Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Nito
Apr 3, 2010
Literally shaking in anticipation...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aegeryn
Oct 14, 2006
:frogsiren: Unlocking, oh God. Looks like it's gonna take about ten minutes before all this spoiler avoiding finally pays off.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Unpacking 8.4 gigabytes of data. Difficult stuff.

I am going into my cave to meet my spirit animal. See y'all on the other side.

Real Nito
Apr 3, 2010

Somfin posted:

Unpacking 8.4 gigabytes of data. Difficult stuff.

I am going into my cave to meet my spirit animal. See y'all on the other side.

I'll meet you on the shores of Mejula traveler.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Unpacking... gently caress

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Man I hate the Pursuer boss fight. You either pull it off immediately or its just a lovely slog that takes forever.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Mazed posted:

There's a particular ring that can be acquired from the start from a merchant in the hub area. Equip, pick a god, have your friends pick the same god, more likely to see their summon sign.

By the way: What god are goons going with?

Ahhh, thanks. So tell me your gods, goons.

Restarted steam 2 now to get the game unlocked, come onnnnnn

e: 3 minutes what is this bullshit!

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Ahahaha holy poo poo, the game really does crash because of HDMI. Switched my primary monitor to DVI and it works fine. HDMI crashes on start. PC lead platform my rear end.

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007
Oh man here we go... 9 MINUTE WAIT TO UNPACK? That's it my life is over.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
It's times like this that make me wish I wasn't at work.

It's also times like this that make me happy that I can remote to my computer and start the unpacking before I get home.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

What is with the unpacking time going wildly back and forth between 10 and 20 minutes it's killing me

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Ready to launch in 30 seconds. Deprived, physical damage only, Company of Champions playthrough here I come. I'll jolly co-op with you jerks after I beat it once.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Went from a 3 minute wait to a "Ready to launch in approximately: 1 hour and 27 minutes"

:negative:

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Anyone in here who could just barely run DS1 well with DSfix? How does this game compare? Am I hosed or is DS2 more optimized and with better graphical customization options?

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

This is a hard game you guys.

It's hard to wait.

Trampy Vampy
Mar 21, 2008

It don't mean a thing,
If it ain't got that swing.

Akarshi posted:

What is with the unpacking time going wildly back and forth between 10 and 20 minutes it's killing me

It's 30 minutes to 4 hours for me :negative:

WHAT? Steam update?! At a time like this?!?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Akarshi posted:

The first boss fight of the game is fighting off the rest of the internet for the precious bits you need to finish unlocking it.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Logan 5 posted:

Went from a 3 minute wait to a "Ready to launch in approximately: 1 hour and 27 minutes"

:negative:

"Ready to launch in approximately: more than one year"

Moog
Sep 14, 2013
I preloaded, as soon as it unlocked it started downloading something, and now it has stopped because the download tab says disc is in use. The gently caress is it doing?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I love threads when a game just launches, so much spam from the greater goon conscious all pining for those precious minutes.

also hey guys wanna do a steam self-update :3:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Sweet! Up and running for me~

Course I have an event I need to go to, but it'll be ready on my return!

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Neurosis posted:

"Ready to launch in approximately: more than one year"

How is the weather in Antarctica?

(that sucks bro, is it even downloading?)

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Darks' holes? Sounds pretty racist to me.

"Miyazaki said that just before From planned to unveil Dark Souls at the Tokyo Game Show in 2010, the game's name was "Dark Race."
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107644-Dark-Souls-Originally-Named-With-Juvenile-Racist-Slang

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Good Citizen posted:

Man I hate the

shuttttt uppppppppppppp i avoided spoilers for this long you aren't ruining it for me

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Dezztroy posted:

Ahahaha holy poo poo, the game really does crash because of HDMI. Switched my primary monitor to DVI and it works fine. HDMI crashes on start. PC lead platform my rear end.
Really? I watch on my HDTV with HDMI so that sucks. Not that I can play anyway because G2A thinks the game comes out tomorrow so they haven't even sent my key yet. EDIT: Apparently the HDMI thing is AMD only? I might be ok.

Hamsalad
May 28, 2007
i am torgo

Also saw an article on modding the PC version - http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/24/dark-souls-2-modded-durantes-gedosato-enables-downsampling-texture-modding/1/

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
I want to leave work to go home and play Dark Souls 2 but I can't leave work to go home and play Dark Souls 2.

Life is hard.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
THE FRAMES

THERE'S SO MANY OF THEM

Harry Joe
Jan 15, 2006
My name be neither Harry, nor Joe, but Harry Joe shall do

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I want to leave work to go home and play Dark Souls 2 but I can't leave work to go home and play Dark Souls 2.

Life is hard.

quit your job.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Moog posted:

I preloaded, as soon as it unlocked it started downloading something, and now it has stopped because the download tab says disc is in use. The gently caress is it doing?

Try closing your steam and re-opening it.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Installing from disk has never sucked more :qq:

Better that than wait 2 days to get the fucker downloaded I guess

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Life is hard.

Find your spare suit of plate armor, put it on, and if anyone asks what you're doing when you clank out just raise the visor, look at them, and lower the visor.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Logan 5 posted:

How is the weather in Antarctica?

(that sucks bro, is it even downloading?)

It resumed normal speed, and my heart resumed beating. Even though I've only slept 3 hours and will have to go back to bed after playing this for a little while. Good thing it's a public holiday.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Hyedum posted:

Try closing your steam and re-opening it.

Also if this doesn't work try pausing and then resuming the download. I was having the same problem and doing this immediately gave me my full download speed with no more Disk Busy problems.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Ready to launch in approximately 45 seconds! 52 seconds! 46 seconds! 49 seconds!

Steam. :colbert:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Mazed posted:

Find your spare suit of plate armor, put it on, and if anyone asks what you're doing when you clank out just raise the visor, look at them, and lower the visor.

I don't think there's any plate armor around here but I'll check the janitorial closet and see if I can improvise something.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Where's my code, GMG?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Its telling me it has to DL 400mb despite my preload, and its not actually downloading!

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I don't think there's any plate armor around here but I'll check the janitorial closet and see if I can improvise something.

Make sure to stencil a sun onto your cardboard chestpiece so everyone knows you're a sun bro too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Where's my code, GMG?

it's under your games tab, you get a key and type it into steam from the library button