Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Gortarius posted:

So, my friend and me can't seem to coop.

He has the white soap stone, we are both past level 10. The regional thing in the options is allowed. But, can't see his signs. We both have humanity. Can't see his signs.

Do I also need the soapstone? Or whats the problem here?

I've got the steam version, he doesn't. Is that the problem?

For the latter, yes, there is no cross system play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh beat Dark Souls 1 at SL1, you're so elite!

Shut the gently caress up!!

Stop getting hit and move around, block and dodge the enemies. I loving hate the term "get gud" but you're clearly rushing into things cause you think you're pro.

Guess what? You're poo poo. Slow down, watch enemies and you'll find that the first area mobs are little bitches but give them just a inch and you're hosed.

I can't wait to see what you have to say in later areas. Shaded Woods gonna gently caress you up along with the area right after that!!!

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Internet Kraken posted:

I beat Dark Souls on SL 1. It has nothing to do with skill, its just a lovely system and I mad because they hosed up a really good system rather than fixing the minor problems with it.

This is literally just "They changed it now it sucks :qq:" bullshit. The lifegems+flask strikes a good balance between what DS1 and DeS did.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

I beat Dark Souls on SL 1. It has nothing to do with skill, its just a lovely system and I mad because they hosed up a really good system rather than fixing the minor problems with it.

It's a good system and that fact that you're throwing a little tantrum about it makes it even better.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Vintersorg posted:

Stop getting hit and move around, block and dodge the enemies. I loving hate the term "get gud" but you're clearly rushing into things cause you think you're pro.

Guess what? You're poo poo. Slow down, watch enemies and you'll find that the first area mobs are little bitches but give them just a inch and you're hosed.

I can't wait to see what you have to say in later areas. Shaded Woods gonna gently caress you up along with the area right after that!!!

If he can't dodge he'll never make it close to that far. :v:

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
My buddy just killed an invader with the help of a bluebro. 480,000 souls. What in the gently caress?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Tracula posted:

This is literally just "They changed it now it sucks :qq:" bullshit. The lifegems+flask strikes a good balance between what DS1 and DeS did.

No its a lovely system and I'm upset because they changed what I thought was a really good system that needed minor tweaking to be balanced.

I mean you can literally farm infinite crystals from the start of the game if you're patient enough. How is that nerfing healing?

Vintersorg posted:

I only said that because you're the ones that acting like I'm mad about dieing when I'm not. I'm mad about this annoying health system making exploration difficult since I have to keep going back to the bonfire everytime I get knicked on the shoulder by a stray arrow. Because, up until now, I only had one estus because they had the shards in the place I missed.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Apr 25, 2014

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Gortarius posted:

So, my friend and me can't seem to coop.

He has the white soap stone, we are both past level 10. The regional thing in the options is allowed. But, can't see his signs. We both have humanity. Can't see his signs.

Do I also need the soapstone? Or whats the problem here?

I've got the team version, he doesn't. Is that the problem?

As others said, that is the problem, yes, but if you did have the same version (For future reference for you and anyone else who wants to jolly co-op with a friend), the cat in Majula sells something called the Name-Engraved Ring, which if you both put it on and set it to the same name, will make each others signs show up much faster/more often, if you have the ring slot to spare.

Also for the guy bitching about having 2 estus and next to no healing gems: Exhaust the merchant grandma's dialogue in her talk menu, then after you beat The Last Giant, she'll move to Majula near the bonfire and sell infinite lifegems.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Oh my goodness it's Dark Souls at 60 FPS and with bonfire warping at the start of the game. Game of the year all years. :swoon:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I'm not sure how poise works anymore. I got the Greatsword so I can pretend to be an anime, but the second hollow I hit didn't even flinch. What's the point of a giant sword if it's not going to knock guys down?

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

The game crashed before I could save this wonderful face.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Yerok posted:

My buddy just killed an invader with the help of a bluebro. 480,000 souls. What in the gently caress?

Edited save file, he was at max SL. Now your soul memory is hosed. Welcome to dks2!

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
This game seems a LOT harder than DS1 at the beginning, I am getting my rear end kicked everywhere I go. And by everywhere I mean the lighthouse since that's the only place you seem to be able to go unless there is a way to pull that lever at that other place with the stone statue blocking your way.

I think I will roll a sorcerer and double down on INT because I am poo poo in close combat. :(

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Professor Wayne posted:

I'm not sure how poise works anymore. I got the Greatsword so I can pretend to be an anime, but the second hollow I hit didn't even flinch. What's the point of a giant sword if it's not going to knock guys down?

Some enemies have different amount of poises. It sometimes takes more than one hit, you can tell how much poise damage a weapon does in its stat menu.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Archenteron posted:

Also for the guy bitching about having 2 estus and next to no healing gems: Exhaust the merchant grandma's dialogue in her talk menu, then after you beat The Last Giant, she'll move to Majula near the bonfire and sell infinite lifegems.

Is she the one at the bonfire in Forest of Giants?

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

No its a lovely system and I'm upset because they changed what I thought was a really good system that needed minor tweaking to be balanced.

I mean you can literally farm infinite crystals from the start of the game if you're patient enough. How is that nerfing healing?

You actually can't do this because enemies despawn after you've killed them 12 times. Just play the game, I never ran out out of healing gems and you'll get plenty of flasks in a couple hours.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Professor Wayne posted:

If you're having trouble breaking someone's poise, get the stone ring from Things Betwixt - it's before the bridge to the Old Ladies, hidden in some brush.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

keyframe posted:

This game seems a LOT harder than DS1 at the beginning, I am getting my rear end kicked everywhere I go. And by everywhere I mean the lighthouse since that's the only place you seem to be able to go unless there is a way to pull that lever at that other place with the stone statue blocking your way.

