Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kaiser Schlacht posted:

I consider myself a morrowind veteran (if such a term even exists) but one thing I never known whether it works or not is if you can take a dungeon as your home?

By this I mean, in Morrowind compared to other Elder Scrolls, if you wanted a house you could simply kill the owner and just drop all your stuff in there. Heck, you probably didn't even need to kill them.

So my question is, if I kill every bandit in a cave or any type of dungeon, can I drop all my loot in there without having to worry about the dungeon resetting and my ancient artifacts disapearing?

You can drop it on the ground but don't put it in a chest as those contents respawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Hog Inspector posted:

Geez fortify skill would be the most broken power if it existed in a Morrowind without alchemy.

Maybe, but you're also forgetting what you can do with custom drain skill spells ("drain [XYZ] 100 points for 1 second"): train any skill to 100 for 100 gold (100x1) using any random trainer that may exist in your town (with your skill artificially reduced to 0, any trainer will be able to teach you 1 level, and will only charge 1 gold).

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Mortimer posted:

You can drop it on the ground but don't put it in a chest as those contents respawn.

I'm a Morrowind rookie, but I thought the chests don't respawn once you manipulate the contents. I.e., if you look but don't touch, the contents will respawn/randomize when you re-enter the dungeon. The remaining danger is the container's weight limit.

This is why my recall is usually set at the corpse in Tel Uvrith a.k.a. Dead Dosh Lady.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Derek Dominoe posted:

I'm a Morrowind rookie, but I thought the chests don't respawn once you manipulate the contents. I.e., if you look but don't touch, the contents will respawn/randomize when you re-enter the dungeon. The remaining danger is the container's weight limit.

This is why my recall is usually set at the corpse in Tel Uvrith a.k.a. Dead Dosh Lady.

I was confusing later titles with this one, turns out chests don't respawn ever unless they're guild chests. Putting things in peoples home chests and removing them will sometimes flag them as stolen.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
So I installed Tamriel Rebuilt last night, (and actually put in the 2 minutes of effort required to register the .bsa this time) and was promptly blown away. The team clearly cares a great deal about production value. The level of detail in Port Telvannis alone is better than anything in the main game, imo.

I do have one question, though. Can I become Archmagister of Mainland House Telvanni when playing Sacred East, or is that still under construction?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
While digging around in Morrowind.ini, I forgot how depressing the (d)evolution of the level up messages is:

morrowind.ini posted:

[Level Up]

Level 2 = You realize that all your life you have been coasting along as if you were in a dream. Suddenly, facing the trials of the last few days, you have come alive.

Level 3 = You realize that you are catching on to the secret of success. It's just a matter of concentration.

Level 4 = It's all suddenly obvious to you. You just have to concentrate. All the energy and time you've wasted -- it's a sin. But without the experience you've gained, taking risks, taking responsibility for failure, how could you have understood?

Level 5 = Everything you do is just a bit easier, more instinctive, more satisfying. It is as though you had suddenly developed keen senses and instincts.

Level 6 = You sense yourself more aware, more open to new ideas. You've learned a lot about Morrowind. It's hard to believe how ignorant you were -- but now you have so much more to learn.

Level 7 = You resolve to continue pushing yourself. Perhaps there's more to you than you thought.

Level 8 = The secret does seem to be hard work, yes, but it's also a kind of blind passion, an inspiration.

Level 9 = Everything you do is just a bit easier, more instinctive, more satisfying. It is as though you had suddenly developed keen senses and instincts.

Level 10 = You woke today with a new sense of purpose. You're no longer afraid of failure. Failure is just an opportunity to learn something new.

Level 11 = Being smart doesn't hurt. And a little luck now and then is nice. But the key is patience and hard work. And when it pays off, it's SWEET!

Level 12 = You can't believe how easy it is. You just have to go -- a little crazy. And then, suddenly, it all makes sense, and everything you do turns to gold.

Level 13 = It's the most amazing thing. Yesterday it was hard, and today it is easy. Just a good night's sleep, and yesterday's mysteries are today's masteries.

