Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Haerc posted:

I've got an Akbolto,an Akvasto and an Akmagnus, should I just sell them all and get a Marelok? The only one of those three that I have that I actually like and put a potato into was the Akbolto, and I've had that since update 8 or something.

Edit: Should I bother making a Detron? I've heard that it's mediocre and I only have the parts due to two random encounters with the invasion in a pubby group.

Keep the guns you like, man. Sell something to a pub if you need that measly 12 plat for more weapon slots.

Detron is meh even against Grineer. I do not get why, because the listed damage is huge, and it allegedly has no drop off over distance.

I think it has to do with my lovely aim. It kicks back like a mule, making me overshoot everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Azran posted:

You guys are missing out on late-night craziness by not joining Mumble. A guy popped into the channel and started interviewing us at 4 AM in the morning, after like half an hour of awkward goonyness he told us he was doing it for Twitch; someone found the channel and he even had a loving facecam for his ten followers. :psyduck:

It was incredibly surreal.

Man, I miss all the fun.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

sleeptalker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usU78p7htmY

It does 40% less than Synapse but works like a lightning Ignis or something.

May have to build it and put it on volt, get a nice electric theme going it'll be sweet.

I know you want penetration for gineer, impact for corpus and slash for infected but are there any exceptions to those rules in the different races?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Azran posted:

You guys are missing out on late-night craziness by not joining Mumble. A guy popped into the channel and started interviewing us at 4 AM in the morning, after like half an hour of awkward goonyness he told us he was doing it for Twitch; someone found the channel and he even had a loving facecam for his ten followers. :psyduck:

It was incredibly surreal.

Wr have a mumble?

E: I need to read OPs more carefully

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Thrasophius posted:

May have to build it and put it on volt, get a nice electric theme going it'll be sweet.

I know you want penetration for gineer, impact for corpus and slash for infected but are there any exceptions to those rules in the different races?

Is there an electric secondary? I can see a gimmick with this and the plasma sword.

Doctor Shapes
Mar 17, 2009

Ask and ye shall receive.

GenericOverusedName posted:

Is there an electric secondary? I can see a gimmick with this and the plasma sword.

The castanas.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Thrasophius posted:

Best advice I ever got:

Radiation to deal with heavy Grineer like Napalms and Bombards, and Corrosive to deal with Corrupted Heavy Hunners in the Void.

Also a gas Ignis on infested missions is not necessary but hilarious.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
The electro-spam machine. It's not like the Ignis at all, it can't take the area-effect increase mod. :smith:

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Looks like DE has clarified what Spare Parts is for, and now I'm going to max it out and put it on every sentinel I've got and remove all its defensive mods. If the sentinel dies, the chance to drop rares goes up. Hence, farming for Cambria, for example, Spare Parts should be an essential use of your sentinel now.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

necrobobsledder posted:

Looks like DE has clarified what Spare Parts is for, and now I'm going to max it out and put it on every sentinel I've got and remove all its defensive mods. If the sentinel dies, the chance to drop rares goes up. Hence, farming for Cambria, for example, Spare Parts should be an essential use of your sentinel now.

I can't tell if you're joking. Are you joking?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

But my sentinel helps me survive by resupplying my shield and shielding me while I pick up fellow tennos. And beeing alive is a very important part of my ability to pick up loot, including rare resources. Rather go for another 5 to 10 minutes of survival instead of having to exit early and hoping my Sentinel dropped good loot.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

necrobobsledder posted:

Yeah, where did you see this? I want to confirm this for myself.

Edit: If you're referring to the updated descriptions, I'd still say it's ambiguous since it's still unclear as to whether it increases drop rates in general or just the chance of the sentinel dropping items.

AHungryRobot fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 24, 2014

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
DERebecca explicitly stated "Clarification = Rare Item Drop Chance On Sentinel Death" in a separate post in the Update 13.1.0 thread.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

I love cats posted:

Keep the guns you like, man. Sell something to a pub if you need that measly 12 plat for more weapon slots.

Detron is meh even against Grineer. I do not get why, because the listed damage is huge, and it allegedly has no drop off over distance.

I think it has to do with my lovely aim. It kicks back like a mule, making me overshoot everything.

