Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I've been lending a hand in Iron Keep to get my last few Sun Medals and something odd just happened. I got summoned to do the second boss and the two other players kept "No" gesturing at me and refusing to go in. Eventually I just left.

All I can figure is that my gear (Elite Knight, shield, chime) was somehow seen as wrong for that encounter. Is equipment/build snobbery a thing, or did I just stumble onto a few weirdos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Genocyber posted:

Well looks like we know what they spent that extra month on...

http://pastebin.com/DLpHA40C

oh my god

DrGreatJob posted:

So I've been running around named "DrGreat***"? As in "DrGreatAss"? How does a loving censor make my name sound MORE offensive?

hahaha

HellCopter posted:

cockfukculated sound incredibly psuedo-scientific.

Also, 211: Cleveland. I know we don't like to talk about it, FROM, but no need to call it an insult.

aaaahahahaha

I don't even know what to say right now

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

keyframe posted:

Dont waste a single one in the ratbro area, they are all poo poo. The upstairs one make the rats spew armor corroding poison which hurt you more than it hurts the enemy since you have to run through that poo poo every time you wanna go downstairs.
Actually I'd disagree. It's really useful to lower the bottom bridge, but then not lower the upper one. There are torches and it's a straight path from where the player comes from, so they'll go across and walk into a dead end you've created.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Arthil posted:

This: http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Doors+of+Pharros#.U2BbJflkXm4 seemed to have a decent list of all the lockstone faces in Doors of Pharros.

keyframe posted:

Dont waste a single one in the ratbro area, they are all poo poo. The upstairs one make the rats spew armor corroding poison which hurt you more than it hurts the enemy since you have to run through that poo poo every time you wanna go downstairs.

I might've phrased that badly. I meant assuming I ignore all the holes in Doors of Pharros and Grave of Saints how many do I want to get? I took a second to google it though so a moot point now.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Studio posted:

If you plan to Rat don't do both, just one.

Never give a second option

Yea opening the second one was the biggest mistake.

Cowcaster posted:

I might've phrased that badly. I meant assuming I ignore all the holes in Doors of Pharros and Grave of Saints how many do I want to get? I took a second to google it though so a moot point now.

Well do share your findings.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

keyframe posted:

Well do share your findings.

Turns out instead of searching various combinations of "Dark Souls 2 lockstones" I should've just started with "Pharros Contraptions": http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Pharros%27_Contraption.

Hopelessly vague on the ones in Grave of Saints and Doors of Pharros, of course.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

I'll have to edit a video together tomorrow for y'all, but duel-wielding caestuses owns so hard. I upgraded them to poison at McDuff's. One hit from a +6 Poison Caestus does 128 poison damage. Now imagine two of those. Pair that with some Lloyd's Talismans and throwing knives and you got a great PvP build.

I've punched 10 people to death so far today and I'm not going to stop :unsmigghh:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

neetengie posted:

He drops the actual Aurous armor though, the non-invisible one. Just try to lure him out if you can or kill the "Vikings" at a range first so you can deal with just the Black Phantom.
Its real? I have to go get this now.

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

Ironsights posted:

I'll have to edit a video together tomorrow for y'all, but duel-wielding caestuses owns so hard. I upgraded them to poison at McDuff's. One hit from a +6 Poison Caestus does 128 poison damage. Now imagine two of those. Pair that with some Lloyd's Talismans and throwing knives and you got a great PvP build.

I've punched 10 people to death so far today and I'm not going to stop :unsmigghh:

Tell me more

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

I've been lending a hand in Iron Keep to get my last few Sun Medals and something odd just happened. I got summoned to do the second boss and the two other players kept "No" gesturing at me and refusing to go in. Eventually I just left.

All I can figure is that my gear (Elite Knight, shield, chime) was somehow seen as wrong for that encounter. Is equipment/build snobbery a thing, or did I just stumble onto a few weirdos?

If they were too dumb to realise they could use the Black Separation Crystal to make you leave if they really didn't want you (for whatever reason), then they weren't worth your time anyway.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Mimetic posted:

If they were too dumb to realise they could use the Black Separation Crystal to make you leave if they really didn't want you (for whatever reason), then they weren't worth your time anyway.

Doesn't the Black Separation Crystal banish all phantoms though? They might've been a pair of guys trying to get their friend as a 3rd.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

I only just now realized that Red Soapstone kills dont grant BoB levels. Is it just me or are duels really hard to come by at SL60?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

Doesn't the Black Separation Crystal banish all phantoms though? They might've been a pair of guys trying to get their friend as a 3rd.

Nope, you select which.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

wisdomHNOX posted:

I only just now realized that Red Soapstone kills dont grant BoB levels. Is it just me or are duels really hard to come by at SL60?

I'm at 58 and have been getting duels in <30 seconds at the Iron Keep. It really depends where you're at in the game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ravenfood posted:

It's not a guaranteed drop, apparently. I got nothing. And Lucatiel killed herself in the ocean. So I give up, gently caress her armor. I guess I'll console my self with the thousand viking armors I now have. I got enough souls to get me a lightning morningstar +9 to go with my fire longsword +10 at least. Honestly the worst thing about playing a battlemage in this is I'm missing out on all the fun weapons.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Apr 30, 2014

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Ironsights posted:

I'm at 58 and have been getting duels in <30 seconds at the Iron Keep. It really depends where you're at in the game.
BoB duels are only counted from the actual BoB area. Red soapstone duels are useless as far as the covenant is concerned.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Ironsights posted:

I mean duels in the purgatory. I am getting Red Signs to pop in <15 seconds, but you cant skill up with those.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Ravenfood posted:

You get 2-for-1 because the Shadow Set is part of the area as well.

