Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

If you somehow managed to max out Invisible Woman she could actually be really good, unlike X-Force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Mons Hubris posted:

If you somehow managed to max out Invisible Woman she could actually be really good, unlike X-Force.

I remember one of the PVE events having her paired with Spiderman and she was an incredible pain to deal with. Force Bubbles are actually really annoying when levelled up and there's a few scattered around.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I love how the Doom PvP event and the final 2 sub-events of The Hunt all end at the same time. :shepface:

JBones
Aug 21, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

Laffo all that effort and Pizza Dog is at #190, up from #201. :allears:

I'm beginning to doubt your commitment to this match 3 game.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Largepotato posted:

I love how the Doom PvP event and the final 2 sub-events of The Hunt all end at the same time. :shepface:

I noticed that, guess I better charge my phone up! As long as I hit 90000 points in The Hunt I'll be happy.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I want to know what Doom's Technopathic Strike actually is. I just picture someone shouting "Quick Doctor Doom, lash out with your sinister inventions!" and then he does that awkward pose and I don't know, maybe a big squeaky hammer comes out and hits the enemy in the head or something.

e: no, got a better idea. a rude demon appears and flips off the enemy team while twirling his moustache and then he ties one of them to railroad tracks.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 27, 2014

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Sold off IM40 and Hawkeye Classic for Invisible Woman and 2star Magneto.

I figure Magneto will build up pretty darn fast. I'm at a level where I should probably care more about 2 star guys. IW is so rare I want her around as I get her, especially because she's good.

IM40 seems trashy. Maybe the worst of the 3 star characters. Hawkeye Classic is maybe my favorite of the 1 star heroes, but he doesn't synergize particularly well with other 1 star guys, and I only ever bring out 1 star guys if there's a tournament for them or if I want to cause Modern Storm Shenanigans. I think between the Dr. Doom event and the Hunt I'll have enough to open up another slot. Probably stuff Lazy Thor in there since it looks like Falcon (who I think will be very handy to have around) is out of the question.

If I do well in the Doom Tournament, I think I can actually swing 3 Magneto Covers which would be very useful, especially because his Blue ability is fantastic. Tempted to experiment with Magneto Classic, Grey Widow, and Hulk. I will have all the crit tiles.

EDIT
This is how the game gets you. With just a little bit of incremental progress every day. Until you're wasting an actual percentage of your life.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

FUUUCK how am I supposed to do 3 events with the same deadline aaargh

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
You mean the three events that each have a sixty hour play time window? :raise:
Eat more fibre man! :george:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I think you must be confused. That last one only opened up with 12 hours to go and with the others closing in close sequence to each other it's a rush to do anything.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

My point is you get a huge window of time to at least make some kind of progress.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Just to say again there's space in Hired Goons if anyone's willing to spend the HP to expand for the next person (1100 HP right now). We have 10/10 people playing daily but it's totally relaxed and we're getting 50hp prizes from most alliance events.

Puweyxil
Oct 19, 2001
I like to eat cheese.
Dinosaur Gum

SynthOrange posted:

FUUUCK how am I supposed to do 3 events with the same deadline aaargh

Not to mention that 4th one that just finished a few hours ago.

My plan was to get up to 800 points in the Doom tournament now, and put on an 8 hour shield, then tackle the PVE events starting at T-Minus 2 hours.

I am presently 20th in my The Hunt bracket, I was bouncing between 5th and 30th for the duration of the event, so I am pretty sure with a moderate amount of grinding tonight, I'll see two Hawk covers.

Something weird happened with the last two SHIELD Season 1 events; Usually I hit the whales pretty quickly, but in the Grey Widow and Doom events, I was matched up against teams of 1 and 2 star characters all the way up to 700-750pts. I do use the Bag-Man Maneuver in the lightning rounds, but I probably only played 3-4 of those in total this week.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Those GoonStyle slots are still open.

Mister Macys posted:

My point is you get a huge window of time to at least make some kind of progress.

You can make some progress but if you want to place high in the PVE, you pretty much have to grind it out at the end.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
So, apparently there's absolutely no cap at all on NPC fights now, as I'm regularly facing 320+ Daken/Bullseye/Whatever teams in The Hunt.
The only way to win this crap is turn 1 lockdowns with spiderman.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah, no poo poo. gently caress PvE. :argh:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

ChibiSoma posted:

...On the other it's Invisible Woman with her Blue attack.

Arguably IW's blue cover is the most useful of the 4* covers currently available (sans Nick Fury of course).

Veryslightlymad posted:

IM40 seems trashy. Maybe the worst of the 3 star characters.

