Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

I beat Dragonriders and Looking Glass Knight in Drangleic Castle but I can still see summon signs outside Dragonriders' arena. What gives?

Not the little shade ones, the full signs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Given how quickly I scythed through the huntsman Copse I as beginning to think that I had become OP for the game, until I hit the harvest valley and suddenly GIANT ONE HIT KILL OGRES EVERYWHERE HOLY poo poo AM I EVEN SUPPOSED TO FIGHT THESE FUCKS?!

Public service announcement: ALWAYS HAVE A BOW AND A STACK OF WOODEN ARROWS (or crossbow and cheap bolts). If you don't have the stats to use one, go fix that right the gently caress now. Pulling/sniping enemies with a ranged weapon will save you from getting killed in an ambush/knocked off a tiny platform/killed in humiliating ways a hundred times over.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

poo poo, nobody told me Dex weapons were useless. Guess this Blacksteel Katana with pure dex scaling that has an amazing moveset for PvP and fantastic damage is garbage. Seriously, I just use it 2h (with a pyromancy hand in the offhand to buff it) and it wrecks everything. Most enemies I can kill in a single combo, the damage is great.

Blood Brotherhood duels finally seem to be possible, though I don't know if that's my SL reaching a certain point or more people finally reaching this area.

E: Also my favourite thing about PvP is when some dork tries to use a shield. It's so satisfying just hitting him until he staggers and getting a free critical hit.

Darox fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Apr 29, 2014

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

Was he any good?

He died almost instantly.

So yeah, great.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Darox posted:

poo poo, nobody told me Dex weapons were useless. Guess this Blacksteel Katana with pure dex scaling that has an amazing moveset for PvP and fantastic damage is garbage. Seriously, I just use it 2h (with a pyromancy hand in the offhand to buff it) and it wrecks everything. Most enemies I can kill in a single combo, the damage is great.

Get a second one, power stance that poo poo. Double your damage per attack. :getin:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

YO I'M STARTING A NEW CHARACTER.

WHAT WEAPON SHOULD I USE (Nothing that involves me going to Drangleic or beyond. That poo poo is too far)

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
So cracked blue eye orbs have started working for me. Guess it just took a while for people to get 10+ sin with red eyes being rare in the game to begin with.

What's interesting about them is it doesn't seem to matter what area you use them in unlike red eye orbs, I've been pulled into completely different areas that I've not even been to yet.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Apr 29, 2014

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Mega Comrade posted:

So cracked blue eye orbs have started working for me. Guess it just took a while for people to get 10+ sin with red eyes being rare in the game to begin with.

Are you on NG+? I know that once you hit NG+ you get perpetual goody two-shoes invasions.

NG I've only gotten hit by 4 or 5 boys in blue, despite having what must be a large amount of sin.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Darox posted:

Blood Brotherhood duels finally seem to be possible, though I don't know if that's my SL reaching a certain point or more people finally reaching this area.

E: Also my favourite thing about PvP is when some dork tries to use a shield. It's so satisfying just hitting him until he staggers and getting a free critical hit.

Two-handing a Blacksteel katana is essentially pointless. You aren't adding any damage to it since the only thing 2-handing does is double your strength, and the weapon does not scale from strength.

Take one in each hand, friend. Learn to dodge through attacks. Learn to love the fact that you have to hold the button down for like half a second to activate the power stance mid-combat.

Studio posted:

WHAT WEAPON SHOULD I USE (Nothing that involves me going to Drangleic or beyond. That poo poo is too far)

The Old Whip and lots of repair powder, then make a beeline for the Huntsman's Copse and get a whip that doesn't fall apart after 2 attacks. Maybe dual wield that poo poo? I don't know.

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Apr 29, 2014

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
My first Dark Souls 2 pvp experience was being victorious in a 1v2 in belfry because one of the guys stopped to cast a lloyd's talisman while on the stairs with the other behind him and they both got tagged by r1 spam with halberd until they died.

But at least I couldn't estus!

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Minorkos posted:

The Old Whip and lots of repair powder, then make a beeline for the Huntsman's Copse and get a whip that doesn't fall apart after 2 attacks. Maybe dual wield that poo poo? I don't know.