RBA Starblade posted:

It's not a guaranteed drop, apparently. I got nothing. And Lucatiel killed herself in the ocean. So I give up, gently caress her armor. I guess I'll console my self with the thousand viking armors I now have.
Yeah, you aren't guaranteed a piece, and if you have a piece, a new drop can still be the piece you acquired.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Christ I'm at 1.8k soul memory and I'm not even done with the Crypt yet. I don't even get how I ended up with way too many souls.

gently caress this bell room in the crypt though. I've died in it 3 times now because I keep hitting the stupid bell by accident :negative:

EDIT: I just realize that because warmth heals everything, you can potentially be a massive rear end in a top hat as an invader with it by healing enemies. I might need to actually try and win some arena fights now to get more orbs.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 30, 2014

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Steam purchase complete.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I'm floating around 1 million SM at the moment, and I'm actually getting invaded, it's incredible.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I get lucky with invasion names every time.

Souls games are good to me.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Is there anyway to get Faintstones easily? Or am I going to have to go ahead and help people alot and hope these Smooth & Silky Stones pay off?

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
What the hell is up with the royal rat authority? My weapons literally cannot hit the small rats and the boss one shots me despite breezing through the level. I honestly think I'm glitched out or something because my attacks just whiff for no reason.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Stringbean posted:

Is there anyway to get Faintstones easily? Or am I going to have to go ahead and help people alot and hope these Smooth & Silky Stones pay off?

You can try farming Leydia Pyromancers and Basilisks.

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

Yeah, the bell covenant just isn't working for me for some reason. I'm online, covenant symbol is flashing, I'm wearing the ring, and I have 1.38mil SM, but I'm just not getting summoned. What's going on?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Baron O Beefdip posted:

Yeah, the bell covenant just isn't working for me for some reason. I'm online, covenant symbol is flashing, I'm wearing the ring, and I have 1.38mil SM, but I'm just not getting summoned. What's going on?

I've been getting summoned all day, fairly regularly, so my guess is you're actually too high for most people at the time of day you're trying.

My experience at 1.4 mil was about the same, my 360k dude is invading non-stop.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 30, 2014

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How significant is the fire bonus you can get from int/faith? Since I only want to use pyromancy I'd completely ignored those stats, as I was unaware they had any impact on pyromancy damage. Is it worth investing in them at all or should I just focus on other stats?

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

Captain Oblivious posted:

I've been getting summoned all day, fairly regularly, so my guess is you're actually too high for most people at the time of day you're trying.

Switching to Iron Keep fixed it, even though i invaded Luna anyway? whatever, I'll take it.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Iron Keep can suck my dick. These loving samurai assholes go right through my shield. Are their attacks SUPPOSED to be unblockable?

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Haha, using Sunlight Blade on the Demon Great Hammer is kind of a funny combination. I just got it on my new STR/FTH dude who has 900k soul memory. Every Belfry invader I get loses like 80% of their HP to a single light attack swing. It's hilarious.

I used the Iron Keep guy to get the cost of that Sunlight Blade lower, so I only need 30 faith to cast it. And I only have 4 attunement so I'm using that attunement slot ring for the spell. Feeling pretty minmaxed.

I'd feel bad about using this combo but all Bellfry invaders are jerks so it's fine.

Not sure what to do with the rest of my souls from now on. I guess I'll pump it into vigor.

FrancoFish posted:

Iron Keep can suck my dick. These loving samurai assholes go right through my shield. Are their attacks SUPPOSED to be unblockable?

Remember that there are like 2 attacks total that can't be rolled through in this game. When they take a swing at you, roll right into them just as the blade passes through you and you won't take damage. I can't recall if those guys have unblockable attacks, or if they're just costly to block, but rolling through poo poo gets easy the more you do it as long as your agility isn't under 90 or something.

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 30, 2014

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

FrancoFish posted:

I manage to block them just fine. What shield are you using? It could be it has low physical reduction.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yeah. I'm only about ~200k souls and I am getting summoned so much I have trouble getting the ring off to go do other things. Give it a week and we'll see a lot more ~1M souls people popping in for BellBro time.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

Cowcaster posted:

Turns out instead of searching various combinations of "Dark Souls 2 lockstones" I should've just started with "Pharros Contraptions": http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Pharros%27_Contraption.

Hopelessly vague on the ones in Grave of Saints and Doors of Pharros, of course.

The most useful contraption in Doors of Pharros is the one that creates a wall between the second floor and the boss room. It effectively makes the trek to the boss room 1/3rd longer for the invader. (This is only useful if you want to be a dick)

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Genocyber posted:

Well looks like we know what they spent that extra month on...

http://pastebin.com/DLpHA40C

Hitler is not on that list.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Is there a good write up for players who are new to the dark souls games? I am doing fine but I don't really know where I should be allocating level ups/when to upgrade armor and weapons.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Baron O Beefdip posted:

I manage to block them just fine. What shield are you using? It could be it has low physical reduction.

Old Knight Shield, 100% Phys Reduction. For some reason, they just cut right through my shield. I can't even get past the first pair with 50% of my HP left.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
e: ^ I use the old knight shield to block them fine. Are you trying to block with no stamina?

Minorkos posted:

Remember that there are like 2 attacks total that can't be rolled through in this game.

Out of interest, what are they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Always fun to co-op with someone named fuckfeast420.