Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

bigtom posted:

At least Alan Freed's payola put doo wop & rock 'n roll on the air.

King of the boondogglers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

ProperGanderPusher posted:

This study is spreading like wildfire throughout my feed for some reason and a lot of anti-pot people are coming out of the woodwork and proclaiming that we need to double down on cannabis prohibition. It's all couched in a lot of culture war hippie-bashing, of course.

Oh man, thanks for posting this, I may have to use it in my college presentation next week about marijuana as a market substitute for alcohol and such. :v:

United States of Intoxication...

"Hmm, now where have I heard that one before..."

*slide of scene from Prohibition*

"Oh, riiiiight."

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/04/16/%E2%80%98-united-states-intoxication-not-good-thing%E2%80%99-o%E2%80%99reilly-new-pot-study

So apparently if you smoke pot, you're a selfish human being?

Okay then.....

Generally from my experiences all of my pot smoking friends like sharing.

Is this the same study that's been going around NPR?

Cause the NPR boiled down to me, in completely non scientific terms, to basically be "if you smoke pot you'll want to smoke pot instead of doing other poo poo and we see how that changes in the brain", which is basically a wash if you known any major potheads because, yeah, they'd rather get stoned on the couch instead of going out to the movies or something. No loving surprise there.

agarjogger
May 16, 2011
Here in Colorado people smoke loads of pot in conjunction with loads of fun and healthy activities such as hiking, climbing, backpacking, bike riding. Maybe they can leave their couches with the stuff since they know they're not going to get handcuffed if they do.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

agarjogger posted:

Here in Colorado people smoke loads of pot in conjunction with loads of fun and healthy activities such as hiking, climbing, backpacking, bike riding. Maybe they can leave their couches with the stuff since they know they're not going to get handcuffed if they do.

Yeah, it's difficult to combine pot with outdoor activities if you don't have the option of consuming after you leave your private space and travel to wherever.

I know more potheads who combine pot with going out to a bar/event than I do potheads who plan to get high and stay home.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Going to the movies stoned used to be my favorite thing but I'm so heavy these days it's more like getting stoned for the previews and actually finishing a large bag of popcorn rather than throwing it away. I remember one time early in my career I asked my roommate to turn the sound down because our neighbors were going to complain on us.

I demand we bring back intermissions!

Edit: WA resident. I can also confirm I do it a lot more out on the road now that we're decriminalized but it's not like I never did before.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

SedanChair posted:

I wonder who they like

I don't know which is funnier, "Adam Kokesh" or "La Raza Operative Scott Walker"
"La Raza Operative Scott Walker"
"La Raza Operative Marco Rubio"

The greatest part of this is that after Julian Castro's 2012 speech, there was a bit of a conservative attempt to tie Julian Castro to La Raza as well; his mother Maria del Rosario Castro actually was a member, so it wasn't just right wing bullshit. It kinda backfired though, since Castro pretty much embraces his La Raza origins, hell he even says his mother's activism inspired his own political ambitions. It especially backfired in San Antonio, since there are a lot of Hispanics who flat out see his La Raza ties as a good thing; I'm not even Hispanic and I see them as positive as well.:v:

So seeing "La Raza Operative Scott Walker" and "La Raza Operative Marco Rubio" just makes me sad that it's not true; if they really were true left wing La Raza operatives, I'd vote for them.:v:

agarjogger
May 16, 2011

fade5 posted:

So seeing "La Raza Operative Scott Walker" and "La Raza Operative Marco Rubio" just makes me sad that it's not true; if they really were true left wing La Raza operatives, I'd vote for them.:v:

Phone him up, say, "Scott. Old pal, my chum. Koch, here. Which one? Doesn't matter. Anyway, new orders. You are to run a distraction route by throwing in with the la Raza agenda. Keep me posted on your progress! Good day, sir. I SAID GOOD DAY! *click*"

It's somewhat possible Walker's staff may have closed that loophole, but I doubt it.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dad was watching O'Reilly as it was airing a "Best of".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI79xr_5nis

So...let me get this straight.

"Government Overreach" is being conditioned on us via us setting up "Obamacare", thus it'll lead us down the path of having the "Anti-Christ" coming.

