Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Licia and I traded killing blows, got nothing :what:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

:downs: aha so it's the wooden arrows I used. Makes sense I guess. Yeah the pools are drained and I started farting about in the next area.

I guess another trip wouldn't hurt(much). That shield did look neat. I'll try farming it!

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I lost all the bonus souls from the earthen peak boss kill in the next area because I stepped on a heated floor and the damage was ludicrous. Guess where my stain appeared? on the heated floor. Impossible to retrieve.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Mindblast posted:

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I lost all the bonus souls from the earthen peak boss kill in the next area because I stepped on a heated floor and the damage was ludicrous. Guess where my stain appeared? on the heated floor. Impossible to retrieve.

Get the fire quartz ring, flash sweat pyromancy, the highest fire resist armor you got, and pop an orange burr. Then sprint like a madman for those souls.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Mindblast posted:

:downs: aha so it's the wooden arrows I used. Makes sense I guess. Yeah the pools are drained and I started farting about in the next area.

I guess another trip wouldn't hurt(much). That shield did look neat. I'll try farming it!

Look in the area where you entered to fight Covetous Demon, a path should be open because of the drained poison.

As for Sydin's advice, pop the orange burr first. Also if you notice that your fire resist is 1000 or more, you won't take any fire damage.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
As much fun as it is being a Ratbro, I have to admit its hilariously unfair.

Okay, you get pulled into my world. First thing you see is an angry elephant charging at you. I'm probably behind that elephant, ready to toxic mist you if you back into a corner. Also watch your head, because about a dozen axes are raining down from above. Also be careful where you dodge because I'm placing lingering flames everywhere. If you somehow manage to survive the first room (you won't), there's still an entire Dwarf Fortress full of fun traps for you to die horribly too. And if I REALLY want to be an rear end in a top hat, I can use forbidden sun.

You don't lose anything for dieing though so I don't feel that bad. Also since I can no longer level up I'm basically a soul pinata so if someone does manage to beat me they'll get a nice prize.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 08:13 on May 1, 2014

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NG+ Lost Sinner: JESUS WHY

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, getting a steady stream of Sentinel invasions now, but few of them seem unprepared for the maniac charging at them with a claymore and little else.

Think I'm going a bit power mad with my victories though. I keep being a needless dick and chugging Estus over their corpse as it fades out, regardless of whether or not they hit me.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I have run into the strangest roadblock I've helped beat the chariot a good dozen times but I just can't beat it on my dual mace guy. I've only gotten to the actual fight twice, the skeletons and necromancers just keep stymieing me. Blocking me in or out of an alcove or on some very frustrating occasions just far enough out that I get clipped. I know it's not hard but I just can't pull it off and don't know why.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Anyone got a good build for a spell-sword type character? Mostly want fast movement (even if light armor), decent melee and good fire spells. I have no clue where to start because I barely played Dark Souls 1.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

poptart_fairy posted:

I've got nothing against people waiting for Bellbros to summon in and taking advantage of that, but the emote spam and smug little roll dance is kind of over-celebrating your victory, dude.

poptart_fairy posted:

Man, getting a steady stream of Sentinel invasions now, but few of them seem unprepared for the maniac charging at them with a claymore and little else.

Think I'm going a bit power mad with my victories though. I keep being a needless dick and chugging Estus over their corpse as it fades out, regardless of whether or not they hit me.

Funny how things change.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SirDan3k posted:

I have run into the strangest roadblock I've helped beat the chariot a good dozen times but I just can't beat it on my dual mace guy. I've only gotten to the actual fight twice, the skeletons and necromancers just keep stymieing me. Blocking me in or out of an alcove or on some very frustrating occasions just far enough out that I get clipped. I know it's not hard but I just can't pull it off and don't know why.

Take that fight slow. Find the skelemages and take them out, then let the chariot take out the regular skeletons for you. By the time you KO the chariot rider it should be a 1:1 duel.

I really hate the Copse just because it has one of the longest fire-to-boss runs in the game. My copse was completely empty by the time I beat the bosses there, I think at some point I just lost it and I was trying to rush through the bosses as quickly as possible when I should've been doing the opposite.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Is it just be or are half the people playing this game assholes? No joke, I had someone black crystal me away while I was summoned as a shade just before my time was up, denying me the un-hollowing and the spell restores.

