Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/04/16/%E2%80%98-united-states-intoxication-not-good-thing%E2%80%99-o%E2%80%99reilly-new-pot-study

So apparently if you smoke pot, you're a selfish human being?

Okay then.....

Generally from my experiences all of my pot smoking friends like sharing.

You greedy son of a bitch!

Big Hubris fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Apr 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Isn't a Driver's License a 'Privilege License'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9k-cblUUR8

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

McDowell posted:

I really wish there was, like, a PYF or a blog or something for sovereign citizens, I am fascinated by them for reasons I will never understand.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
TPM says Harry Reid just called the Bundy people domestic terrorists, so look for that to be beaten into the ground by every RWM outlet for months

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

McDowell posted:

My boss just denies any wrongdoing if he gets pulled over and he claims they let him go most of the time. Traffic cops apparently value their time more than ticket revenue for the state.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TheQat posted:

TPM says Harry Reid just called the Bundy people domestic terrorists, so look for that to be beaten into the ground by every RWM outlet for months

Funny enough I saw a video of an East Ukrainian civilian in a crowd shouting down a tank commander 'DO I LOOK LIKE A TERRORIST?'

I think on BBC?

'Without Due Process we truly do live in an Age of Terror' - JC Denton

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

I'm loving this one. Really, black turnout increased in 2008? Really? Huh, must've been from voter ID laws and not, for instance, the first goddamn chance ever to elect a black president. These guys sure have a finger on the pulse of southern minorities!

This Reuters piece makes me question their 42% figure, what's the math behind that claim?

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That's not entirely true; many do genuinely believe in God and attempt to be Christ-like. The issue is that a lot of people are "Christian" because that's how they were raised and they don't want to disappoint grandma. Many are also strongly encouraged to never, ever actually question what they believe and either don't have the time or the inclination to actually, seriously think about what they believe and how these things interact. Much of it is "I hate gays and black people because my daddy did and so did his daddy. The preacher man told me it's OK 'cuz they ain't really people and Jesus only said to love all the people, you know what I'm sayin'?"

Well I think the problem is that people say X, Y, and Z are because they're hardcore Christians, which is false, and which is why I think we're having this discussion. The problem is that they're conservatives. Everything you described is conservative, not necessarily Christian. I know a lot of very liberal Christians who read the Bible just as legitimately as conservative Christians. The difference is that those people are not inherently assholes, so their reading isn't colored by that factor.

"Fundies" don't oppose gays because they're Christians, they oppose gays because gays are not like them and thus they make them uncomfortable. They don't punish women for having sex because sex is bad in the Bible, they punish women for having sex because they don't want women having sex without their approval. The Bible is just a very convenient way to justify yourself.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

McDowell posted:

Nah it's just a tax some businesses have to pay as part of their registration.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

comes along bort posted:

Nah it's just a tax some businesses have to pay as part of their registration.

Like registering storage of hazardous waste?

Or a license to serve intoxicating substances?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Today I went to a bar with John Yoo for some reason. I learned that he has a podcast. It is basically a more intellectual version of standard rightwing media nuttery, with sportschat thrown in. Enjoy?

http://ricochet.com/series/law-talk/

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 18, 2014

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

McDowell posted:

Like registering storage of hazardous waste?

Or a license to serve intoxicating substances?

These are the businesses/individuals who need to have a privilege license:

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Jagchosis posted:

Today I went to a bar with John Yoo for some reason. I learned that he has a podcast.Enjoy?

Last week I got to shake hands with and well-wish Roy Cooper on his usurpation efforts, and it made me somewhat less likely to leave my state in despair by autumn? High-five for connections!

Is that podcast actually worth listening to beyond schadenfreude and heckuva-job-Brownie-points? Because I remember Yoo as a pretty clear shill, and sports are boring.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jagchosis posted:

Today I went to a bar with John Yoo for some reason. I learned that he has a podcast. It is basically a more intellectual version of standard rightwing media nuttery, with sportschat thrown in. Enjoy?

Eternal shame on you for not attempting to water board him with some piss beer.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

sweart gliwere posted:

Last week I got to shake hands with and well-wish Roy Cooper on his usurpation efforts, and it made me somewhat less likely to leave my state in despair by autumn? High-five for connections!

Is that podcast actually worth listening to beyond schadenfreude and heckuva-job-Brownie-points? Because I remember Yoo as a pretty clear shill, and sports are boring.