I think it's because the Detron has a fairly large spread over a relatively short distance. To really get a lot of damage out of it against a single target you have to be pretty close to it. It is, however, fairly hilarious to fire the Detron at a target and see it and the guy next to it go down.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So I created a Rhino, Krakk, Bolto and dual ethers. Should I go for a Sentry now

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Fat_Cow posted:

So I created a Rhino, Krakk, Bolto and dual ethers. Should I go for a Sentry now

Build Carrier. It pays for itself in passive drop acquisition and has what is arguably the best Sentinel weapon (Sweeper/shotgun).

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Well I've just got a PS4, and have downloaded this.

Does the Goon clan need another terrible pubbie? SEN ID is Thundercloud2013.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Haerc posted:

I've got an Akbolto,an Akvasto and an Akmagnus, should I just sell them all and get a Marelok? The only one of those three that I have that I actually like and put a potato into was the Akbolto, and I've had that since update 8 or something.

Edit: Should I bother making a Detron? I've heard that it's mediocre and I only have the parts due to two random encounters with the invasion in a pubby group.

You should make all items. The Detron is very good vs Grineer and it has the bonus of being the only shotgun style weapon that does not have damage drop off. It has the advantage of being a secondary instead of a primary. It is 'mediocre' because it gets compared to the Brakk but it is by no means a bad weapon. It is very similar to the Akbronco Prime in terms of performance and has very little downside.

All the guns you've listed are good and are generally interchangeable as a go to secondary. Akboltos have a large mag and can ragdoll but are not hitscan. Akmagnus have very high crit but have a very long reload. Akvastos do the most base damage of the three but have the smallest mag of the bunch. You cannot go wrong with any one of them. The beauty of the secondary slot weapons are the mods which let you jack up the damage to obscene levels. With a potato and some formas, a secondary can be modded to do several thousand times the base damage. The weapon would have to be pretty wretched for it to be classified as a bad secondary (hello Spectra).

Aenslaed fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 24, 2014

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

Cathair posted:

DERebecca explicitly stated "Clarification = Rare Item Drop Chance On Sentinel Death" in a separate post in the Update 13.1.0 thread.

I don't think that means that a dead sentinel provides an x% buff to drop rate. I think it just means 'when your sentinel dies it has an x% chance to drop a rate item'. So, sentinel dies, you get a morphic. Yaaaaay.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Cathair posted:

Not much of a clarification.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Yes, that could still just mean a chance to drop a rare item once the sentinel dies. So your sentinel dies, you might get a rare item or some resources... not a generic boost to your drop rates in general. So no way I'm slotting that unless I got points to spend and certainly not with the intention to of getting my sentinel killed.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

Sandweed posted:

Best advice I ever got:

Radiation to deal with heavy Grineer like Napalms and Bombards, and Corrosive to deal with Corrupted Heavy Hunners in the Void.

Also a gas Ignis on infested missions is not necessary but hilarious.

Thanks for the tip I'll keep that in mind, I'll have to go mod hunting to cover all my bases it would seem.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Did they up the drop rate for Corrosive Spread? I got one off a crawler in DSD the other day and noticed they don't go for near as much in trade as the 70-75p they used to (I was seeing 10-15p). People who missed out on Cicero don't have any other way to get toxic on a shotgun, so I'm curious as to whether they actually made Corrosive Spread moderately obtainable.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Coil Mag helmet alert on PC get one of the good helmets while you still can.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Contagious Spread is cheap because loving no one uses shotguns because they're poo poo compared to the rifles you can get.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Denzine posted:

Contagious Spread is cheap because loving no one uses shotguns because they're poo poo compared to the rifles you can get.

Well I mean everyone who wasn't around for Cicero still needs one for their Sweeper I guess.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Shugojin posted:

Well I mean everyone who wasn't around for Cicero still needs one for their Sweeper I guess.

I don't let my sentinels fire weapons. They are loose cannons and need to be reigned in.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

As an aside, Valkyr with Amphis is hilariously good for survival. 100% electric stun and wide knockdown on jump melee means that not only can you remain permanently invincible, but you can perpetually keep heavies from killing your teammates.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012
For anyone curious about Amprex, this review confirms this weapon sort of lightning Ignis with bad ammo efficiency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PquKvewvqso

I love cats fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 24, 2014

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

I love cats posted:

For anyone curious about Amprex, this review confirms this weapon sort of lightning Ignis with bad ammo efficiency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PquKvewvqso

In other words, a Bad Gun that you shouldn't buy or bother using.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

SilentW posted:

In other words, a Bad Gun that you shouldn't buy or bother using.

