Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Rap posted:

Hey cool because archives are down and I tried to view them, now when I try to view any thread list page I get an error message because it thinks I'm trying to view 2012's Football Funhouse. so basically nobody start any new threads please. I'd go complain about this in QCC but, see above

In the bottom right there's a date selector thing, change it to 2014. Pretty sure that should fix it but I'm on my phone and I think that fixed it when I did that once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
You're right but I can't see the date selector thing because I get kicked to an error page instead. Im trapped in robot hell

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I got back to regular viewing, but had to close and then open up my browser again.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rap posted:

Hey cool because archives are down and I tried to view them, now when I try to view any thread list page I get an error message because it thinks I'm trying to view 2012's Football Funhouse. so basically nobody start any new threads please. I'd go complain about this in QCC but, see above

I'll let them know but I have no idea who if anyone is dealing with that stuff now.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2014/05/02/source-dolphins-lb-koa-misi-doesnt-want-to-move-inside/

Dolphins linebacker Koa Misi apparently doesn't want to move to middle linebacker.

It's a week before the draft, but I'm not sure what the value of this as a pre-draft cloud of chaff would be. Seems more like an "lol dolphins" thing, with an added side benefit of them being put in a position where they just can't shuffle the guys who sucked last season around(even if Misi was the single good one).

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Forums Coder will fix the day, you know, that guy.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Catfish Noodlin posted:

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2014/05/02/source-dolphins-lb-koa-misi-doesnt-want-to-move-inside/

Dolphins linebacker Koa Misi apparently doesn't want to move to middle linebacker.

It's a week before the draft, but I'm not sure what the value of this as a pre-draft cloud of chaff would be. Seems more like an "lol dolphins" thing, with an added side benefit of them being put in a position where they just can't shuffle the guys who sucked last season around(even if Misi was the single good one).

poo poo he'd be a great middle linebacker what is he doing here. Put him at mlb put Jordan at wolb and Ellerbe at solb and fire wheeler into the sun

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Rap posted:

Did Halario leave something in his posts for you to find?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Thanks MV don't mean to make this a big deal.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Why, why do players do this. When is the last time this worked for a player who wasn't an absolute superstar??

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

God dammit now im trapped in the robot's limbo with Rap SOS SOS

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rap posted:

Thanks MV don't mean to make this a big deal.

Why, why do players do this. When is the last time this worked for a player who wasn't an absolute superstar??

Atlanta is switching to a base 3/4 defense in 2014 and they asked Osi to take a pay-cut because his usefulness and play time are decreased tremendously.

He told them no.

He's still on the team. But, I'm guessing they didn't even talk to him about playing OLB, because he's a "hand-in-the-dirt" rusher, and he has no idea how to beat the edge from a standing position. :jerkbag:

I'm just gonna leave this here.

http://arizonasports.com/40/1683622/Arizona-Cardinals-linebacker-John-Abrahams-threesack-day-puts-him-in-historic-company

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

commy gun posted:

God dammit now im trapped in the robot's limbo with Rap SOS SOS

log out and log back in

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

How can anyone truly hate Aaron Rodgers?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/packer...034994-nfl.html

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Until the guy asks him to stand next to him and says "you look taller on TV."

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

This is actually pretty cool and I hope this dude has success.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So if the Cowboys draft Manziel and he still manages to "blow" games becuase his defense gives up 500 yards per game, this :romo: still applies right?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

waah posted:

So if the Cowboys draft Manziel and he still manages to "blow" games becuase his defense gives up 500 yards per game, this :romo: still applies right?

Yes. If Manziel puts up 48 and his defense gives up 49, he's a choke artist just like Romo. I'm sure there's a dedicated team of bloggers working on a "Tony Homo"-like nickname for him as we speak.

Hopefully it all ends with Tony on a better team.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Azhais posted:

I'm sure there's a dedicated team of bloggers working on a "Tony Homo"-like nickname for him as we speak.

Johnny Man-Zeal

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I literally judge the competence of every football fan I meet on what they think about Tony Romo.

