Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Jack Trades posted:

http://mod.gib.me/darksouls2/ngword/ contains the full word censor list for all languages, for reference.
"
this is staggering

angrydragon
angrydragons
angrypenguin
angrypenguins
angrypirate
angrypirates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Oh man, the Blue Flame sword you get from the shades in the crypt is awesome. Doubles as a melee weapon and a sorcery catalyst, and enchanted with greater magic weapon, it does some serious damage with spells.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

I made the mistake of going into the third portal the first few times. loving HAVEL THE ROCK KEPT SMASHING ME.

I find that one to be the easiest. Run towards the closed fog door, punch the lady into the hole, then punch the other guy into it too.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Volt Catfish posted:

By the way, another question: Is there any viable equipment or progression for somebody who wants to do All Magic, Ever?

I know the Black Witch's Staff can cast all non-pyromancy magic, and then you get a pyromancy glove to go with it and you're good to go, but that staff is pretty close to endgame. Was wondering if there was any earlier equipment that could also suffice, or should I just use miracles or something till I can get the staff?

Its kinda wonky, to be sure. It helps if you have the preorder DLC and the transgressor's staff, otherwise you have to use the lovely sorcerer's staff or whatever for a long time. Black witch's is really good, until then you kinda have to get by on the hex staves until you can get the shrine of anime staff.

So there are definitely some okay staffs to get you by through the game if you're going pure magic, by no means do you have to go miracles to go pure magic, you can do pure sorcery or hexes, but the best one is at the end yeah.

Attestant posted:

You have two hands with 6 weapon slots total. I'm sure you'll figure out some way to have both a staff and a chime equipped.

Woosh! Somebody misunderstood the question.

No doubt people are going to try to recreate that effect, but there's only so much you can do in post-processing.

Those screenshots look like total rear end.

Still, torches are pretty drat useless right now, other than in the gutter. Maybe somebody'll come up with something better than just turning the brightness way down and washing out all the colors.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

Illegal Username posted:

this is staggering

angrydragon
angrydragons
angrypenguin
angrypenguins
angrypirate
angrypirates

The German list censors "eyes" and "bolshevik" :psyduck:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I think it's some kind of cosmic miracle that I've only run into 2 legitimate hackers in DS2 so far.

Dude was so bad he couldn't hit anything and then just disconnected his internet when he realised we were just going to stunlock him forever so he couldn't leave the bell tower.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Yeah actually it is. The ban word list is a byproduct of other players seeing your character's name instead of your account name: Through GFWL or Live or PSN, there are already systems in place to prevent offensive crap (which people get around easily). Since they can't monitor it, they took the easy way out to preserve the T rating and avoid offending people's sensibilities. In case you hadn't noticed there's no parsing on the ban word list so anything that contains the letters 'nig' (as in, Knight) in that order is gonna get censored. That's stupid and they were lazy about it.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure online portions don't need to be rated (which is why you'll see the dis-claimer "online interactions not rated by the ESRB" in a lot of games).

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Volt Catfish posted:

By the way, another question: Is there any viable equipment or progression for somebody who wants to do All Magic, Ever?

Honestly I just used the Archdrake Staff/Chime (available from Felkin before the Huntsman's Copse, so obtainable after killing Dragonrider) as soon as I could get them up until basically the end of the game where you get a "this is clearly the best" magic-only sorcery staff.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.
Is there any way to get a vendor with an unending supply of green herbs? I ask because I summoned a guy shirtless, fat and tanned guy named Cheech who just chain used green blossoms then ran off a cliff.

Edit: Seriously he must have gone through 20, I'm at the hosed up spooky forest with the fat guys with hooks and have only found like five.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
I've defeated the four big bosses but I'm missing the soul from the spider, am I meant to have one? I definitely didn't eat it, I've not touched any of the boss souls. The big spider before the man in the library.

Also I assume the 'symbol of the king' doors should open for me now, although I don't have anything in my inventory like that?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Maxmaps posted:

Is there any way to get a vendor with an unending supply of green herbs? I ask because I summoned a guy shirtless, fat and tanned guy named Cheech who just chain used green blossoms then ran off a cliff.