Level 14 = Today you wake up, full of energy and ideas, and you know, somehow, that overnight everything has changed. What a difference a day makes.

Level 15 = Today you suddenly realized the life you've been living, the punishment your body has taken -- there are limits to what the body can do, and perhaps you have reached them. You've wondered what it is like to grow old. Well, now you know.

Level 16 = You've been trying too hard, thinking too much. Relax. Trust your instincts. Just be yourself. Do the little things, and the big things take care of themselves.

Level 17 = Life isn't over. You can still get smarter, or cleverer, or more experienced, or meaner -- but your body and soul just aren't going to get any younger.

Level 18 = The challenge now is to stay at the peak as long as you can. You may be as strong today as any mortal who has ever walked the earth, but there's always someone younger, a new challenger.

Level 19 = You're really good. Maybe the best. And that's why it's so hard to get better. But you just keep trying, because that's the way you are.

Level 20 = You'll never be better than you are today. If you are lucky, by superhuman effort, you can avoid slipping backwards for a while. But sooner or later, you're going to lose a step, or drop a beat, or miss a detail -- and you'll be gone forever.

Default = The results of hard work and dedication always look like luck to saps. But you know you've earned every ounce of your success.

Can you stop Dagoth-Ur before gnawing existential crisis consumes you?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Mooktastical posted:

I do have one question, though. Can I become Archmagister of Mainland House Telvanni when playing Sacred East, or is that still under construction?

Nope, the mainland Telvanni questline is super unfinished.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

boho posted:

While digging around in Morrowind.ini, I forgot how depressing the (d)evolution of the level up messages is:

Did Kirkbride write those?

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

boho posted:

Those 3 months my character spent in Morrowind sure did age him.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Beyond sane knolls posted:

Did Kirkbride write those?

Not enough genderbend Daedric orgies and CHIM AE ALTADOON for that.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
How actively is Tamriel Rebuilt still being worked on? Is my dream of seeing it completed (realistically in a few years) just a fantasy?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

SaltyJesus posted:

How actively is Tamriel Rebuilt still being worked on? Is my dream of seeing it completed (realistically in a few years) just a fantasy?

It's gonna take more than "a few years" to complete, I imagine. If you happen to be one of the folks who are waiting for it to be finished before you play it, then you should just play it, there's an absurd amount of land and content in it already.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

The next release isn't expected until 2015 or 2016. They've always been pretty realistic about the project's timeframe, they've never given an estimate for when it's going to be "done".

If I remember correctly they finished all of the landmasses years ago and they've been working on filling them with vegetation/architecture/NPCs/quest stuff/etc since then.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Hog Inspector posted:

Geez fortify skill would be the most broken power if it existed in a Morrowind without alchemy. Things you can do with custom fortify skill spells:

• Raise literally anyone's disposition to 100 for free with 'fortify persuasion 200 for 2 seconds'
  • Get ridiculous deals with a mercantile version
  • Cast any spell in the game with 'fortify [spell skill] 100 for 5 seconds', or just cast a more powerful fortify skill spell for recursive buffing
  • Easily train up any weapon skill (or block) from 5 for free using 'fortify [weapon skill] 40 for 30 seconds' (weapon skills still level at the base rate)
  • Pickpocket anyone using chameleon and fortify sneak 200 for 3 seconds
  • Punch people into the ground with 'fortify hand-to-hand' for 10 seconds

The only limiting factor is you need pretty good restoration, around 50+. Restoration is pretty easy to train up though.

Isn't fortify skill not available until the end of Tribunal?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

sinking belle posted:

The next release isn't expected until 2015 or 2016. They've always been pretty realistic about the project's timeframe, they've never given an estimate for when it's going to be "done".