Or do if you like fun and silliness more than numbers and progress.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

sleeptalker posted:

Or do if you like fun and silliness more than numbers and progress.

True. But if that's all you're in for, why bother reading a review or doing anything other than impulse-buying literally every thing that comes out?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The main question is if it can reach pimped out ignis levels of insanity. Also, does it automatically penetrate cover?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
it can get 50% proc so if nothing else you can keep a crowd of dudes on their butts with Blast/Corrosive, or poo poo numbers with Vortex and gas/elec.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

SilentW posted:

True. But if that's all you're in for, why bother reading a review or doing anything other than impulse-buying literally every thing that comes out?

Because there are some guns that are just plain poo poo. Compare and contrast, if you would: Flux Rifle vs Miter.

* The Flux Rifle doesn't have amazing numbers, but it's gimmicky and fun, and there are some notable gimmick builds you can do around it (i.e. making the world's nastiest Antimatter Drop).
* The Miter, on the other hand, has poo poo numbers AND is not very fun to play with. The only reason people don't delete it outright is because of how hard it is to get.

Other examples of "suboptimal, but amusing and/or has gimmick builds": Attica, Tigris, Torid, Embolist, Lecta
Other examples of "just plain poo poo": Vulkar, Spectra, Sicarus, Ceramic Dagger

If it's suboptimal but looks fun, I'll impulse-buy it (or build it, that is).
If it looks like unenjoyable rear end... well, I'll probably get it eventually for the Mastery, but it's going to be at the bottom of the list.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 24, 2014

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

I love cats posted:

It is hassle. Hassle! Goddamn it. Thanks!

You can move around freely.

I haven't yet figured out a way to pull it off consistently. It tends to happen when I use the power during weapon switching/reloading animations or when the casting is interrupted by being knocked down or by attempting to fire a gun.

I think it is a bug caused by lag or performance issues.

As I said, if you want to do it consistently, just jump off the level while activating absorb. It's not possible in every location, but works every time.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
So lately I've had tons of fun modding Lecta for Gas/Electric/55% proc in Pluto Dark Sectors. I don't even need invisibility/iron skin/etc, the procs handle the crowd control for me. And killing groups of 3-5 Ancients at the same time is oh so satisfying.

It even does fairly decent damage!

Modding it for Radiation promises to be amusing.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

ullerrm posted:

Because there are some guns that are just plain poo poo. Compare and contrast, if you would: Flux Rifle vs Miter.

* The Flux Rifle doesn't have amazing numbers, but it's gimmicky and fun, and there are some notable gimmick builds you can do around it (i.e. making the world's nastiest Antimatter Drop).
* The Miter, on the other hand, has poo poo numbers AND is not very fun to play with. The only reason people don't delete it outright is because of how hard it is to get.

Other examples of "suboptimal, but amusing and/or has gimmick builds": Attica, Tigris, Torid, Embolist, Lecta
Other examples of "just plain poo poo": Vulkar, Spectra, Sicarus, Ceramic Dagger

If it's suboptimal but looks fun, I'll impulse-buy it (or build it, that is).
If it looks like unenjoyable rear end... well, I'll probably get it eventually for the Mastery, but it's going to be at the bottom of the list.

The Miter is also currently bugged and the blade collides with the rest of it immediately on firing. Someone was doing one for mastery in a Sechura shortly after 13.10 hit :mmmhmm:

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Kyte posted:

So lately I've had tons of fun modding Lecta for Gas/Electric/55% proc in Pluto Dark Sectors. I don't even need invisibility/iron skin/etc, the procs handle the crowd control for me. And killing groups of 3-5 Ancients at the same time is oh so satisfying.

It even does fairly decent damage!

Modding it for Radiation promises to be amusing.
I want to try the whips pretty badly so I got the Scoliac plans, but I have to say the Obex/Kogake is super fun with both its stances. Sliding moon-height ragdoll kicks on corpus are incredible, and Brutal Tide is slightly repetitive but insanely fun/ny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWyoS8fppB0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.