I actually want to do Demon's Great Hammer, but I don't want to spam new characters to farm it.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Studio posted:

Large Club

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Studio posted:

I actually want to do Demon's Great Hammer, but I don't want to spam new characters to farm it.

Hahaha, I had this same idea yesterday.

"I'll make a bunch of lovely characters real quick and try to get that hammer. I'm guessing it'll take me like 10 tries"

Then it drops on my first try. Now I have a dumb looking character with a big rear end hammer.

Anyway, you should let fate decide. See what weapon drops first and go with that!

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

I also got in this goon-wagon...

I had some experience with DS1, but never got past the gargoyles fight (where my gfx card fried), but in this one, after getting killed at least 20 times by the ogres in the tutorial (my rear end!) and progressing slowly through the Forest of Giants, I am breezing through the Tower of Flame. It is astonishing that I can go through this level without getting hit a single time...

Now for questions:

1 - Is there a way to check how many times I died? Not the global thing, but my particular character;

2 - You know the short sword move set? Slash quick attack, thrust strong attack (both one handed). Is there another one-handed sword with the same move set? Both the long sword and the broad sword only have slash attacks when one handed (although the long sword has a thrust attack when two-handed).

Thanks.

Edit: Typo + Thanks Brothers!

Hi. Im Leeroy fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Apr 29, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tinkerballz posted:

1 - Is there a way to check how many times I died? Not the global thing, but my particular character;

If you're offline it only displays your deaths.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
The Mastadoon Halberd is something extraordinary. Maxed leveled and anything that can be riposted or backstabbed is wrecked even without elemental buffs. It also owns hard for PvP.

I'm wondering if the Mastadoon Halberd is gonna be the new DKGA, or if that role goes to the Sun Sword.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Saw someone elsewhere mention that there are graphical mods out already. Anything stable/noteworthy at all?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
guys, when am I going to find some twinkling titanite? I've reached the harvest valley, is any coming my way anytime soon?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Studio posted:

Ha I'm on first game and I've got 2 of those. Useless to me too. Are they rare or something?

Studio posted:

Are you on NG+? I know that once you hit NG+ you get perpetual goody two-shoes invasions.

NG I've only gotten hit by 4 or 5 boys in blue, despite having what must be a large amount of sin.

Nope, is a little finicky sometimes. You have to try 4 or 5 tones but it seems to work once you get around lol 100.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Apr 29, 2014

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

Saw someone elsewhere mention that there are graphical mods out already. Anything stable/noteworthy at all?

GeDoSaTo is what you're looking for but with VAC just being patched in I'd wait a couple days and see if anyone gets banned for using it, just to be on the safe side

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

guys, when am I going to find some twinkling titanite? I've reached the harvest valley, is any coming my way anytime soon?

There's one in the area immediately following where you are.

I think there's some in the Bastille, too.

Slackmaw
May 4, 2010
The weirdest thing just happened! I got invaded in Belfry Sol, died and dropped around 10k souls, when I went back and retrieved them I suddenly had over 100k souls. Does anyone know what might have happened? It kinda ruined my soul memory. :( E: This happened on NG, if that matters.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Does anyone else keep a bow slotted purely for the quiver as a fashion accessory? I could save some weight by only equipping it when I need to snipe, but fire arrows go well with my outfit.

tinkerballz posted:

2 - You know the short sword move set? Slash quick attack, thrust strong attack (both one handed). Is there another one-handed sword with the same move set? Both the long sword and the broad sword only have slash attacks when one handed (although the long sword has a thrust attack when two-handed).

As far as I know the Sun Sword (rank 2 Heirs of the Sun covenant reward) is the only other straight sword with that move set. It's a really solid weapon that scales well with an even mix of Str and Dex.

Corin Tucker's Stalker fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Apr 29, 2014

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Slackmaw posted:

The weirdest thing just happened! I got invaded in Belfry Sol, died and dropped around 10k souls, when I went back and retrieved them I suddenly had over 100k souls. Does anyone know what might have happened? It kinda ruined my soul memory. :( E: This happened on NG, if that matters.