"I"m not saying he's the Anti-Christ, BUT, HE IS SETTING UP FOR HIM"

"GAY MARRIAGE=SETTING UP FOR THE ANTI-CHRIST"

"One reason for the disintegration of family, is because of gay marriage".

e: Apparently the Jews believe in the Anti-Christ too! That's news to me as their faith is VASTLY different in a lot of ways versus his (crazy) version of Christianity.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

agarjogger posted:

Phone him up, say, "Scott. Old pal, my chum. Koch, here. Which one? Doesn't matter. Anyway, new orders. You are to run a distraction route by throwing in with the la Raza agenda. Keep me posted on your progress! Good day, sir. I SAID GOOD DAY! *click*"

It's somewhat possible Walker's staff may have closed that loophole, but I doubt it.

"This is Carlos Koch, calling on behalf of La Raza. Scott, I need you to fire all the public sector workers and replace them with illegal immigrants, which is according to our agenda. Thank you."

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

pd187 posted:

Have we ever talked about mofopolitics.com in this thread?? "Edgy" bro version of WND or Breitbert. Crazy racist + sexist, constant RINO accusations. Here's a taste:

Lots to discuss here.
This is beatiful. So much hate for all the mainstream right wing media and embracing Alex Jones. And every single Republican leader is a RINO.

Jagchosis posted:

Well the mustache was pretty blatant, and I could at least understand a racist shithead imagining Cubans all have some big bushy mustache, but the Mexican flag really hits home that they have no idea what Rubio's ancestry is.
The mexican flag pin could just be a reference to his stance in Immigration Reform.

SedanChair posted:

I wonder who they like

I don't know which is funnier, "Adam Kokesh" or "La Raza Operative Scott Walker"
If I were Jed Bush I would be severely disappointed that I was not a La Raza Operative.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Cardboard Box A posted:

If I were Jed Bush I would be severely disappointed that I was not a La Raza Operative.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id6LaqZN_Qg

I watch that and I think "Oh OK, Scott Walker is a mainstream Republican" and then I start giggling maniacally at how loving stupid our politics have become, because I can't cry anymore.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Cardboard Box A posted:

This is beatiful. So much hate for all the mainstream right wing media and embracing Alex Jones. And every single Republican leader is a RINO.

The mexican flag pin could just be a reference to his stance in Immigration Reform.

He's done plenty to gently caress over latin american refugees in Florida so he passes the Republican test.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Edit: WA resident. I can also confirm I do it a lot more out on the road now that we're decriminalized but it's not like I never did before.

I never understood people who smoke weed while driving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl7o1EB0sYI

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
For me I would like to say marijuana and this and a bit of music go together mighty well

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Speaking as someone who fully believes not only in decriminalization, but full legalization for recreational purposes, I think driving while stoned should be an arrestable offense. Just as driving under the influence of alcohol is.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Walter posted:

Speaking as someone who fully believes not only in decriminalization, but full legalization for recreational purposes, I think driving while stoned should be an arrestable offense. Just as driving under the influence of alcohol is.

Totally agreed. Driving while intoxicated is a danger to everybody around you.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

CNN: Can the Klan Rebrand? (that was the orignal headline before they edited it)

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/19/us/jewish-center-shootings-kkk-rebranding/

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

Walter posted:

A lot of states have laws that are broad enough to include intoxication from things other than alcohol. I know Oregon will site you with DUI if you are on cold medicine or antihistamines that makes you drowsy.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
IIRC Ohio's law is just "driving while impaired" and is broad enough to even cover driving while sleepy but not under the influence of anything.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I didn't mean a literal road.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
If a cop pulls you over and thinks you're stoned, how do they test for that?

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Chantilly Say posted:

The same way they test you if you're strung out on prescription meds. They have you do a motor and mental skills tests like walking a straight line and reciting the alphabet backwards to determine acuity.

Don't most places already have impairment laws in place that cover all the other ways people might be impaired while driving? The fear-mongering over stoned people driving is pretty crazy considering these laws have been in place for literal decades before anyone even started talking about legal marijuana seriously.

Also, we have stoned people driving now already. Prohibition has failed. Marijuana is fairly easy to get in the US even in places where it's illegal. So it's a problem that should already exist right now if it exists at all.

When you look at the laws it's pretty clear that not only has this problem been brought up before, it's also already been solved!

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Chantilly Say posted:

There's a roadside saliva test they can do, but it gives a positive if you've smoked at all in the last 12 hours. Which is a lovely way of telling if a driver is impaired.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

beatlegs posted:

CNN: Can the Klan Rebrand? (that was the orignal headline before they edited it)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

pd187 posted:

STUPID MORON JON HUNTSMAN
At first glance I thought it said 'Stupid Mormon'

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

ErIog posted:

The same way they test you if you're strung out on prescription meds. They have you do a motor and mental skills tests like walking a straight line and reciting the alphabet backwards to determine acuity.