It's a really good indicator if their a poo poo fan or not.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

waah posted:

Depends on if he throws the back breaking INT late in the 4th driving for the go ahead score or not.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

A Man and his dog posted:

I literally judge the competence of every football fan I meet on what they think about Tony Romo.

It's a really good indicator if their a poo poo fan or not.

Football Fan Red Flags
  • Tony Romo is a choker / Tony Homo
  • ...but they get a scholarship! It's better than getting paid.
  • You knew you might hurt your head a couple of times before you signed up
  • Act like you've been there
  • I'd gladly deal with x if you paid me $yM a year
  • "thug"
  • "cleat-chasers"
  • These guys should be thankful someone's giving them a job

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Anals of History posted:

Football Fan Red Flags
  • "thug"
  • "cleat-chasers"

So basically "the opposite of a TFF poster"?

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

axeil posted:

So basically "the opposite of a TFF poster"?

Preeeeetty much.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Anals of History posted:

Football Fan Red Flags
  • "cleat-chasers"

Wait a minute, these are actually a real thing. At least in college anyway.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Anals of History posted:

Football Fan Red Flags
  • "thug"
  • "cleat-chasers"

-Ringz not used ironically
-Rivals Puns
-"My Fantasy Team"
-"You can't touch anybody anymore, everyone is a pussy now"

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Ok, what the gently caress is a cleat chaser?!?

I learn new things everyday from TFF

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Dango Bango posted:

Wait a minute, these are actually a real thing. At least in college anyway.

Think about when the term comes up.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

You forgot "They get paid to play a game. They need to stop complaining."

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
"You could call holding on every play."

"Its just a conspiracy against the Patriots. The NFL hates them."

"Put a dress on 'em!"

"Why do they even need a union anyways, they are being exploited"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Any variation of "this season is lost"

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

A lady who is interested in athletes either for money or notoriety. Usually followed up by some permutation of "can't rape the willing."

Febreeze posted:

-Ringz not used ironically
-Rivals Puns
-"My Fantasy Team"
-"You can't touch anybody anymore, everyone is a pussy now"

Yup on all of these.

Taerkar posted:

You forgot "They get paid to play a game. They need to stop complaining."

That's "I'd gladly deal with x if you paid me $yM a year," where x = concussions, depression, crippling disability, etc.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
After living with dedicated fantasy football people nothing bothers me more than that. Cheering for specific players, insisting on watching Vikings-Packers just to yell about Cordarelle Patterson in particular getting the touchdown. ugh

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

All fans are equal, but some fans are more equal than others.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

swickles posted:

"You could call holding on every play."

this is legit true

Linemen are literally coached to hold.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Febreeze posted:

-"My Fantasy Team"

Fantasy is fun as poo poo with your work buds, but talking about it to people not in your league is sad as poo poo.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

Fantasy is fun as poo poo with your work buds, but talking about it to people not in your league is sad as poo poo.

I talked so much poo poo during (and after I won) my league. It is fun to compete but I hated not being able to enjoy the games for what they were.

Don't think I'll be doing FF ever again.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Girls that love athletes.

Sweeney Tom posted:

Any variation of "this season is lost"

Well, only if you're a team that has made it to the playoffs several times in the last few years and/or it's only like Week 5.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Think about when the term comes up.

drat, I was so naive when I first read "cleat-chaser" just thinking money-hungry women/people. Why do so many football-related things have to circle back to rape? :(

Rap posted:

After living with dedicated fantasy football people nothing bothers me more than that. Cheering for specific players, insisting on watching Vikings-Packers just to yell about Cordarelle Patterson in particular getting the touchdown. ugh

This. I have been to a bar where a loud group of guys were cheering for their fantasy players. Including a guy wearing a Broncos jersey and cheering against them for one of his players.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Cleat chasers are definitely a thing, as are polo chasers (or visor chasers if you live in a cool part of the country).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

49ers exercised Aldon Smith's 2015 option. Good luck with that.

• Locked thread