Eh, your soul memory isn't ruined. Go buy some vigor or something.

There is really no way to "ruin" your soul memory unless you lose like 12 million souls, then kill all the NPCs in the game, and THEN head into NG+ with a gimped character, making you eligible for all sorts of high-level invasions. But even then you can just buy that chameleon spell and play the game as like a stealth game with all the invasions? That might make for a fun playthrough, actually.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
Was the lost sinner nerfed for PC? My friend was telling me how hard she is etc but I did her without doing the gargoyles first and it was just "roll, attack twice, repeat" and I killed her on the first try.

Then I found out that I didn't summon Lucatiel when I should have. I wish she was hard so I'd have died :(

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

My save disappeared and this is what I get when restoring a backup. Are there any known fixes for this?

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

THE PWNER posted:

Was the lost sinner nerfed for PC? My friend was telling me how hard she is etc but I did her without doing the gargoyles first and it was just "roll, attack twice, repeat" and I killed her on the first try.

Then I found out that I didn't summon Lucatiel when I should have. I wish she was hard so I'd have died :(

I never played on the consoles but yes, she apparently was stronger before.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

GeDoSaTo is what you're looking for but with VAC just being patched in I'd wait a couple days and see if anyone gets banned for using it, just to be on the safe side

There's also a few ENB profiles out there, most of which aim to restore the "original lighting", problem being that it restores said lighting to areas that clearly weren't intended to be like the pitch black FoFG area they showed off and it's just awful.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Al-Saqr posted:

If you have a bunch of smooth and silky stones from jolly coop, you could gamble them at the nest in the tutorial area, I got a few twinkling titanites that way.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Studio posted:

TWINBLADES

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Studio posted:

Dual cestus.

Fuckin' owns, man.

(if you did that already, then what chaos rhames said)

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
So, does Blue Sentinels pretty much do nothing during the first run-through? Because I'm not getting poo poo for hits with this ring on, and my Mr. Miyagi all-fist playthrough needs to wax some motherfuckers to the ground.

At least until I get to Bellbros, I guess. Apparently that's more active?

Mazed posted:

Dual cestus.

Fuckin' owns, man.

Will confirm this owns, but only if you're wearing nothing else but leather pants. Let's get riiipped.

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Apr 29, 2014

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Axel Serenity posted:

So, does Blue Sentinels pretty much do nothing during the first run-through? Because I'm not getting poo poo for hits with this ring on, and my Mr. Miyagi all-fist playthrough needs to wax some motherfuckers to the ground.

What's your soul memory at? I can hang around if you want to invade me. I will fight dirty.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Orv posted:

There's also a few ENB profiles out there, most of which aim to restore the "original lighting", problem being that it restores said lighting to areas that clearly weren't intended to be like the pitch black FoFG area they showed off and it's just awful.

I don't know if I've seen an ENB for any game that isn't awful

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Mazed posted:

Dual cestus.

Fuckin' owns, man.

(if you did that already, then what chaos rhames said)

He probably can't hear you, you need to speak louder.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

:black101:DUAL CESTUS:black101:

there we go

Note on costuming: If you are a dude character then no shirt + the one mustache (you know the one) is one you can't go wrong with. But if you are a lady (or just want to switch things up): Alva pants, Cale's armor chest (Rogue armor from the dudes in Huntsman's Copse also works), and Bandit gloves are an excellent Fashion Souls choice for this weaponry configuration. Ensheathe yourself in studded leather. You are one giant fist.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Axel Serenity posted:

People don't stay with the way of blue for long and as red eyes are only late game, they've switched by that time.

Invading the guilty is fun though.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

I don't know if I've seen an ENB for any game that isn't awful

That's because most people who make ENB presets have the aesthetic sensibilities of a giraffe being hit by a bullet train.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I'm going for Greataxe, I've actually never used an Axe before, but I've done most of the dual wield/punchy strats.

Miiight have to fidget with Twinblades though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Cardboard Box posted:

I've been playing all day with GeDoSaTo and am still online just fine so I wouldn't worry about it

VAC does delayed bans. You won't know until a couple weeks.

It shouldn't do anything, but you never know with Valve.