I'm listening to it for the first time right now. So far there has been a half hour of tax chat that has covered many of the same points (but from a Republican perspective) that the tax conversation in either this thread or the US Politics - they bleed together in my memory - had recently. It's pretty interesting so far, if you want to know how people who aren't complete dipshits might justify supporting far right economic policies.

Edit: Now they're talking about Cliven Bundy. Will post trip report.

Edit 2: Yoo sided with the government, because we shouldn't encourage threatening federal officers, but he and Epstein support some divestment of public lands in the West. Now they're talking about how Congress could find a way to enforce contempt on Lois Lorner, that hasn't been used in a long time.

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 18, 2014

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Edit: or the freedom deprived "nursery dealer" who just wants to watch your children for 8 hours without all these pesky background checks?

"Dealer" makes it sound like a plant nursery but it could also be the baby kind.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
The right wing media sphere is losing their poo poo right now over the news that employees for Media Matters are going to organize now using a secret ballot instead of card check at the request of the company. Media Matters has also decided to get representation for itself through Perkins Coie.

Right wing media is saying Media Matters is trying to "union bust" which they say is using Media Matters' own definition through a bunch of twisted logic that involves strawmanning Media Matters previous statements about the current state of union organization in America. Other than wanting a secret ballot rather than card check, Media Matters hasn't really done anything that's worthy of being called "union busting" as far as I know.

So it's mostly just right wing people saying, "see, ya dumb libs, don't like it so much when your employees organize, do you? :smug:" without any real evidence that Media Matters is fighting the unionization in any real way.

I wanted to provide a link to the story, but I can't find a single one that isn't just some right wing rag being smug as gently caress while literally reporting lies.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 18, 2014

Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013
Have we ever talked about mofopolitics.com in this thread?? "Edgy" bro version of WND or Breitbert. Crazy racist + sexist, constant RINO accusations. Here's a taste:

Lots to discuss here.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

pd187 posted:

Have we ever talked about mofopolitics.com in this thread?? "Edgy" bro version of WND or Breitbert. Crazy racist + sexist, constant RINO accusations. Here's a taste:

Lots to discuss here.

Marco Rubio's lapel pin is definitely the highlight of this. :allears:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I wonder who they like

I don't know which is funnier, "Adam Kokesh" or "La Raza Operative Scott Walker"

Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013

Jagchosis posted:

Marco Rubio's lapel pin is definitely the highlight of this. :allears:

Not his bandito mustache and gold tooth!?!?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

SedanChair posted:

I don't know which is funnier, "Adam Kokesh" or "La Raza Operative Scott Walker"

Today I learned that Scott Walker apparently said something that wasn't completely inflammatory about immigrants in early 2013, which he subsequently backtracked by November of that year!

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/scott-walker-clarifies-his-stance-in-illegal-immigration-debate-lm8vluj-194096481.html

http://thinkprogress.org/immigration/2013/11/20/2972351/scott-walker-backtracks-immigration-reform/

pd187 posted:

Not his bandito mustache and gold tooth!?!?

Well the mustache was pretty blatant, and I could at least understand a racist shithead imagining Cubans all have some big bushy mustache, but the Mexican flag really hits home that they have no idea what Rubio's ancestry is.

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 18, 2014

Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013
http://www.mofopolitics.com/2014/01/28/fake-libertarian-julie-borowskis-opposes-the-death-penalty-because-shes-stupid/

I really don't understand their politics.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Jagchosis posted:

Well the mustache was pretty blatant, and I could at least understand a racist shithead imagining Cubans all have some big bushy mustache, but the Mexican flag really hits home that they have no idea what Rubio's ancestry is.

Being an ignorant racist shithead isn't about not knowing. It's about not bothering to know or caring to know. If you called them on it they'd say, "Well who do you think Rubio's fighting for with immigration reform? Cuban immigrants? You must be naive! He's fighting for them there Messicans!"

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/04/16/%E2%80%98-united-states-intoxication-not-good-thing%E2%80%99-o%E2%80%99reilly-new-pot-study

So apparently if you smoke pot, you're a selfish human being?

Okay then.....

Generally from my experiences all of my pot smoking friends like sharing.

This study is spreading like wildfire throughout my feed for some reason and a lot of anti-pot people are coming out of the woodwork and proclaiming that we need to double down on cannabis prohibition. It's all couched in a lot of culture war hippie-bashing, of course.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

pd187 posted:

Lots to discuss here.