If I remember correctly they finished all of the landmasses years ago and they've been working on filling them with vegetation/architecture/NPCs/quest stuff/etc since then.

uh? I think the next release is slated for late 2014. Almalexia exteriors/interiors are/have been finished, its just down to writing NPCs and populating the city. Which arguably takes the longest, but still.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Skwirl posted:

I'm not sure of the best place to find it, but I know there is at least one merchant with that effect in the Nord village in Solstheim.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I can't find anything on their site (and I wasn't aware they had a new one, neat) but I swear I remember reading that Almalexia wasn't expected to be done for a couple more years. Could be wrong.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gobblecoque posted:

I'm not sure of the best place to find it, but I know there is at least one merchant with that effect in the Nord village in Solstheim.

Okay, that's still supposed to be late game material though. I kinda want to make a beeline for it next time I play, not for anything particularly abusive, just an amulet that duplicates the jump scrolls.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Okay, that's still supposed to be late game material though. I kinda want to make a beeline for it next time I play, not for anything particularly abusive, just an amulet that duplicates the jump scrolls.

If you want to do hardcore jumping then you should use the 'jump' spell effect, as it's way more cost effective for distance and is way easier to find. Just cast slowfall before you fall and you'll be fine.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Skwirl posted:

You can buy it as soon as you get to Mournhold, there's a guy in the imperial chapels who sells a fortify skill spell.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

boho posted:

I've never actually played Morrowind much past the Balmora region

play it vanilla and please for the love of god make an effort to understand the game's mechanics before installing mods to "fix" things so you don't have to learn how to play an rpg

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

bonzibuddy64 posted:

play it vanilla and please for the love of god make an effort to understand the game's mechanics before installing mods to "fix" things so you don't have to learn how to play an rpg

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

bonzibuddy64 posted:

What's there to learn about Morrowind? Just keep clicking, you'll hit it eventually? Turn on capslock and bunnyhop everywhere, it'll make you run faster someday?

Or are you talking about the little tricks and exploits experienced players take for granted that conveniently fix the exact problems they refuse to acknowledge that plague the game?

Mooktastical posted:

Get a resist magicka apell, create a resist magicka 100 for 1sec spell, and then cast it and equip the boots of blinding speed. This is now the first thing you do on any character. Welcome back.

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Get your hands on all the netch leather, bloat, and ash yams you can for fortify int potions. Fortify your int and make super potions with whatever effects you're in the mood for.

Please, tell me more about learning how to play an RPG, when by "RPG" you appear to mean "Morrowind," because I can think of plenty of RPGs that came before and after Morrowind that weren't trainwrecks of awful gameplay design decisions. Also please tell me what traumatic event made you become emotionally invested in The Elder Scrolls Video Game Series to the point that you spend time making Morrowind mods explicitly to mock the future titles? Who hurt you, bonzibuddy? Will you show us on the doll where Pete Hines touched you?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

boho posted:

What's there to learn about Morrowind? Just keep clicking, you'll hit it eventually? Turn on capslock and bunnyhop everywhere, it'll make you run faster someday?

Or are you talking about the little tricks and exploits experienced players take for granted that conveniently fix the exact problems they refuse to acknowledge that plague the game?

Please, tell me more about learning how to play an RPG, when by "RPG" you appear to mean "Morrowind," because I can think of plenty of RPGs that came before and after Morrowind that weren't trainwrecks of awful gameplay design decisions. Also please tell me what traumatic event made you become emotionally invested in The Elder Scrolls Video Game Series to the point that you spend time making Morrowind mods explicitly to mock the future titles? Who hurt you, bonzibuddy? Will you show us on the doll where Pete Hines touched you?

Go play gothic 2, another wrpg from the same year as morrowind. You'll distend your anus if morrowind makes you this mad.

Stop complaining morrowind "requires" mods to be made playable by kids born after 9/11 because they're too used to click button -> something awesome happens. Just because there's a mechanic that doesn't fit your ideal vision of an rpg doesn't mean you have to flail at the screen and mash alt f4 to make the bad dunmer go away.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Gobblecoque posted:

If you want to do hardcore jumping then you should use the 'jump' spell effect, as it's way more cost effective for distance and is way easier to find. Just cast slowfall before you fall and you'll be fine.