Don't do that, folks. Just let the small sign shades pal around until the kill/time limit is up and they get their reward. They aren't after souls or boss fights usually.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

This is the worst of it, really. Not only did they give poison a super buff but you don't have access to good amounts of antidote until AFTER the poison sections are over. Poison resist doesn't do jack loving poo poo, either.

Kill the moths in the copse, all the moss you could ever want or need!

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Traitor Henk, the wondrous mantank of Lost Bastille.

Ironclad armor, elite knight boots, royal swordsman accessories. Two-handed Tower Shield + backup Dagger. Absorb every hammerstrike, deal 200+ damage to a Sentinel per shield whack. I'm also pretty good at holding down the room full of royal flambergers while the host splats the stragglers.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Today I learned that Stalin was not name-filtered. He was wielding a hammer and sickle like a good comrade. :3:

I just finished the goon Covetous Demon boss, and for whatever reason I am really dreading the next few areas. Maybe it's just that the overall look and feel to the tower I've stepped foot in reminds me too much of Sen's, but I hope it's short either way.

That said, I guess it won't matter since I can't remember the last time I went through an area solo. It's dangerous to go alone! SunBro all day, every day!

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
I was talking to the Brotherhood of Blood inviter when a message appeared below my feet. I stop to read it and it said something like "Trust in short man". :v:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

scamtank posted:

Traitor Henk, the wondrous mantank of Lost Bastille.

You run Redeye Ring with that build? It seems like it would be perfect, and make hosts like you.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

Didn't occur to me yet, whoops. The Sentinels really like pummeling me over the others anyway, so it's not a big loss.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So does anyone know which bosses you can summon bernhart for? I've already killed pursuer before he let me summon him and I'd like to get his stuff for free if possible.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

P_R_Deltoid posted:

I've been running into the wall, jumping back into the wall. Anything I can to be as close to the wall as possible. But it just happened a 4th time, in the cubby closest to the lever. Twice. I survived the first one, but the Estus didn't heal fast enough before he came around again.

Rolling through the wheel blade things is more reliable and gives you freedom of movement while dealing with the skeletons. I attempted the Chariot fight like 15-20 times yesterday (blind first play-through) and the skeleton run part became trivial once I realized roll worked better than hiding. Before that I'd hide in a cubby and the chariot would whack my shield or I'd keep the shield down and skeletons would get up and beat me to death right before it passed.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

So, I farmed up the two bleed stones I'd need to make my pair of Caestus-es a pair of BLOODY KNUCKLES!

Then I found out that Caestus can be any element...besides bleed. :sigh: Well, after a quick re-spec I've got FISTS OF THUNDER and 40 points into faith buffing my punches and my pyromancy. Though with that much pure faith I'll probably want to invest in a chime/miracles instead.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 09:19 on May 1, 2014

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Too bad intelligence doesn't buff lightning fists! (You want faith for thunderpunchin')

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Does the PC version actually support other languages or is it just funnin' me? I changed it to Japanese and nothing changed.

Also, short load times drastically improved the multiplayer experience.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Mzbundifund posted:

Too bad intelligence doesn't buff lightning fists! (You want faith for thunderpunchin')

Derp, meant to write Faith. I put it in the right stat in-game, I just wrote the wrong stat.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Internet Kraken posted:

As much fun as it is being a Ratbro, I have to admit its hilariously unfair.

Okay, you get pulled into my world. First thing you see is an angry elephant charging at you. I'm probably behind that elephant, ready to toxic mist you if you back into a corner. Also watch your head, because about a dozen axes are raining down from above. Also be careful where you dodge because I'm placing lingering flames everywhere. If you somehow manage to survive the first room (you won't), there's still an entire Dwarf Fortress full of fun traps for you to die horribly too. And if I REALLY want to be an rear end in a top hat, I can use forbidden sun.

You don't lose anything for dieing though so I don't feel that bad. Also since I can no longer level up I'm basically a soul pinata so if someone does manage to beat me they'll get a nice prize.