IM40 is an AP battery. I use him to charge up Thor or Wolverine's red abilities. IM40 is useful late game with his red or blue blast when your main damage dealer has been taken out.

Got my 5/5/1 IM40 up to lv 117 (max) today. :toot:

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 28, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Level 295 Pyros. :stare:

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I just took down two Snipers and a Pyro that were level 294. Thor/OBW/MStorm. I used some stockpiles for red AP. The enemies had over 11k health. Insane.

I was very lucky I suppose, and spent much of the fight worrying about efficiency and trying not to generate AP for colors I was full on. :getin:

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
That's the Bullseye I fight in Savage Land, right? I'm doing a little trick since Cap's shield is kind of weaksauce: it works kind of like Magneto NOW's purple and GBW's purple, so I just waste them to do five tile matches.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I just saw a level 394 team. gently caress you d3Publisher.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Yay for rubber banding. Went up over 10k points and 50 places in the last hour, getting into the top 100.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
This is a nice addition.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh neat, you can see your rank in a PVP event as soon as it ends now. No more waiting hours wondering if I got crabbed or not!

Incidentally, the flood of messages from Shield Simulator is getting kinda annoying for me. Maybe I shouldn't have pushed up to 1000 points...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Heh, you only get the yellow passive falcon as your buddy for the next match.

Jimmy Little Balls
Aug 23, 2009

Call Me Charlie posted:

Those GoonStyle slots are still open.

You can make some progress but if you want to place high in the PVE, you pretty much have to grind it out at the end.

I grabbed a spot (JimJumper), will open a slot when I get a few more HP, I'm pretty active too.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

SynthOrange posted:

Heh, you only get the yellow passive falcon as your buddy for the next match.

The "Inspiration" animation is possibly the most silly they've made yet. And like all one cover heroes, he is utterly useless.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Goddammit, I got crabbed down from 20 to 55 in Dr. Doom, and I really could have used that Magneto. That'll teach me to DVR Game of Thrones I guess.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I went in to Doom with a max level Doom, Black Widow Grey and Spidey. Oddly enough I didnt get attacked except by a single guy right at the start. :iiam:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Auritech posted:

The "Inspiration" animation is possibly the most silly they've made yet. And like all one cover heroes, he is utterly useless.
Nah, the yellow boost stacks, which makes it at least somewhat helpful. Now, his blue skill, that seems all but worthless at one cover.

Hay guys, guess who just won a blue Falcon cover from The Hunt? :smith:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Bob Socko posted:

Nah, the yellow boost stacks, which makes it at least somewhat helpful. Now, his blue skill, that seems all but worthless at one cover.

Yeah, pair him with a team that can dump a ton of tiles and that 10% quickly stacks up if you get a yellow heavy board.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I earn two hunt tokens. What do I get? X force green and red... :wtc:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Got 2 hunt & 6 standard tokens. Cashed them in for 6 1* & 2 2*. :smith:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Heroic gives me a Human Torch, PvE Tokens give me useless junk. That's 2 Event Heroes from basic Heroics from Alliance Rewards from PvE now and 0 from the PvE Tokens.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I guess if I wanted to test out Falcon, I should have brought someone who can actually make strike tiles.

DrowningHarvey
Mar 24, 2013
I just saw a level 116 Falcon in the event. :stonk:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

DrowningHarvey posted:

I just saw a level 116 Falcon in the event. :stonk:
Was it Battle_Angel? If so, don't worry, that's a bot used to help seed brackets before more players join.

DrowningHarvey
Mar 24, 2013

Bob Socko posted:

Was it Battle_Angel? If so, don't worry, that's a bot used to help seed brackets before more players join.

Well that would certainly make sense. I didn't bother to check the name as I was too drat busy mauling the skip button. Then again some people in the D3 forums have already fully mastercarded the Falcon to see the abilities, so go figure (NoMistake from alliance Retribution has a 5/4/4 lvl 141 Falcon in his roster, go and check it out).

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

NoMistake posted:

The main reason why I boost up Falcon was to let everyone know my legitamacy in this game. No hack, no cheat, no bots... All my heroes dual wield guns called Visa & Mastercard.
Legitimacy, huh? Not sure if that's the word he let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

SynthOrange posted:

I guess if I wanted to test out Falcon, I should have brought someone who can actually make strike tiles.
I've been rolling a max Daken and a ~95 Hulk and it's pretty funny. My strike tiles got really out of control in a couple matches. The downside is no healing and you are likely to get erased by a Thor if you don't get a good start.