Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
I'm only mentioning this because the Cain story was part of my assignment this week for my Classics class. The excerpt that was in my book eludes to Cain being immortal and to a punishment for anyone who attempts to kill/ kill Cain.

So is Dean now immortal and shouldn't those who try to kill him be killed/ punished?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Eh... I think that was the punishment FOR Cain, not the mark. I think the mark was separate. It was basically a warning of "DO NOT gently caress WITH THIS GUY".

He gave Dean the mark (I dunno if it transferred or if he can give it out like a mobile tattoo kinda thing), but he still hosed up tons of demons in his house if he DIDN'T have the mark anymore. Dude's hardcore.

I think the "price" it comes with is that he's becoming kill happy (LOOK AT ME BITCH), but it could also mean that he's going to ask Dean to ace him, and that means the curse is gonna gently caress Sam up hardcore.

Wasn't it something like a 7 fold punishment for killing him?

Knowing the show though, Dean discovers Zoloft in the first episode and we never speak of it again, much like Casweh.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I think the "price" it comes with is that he's becoming kill happy (LOOK AT ME BITCH), but it could also mean that he's going to ask Dean to ace him, and that means the curse is gonna gently caress Sam up hardcore.

How so?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Well, not sure which one you are referring to, but the price he's paid so far for the mark has been a major league ramp up in aggression. He's sort of become the Dean Hulk. Less caring, less happy, more like Season 5 "gently caress it" Dean but with a temper.

As far as the curse goes, if it's a seven fold on you and your family, then Sam's the only family he has left. Cas is sort of family but everyone else is toast (sorry mom). If Dean harms/kills Cain (as the curse goes), he's gonna get Godsmacked with that curse and it's going to affect him and Sam.

If it's just seven fold on whoever harms/kills Cain, then just Dean will get hosed up. Depends on the interpretation of it I reckon.

Aren't there like 3 episodes left in the season?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Well, not sure which one you are referring to, but the price he's paid so far for the mark has been a major league ramp up in aggression. He's sort of become the Dean Hulk. Less caring, less happy, more like Season 5 "gently caress it" Dean but with a temper.

As far as the curse goes, if it's a seven fold on you and your family, then Sam's the only family he has left. Cas is sort of family but everyone else is toast (sorry mom). If Dean harms/kills Cain (as the curse goes), he's gonna get Godsmacked with that curse and it's going to affect him and Sam.

If it's just seven fold on whoever harms/kills Cain, then just Dean will get hosed up. Depends on the interpretation of it I reckon.

Aren't there like 3 episodes left in the season?

Counting tonight there are four.

e: Supposedly these are the plot synopses for the next three (including tonight) :

quote:

"Bloodlines"

Visiting Chicago, Sam and Dean discover that the city's underground is ruled by five different tribes of supernatural creatures, and get caught up in a young hunter's quest for revenge against one of the tribes.

quote:

"King of the Damned"
While Sam and Dean help Castiel interrogate one of Metatron's allies, Abaddon resorts to extreme measures to force Crowley to help her against the Winchesters.

quote:

"Stairway to Heaven"

When a massive attack is unleashed on the remaining angels, Castiel is shocked to learn that it was ordered by one of his followers, while Dean learns that the attack is part of a conspiracy involving the Winchesters' old 'ally' Tessa the Reaper.

And the season finale is titled "Do You Believe in Miracles".

computer parts fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 29, 2014

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Time to see how bad the spinoff is going to be.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

This doesn't even feel like a Supernatural episode. Feels like I'm watching some other show that Sam and Dean cameoed in. I knew this was a backdoor pilot, but I didn't know it would feel so far removed.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
This doesn't even feel like the Supernatural universe.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Can we skip to the part where Sam and Dean kill them all.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

I'm pretty sure this is a yet another spinoff of The Vampire Diaries. Or possibly something vaguely related to The Dresden Files. It sure as poo poo doesn't feel like it has anything to do with Supernatural.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo I'm waiting for a scene with Sam or Dean in it and its been like ten minutes now...

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
There we go. Hopefully we get back to the Winchesters for the rest of this shitstorm.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

legoman727 posted:

There we go. Hopefully we get back to the Winchesters for the rest of this shitstorm.

I'm waiting for Sam and Dean to get CGI pulled off screen and a message about how they are returning back to their home planet.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
They tricked me into watching the pilot for this show and it kinda pisses me off.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Lol I live in Chicago you monsters are doing a horrible job keeping the peace.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
They Changed Channels again, in a bad way.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ah so this is the backdoor pilot. Feels kind of like Angel right now, esp with all the different monsters having a go-to bar at the beginning.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
This could be an interesting show. This is not a Supernatural show.

They're breaking the rules of the monsters to make them work in the show, for starters. Werewolves that control their changes, Shifters that don't shed when they change...

