Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matthaeus
Aug 1, 2013

This is a kickstarter for a game that is either about saving Jesus from stick figures with swords or watching him be crucified I'm not certain which:

Crucifixion Simulator 2014 posted:

Ever wanted to be there when Jesus was crucified? Ever wanted to watch Every key moment in HD detail? Now is the time with my HD APP. Collect Gold Frankensence And Myrrh to use your God Powers against the Haters. Call for backup. Turn water into wine AND MORE! If You love my basic Video-Board..The finished game will be a NO 1 hit!

Matthaeus has a new favorite as of 18:52 on Apr 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Is this a... rack mounted clock? :psyduck:

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/198369721/the-epic-video-game-project?ref=sidebar

Let's give two people who have not yet made a successful game $250,000 to make 5 games. What could go wrong?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

FallinInTheBlak posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/198369721/the-epic-video-game-project?ref=sidebar

Let's give two people who have not yet made a successful game $250,000 to make 5 games. What could go wrong?

"We'll see you on the high scores"

Ugh. :suicide:

Depressing Drawers
Dec 17, 2004
UR ALREADY DED

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Minimum pledge reward - $100.00

Good luck with that one guys.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FallinInTheBlak posted:

quote:

-Waking Uncle Vito (already in production)

-Disco Dungeon

-Night at the Home Depot (already in production)

-Ripped Dude Mayhem

Completely unaware of trademark infringement, check.

Terrible names, check.

This looks like it could be a joke though. $100 for the game, $800 for cookies?

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

FallinInTheBlak posted:

quote:

If we reach our goal of 250,000 we will be making the following video games (all of which we came up with on the drive to LA!) and many, many more games that have our unique Minnesotan voice to them:

-Waking Uncle Vito (already in production)

-Disco Dungeon

-Night at the Home Depot (already in production)

-Ripped Dude Mayhem

-Radioactive Pidgeon Patrol

-And Many, Many More!

Such as...

-Gone Ice Fishin'

If you don't want to play Waking Uncle Vito or Ripped Dude Mayhem, I don't know what to tell you.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Zaphod42 posted:

It can't be real, but I can't figure out where they're going with this. The YouTube channel is equally weird and I have trouble believing that is that guy's actual voice.

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Best Buy security. You'll have to come with me sir.

quote:

Ok, well this is usually where Kickstarter projects talk about risks with the project but there really are none ;)

Seriously though we both follow through on our comitments and our parents/ex-girlfirends can verify that (PM us for contact info)

Sure those Ex-Girlfriends have lots of nice things to say about you

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

wa27 posted:

Is this a... rack mounted clock? :psyduck:
It's not for reading the time on, it's for syncing audio gear. Having it rack mountable makes a modicum of sense.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Flipperwaldt posted:

It's not for reading the time on, it's for syncing audio gear. Having it rack mountable makes a modicum of sense.

Also if you look at photos of atomic clocks used by various national agencies etc. you'll find that they are rack mounted because it makes more sense than having precious hardware lying around.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

steinrokkan posted:

Also if you look at photos of atomic clocks used by various national agencies etc. you'll find that they are rack mounted because it makes more sense than having precious hardware lying around.

"God dammit, Ted. That's the third time this week you left the caesium on the floor. Next time someone's going to trip on it!"

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Come up with a game and name it, it might stick. Instead of saying "go fish" we say "Catch a Liberty". What will "black jack" be called? What's a jack? It does not sound American to me.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeGRUAZdhCo

Evil Dead: The Musical owns. It hits just about all the good beats from the movies (trees, pencil, everyone not-named Linda disappearing at the start of 2, hand) and the original showings reserved the first two or three rows as a splatter zone.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

"We'll see you on the high scores"

Ugh. :suicide:

Depressing Drawers posted:

Minimum pledge reward - $100.00

Good luck with that one guys.

This is so obviously a joke, you guys.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

the transparency on the sword

Did they color in the background because they don't know how to draw a border around the card that was cut in half?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

quote:

Who would of thunk? The French suits. America now has her own playing

I believe we will raise two million dollars and a picture of a tattoo.

Many countries have their own playing cards.

Can't wait to back this. :thumbsup:

All of these pictures with the MS Paint text on them, and the back of the card image, are all stock images stolen from other sites too it looks like. Truly these are America's Cards. :911:

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Zaphod42 posted:

Completely unaware of trademark infringement, check.

Terrible names, check.

The thing that gets my goat the most is that they have the audacity to say "We'll sign it!" as if that adds any value.

If this is a joke, it's not funny. It's just dumb as hell.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

The "Revolution" suit is the Don't Tread On Me snake :allears: Sorry, the "Snake of Infinite Revolution"!

