Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved

SynthOrange posted:

They really should revamp the non Oasis/Jungle areas. Arctic is decent but almost never shows up either. The city area is a joke. Yay 50 healing.

My three black strike tiles will save the day :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So Juggernaut, Ragnarok and Bag-Man stop at a hot dog cart...

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
So, what's the best way to join a casual goon alliance? tl;dr, basically.

VVV: Cheers, post edited.

X13Fen fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 24, 2014

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Uber Kosh posted:

So, what's the best way to join a goon alliance? tl;dr, basically.
If you want to join a "serious" alliance to get HP and possibly covers you'll probably need to have enough hero points to buy the alliance's next slot (1000-2000). If you want to join a casual alliance I think there are several with spots, just post that you are looking!

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Patch and M. Storm are a good combination in this latest Black Widow Tournament.

Since you're not going to heal anyhow (unless you're one of those BASTARDS who has a Spider-man, who basically is a perfect match with GW, too. Bastards), Patch makes an excellent tank, especially because between him and Widow, Storm is completely blocked from making any matches herself. So Patch is almost always in the front, and since none of them have any use for making Yellow Matches, there's always poo poo on the board for Patch to heal up, so functionally, you have two characters taking basically no damage.

The map choice is three really fun ones, given this team structure, too. You're either making GBS threads out green tiles, doing the whole "Queen of the Jungle" shtick, or making Crit tiles -everywhere-. Widow's ability to put four tokens nearly anywhere she drat well pleases just means more and more criticals, too. Then just let Patch nuke someone down when you get within range.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

ZorbaTHut posted:

My three black strike tiles will save the day :smug:

Have you ever checked how much extra damage those three strike tiles add?

it's nine damage. Total. Three 3-damage strike tiles.

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

Jolly good show, eh old man?
Just opened up a slot in Wailing Fungus.

Chacmool
Apr 12, 2007

Kiffetastic posted:

If you guys get another opening, I'll join and put down the HP for another spot.

Looks like we still have that spot open. Post your in game name and apply I'll get ya in.

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE
G.O.O.N. is currently sitting at 16/17 so we can fit 4 more people in. It's the usual buy the next slot thing. People in it are fairly active!

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
The big arctic ability, Cold Snap, is a blast. Its stupidly hard to get off, and even when I do I'm basically in control and finishing off the last opponent. Even still, its fun to watch the board blow up.

Desert is just nuts with Thor and MStorm. My GBW is nice at 2/4/3, but Thor's Call the Storm ability still does more multi-target damage. My goal is to get two red matches for Storms red immediately, roll on some cascades, and when I get 12 yellow for Thor the match is over.

The downside is no use for black and blue. Hailstorm blocks GBW's Deceptive Tactics so I never use it unless I get a really early black cascade.

So far I'm in 25th place for my season one bracket. I'll take 10 free Heroic tokens once a month if I can hold around that level. Maybe I'll actually get a Spider-Man some day.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
This is the most fun I've ever had with this dumb game. Just M.Storm, Grey Widow, and Patch, spamming crit tiles every which way. It is amazing. I want Magneto leveled higher. Is there anyone else who makes a poo poo ton of a random color? If so I want that guy, too. Just make all the crits, all the time.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Veryslightlymad posted:

This is the most fun I've ever had with this dumb game. Just M.Storm, Grey Widow, and Patch, spamming crit tiles every which way. It is amazing. I want Magneto leveled higher. Is there anyone else who makes a poo poo ton of a random color? If so I want that guy, too. Just make all the crits, all the time.

Doctor Doom is pretty fun turning blue to black and making GBS threads out red attack tiles. Pair him up with Punisher and you can just rain down molotov cocktails.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Thor's yellow, but its random. Combine it with 50ap of Oasis though, and its a green light for mass destruction.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Friend texts me: "I just played a match without Spider-Man to stun everyone. drat that poo poo sucks how do you manage to even play this game"

gently caress you I'm going to go kill myself now having never owned a blue spidey cover

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Syrinxx posted:

Friend texts me: "I just played a match without Spider-Man to stun everyone. drat that poo poo sucks how do you manage to even play this game"

gently caress you I'm going to go kill myself now having never owned a blue spidey cover

Lol look at this non Spidey-haver. I may have bought some of his blue covers for cash money while I was drunk:gonk:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
It's pretty lovely that he still hasn't been nerfed. Yeah I only have two blue covers.

And a maxed Ragnarok :sigh:

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
Saw the bright gold emblem when I got a heroic token from my daily bonus! To bad it was an IW :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, the list of upcoming nerfs basically hasnt moved at all since Thor/Wolviepocalypse. Makes me nervous levelling any of the guys on the list.

Sadly Dark Souls 2 is out now. RIP Pizza Dogs. :v:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah, the list of upcoming nerfs basically hasnt moved at all since Thor/Wolviepocalypse. Makes me nervous levelling any of the guys on the list.

Sadly Dark Souls 2 is out now. RIP Pizza Dogs. :v:

It's cool. Same boat.

I still love you Pizza Dog but we need a break.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

seravid posted:

It's pretty lovely that he still hasn't been nerfed. Yeah I only have two blue covers.

And a maxed Ragnarok :sigh:

My spidey is 5/2/5 :hfive:

:smith:

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

CaptainScraps posted:

It's cool. Same boat.

I still love you Pizza Dog but we need a break.