I think I will roll a sorcerer and double down on INT because I am poo poo in close combat. :(

There's another way you missed that's more of a beginner's area that's been covered a few times already. You went the more "advanced" way.

Go to the coast in Majula (near the bonfire area) facing the ocean and turn right. There's a door tucked away down there.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

keyframe posted:

You went to the graveyard of dks2.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

keyframe posted:

There are other places to go you know. Explore Majula more, you'll be surprised that there are other ways to go.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Ok the game will not recognize the PS4 controller I have plugged in.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

RBA Starblade posted:

Is she the one at the bonfire in Forest of Giants?

Yeah, she is.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

Ok the game will not recognize the PS4 controller I have plugged in.

Check the box that says to hide the controller, then restart the game. It should work.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

neetengie posted:

Check the box that says to hide the controller, then restart the game. It should work.

Uh what box and where?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Internet Kraken posted:

I only said that because you're the ones that acting like I'm mad about dieing when I'm not. I'm mad about this annoying health system making exploration difficult since I have to keep going back to the bonfire everytime I get knicked on the shoulder by a stray arrow. Because, up until now, I only had one estus because they had the shards in the place I missed.

Once you get to the second bonfire in the forest, go up the stairs and break down the door, you'll find a small white soapstone that allows you to briefly pop into someone's world, returning with full health, humanity, and estus. It's doing wonders for me.
Speaking of, is anyone having issues connecting? I get lots of "summoning failed, sign removed" errors.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

neetengie posted:

If you're having trouble breaking someone's poise, get the stone ring from Things Betwixt - it's before the bridge to the Old Ladies, hidden in some brush.

It's not in the brush, it's dropped by a monster.

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

Ok, I just beat the last giant and am now at this door that says "produce the symbol of the king". Am I supposed to do something with this or is it for later?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I was trying to fix this abomination of pc controls like people recommended to. I put Left and Right, Heavy and Light attacks onto 1,2,3 and 4, then I bound all the mouse buttons to those keyboard keys.
I can do all the attacks like usual and I can do Guards Breaks and Jump Attacks but only when I stand still.
If I walk forward and then tap forward + attack, i just do normal attack instead of a jump attack or a guard break.

Is there any way to fix this or will I have to wait for DS2Fix, since developers seem to be completely incompetent?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

FrickenMoron posted:

Ahh that is good to hear :unsmith:

I will explore more.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Baron O Beefdip posted:

Ok, I just beat the last giant and am now at this door that says "produce the symbol of the king". Am I supposed to do something with this or is it for later?

It seems like it's for later, like the orange doors in DS1 were. I'm not entirely sure what to do with the key I got off the giant; it opened a few doors on the way back, but it seems like there's more to the forest than I thought? I missed an entire mine apparently.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Baron O Beefdip posted:

Wrong door. Come back much much later.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

Once you get to the second bonfire in the forest, go up the stairs and break down the door, you'll find a small white soapstone that allows you to briefly pop into someone's world, returning with full health, humanity, and estus. It's doing wonders for me.
Speaking of, is anyone having issues connecting? I get lots of "summoning failed, sign removed" errors.
Yeah, this is a lifesaver.

If a ring breaks, is it gone forever like the ROFAP or is it just like DS1 gear? I don't want to use my Ring of Restoration all the time if I could actually lose the drat thing.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Baron O Beefdip posted:

Later. Much much later.

Ravenfood posted:

Yeah, this is a lifesaver.

If a ring breaks, is it gone forever like the ROFAP or is it just like DS1 gear? I don't want to use my Ring of Restoration all the time if I could actually lose the drat thing.

Rings can be repaired. Even rings of life/soul protection

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Do the movement and camera controls feel oddly... well, I suppose 'digital' to anyone else? I feel like my character and the camera move at one of two speeds in one of eight directions no matter how I use the controller (a Logitech F310, incidentally). I don't remember it feeling this way in DS1, though perhaps it's a side effect of the framerate?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Do the movement and camera controls feel oddly... well, I suppose 'digital' to anyone else? I feel like my character and the camera move at one of two speeds in one of eight directions no matter how I use the controller (a Logitech F310, incidentally). I don't remember it feeling this way in DS1, though perhaps it's a side effect of the framerate?

If you don't have rock solid 60 fps that might be it; I've noticed when I get drops in framerate the camera movement feels really stiff. Which is weird since I never felt that with ps3 version, despite the framerate varying fairly considerably between areas.

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007

Damo posted:

Um, why isn't my 360 controller working with this game? It's a corded controller plugged right into usb, works with every other game, and I checked its calibration in hardware settings and it's input is reading correctly.

It just doesn't work with DS2. What the gently caress?

You might be having the same issue I had.

FROM didn't fix the controller priority from DS1. I have a wireless 360 controller and I have to go into my device manager under Human Interface Devices and disable every USB device that I am not using because the game sees another "controller" and only looks for inputs from that one. I have an old Saitek keyboard and Dark Souls thinks it is a gaming pad for some reason.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
Is there any way to hide the mouse cursor? It keeps popping up when I open menus, I'm playing with a controller.

The game looks and plays so well on the PC, definitely worth double dipping on.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Dr Pepper posted:

Uh what box and where?
Windows doesn't support PS4 controllers, it's not the fault of the game. Use this.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

FrickenMoron posted:

but thats the correct path surely? Deprived really is deprived

just finished that boss fight in that area...oh man haven't dark souls in a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Kimmalah posted:

It's not in the brush, it's dropped by a monster.

I was just giving him directions - the footprints should have tipped him off.

Dr Pepper posted:

Uh what box and where?

I thought you were using Xinput, nevermind.