They wanted another paranormal show, and they're trying to rope in the established Supernatural crowd. I think it's doomed for failure. If the show's lore and feel need to change this much, they should have launched it as a stand-alone show, not as a spin-off.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, this has nothing to do with the Supernatural versions of anything. And I love how Sam and Dean are immediately accepting of "good guy" monsters, even though both of them are NEVER on the same page about that.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Nope, I was wrong, it's trash.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Well this was a lovely episode.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
From now on whenever anybody debates the worst episode of Supernatural, they will have to preface it with "obviously lets put aside that ridiculous spin-off bullshit".

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Basebf555 posted:

From now on whenever anybody debates the worst episode of Supernatural, they will have to preface it with "obviously lets put aside that ridiculous spin-off bullshit".

I dunno, the bugs were pretty loving bad, and that racist truck...

No, you're right, this managed to top them all in shittiness.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

I dunno, the bugs were pretty loving bad, and that racist truck...

No, you're right, this managed to top them all in shittiness.

Yeah, the "Bugs, racist truck" now has been eclipsed by this. The show doesn't even look that good, it's like they tried to cross Vampire Diaries with Supernatural without realizing what makes each show work.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah that was really loving bad. I can't imagine the spinoff doing well at all.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I haven't paid attention for the longest time but I really thought the spinoff was supposed to be Chicago in the 20s with Elliot Ness hunting monsters. Now finding out what its supposed to be I don't give a gently caress at all. It's going to be hot garbage and apparently won't even bother sticking to the loosely established monster lore for Supernatural.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The entire god drat spinoff is going to be "if Sam and Dean were here, they'd just murder them all". How would anyone think this is a good idea?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

legoman727 posted:

Time to see how bad the spinoff is going to be.

Turns out: loving hideous :bang:

Not only do I have negative reverse anti-desire to watch the spinoff, I think they owe us an extra episode where Sam and Dean go back to Chicago and slaughter the whole monster mafia to make the spinoff absolutely unquestionably out of continuity.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

McSpanky posted:

Not only do I have negative reverse anti-desire to watch the spinoff, I think they owe us an extra episode where Sam and Dean go back to Chicago and slaughter the whole monster mafia to make the spinoff absolutely unquestionably out of continuity.
They can do this after Bloodlines gets canceled. I hope they spare the nice werewolf lady, though, she's pretty.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Fast Luck posted:

They can do this after Bloodlines gets canceled. I hope they spare the nice werewolf lady, though, she's pretty.

Reading all of your reactions, kind of put into perspective that episode with the werewolfs afew seasons back. I was sure that it was a set up for the crazy adventures of a teenage lady werewolf.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

McSpanky posted:

Even better; let Death wipe Chicago off the map in Season 5, saves us from this. It's the only way to be sure.

cycowolf
Feb 14, 2005

Refill my prescription to whatever that thing is that makes the carpet stop turning into snakes in lieu of my coming conniption
I can not wait to not watch more of that. I know others said it but that did not feel anything like supernatural. Just going to pretend it didn't happen and there is no other show.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I'm kinda wondering why CW thinks they need another "The Originals" in Chicago while disregarding all Supernatural lore.

THIS was the best they could come up with? If they want to do a spinoff, do a period piece with The Men Of Letters.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
It's kind of funny how the Shapeshifter sister was literally Lara Raith but with a different name.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Eh, they had at least one compelling character in Susan.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

gently caress that, I hope they team up with Castiel, Garth, and who ever else is still around on their side and spend the entire episode just kicking in doors, cutting off heads and vaporizing monsters.

Speaking of, didn't Crowley destroy most of the monster populations when he was looking for Alphas? How did entire clans/families of Chicago avoid that?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That was just terrible. Bad acting, insufferable characters, stupid story. I hope the Winchesters wipe Chicago from the map. Fill Castiel full of Leviathans and let him get to work.

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

computer parts posted:

It's kind of funny how the Shapeshifter sister was literally Lara Raith but with a different name.

Really? Lara was always written as subtle and uber-intelligent, having multiple plots within plots. Shapeshifter chick seemed pretty transparent with a one-track mind. Other than being the family power behind a disabled dad, I don't see the comparison.

e: beaten by a landslide but what a lovely episode.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.
I thought I was watching Pretty Little Liars for a minute at the beginning considering at least two of those guys were cops on PLL and the guy who used to play Kol on The Vampire Diaries (David in this episode) was recently on PLL too.

Stabitha fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Apr 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Stabitha posted:

I thought I was watching Pretty Little Liars for a minute at the beginning considering at least two of those guys were cops on PLL.

Gotta secret can ya keep it swear this one you'll save...

I've been out of town for two weeks and have missed the last two episodes. I'm sad to see the general reaction to the spinoff being so negative, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

• Locked thread