Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Notorious QIG posted:

dxhr was bad but hey i got a few hours out of it

dxhr is a good game with some crippling bugs and antiquated gameplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yodzilla posted:

dxhr is a good game with some crippling bugs and antiquated gameplay

no its bad, sorry. the gameplay is boring as gently caress, the art style is hideous, the boss battles are terrible, the plot was idiotic, and for as much as they advertised "play it YOUR way" its stupid as poo poo to try to be anything other than a stealthy dude. if i want to play a subpar stealth game i roll a new assassin in skyrim tyvm

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

That was a BAD business decision!
building a computer to jame is expensive :(

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

zonar posted:

it's worth it

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
the stealth was bad too

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

zonar posted:

literally the cheapest it has ever been

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

zonar posted:

buy a console

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

mods

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Notorious QIG posted:

no its bad, sorry. the gameplay is boring as gently caress, the art style is hideous, the boss battles are terrible, the plot was idiotic, and for as much as they advertised "play it YOUR way" its stupid as poo poo to try to be anything other than a stealthy dude. if i want to play a subpar stealth game i roll a new assassin in skyrim tyvm

the character costumes and environment design are fantastic. the character animation is loving awful though.

and yeah the plot is dumb and the boss battles were turds but it was a new deus ex dammit :(

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Sniep posted:

i have a ps vita with borderland on preorder cuz idk it sounded like fun and i got a couple games and stuff and im waiting for it to show up so i can dink with it and waste some time

hope you liked my story

I miss playing Broderlands so maybe I'll get a Vita and we can get a wrecking crew together

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yodzilla posted:

the character costumes and environment design are fantastic. the character animation is loving awful though.

and yeah the plot is dumb and the boss battles were turds but it was a new deus ex dammit :(

"a new deus ex"

the second game is piss-awful and the first one is overrated as all hell, why the gently caress would expect something incredible out of dxhr. the costumes and design are not fantastic and even if they were it doesnt matter because of the goddamned gold filter that makes me feel like im literally living inside of piss christ.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
u mad

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Notorious QIG posted:

"a new deus ex"

the second game is piss-awful and the first one is overrated as all hell, why the gently caress would expect something incredible out of dxhr. the costumes and design are not fantastic and even if they were it doesnt matter because of the goddamned gold filter that makes me feel like im literally living inside of piss christ.

i just remembered that you Kickstarted the Yogscast Minecraft clone so your opinions cant even affect me now

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
dxhr was pretty cool and saving whatshername from the plane crash was the best ~*moral decision*~ in gaming for all of that year

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

dxhr was not a good game and it received way too much praise. sorry that the truth hurts, if you want a game with a equally "good" gameplay but an actually interesting story and meaningful decisions and branching storyline play alpha protocol

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Epic Hamcat posted:

i just remembered that you Kickstarted the Yogscast Minecraft clone so your opinions cant even affect me now

i was drunk but fair enough

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Notorious QIG posted:

dxhr was not a good game and it received way too much praise. sorry that the truth hurts, if you want a game with a equally "good" gameplay but an actually interesting story and meaningful decisions and branching storyline play alpha protocol

lol

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

gently caress if i know in this situation that second picture makes no sense to me. hamcat please explain this to me

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

PipeRifle posted:

I miss playing Broderlands so maybe I'll get a Vita and we can get a wrecking crew together

If it's half as good as killzone mercenaries can I join you guys? :unsmith:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

alpha protocol's gameplay is poo poo but it's no shittier than dxhr and you get a good story with all the much-desired replayability and important decisions and whatnot. name literally one area that dxhr is better than ap

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

haveblue posted:

dxhr was pretty cool

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Notorious QIG posted:

alpha protocol's gameplay is poo poo but it's no shittier than dxhr and you get a good story with all the much-desired replayability and important decisions and whatnot. name literally one area that dxhr is better than ap

that one picture with the protagonist with his shirt off

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Notorious QIG posted:

Deus Ex: HR has better racist caricatures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He09JaBVZdE

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

stoutfish posted:

i will admit dxhr had the better marketing, yes

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Epic Hamcat posted:

did they jump ship with that money or something because lol

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

stoutfish posted:

Why I own multiple copies dot txt

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Broken Machine posted:

rest in peace big rizzle

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

oh my god i forgot how bad the video was

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/winterkewlgames/yogventures

quigs did you know you can cancel kickstarter pledges

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Broken Machine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pcos65qXQE

your move

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Adult Sword Owner posted:

oh my god i forgot how bad the video was

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/winterkewlgames/yogventures

quigs did you know you can cancel kickstarter pledges

they have my money already so i dont know what that would do

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Notorious QIG posted:

they have my money already so i dont know what that would do

have you considered death

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Notorious QIG posted:

alpha protocol owned but the gameplay is WAY shittier than dxhr. i beat it three times but the fourth one completely broke at the end so welp

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Should I just get this big rig

http://tech.woot.com/offers/hp-envy-intel-core-i7-gt640-desktop

$850

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
besides the fact that they stop updating 8 months ago i like that the yogscast "developer logs" are just completely silent footage of pre-alpha garbage that should never see the light of day

isn't yogscast like a multi-million dollar company with something like 30 employees and poo poo

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

the deadpan not-quite-steve-blum needs more grit

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

StabMasterArson posted:

current console status:

A bunch of my console friends are trading in their PS4s for Xbones so they can play Titanfall. They're that desperate.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

A bunch of my console friends are trading in their PS4s for Xbones so they can play Titanfall. They're that desperate.

why can't they do things beside play video games for a few years?

do they really need a next-gen fix that bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

two wrongs dont make a right

• Locked thread