Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
We barely missed the cut at 103 in Dr's Orders so for those of you in AgentsofGOON who were just so darn tired after playing two whole rounds in Dr Doom... THE SHAMING

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
G.O.O.N. is starting to disappoint as well.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Is there any definitive information about how defense works? Right now I just save a relatively easy fight and put in a tanky rear end team to get my last win before putting the game down for the night or whatever. Is this even necessary?

Also if I use different teams in different events do they get set as the defense team for everything?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It uses the last team you won with in that particular event.

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011

Snazzy Frocks posted:

We barely missed the cut at 103 in Dr's Orders so for those of you in AgentsofGOON who were just so darn tired after playing two whole rounds in Dr Doom... THE SHAMING

In my defence, I only had time to do the PVE missions for those two days. Got 7 heroic/assault team rewards with only dupes of 2* heroes :(

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Yeah, unless you spent all day playing yesterday you had to choose between doing well in the PVE or the PVP.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Kaizer88 posted:

In my defence, I only had time to do the PVE missions for those two days. Got 7 heroic/assault team rewards with only dupes of 2* heroes :(

Was it worth costing 18 other people who did put in some effort (and yourself) a guaranteed 3*?

Sefer posted:

Yeah, unless you spent all day playing yesterday you had to choose between doing well in the PVE or the PVP.

Literally 30 minutes of effort on part of either of the two main offenders would have gotten us a top 100 placement. 30 minutes out of 2 days and 12 hours.

JimmyT64
Oct 27, 2007
I'm Special!
Hey, I totally had over 300 points when I went to bed. Then I was asleep for the last, like, 3 hours of the tournament.

TIMEZONES!

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Was it worth costing 18 other people who did put in some effort (and yourself) a guaranteed 3*?

Literally 30 minutes of effort on part of either of the two main offenders would have gotten us a top 100 placement. 30 minutes out of 2 days and 12 hours.

haha jesus christ dude why dont you just start a new alliance and micromanage it on the d3 forums you would probably be much happier.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Even with more covers, Falcon would still be poo poo.

In an effort to not have Falcon be completely worthless I'll be using Daken/LazyCap.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

gromdul posted:

In an effort to not have Falcon be completely worthless I'll be using Daken/LazyCap.

Punisher and Spidey are my main 2, so I'd love to have Falcon up high. He has passives with the colors Spidey has active and an active that's the same color as Spidey's passive, so they can boost each other while saving up for their actives, and Punisher has tiles for Falcon to boost.

Alas, I just have one color from the tournament so it'll be a long time before Falcon's doing much for me.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Bob Socko posted:

Was it Battle_Angel? If so, don't worry, that's a bot used to help seed brackets before more players join.

I... I lost to Battle_Angel once. :saddowns:

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Well, being just a regular mook rather a commander in our alliance I'm risking you just booting me again for saying this but you should really stop being such a major shitlord and demanding people play a F2P game your way / more to boost your enjoyment of it. Sure it'd be nice if people were able to play more but I'm not gonna get all over someone's rear end because on a few days or even an extended period they can't play a huge amount.

If a F2P match-3 game ever gets to the point where someone riding my rear end makes it feel like a job rather than a game, I'll be out and move onto something with more fun - and you'll be down someone who usually pulls more than the average just for having a poo poo attitude. It doesn't encourage anything, it's just loving lame.

Incidentally, if anyone in Agents of GOON feels like whacking me up to commander so I don't feel like I'm being hounded to perform all the time btw, feel free. Would be nice to know that I don't have to check the thread / forum every two hours to make sure I'm not in danger of being booted out because *someone* thinks they can do better with the latest flavour of hired help. I've been top 5 in the last PVP and top 10 in the one before that for season 1, and top 50 in every hunt event, so it's not like I'm slacking or anything.

Edit: ooo drama in my f2p phone game. :psyduck:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Watching Snazzy Frocks throw temper tantrums is more fun than the game itself. Godspeed :effort: goons, you're doing the lord's work.

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Totally worth it for this reaction

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

matryx posted:

I'm risking you just booting me again...
Edit: ooo drama in my f2p phone game. :psyduck:

Nah I wouldn't boot you for having an opinion but I personally am not going to commander anyone who didn't pay into the alliance slots. If anyone else does that's their choice. Why would I boot you when you're performing as well as you are?

BGrifter posted:

Watching Snazzy Frocks throw temper tantrums is more fun than the game itself. Godspeed :effort: goons, you're doing the lord's work.

:patriot:

Kaizer88 posted:

Totally worth it for this reaction

Well just don't spite the rest of the alliance to get my goat in the future OK?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

gromdul posted:

Falcon looks interesting with more covers. At 4 blue his falcon eats countdown tiles which would be handy for PvE mookfights.