It's funny because I find Ratbro invasions incredibly easy to deal with. 99% of the time the Ratbro in question sits on an upper ledge expecting me to die to the enemies, and then when I don't tries to arrow/spell me to death. Except I always have more ammo than them, and eventually they come to fight, whereupon they meet my Greatsword +10. :getin: Unlike Bellbros or Dickwraiths who intentionally pimp themselves out with the best PvP tools, most Ratbros seem to think a handful of enemies + sniping will do the trick.

I spent like an hour farming Ratbros for lockstones and died only once, because the guy was actually smart and immediately rushed me head on while I was still mopping up the initial enemies in the area, and managed to overwhelm me. I'm not even that good at PvP; Ratbros just give me zero trouble for some reason. :v:

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Axel Serenity posted:

Today I learned that Stalin was not name-filtered. He was wielding a hammer and sickle like a good comrade. :3:

Ran into a couple of players when co-oping for Chariot, one called Adolf and the other Hitler.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Well I accidentally fell into this room full of spider webs but don't feel like beating the boss yet, is there any way out of here without homeward boning?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Alkydere posted:

So, I farmed up the two bleed stones I'd need to make my pair of Caestus-es a pair of BLOODY KNUCKLES!

Then I found out that Caestus can be any element...besides bleed. :sigh: Well, after a quick re-spec I've got FISTS OF THUNDER and 40 points into faith buffing my punches and my pyromancy. Though with that much pure faith I'll probably want to invest in a chime/miracles instead.

If you want bleed punches you can buy some sweet claws off the laddersmith dude. They come with bleed damage adn it gets pretty big when infused.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

If you want bleed punches you can buy some sweet claws off the laddersmith dude. They come with bleed damage adn it gets pretty big when infused.

Yeah, but are they anywhere as good as the Caestus, or do they have the same issue with armor that most other slash weapons do?

Nuebot posted:

Well I accidentally fell into this room full of spider webs but don't feel like beating the boss yet, is there any way out of here without homeward boning?

Nope, you're either going forward or using a bone.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Boy sure is loving fun getting invaded by the same guy that kills me from across the room because the hit detection in this game is atrocious. Maybe I wouldn't be annoyed so much if it wasn't happening in an area I BEAT THE BOSS IN. Why the hell can you be invaded in areas you've cleared now?

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
I sometimes genuinely don't know if a summon before a boss is NPC or player, until it begins parading around me tossing Hello's in the air.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Oh and gently caress reading three thousand posts. Have we settled on a ring god yet?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

I sometimes genuinely don't know if a summon before a boss is NPC or player, until it begins parading around me tossing Hello's in the air.

well the NPC summons are all characters you've met

scamtank posted:

Oh and gently caress reading three thousand posts. Have we settled on a ring god yet?

I don't really see much point in designating a specific goon god because any rando can still pick up the summon. You have to coordinate this stuff and let who's summoning you know exactly which far off corner you'll be in.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Alkydere posted:

Yeah, but are they anywhere as good as the Caestus, or do they have the same issue with armor that most other slash weapons do?

Nope, you're either going forward or using a bone.

They're slash weapons with worse scaling. Bleed is mostly for pvp anyway, the actual DoT part is pretty minimal.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

scamtank posted:

Go back and kill the Hippoclops before the witch's hut where you create your character. The ring that increases the poise damage you do is sexy on almost any builds.

dis astranagant posted:

They're slash weapons with worse scaling. Bleed is mostly for pvp anyway, the actual DoT part is pretty minimal.

That's what I thought. All of the fist weapons besides are the Caestus are slashing weapons. We've got anvils on sticks, anvils on chains, why can't I have miniature anvils on my fists? :(

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
Killed Nashandra, got super excited and immediately busted into NG+ without stockpiling huge amounts of titanite from the vendors :downs:

Still fun beating the poo poo out of her with my meat puppet NPC bros (RIP), and I can't wait to see what horrors lie beyond NG.

Lori
Oct 6, 2011
First/Second/Third Dragon Ring is a watered down Ring of Favor and Protection. Good rings, they are.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

oh wait, did they mean best ring? I was assuming they meant the co-op ring where you pick a god.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I have 35 hours of game time on my save and I only have two old souls and I am having a blast just getting all the weapons I use to +9. This game is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lori
Oct 6, 2011
They give out Titanite Slabs like candy, too