Or a constant-effect 1pt slow fall. Prevents all fall damage.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

boho posted:

Boy you sure are mad about Morrowind.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

boho posted:

agility is the attribute that governs your ability to successfully hit an enemy or not

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Mortimer posted:

Go play gothic 2, another wrpg from the same year as morrowind. You'll distend your anus if morrowind makes you this mad.
I played and completed Gothic 2, granted I waited til the expansion (Night of the Raven) which polished some of the rough edges. It's an awesome game. Wouldn't want to play it today without a total UI/controls overhaul though.

I wouldn't go so far as to say mods are required for everyone, but they sure are for me. After 10 years of QOL improvements in game design, vanilla Morrowind feels like it's actively player-hostile. It did not age well at all. The mods have been a big help there.

I'll admit I did paint myself into a corner with Wakim's factions mod since I managed to perfectly build my character to be ineligible for smooth advancement in any of the available guilds. I was in a good groove with the Mage's Guild quests, but when it came time to branch out beyond Balmora I found I couldn't since I wasn't allowed to be promoted (2 points shy of the INT requirement). So that came to an abrupt halt. Fighter's Guild is similarly stalled since Spear, my primary weapon choice, isn't actually a Fighters Guild favored skill. Oops. Fun fact: Getting Long Blade from 10 - 20 as a miscellaneous skill is sheer hell. I'm a couple points off of Personality for the Imperial Cult, but I can go ahead with the Temple's pilgrimage quest at least -- by the end I should have some fancy armor and hopefully the experience needed to continue the other guilds' stuff.

As for the main quest, I don't really care (it never held my attention even back at release) and general wandering doesn't hold much interest for me either (since travel is still a pain in the rear end). Guilds it is for now!

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Some updates about Tamriel Rebuilt on their tumblr:

Anonymous posted:

Are there any plans for something similar to a main quest in mainland Morrowind?

Tamriel Rebuilt posted:

Not so much as a main quest, as TR is starting to move away from treating Mainland and Vvardenfell as seperate entities, treating the province of Morrowind as a single gameworld. We will probably in fact be taking an opposite direction, removing the distinction between “Mainland” and “vanilla” questlines, at least in terms of factions. (This was an important decision that was made to increase immersion and give Morrowind’s factions unified storylines, versus the very game-y seperation of our old policy of not touching vanilla Morrowind and introducing seperate factions for Mainland quests). Implementing this in game and dealing with the existing quests won’t happen for awhile though.

As for how, and whether this will also involve expanding the Main Quest of Morrowind to include the Mainland remains to be decided. We’ve recently gone back to the drawing board when it comes to story things, so there’s alot we have to figure out on that front before tackling something like that in-game. Not to mention the potential controversies that making such choices might cause. It’s not something we take lightly, but we’ve recently realized there’s alot of potential to come up with cool new lore for Morrowind, outside simply expanding game content in the CS.

So if you’re interested in Morrowind/TES lore, and seek to expand it in a way that is faithful to the mythos of Tamriel, you’re definitely welcome to contribute! You don’t necessarily need to know how to use the CS to contribute. :)

TLDR: No for a seperate Mainquest. Also no expanding the MQ to the Mainland for the forseeable future, though that may change. The majority of our questmaking is currently being focused on miscellaneous quests instead.

trainwiz posted:

What about say, questlines for factions and similar? I know the Imperial Archaeological Society has some stories to tell, same with the Telvanni.

Tamriel Rebuilt posted:

As mentioned in the last ask, the current long-term plan is that there will only be one “House Telvanni” and one “House Redoran”, and so on. Right now all our factions are completely seperated from their vanilla counterparts. Our goal is to eventually have a single questline for each faction in Morrowind. Right now that is not the case. Our old doctrine of not touching vanilla Morrowind forced us to create an artificial seperation between House Telvanni and Mainland House Telvanni. We realized from a storytelling perspective that this is problematic.