Edit: Seriously he must have gone through 20, I'm at the hosed up spooky forest with the fat guys with hooks and have only found like five.

Ornifex I think sells infinite after a certain point.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Zaphod42 posted:

Its kinda wonky, to be sure. It helps if you have the preorder DLC and the transgressor's staff, otherwise you have to use the lovely sorcerer's staff or whatever for a long time.

What's wrong with the sorcerer's staff? I thought it had better Magic scaling and cast speed than transgressor's. Worse Dark scaling, but still it's good for sorceries. Did I misunderstand the way the stats work? Because I've been using Sorcerer's the entire game so far.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Maxmaps posted:

Ornifex sells infinite in the post game before you go to ng+

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Maxmaps posted:

Yes but it requires you to beat the final boss. Ornifex sells an unlimited supply after that.

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

I've defeated the four big bosses but I'm missing the soul from the spider, am I meant to have one? I definitely didn't eat it, I've not touched any of the boss souls. The big spider before the man in the library.

Also I assume the 'symbol of the king' doors should open for me now, although I don't have anything in my inventory like that?

You should have one for that boss yes.

The "symbol of the king" doors aren't meant to open for you yet. You'll need to go to the Shaded Woods bonfire. When entering that bonfire's room, there should be staircases on either side of you, and three paths. Take the one on the left and you'll come to a Flexile Sentry mini-boss fight, and a place called The Shrine of Winter which will now open for you and let you get past the insurmountable pile of rubble.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

For hexing Sunset Staff is the best in the game, esp. with dark infusion (it hits sorceries but who gives a gently caress when you wield the dark).

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The spider boss has the soul on the floor actually.

You'll know when you have the symbol of the king, it's pretty clear when you get it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

It drops on the floor beneath the Dragons head.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

The German list censors "eyes" and "bolshevik" :psyduck:
Seriously, what is up with that? The last time I told someone I had something in my eye people were very much not aghast at the profanity I was spouting. Did anyone even double-check those entries?

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

For hexing Sunset Staff is the best in the game, esp. with dark infusion (it hits sorceries but who gives a gently caress when you wield the dark).

This is true but honestly by endgame PVE I felt like Great Lightning Spear and Great/Resonant Soul outclassed the staff-based hexes to the point that I didn't bother devoting a weapon slot to a hexing staff.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I have something stuck in my ***, I keep rubbing it but it's not helping

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Umberger posted:

This is true but honestly by endgame PVE I felt like Great Lightning Spear and Great/Resonant Soul outclassed the staff-based hexes to the point that I didn't bother devoting a weapon slot to a hexing staff.
For general non-boss usage, basic spells like Great Heavy Soul Arrow and Dark Bead remain viable pretty much throughout the entire game. I can poke most enemies for ~450 with either after pumping up my Black Witches' Stuff that someone gave me.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Welp, first hacker I've encountered with invulnerability. :(

e; scrap that, that makes two back to back. That, or I just ran into a red phantom who had 99 VIT at ~1.1mil SM (which is possible, I guess).

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Umberger posted:

Yes but it requires you to beat the final boss. Ornifex sells an unlimited supply after that.

Wait but I unlocked her and I only just started Drangleic Castle, hell I even unlocked her before killing The Duke's Dear Freja. So either I've broken the game or you're wrong?

Unless final boss means something beside 'the absolute last boss in the game in terms of the story'

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Maxmaps posted:

420 smoke blossom every day

Mzbundifund posted:

What's wrong with the sorcerer's staff? I thought it had better Magic scaling and cast speed than transgressor's. Worse Dark scaling, but still it's good for sorceries. Did I misunderstand the way the stats work? Because I've been using Sorcerer's the entire game so far.

I remember testing it and transgressors and finding it hit much weaker, but I'm not a master of the mechanics myself. It certainly doesn't seem bad, but IDK didn't seem great to me. I remember Archdrake and Transgressors and Amana staffs all hitting harder. But YMMV. :shrug:

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Spudd posted:

Wait but I unlocked her and I only just started Drangleic Castle, hell I even unlocked her before killing The Duke's Dear Freja. So either I've broken the game or you're wrong?

