Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Someone, go check and tell us who's in this channel they talk about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

I just looked at this "Moonfruit" site and it's some free website hosting thing.

Maybe we should put in a DMCA and "get an IP address" like the pubbies love to claim they can do to us.

The sad thing is none of the screenshots or info we posted about lake1771 was fake but they feel the need to make up stuff about us. Just doing a Google search for that guy's account name shows that he's been banned from a few websites too. I guess pubbies just like having their money stolen.

e: Ok, now that I see they listed redditchat, I'm pretty sure it's one of the loons who actually like him lol

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Apr 30, 2014

WraithMind
Jan 26, 2011
Channel is locked or something, says I have insufficient permissions to join.

WE'LL NEVER KNOW

WraithMind fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 30, 2014

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Morglon posted:

unless the shield is really good

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Lagomorphic posted:

I named mine Roan'Amok. I loved running Bar Patron's Tale and watching him dropkick cat girls.

There is a mission where you dropkick cat girls, how did I miss this :catstare:

e: also need wiki access--can't remember if I registered before and asked already, but I hosed up my access somehow let me know. Registered (this time) as HiroProtagonist.

HiroProtagonist fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Apr 30, 2014

Kosmicka Ljubav
Nov 6, 2013

Nice, but stats are kinda meh, aren't they?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

HiroProtagonist posted:

e: also need wiki access--can't remember if I registered before and asked already, but I hosed up my access somehow let me know. Registered (this time) as HiroProtagonist.

You're in.

Further follow up on that Diligram hack, looks like there's some Germans claiming we must be hackers because we kick the poo poo out of them in pvp so clearly we also hacked the website. Google translate is pretty lovely, any native speakers able to give a run down or weigh in and tell them they're idiots? http://sto-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?s=c3423f145517e65b92b57462d6ea7b57&p=4801472#post4801472

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

HiroProtagonist posted:

Yeah this is why we need a list, dudes are missing out on the good stuff. Maybe a page on the wiki?

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Bar Patron's Tale hasn't been available since they reworked Drozana, sadly, and it wouldn't work so well with the modern map anymore.

I've been wanting to do a wiki page about foundry missions (don't play the Purity series!), but eh. :effort:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Korgan posted:

You're in.

Further follow up on that Diligram hack, looks like there's some Germans claiming we must be hackers because we kick the poo poo out of them in pvp so clearly we also hacked the website. Google translate is pretty lovely, any native speakers able to give a run down or weigh in and tell them they're idiots? http://sto-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?s=c3423f145517e65b92b57462d6ea7b57&p=4801472#post4801472

Have railrokh take a look at it when he's on. I think we have a few German-speakers, actually.

TreeSquid
Jul 24, 2003

Tentacle rape from above.
I did try hooking up Bar Patron Tales to the new map but for whatever reason it wouldn't work at the time. Also half the appeal was that the real Bar Patron would actually be at the bar during the first part of the mission but I haven't seen him around for a while.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That'll look good on a BoP.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

NurhacisUrn posted:

That is incredible. What did you name yours? Mine is Kukalaka Kaliki-Alihi.

Barack'igan. Since the game kept giving me random names that ended in 'igan I decided to go with a name change I could believe in.

So now i've got the alien super-soldier reincarnation of the president drop kicking fascist dinosaur men in the face.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Preechr posted:

Have railrokh take a look at it when he's on. I think we have a few German-speakers, actually.

On it, could take a while though.

Edit: Done.

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Apr 30, 2014

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Ludicro posted:

General rule of thumb is you can have friends in Dental provided they don't act out of order, and you understand you are responsible for their conduct.

Unless you bring in an 8 year old who cleans out the bank.

Then we just all have a laugh that a literal child achieved what no pubbie in history has.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

-Troika- posted:

Speaking of which, can someone invite Vlad@malikcarr to the channel and SFD?

He got invited last time you asked, man. Tell him to join the channel.

Atrayonis posted:

On it, could take a while though.

Edit: Done.

Can we start making our own posts in here or in game for you to transcribe and post in there? :v:

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Korgan posted:

Can we start making our own posts in here or in game for you to transcribe and post in there? :v:
As long as you can deal with that it might take a bit of time over the day and that I prefer to translate by meaning more than by word, sure. Ludicro already uses me as translation service when some German pubbie flips their poo poo after dying. :v:

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

Archonex posted:

Barack'igan. Since the game kept giving me random names that ended in 'igan I decided to go with a name change I could believe in.