And yes, this basically means we will need to eventually make measured edits to Vvardenfell’s quests in order to achieve that goal. But the payoff will be a more immersive, unified storyline, hopefully also addressing some of the shortfalls in the vanilla faction questlines. (Alot of them felt unfinished anyways and some of them lacked a central plot due to the lack of resources Beth had at the time at least in a few people’s opinions).

As for the scope of these measured edits, we probably won’t be redoing Morrowind’s main storylines. Examples of stuff we might change (using Telvanni as an example) would be things like demoting Gothren from Archmagister and giving it to Dral on the Mainland, or moving the council from Sadrith Mora to Port Telvannis. We’ll definitely need to tweak faction ranks and advancement to accomodate for the extra quests and expanded storyline that includes points on the ML. We’ll also probably make these house questlines more meaningful/interesting in the context of Morrowind’s central plot.

Questlines such as the IAS are also getting the same treatment, but some of our minor factions might be based in a specific region of the province. However, we lack writers and questers, so for the msot part we’re focusing on minor guild quests and miscellaneous quests since they’re the ones that require the least planning in terms of developing background/lore.

In time, we hope there are mainland quests that send you to Vvardenfell and vice-versa, treating Morrowind is a single gameworld. Our eventual goal is to shift away from being a mod that adds the Mainland, to a TES3 TC, presenting a version of the game if Bethesda had released it with the entire province from the start.

This is a super long-term plan though, and I don’t expect any major changes will be happening in game anytime soon, and certainly not before we’ve come up with a plan to do this properly. And also, we won’t be redoing the game’s story from the ground up, so no worries there either. :)

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Honestly don't agree with any of those changes. I think the current system works well, I don't see why it needs to be changed. TR should leave vanilla nearly completely untouched and mainland should be its own sort of thing. Otherwise they introduce heaps of compatibility issues. I also think Telvanni having multiple Archmagisters suits it, that the Vvardenfell Telvanni have sort of gone rogue even from the main branch and with the quarantine and such it's too inconvenient for the mainland to put Gothren back in his place.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah, I'll worry about that when the mainland is finished and has all its quest chains complete, in... uh... 2027.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Sky Shadowing posted:

Honestly don't agree with any of those changes. I think the current system works well, I don't see why it needs to be changed. TR should leave vanilla nearly completely untouched and mainland should be its own sort of thing. Otherwise they introduce heaps of compatibility issues. I also think Telvanni having multiple Archmagisters suits it, that the Vvardenfell Telvanni have sort of gone rogue even from the main branch and with the quarantine and such it's too inconvenient for the mainland to put Gothren back in his place.

Compatibility issues with what other than the tiny handful of mods that edit the houses? RoHT and LGNPC redoran are the only ones I know of, and both of them aren't what I would deem essential. You can't go into making the biggest TES mod ever wanting to play nice with the previous decade of work, you have to make some sacrifices. Nothing in lore dictates the mainland and vvardenfell houses are different, so in TR they eventually won't be.

A good example of this mindset is in almalexia; it used to have an invisible barrier above mournhold to prevent players from levitating above and dropping into the skyboxed (distant land) city. Because that wasn't in the lore and was kind of a hack-y solution it was taken out (pretty much the majority of players who would do it know exactly what they're doing, anyway). Because mainland and vvardenfell separate houses aren't in the lore and are hack-y solutions, they'll be taken out.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I'm also not a fan of that new direction. One of the worst things that a mod can do is to go beyond its established scope. On the other hand, TR will probably never actually to a sufficiently finished status that they will be able to merge their stuff with the regular game.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
So in my retarded adventures to prove why a little knowledge is dangerous, I added a box to Tel Uvirith, and now everyone tells me to gently caress off when I talk to them. (Uvirith's Legacy installed)

Ok, no harm, no foul, I'll just copy/paste the original esp back into the data folder.....Nope? Everyone in Tel Uvirith is still telling me to go gently caress myself, and I don't know how to reset whatever variable I trampled over when I was having my selfish console shenanigans.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Mooktastical posted:

So in my retarded adventures to prove why a little knowledge is dangerous, I added a box to Tel Uvirith, and now everyone tells me to gently caress off when I talk to them. (Uvirith's Legacy installed)

Ok, no harm, no foul, I'll just copy/paste the original esp back into the data folder.....Nope? Everyone in Tel Uvirith is still telling me to go gently caress myself, and I don't know how to reset whatever variable I trampled over when I was having my selfish console shenanigans.