Does she sell an unlimited supply of Green Blossoms for you right now? The Wiki says she only carries 10 until you defeat the final boss. I never said anything about unlocking her, just going off what the Wiki says is the trigger for her to start carrying unlimited Blossoms.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The spider soul looks different from the other 3 souls. :darksouls:

Somebody in the console thread had the same problem. Or maybe you didn't pick it up.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Umberger posted:

Does she sell an unlimited supply of Green Blossoms for you right now? The Wiki says she only carries 10 until you defeat the final boss. I never said anything about unlocking her, just going off what the Wiki says is the trigger for her to start carrying unlimited Blossoms.

Ah ha you're correct it's only 10. My bad. :v:

Also it's just because you said 'requires you to kill the final boss' I just assumed that for the wording.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Broken Cog posted:

Well, according to Urban Dictionary it's

Thanks, FROM. Learn something new every day.

An undead who fart in he own mouth. A shameful undead.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Do I have to do the Third Chasm to Fight the darklurker? or can I do any of them?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I love the Skeleton Lord fight. Its not hard at all but I still enjoy doing it so much, its just fine to smash through an army of skeletons while awesome music plays. Hurrah for skeleton!

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

laplace posted:

loving

FASHION

Yo, what is this set? And where?

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Do I have to do the Third Chasm to Fight the darklurker? or can I do any of them?

You can do any of them, regardless of the order in which you completed them. Some people just choose to do the one under the floor in Drangleic Castle because it is right next to a bonfire, whereas the other two require a bit of a run back.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I love the Skeleton Lord fight. Its not hard at all but I still enjoy doing it so much, its just fine to smash through an army of skeletons while awesome music plays. Hurrah for skeleton!

Yeah I thought that one was pretty cool, it was a nice changeup from the battles beforehand, it had a pretty different mechanic / strategy for a dark souls boss but it was pretty intuitive to figure out (Don't kill them all as fast as you can, for once) and the lords themselves had a pretty cool look going on.

That said the real boss of that fight was The Bonewheels :colbert:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Internet Kraken posted:

I love that fight because of how you learn it.

"gently caress three skeletons at once? gently caress better burn some HP off them while they are coming down. Oh that was easy, maybe it's a joke boss. Oh gently caress bone wheels! Better get the other lords down before I die. poo poo there are more skeletons now what the hell."

And then you figure out what happened and it's not a bad fight at all.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
Ah gently caress this Darklurker poo poo. Another fight where getting to the boss is harder than the boss itself. :what:

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

RBA Starblade posted:

You'll like the gutter. :getin:

The torch makes that area totally manageable, honestly. It lights such a massive area around you, even having to one hand isn't really a huge handicap. I managed to make it through to the next area in two deaths, total. I had been ignoring my torch the whole playthrough though, so I had like 55 minutes of duration on it and could just keep it on the whole way through. For others that might not be the case.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I hope everyone dies on Skeleton Lords the first time (while going in blind). It's such a "haha gently caress - thanks From". To me it's one of the truest :darksouls: moments.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Umberger posted:

You can do any of them, regardless of the order in which you completed them. Some people just choose to do the one under the floor in Drangleic Castle because it is right next to a bonfire, whereas the other two require a bit of a run back.

It also only has three enemies, but Havel keeps leveling me :(

I guess I'll keep trying.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
The latest in bloodbro duel assholery: Jester's armor and super high ADP, fish around for backstabs and run off to drink estus in like 0.01s when you're about to die, repeat until you finally get your 1shot backstab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Vintersorg posted:

I hope everyone dies on Skeleton Lords the first time (while going in blind). It's such a "haha gently caress - thanks From". To me it's one of the truest :darksouls: moments.

I almost did. The horde overwhelming me and me not understanding the gimmick of the fight almost made me choke. My weapon nearly breaking on me didn't help either!