Man, you haven't even played a match in several days anyway (it tells us that you and Poops McGee are the reasons we aren't getting the max alliance ISO every day)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

:iceburn:

I can only imagine the drama going on in the forums hosting the gigantic whale teams.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

Ghostlight posted:

:iceburn:

I can only imagine the drama going on in the forums hosting the gigantic whale teams.

That made me go to the official forums and holy jesus

quote:

Hi guys,

Just wondering how much have you spend on this game.

Persoanlly, I have spend US$165 on this game

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6402 :psyduck:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

This is also on the official forums :signings:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Auritech posted:

That made me go to the official forums and holy jesus

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6402 :psyduck:

quote:

Including both accounts, more than 300$ for sure. Probably closer to 400$. Both ISO and HP, as well as 2 Steam DLC.

I bought roster slots and quite a lot of alliance spots in bought my accounts. other than that - 1 Pun cover, 1 Hood cover and 1 10pack deal (by accident :roll: )

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
This is why micro transactions work I guess. You've got people willing to spend $1000+ on a match3 game

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I still can't believe people spend any money on this game at all. The value per dollar is still so dismal it's pretty much pointless. Playing since launch I have 42 cover slots from HP rewards and have burnt a handful of shields when the event called for it. I guess cash could have bought a couple more shields or something. I can't imagine spinning the rare cover machine, especially now that I have a max covers copy of every 2* in the game except Ares. The odds of getting anything useful are so slim it's ridiculous.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009
I have a spot open in my alliance if anyone wants to join; I don't know much about how alliances work, I just bought an extra spot with HP and set it to private but dunno how to invite people. On Android if it makes a difference?

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

If I were rich I could see myself buying HP and throwing it all to directly purchase lazythor covers because his lv141 stats holy moly

Oh yea and whale team alliance drama is at an all-time high right now.

(I would know since I'm in one, and there's a whole bunch of talk about sabotage, ragequitting, booting of "low-performing members", commander abuse, general poo poo-talking, etc. Pretty amusing really.)

Happy Bear Suit fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Apr 25, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Glad we're part of the no effort goon group then. Right guys? Right? :ohdear:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
just make everyone in your alliance a commander and you can forget about it

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm sorry to anyone in my alliance for underperforming in the Hunt but it's just too overwhelming now. The most I can do is unlocked the mission with LazyCap and do that over and over again for as much points as possible. I can't believe I was actually shooting for 90000 points in this thing.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I wonder if we'll get an Electro cover to coincide with the coming Spider-man movie. I'd love to be able to win fights with the Bro-est of super villains.

DrowningHarvey
Mar 24, 2013

HGH posted:

I'm sorry to anyone in my alliance for underperforming in the Hunt but it's just too overwhelming now. The most I can do is unlocked the mission with LazyCap and do that over and over again for as much points as possible. I can't believe I was actually shooting for 90000 points in this thing.

Don't sweat about it. Looks like they went full retard with the scaling in this one.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

bouncyman posted:

I have a spot open in my alliance if anyone wants to join; I don't know much about how alliances work, I just bought an extra spot with HP and set it to private but dunno how to invite people. On Android if it makes a difference?

You don't invite people they join and you approve them. But nobody can join if they don't know your alliance's name.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
Perhaps cptscraps and poopsMcgee would be willing to temporarily step out and let a couple active temps join Pizza Dog to give us a better chance at something in this Hunt poo poo show? Under the condition that they can come back when they want and the temps will step back out when they do?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Kjermzs posted:

Perhaps cptscraps and poopsMcgee would be willing to temporarily step out and let a couple active temps join Pizza Dog to give us a better chance at something in this Hunt poo poo show? Under the condition that they can come back when they want and the temps will step back out when they do?

I'll do it. I'll talk to Poops.

I left. Goodbye, sweet pizza dog.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 25, 2014

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Is there any way to tank your rating for this bullshit pve thing? Every node is deadly and I can't even play any more

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
^^^There's a guide on the forums that has this to say:

quote:

Rule 2: Don't Grind
Grinding looks attractive. You are getting more points and you get to pick up all 4 individual rewards. What's not to love? Scaling!
There are two forms of scaling in the game - personal and community.
Community scaling increases the level of opponents based on how many times the node is cleared in the event. This is offset by the amount of time other nodes are cleared and the amount of people who fail to clear the node.
Personal scaling is based on how well you perform. This isn't just based on wins and losses, but also looks at how healthy you are entering each match. So if you are healing in the event or even in battles outside of the event your difficulty will continue to scale up.
Community scaling drops between sub-events and events. Your personal scaling also seems to decay somewhat [anecdotal, not confirmed] between events and possibly between sub-events.
That 500 ISO bonus looks attractive and is worth just 1 more go of the node right? Not when you go to the fourth sub event and can't get any of the bonuses because everything is level 230. Basically if the mission isn't on your path to winning, let it go.

CaptainScraps posted:

I'll do it. I'll talk to Poops.

I left. Goodbye, sweet pizza dog.

We'll always remember you, Scraps!

Ok, anyone with a high score in PVE want to join Pizza Dog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Sefer posted:

^^^There's a guide on the forums that has this to say:

I only play the nodes once each and I still can't progress.

quote:

So if you are healing in the event or even in battles outside of the event your difficulty will continue to scale up.

gently caress you D3, I ain't spending money on health packs.