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

This guy has 4598 friends on Facebook and no backers? There's supposed to be a strong correlation between facebook friends and kickstarter success.

This kickstarter is so bad that it's ruining statistics.

now entering North Dakota
Feb 22, 2013

Fun Shoe

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

The "Revolution" suit is the Don't Tread On Me snake :allears: Sorry, the "Snake of Infinite Revolution"!

Is that what that's supposed to be? I was sitting here trying to figure out how the hell a triquetra knot represented America.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
You'd think Captain America here would have a better command of the english language.

Also, 'Officially' doesn't actually mean anything anymore, I guess? More and more it seems like an adjective that gets tossed in front of things for no reason.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Wait, the Snake is Che Guevara?

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

StuG Jeebus posted:

Also, 'Officially' doesn't actually mean anything anymore, I guess? More and more it seems like an adjective that gets tossed in front of things for no reason.

Yep, it's officially the new literally.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Edward_Tohr posted:

Yep, it's officially the new literally.

How ironic.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Meatwave posted:

This guy has 4598 friends on Facebook and no backers? There's supposed to be a strong correlation between facebook friends and kickstarter success.

This kickstarter is so bad that it's ruining statistics.

No, it's a libertarian Kickstarter. None of his 4600 friends are backing him because they think he should bootstrap his own drat playing cards if he wants them so much.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
It's an Easter miracle! Another hot dog kickstarter for goons to rally behind.

Sean is unemployed but he has a dream. A dream of building a hot dog cart (it's not built yet but he's supplied a photo of a similar cart to help you imagine what it will look like) and selling the best spicy hot dogs New Jersey has ever seen. If by 'best' we mean a dog with some Sriracha and jalapenos slapped on top of it.

So come on goons, let's help this man who has no food industry experience and no clear business plan achieve the American dream.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

cyberia posted:

At least his dogs don't look like someone shat in a bun after eating a bowl of vindaloo.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

All these would be good for is bringing to poker night to piss everyone off.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

kirbysuperstar posted:

someone shat in a bun after eating a bowl of vindaloo.

Hey - don't knock it if ya ain't tried it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

booshi posted:

All these would be good for is bringing to poker night to piss everyone off.

:smug: Royal Flush? I'm sorry, I don't recognize that form of government. I believe you mean a Democratic Flush. :911:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Waffleman_ posted:

:smug: Royal Flush? I'm sorry, I don't recognize that form of government. I believe you mean a Democratic Flush. :911:

My pair of dueces are sovereign citizens and do not recognize the authority of your full house.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
The gold fringe on these cards denote their allegiance to the admirality powers. They cannot block my Snake of Infinite Revolution and you take seventeen hundred and seventy-six damage. Go fish.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

The gold fringe on these cards denote their allegiance to the admirality powers. They cannot block my Snake of Infinite Revolution and you take seventeen hundred and seventy-six damage. Go fish.

I think you mean "Catch a Liberty".

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

HJE-Cobra posted:

I think you mean "Catch a Liberty".

Can you get a Ron Paul joker?

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Someone from the Skullgirls team just linked this: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ac-gamer#home

Guy is ripping off their IndieGoGo except trying to make it about...I don't know what the gently caress he's trying to make it about because he ripped text entirely from their campaign.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

cyberia posted:

Sean is unemployed but he has a dream. A dream of building a hot dog cart (it's not built yet but he's supplied a photo of a similar cart to help you imagine what it will look like) and selling the best spicy hot dogs New Jersey has ever seen. If by 'best' we mean a dog with some Sriracha and jalapenos slapped on top of it.

So come on goons, let's help this man who has no food industry experience and no clear business plan achieve the American dream.

He's way more organized than I gave him credit for.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Zeether posted:

Someone from the Skullgirls team just linked this: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ac-gamer#home

Guy is ripping off their IndieGoGo except trying to make it about...I don't know what the gently caress he's trying to make it about because he ripped text entirely from their campaign.

And it's dead.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Isn't that a known scam on indie gogo? Take a legit kickstarter, copy it over and put it on flexible funding. The idea is to use a small scale project that looks like it will succeed on kickstarter and hope you make your money and split before the real project runner becomes aware of it. I've heard of it happening to comics or indie games people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Paladinus posted:

And it's dead.
Wait, so the Indiegogo rules are roughly this?
  • Cloning someone's (relatively prominent) Kickstarter - No, bad, evil, get rid of it as soon as possible.
  • Literal scam involving impossible technology and flexible funding - That's cool, just make sure you make us a big-rear end cut, k?