I think having everyone tell you to go gently caress yourself is the Morrowind experience.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Gobblecoque posted:

I think having everyone tell you to go gently caress yourself is the Morrowind experience.

While this is true, I feel like there are always ways, ridiculously obscure ways maybe, where the assholes in question decide it's in their best interest to eventually stop telling you to go gently caress yourself.

In that vein, apparently whatever variable got set to 1 when I did the stupid thing was saved somewhere other than the Uvirith's Legacy ESP, because overwriting the whole drat folder wholesale seemed to fix it.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Mooktastical posted:

While this is true, I feel like there are always ways, ridiculously obscure ways maybe, where the assholes in question decide it's in their best interest to eventually stop telling you to go gently caress yourself.

In that vein, apparently whatever variable got set to 1 when I did the stupid thing was saved somewhere other than the Uvirith's Legacy ESP, because overwriting the whole drat folder wholesale seemed to fix it.

I wish all my bug reports were as funny as this one.

The only reason the Tel Uvirith NPCs should be telling you to go gently caress yourself is if you're flagged as another Great House. If you saved a game after whatever mod made you another Great House member, that info will be persistent in your save because it's part of the original game, not mod data. I can't remember the console command at the moment, but you can set Redoran or Hlaalu back to 0 again. (I should probably also look into re-ordering the greetings so people can use Uvirith's Legacy with play as all Great Houses mods).

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Stuporstar posted:

I wish all my bug reports were as funny as this one.

The only reason the Tel Uvirith NPCs should be telling you to go gently caress yourself is if you're flagged as another Great House. If you saved a game after whatever mod made you another Great House member, that info will be persistent in your save because it's part of the original game, not mod data. I can't remember the console command at the moment, but you can set Redoran or Hlaalu back to 0 again. (I should probably also look into re-ordering the greetings so people can use Uvirith's Legacy with play as all Great Houses mods).

I haven't messed with any Great House other than Telvanni. Todd the Nord Fetcher wouldn't be caught dead associating with those N'wahs.

Literally the only thing that I did that could've caused the problem was modifying the UL esp to put an extra container in the vault. I think doing this caused UL.esp to go after the compatibility patches, which conceivably could've caused what you're talking about, I think. Does mainland House Telvanni count as another Great House?

Btw Stuporstar, you guys did a wonderful job with that house.

Mooktastical fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Apr 29, 2014

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Mooktastical posted:

I haven't messed with any Great House other than Telvanni. Todd the Nord Fetcher wouldn't be caught dead associating with those N'wahs.

Literally the only thing that I did that could've caused the problem was modifying the UL esp to put an extra container in the vault. I think doing this caused UL.esp to go after the compatibility patches, which conceivably could've caused what you're talking about, I think. Does mainland House Telvanni count as another Great House?

Btw Stuporstar, you guys did a wonderful job with that house.

Thanks, man. Hmm, the mainland Telvanni is another Great House, but the dialogue is not set to check against that. Now that I think back to what I did, the "gently caress off, you're not Telvanni" dialogue is only set to trigger if you're not regular Telvanni, so if you never joined or got kicked out. Is it possible you got expelled by getting caught stealing or something and didn't notice? I'd check that before tearing apart your mod set-up.

You could also check your load order, but if you're running the latest mlox file, it should automatically set UL 3.2 back to the original date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Something tells me the error is the classic "You looked at the dialogue screen funny and didn't use TESame to remove your dirty edits"

If you're going to make a small change to a mod as large as Uvirith have it as a dependency and make your own esp. That way you can very quickly see what you're changing when you open it up in TESame.