Does anyone know what happens if his falcon countdown tile is popped? Does it come back immediately or stay away for the rest of the game?

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved

Bruceski posted:

Does anyone know what happens if his falcon countdown tile is popped? Does it come back immediately or stay away for the rest of the game?

My interpretation is that the countdown tile doesn't actually do anything, it just shows you how long until the bird comes back. If the countdown tile goes away for whatever reason the bird still comes back at the same time.

I have no idea if this is true or not, though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The blue description is kind of baffling in what it actually does. Is it 'the ability triggers whenever you have at least 8 blue AND the countdown isnt active'?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Do you get to choose the tile that blue Falcon replaces?

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

Bruceski posted:

Falcon looks interesting with more covers. At 4 blue his falcon eats countdown tiles which would be handy for PvE mookfights.

I popped a few today during matches and it immediately refreshed the ability so Falcon could use it on his next turn.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's still a blue power though. HANDS OFF THE BLUES. Those are for Spidey.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

It's still a blue power though. HANDS OFF THE BLUES. Those are for Spidey.

It doesn't eat the blues. It's free, it just needs 8+ AP to trigger.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I think we need an alliance called Visa and Mastercard so people know we are serious about this game.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

gromdul posted:

I think we need an alliance called Visa and Mastercard so people know we are serious about this game.

Bitcoins of SHIELD

JBones
Aug 21, 2002

Helical Nightmares posted:

Do you get to choose the tile that blue Falcon replaces?

No. Let me test some - I actually bought 2 10 packs (omg visa MasterCard) and ended up with 1/5/5. Will test and report back.

e: Holy poo poo drama. I was going to bitch at pizza dog for underperforming but I didn't want to be "that guy." Thanks, that guy, for preempting me sounding like a marvel iPhone game nazi.

JBones fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 29, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Upcoming patch notes indicate that 40 card packs (with even higher drop rates?) are in the works for the next release. :v:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

JBones posted:

No. Let me test some - I actually bought 2 10 packs (omg visa MasterCard) and ended up with 1/5/5. Will test and report back.
You got 8+ falcon covers with only two 10 packs? That seems extremely unlikely when you look at the drop rates.

JBones
Aug 21, 2002

Syrinxx posted:

You got 8+ falcon covers with only two 10 packs? That seems extremely unlikely when you look at the drop rates.

22% x 20 worked out I guess. I was miffed I only got 1 yellow.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

JBones posted:

22% x 20 worked out I guess. I was miffed I only got 1 yellow.

Admit it, you're Battle_Angel!

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

JBones posted:

e: Holy poo poo drama. I was going to bitch at pizza dog for underperforming but I didn't want to be "that guy." Thanks, that guy, for preempting me sounding like a marvel iPhone game nazi.

I don't think any of us other than that guy want to be that guy, but I think we can agree the Poops McGee needs to leave the alliance if he's not playing the game anymore.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

There's a difference between not playing and not playing "enough". As goons, it is our job to make fun of poopsockers, not become them.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Plus its a mobile game. Socks are for barbarians. We have poop thrones.

JBones
Aug 21, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

Plus its a mobile game. Socks are for barbarians. We have poop thrones.

Yeah -- oddly enough this is a game that has great synergy with pooping.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Does Marvel have any super powered poop throwing monkeys? There's a new character they could use. And if there's any whales in Marvel, one of them too.

On a less silly note, would some sort of shapeshifter character that was disguised in the attacking menu thing work? Like you could do something sneaky and have a team that wins a bunch of defensive fights because the opponent was expecting a different character. Or poo poo, give some kind of Illusion power to Loki that lets you disguise the team.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

McDragon posted:

There's a new character they could use. And if there's any whales in Marvel, one of them too.

http://marvel.com/universe/Toad-Whales

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

McDragon posted:

Does Marvel have any super powered poop throwing monkeys? There's a new character they could use. And if there's any whales in Marvel, one of them too.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

McDragon posted:

On a less silly note, would some sort of shapeshifter character that was disguised in the attacking menu thing work? Like you could do something sneaky and have a team that wins a bunch of defensive fights because the opponent was expecting a different character. Or poo poo, give some kind of Illusion power to Loki that lets you disguise the team.

Or worse, an ability that disguises the level of your characters. Think you're going up against a tesm of level 60's or so, until...
1 cover shows your team's levels at 5% less, 5 covers by half. Jesus, I just scared myself. :gonk:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Mystique. One ability mimics the highest-ISO ability of the other highest-ISO character on your team, second ability mimics a random ability of either other character, third ability is a blue heal that only helps her.

Alternate ability - matches the highest-ISO ability of one of your opponents, or a random ability of an opponent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Man I just started this game a few days ago and I was going to ask if I could join an alliance but I don't want to like get berated.