These tests are pretty much complete bullshit, with "the results are whatever you want then to be!" levels on par with lie detectors. Whether you pass or fail is completely up to the officer and the accuracy rate is like 50%. Maybe it'll be better for weed, who knows, but I doubt it. I agree with the rest of your post though.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I thought that field tests like this were simply to gauge if there is a reason to go further. You do these tests and if the person fails, you have now have another step towards bringing them in. I always thought that field tests were not admissible in court but you can use them to bring someone in and do a blood test, which is admissible in court.

As a teacher at an alternative education high school, we go through basic training to do something similar. We know that we can ask students to do certain things (look up at a light) and it can show that they are under the influence. We have never used that specifically to kick someone out (nor do we use it to have the student arrested) but we have used it as a stepping stone to asking them to turn out their pockets (which due to what they had on them, they were removed from our program).

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I thought that field tests like this were simply to gauge if there is a reason to go further. You do these tests and if the person fails, you have now have another step towards bringing them in. I always thought that field tests were not admissible in court but you can use them to bring someone in and do a blood test, which is admissible in court.

The tests are so the cop can say, "I gave him the test." If a police officer has you out of your car and walking a line, you're already going to jail.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

beatlegs posted:

Someone on a major news site wrote an article about whether a group who's primary reason for existence is white supremacist racism and nativism- is capable of "reforming"? :pwn:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Mister Macys posted:

Someone on a major news site wrote an article about whether a group who's primary reason for existence is white supremacist racism and nativism- is capable of "reforming"? :pwn:

Note how this post applies very easily to the GOP.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mister Macys posted:

Almost all cable news is worthless, but CNN is ahead of even Fox News in the race to the bottom.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Note how this post applies very easily to the GOP.

Or the Democrats of yore...

ohgodwhat fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 21, 2014

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Centripetal Horse posted:

The tests are so the cop can say, "I gave him the test." If a police officer has you out of your car and walking a line, you're already going to jail.

I've passed one before and was sent back to my car. Got pulled over for crossing the right-line due to being drowsy. The action of being pulled over sent enough adrenaline through my system that I alerted right-the-gently caress-up. Passed all the tests and was on my way to work.

I guess the dude was bummed out he didn't get a drunk driver, or something.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

ohgodwhat posted:

Or the Democrats of yore...

I'd rather be the former horse fucker than the current one denying it.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Vriess posted:

I've passed one before and was sent back to my car. Got pulled over for crossing the right-line due to being drowsy. The action of being pulled over sent enough adrenaline through my system that I alerted right-the-gently caress-up. Passed all the tests and was on my way to work.

From what I understand that's generally the cut and dry for scoping out DUI and people texting. Listlessly floating over the lines and sudden jerks back into the lane.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I don't think any of those tests are compulsive in any state. You probably have nothing to gain by taking them, they can be used against you but I'd be surprised if passing was used in your favor.

I'd take the time to find a local DUI lawyer's website and see if they have a list of do's and don'ts.

Don't drive under the influence or while tired and you'll probably never need to use that advice.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Vriess posted:

Yeah, I realize my statement is an exaggeration and sometimes people pass the test and get to go on their way. My point is that the cop is already pretty sure you're impaired before he has you do the little circus act. In your case, he was right when he pulled you over, and wrong by the time he got to your window.

Edit: ^^ Here in Nevada, the officer can use "reasonable force" to make you take a BAC test. This might only be after he has placed you under arrest, but I don't think that's much of a distinction.

Centripetal Horse fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 21, 2014

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I don't think any of those tests are compulsive in any state. You probably have nothing to gain by taking them, they can be used against you but I'd be surprised if passing was used in your favor.

My understanding is that some places use the refusal to take a sobriety test of any type as an admittance of guilt. If you were sober you wouldn't refuse, now would you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

ToxicSlurpee posted:

My understanding is that some places use the refusal to take a sobriety test of any type as an admittance of guilt. If you were sober you wouldn't refuse, now would you?
I would even if sober because I'm both extremely clumsy and get extremely nervous around cops, so I'd either go to jail for a blood test or go to jail for a blood test.

Also, it's probably illegal (I'm no lawyer though) to use that as admittance of guilt or probable cause, not that it's ever stopped cops before.

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 21, 2014