the story content just doing what ever feels good. Want to do more damage? Sacrifice. Want to not die so fast? Save. Try out spells and see if you like them, look through your sigils to support the spells you like and look what you need to make them. Look through the Arc Magica to see where you can get better spells.

Just be sure to read all the lore cause god drat.

Oh also you should keep an eye on the difficulty indicator cause sometimes the game likes to through you a curveball by having 5 things open up but some of them are way out of your league.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Belzac posted:

Oh also you should keep an eye on the difficulty indicator cause sometimes the game likes to through you a curveball by having 5 things open up but some of them are way out of your league.

For anybody accustomed to Monster Hunter rankings, this is roughly how they compare:

1-4 Delta is "Low Rank", you can take these with any sort of spells
5-8 Delta is "High Rank", you'll want M and L (silver/gold) tier offerings for these
9-10 Delta is "G1", from here and onward you'll want multiple + (black) tier offerings
11-13 Delta is "G2"
14-15 Delta is "G3"

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
I'm kind of bummed that I deleted my ss data to make room for other games. That Japanese voice pack was huge and I didn't even use it.

Is there anything quick that I should get in ss before I start up delta or is everything from ss obtainable in delta?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Dimix posted:

Is there anything quick that I should get in ss before I start up delta or is everything from ss obtainable in delta?

Everything is obtainable from Delta. Importing data from the original game pretty much only really matters if you put a significant amount of time into it (eg beat the final boss once or twice and did most of the avalon pacts)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Am I reading the what's new breakdown correctly, that to get the new random missions you have to spend a currency you buy with cash?

• Locked thread