So now i've got the alien super-soldier reincarnation of the president drop kicking fascist dinosaur men in the face.

gently caress yes. Never sleep on Barry O.

Lagomorphic posted:

I named mine Roan'Amok. I loved running Bar Patron's Tale and watching him dropkick cat girls.

Sounds like proper use of the warrior to me.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Korgan posted:

You're in.

They're full of poo poo, if you want a better translation I'll be around later. It's just the usual "Dental hacks, Dental cheats, Dental trolls I'm ignoring them so hard" crap though.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Apr 30, 2014

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

NurhacisUrn posted:

gently caress yes. Never sleep on Barry O.

Sounds like proper use of the warrior to me.

My Jem'Hadar Boff is called Jim Hadar.

It's short for James.

Raavn
Jan 30, 2014

"Insert random smartass quote here."
http://sto-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?s=c3423f145517e65b92b57462d6ea7b57&p=4801472#post4801472 is just a tear harvesting field.
There's already a reply from a german-speaking goon and few other players explaining goons are trolls, not hackers.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Korgan posted:

Hey so whoever is trying to frame us with the hamfisted "hack" of the diligram site, try doing some research next time.

For a start, there's no embedded mp3s or spinning gifs. Shameful. Secondly, why would you name @Atheonyirh as the person who did it, do you not know goons? Third, we wouldn't name Redditchat as one of our chats, you dozy oval office. You get a 4/10, and that's only because you used the Dental Eagle.

And they nuked the site, well done dipshits.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Clearly a Dental/NoP/Wesley/Hobo coverup.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Aleth posted:

Clearly a Dental/NoP/Wesley/Hobo coverup.

They don't call us Task Force Spectre for nothing. :smug:

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Korgan posted:

You're in.

Translated that post as well as I could. Stuff in parentheses are added by me to make it more clear.

quote:

This is all in all very questionable, yes. But all in all nothing
really new.

There are trolls in STO, of course. There are (trolls) everywhere on the internet, ok.

STO is cheated a lot with bots and exploits, this has been known for a long time. But even that will probably apply to almost any other online game.

That there channels are "hacked" or stolen other wise ... not much point (to stealing a channel). Since there is per se not much to get from it now? If they had stolen fleets (is this) even possible? it would be something else, I have heard of such
Events, even though the Rumors were said as actual facts.

If I could encourage the author thereof (the OP) to (translate) the post on here to English
to send it to the admins? That would make more sense eventually. Because I take it
that the majority of us here can do very little.

Da Mott Man fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 30, 2014

Rotation Confusion
Jul 13, 2012

It's harder than it looks
even for mmo people this is a pretty goofball wacky frameup idea for someone to have actually carried out

LeviathanGunship
Dec 6, 2004

I'll be honest, I don't entirely understand where this leaves us.

Could I possibly be added to the goon channel? Atticus Veridian@BeyondSandrock. Thanks in advance!

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

300 Earth Dollars posted:

even for mmo people this is a pretty goofball wacky frameup idea for someone to have actually carried out

If the internet has taught me anything, its that people take their online virtual spaceships really, really loving seriously.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

So I logged into STO today, and found this in my mail inbox.

So lets see what we have here then...

Full album is at this address http://imgur.com/a/IueG5

Well Sanusi L. Sanusi, I have to hand it to you :golfclap:

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Ludicro posted:

This is magical. :allears:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Ludicro posted:

This needs to be saved somewhere for posterity.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

kelvron posted:

This needs to be saved somewhere for posterity.

By "somewhere" you mean the OP, and all ops for as long as there are STO threads on SA.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

And possibly etched onto a gold plate and launched into space on an interstellar probe as a summary of human civilization.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Recruit that dude into the fleet yesterday.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
That really made my day.

Kosmicka Ljubav
Nov 6, 2013
Bravo, hands down to the guy, we will never forget this.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Someone send that to our good pal Lake ASAP. I want to see the meltdown. :allears:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

That is seriously amazing :allears:

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Ludicro posted:

Best pubbie yet. This guy deserves a reward. What should I send him, bugship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raavn
Jan 30, 2014

"Insert random smartass quote here."
Decided to give the new content a try just to realize, that I've been roundhouse-kicked from my previous fleet in the meantime.

I need warmth and shelter. Raavn@Raaavn , pretty please :allears:

• Locked thread