This is all delightful, but I really do love Paul Ryan's shirt. 'Paul Ryan wanted to lose Obama in 2012' barely edges out the list of people they don't want to gently caress in terms of stupidity.

fake edit: And "Marco Rubio should open a chain of Mexican restaurants." This whole thing is loving precious, it's like baby's first political insults.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

SedanChair posted:

I wonder who they like

THis poll owns so much. I'm just giggling the whole way down. I love crazy websites like that.

Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013

Ramadu posted:

THis poll owns so much. I'm just giggling the whole way down. I love crazy websites like that.

STUPID MORON JON HUNTSMAN

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

SedanChair posted:

I wonder who they like

RINO Wimp Jeb Bush.

It may be due to the fact that I'm old enough that I only really came to political awareness during the tail end of Bush II, but I find it hilarious that they're calling someone of the Bush dynasty a RINO.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Alkydere posted:

RINO Wimp Jeb Bush.

It may be due to the fact that I'm old enough that I only really came to political awareness during the tail end of Bush II, but I find it hilarious that they're calling someone of the Bush dynasty a RINO.
You clearly don't remember 2007-8, where conservatives (who had lashed themselves to Bush after 9/11) responded to the collapse of George W. Bush's popularity by declaring that he was in fact a liberal and the reason that his administration was a such a flaming shitheap in its final years was because he wasn't a real conservative (see: Medicare Plan D and No Child Left Behind). It's the era that gave us the phrase "Conservatism can never fail, it can only be failed".

Conservatism is, by definition, a winning philosophy. So if a "conservative" politician is losing, then by definition he's not a real conservative and instead is some kind of filthy RINO or even liberal.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

pd187 posted:

Lots to discuss here.
This reminds me of the forum/site that our hyper-conservative Orange County superstar FaaQ used to mod, it had mofo in the name too. Could be an offshoot. Check for strange fascination with bodybuilding women and sofas.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Install Windows posted:

These are the businesses/individuals who need to have a privilege license:

Oh no, $50??? The job creators just can't catch a break from the looter government.

bigtom
May 7, 2007

Playing the solid gold hits and moving my liquid lips...
Article from Esquire, which could be alternately titled "Why Ratings & Mainstream Advertisers Don't Matter To RW Media" - http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/Political_Payola#comments

Esquire:ALAN FREED IS SPINNING AT 78 R.P.M. posted:

A POLITICO review of filings with the Internal Revenue Service and Federal Election Commission, as well as interviews and reviews of radio shows, found that conservative groups spent nearly $22 million to broker and pay for involved advertising relationships known as sponsorships with a handful of influential talkers including Beck, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, Mark Levin and Rush Limbaugh between the first talk radio deals in 2008 and the end of 2012. Since then, the sponsorship deals have grown more lucrative and tea party-oriented, with legacy groups like The Heritage Foundation ending their sponsorships and groups like the Tea Party Patriots placing big ad buys.

Doesn't matter if GM, Ford, etc bail from Rush & company - the various Tea Party groups are right there with the checkbook to make sure that the message gets out. At least Alan Freed's payola put doo wop & rock 'n roll on the air.

And in the latest ratings, Rush & Hannity's new home in NYC is pulling a whopping 1.5 share. In LA? A .5...

What a waste of two 50kw sticks.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
I think Mofo is going to be my new favorite website.

e: haha they photoshop hitler-staches and RINO stamps onto people that they don't like.

Miltank fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 18, 2014

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Mofopolitics.com is drat close to the line where sarcasm and sincerity meet.

Rand Paul staffer Jillian Lane: Hot chick that surrounds herself with ugly women

Miltank fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 18, 2014

Dystram
May 30, 2013

by Ralp

ReindeerF posted:

This reminds me of the forum/site that our hyper-conservative Orange County superstar FaaQ used to mod, it had mofo in the name too. Could be an offshoot. Check for strange fascination with bodybuilding women and sofas.

I think it's satire.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
RINOs...RINOs everywhere...

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Dystram posted:

I think it's satire.

The fact that they've picked sides between Levin and Savage/Limbaugh makes me think it could be real.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

That nobody is certain is the best aspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SedanChair posted:

"Adam Kokesh"

So I read this as Adam Koresh and started wondering if David had a family member I should be aware of.