Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Coldforge posted:

I wish they could, but I think that'd be a CBA violation. He'd have to hire a handler himself, or maybe his teammates could do it (though that might be a salary cap violation). Maybe his family could help, I don't know :(

Rapaport said that Smith and Baalke had an 'intense' come to Jesus meeting two days ago before he made the decision to pick up the option. Obviously only time will tell if it sinks in. I really hope he gets his poo poo straight, it'd be a shame to see so much talent derailed by repeated bad decisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I mean I'm just saying that Jake Locker, whom everyone agrees is bad, had a higher YPA, COMP% and rating. Even Fitzpatrick had a higher YPA and COMP%.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
All of those players have been in the league for years though, Glennon was thrust into the starting job midway through his rookie year.

I have no idea why I'm getting so invested in defending Mike Glennon on the internet right now.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I think it's because the small sample size makes you want to be more forgiving than I am. I look at his skinny body and 1st/2nd half splits and see that his completion percentage drops from 65 to 53, and his YPA drops from 7.2 to 5.2, which reads as fatigue/conditioning issues to me. I don't think you can be an NFL starter and require a closer to come in.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 00:48 on May 3, 2014

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Glennon at least had a camp and such before being thrown into the game. Freeman had enough time to read the "Welcome to Minnesota" brochure he picked up at the airport before being thrown in the game.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Quest For Glory II posted:

I mean I'm just saying that Jake Locker, whom everyone agrees is bad, had a higher YPA, COMP% and rating. Even Fitzpatrick had a higher YPA and COMP%.

Locker's not really a legit sample for anyone, because his stats are among the least representative in the league. Locker's 2013 statistically was pretty drat solid. Cutler with the Bears has had one season with a better rating than Locker last season. The bigger issue is that he's never played a full season, and that he had some huge games against weak opponents propping him up. He also only played two really good complete games out of 7, even though his efficiency stats are strong in some other games when he actually wasn't moving the ball for poo poo. 3rd down and 7, 4 yard pass completion type stuff. He's kind of in that Sam Bradford camp where in a bubble, the stats are good (really good in Bradfords case). Locker also was terrible his first two years, so his 2013 total statline isn't fooling anyone. Glennon on the other hand is a different situation. After his first game, he played better than serviceable for seven weeks in a row with one outlier game. He had an outstanding game against Seattle, and really kept them alive in a game they had no business playing, that the Bucs almost won. Then he fell off the face of the earth over the last five weeks, and his stats averaged out. However, he played very well as a whole for a rookie, with only 2 really terrible games, and several very strong ones, and he's got all the size and everything to where his ceiling isn't low. I'd absolutely give up a 4th for him at this point, because while the Bucs fell apart at the end of the season (and how could they not have, seriously), Glennon showed he can play well enough to be an asset when the team is clicking. He is definitely a guy that can make you feel a little better about your QB competition.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I feel like for competition it wouldn't kill Tennessee to kick the tires on Glennon because Locker is always going to be an injury risk, and they declined Jake's 2015 option. And some teams that draft a QB early could take Glennon with a 3rd day pick because it never hurts to have a young talented QB tandem, the same way Washington drafted RG3 and Cousins. You never know if that guy's gonna have to come in and start 8 games. That could easily happen in Tennessee. Whoever drafts Manziel should certainly have some sort of backup plan if Manziel gets hurt running.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jordan Gross went the Jeff Saturday route:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Coldforge posted:

I wish they could, but I think that'd be a CBA violation. He'd have to hire a handler himself, or maybe his teammates could do it (though that might be a salary cap violation). Maybe his family could help, I don't know :(

The Cowboys did it for Pacman Jones

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

He'll be a national television personality some day.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

That picture just screams "closeted homophobe and aryan fetish roleplayer".

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

FizFashizzle posted:

He'll be a national television personality some day.

not with those goofy rear end ears

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If we can accept Vulcan-Americans on our TV we can accept other non-ear-normative individuals.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Chichevache posted:

That picture just screams "closeted homophobe and aryan fetish roleplayer".

That's a picture of Matt Birk, not Sash

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Snap!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

That's a picture of Matt Birk, not Sash

:hfive:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I sent this to my buddy today(he's a huge Texans homer).

I'm drinking that sweet Raider purple drink!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

A Man and his dog posted:

I sent this to my buddy today(he's a huge Texans homer).

I'm drinking that sweet Raider purple drink!

cool story bro. Got any other memes for us?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
ITT post the most TFF memes you got.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Naw bro. Can you tell me how to fix my cirrhosis of the liver.

You guys we have a great show tonight. Jay-z, a probated Doltos, and the infamous Geno all on stage.

*Roots start playing

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

A Man and his dog posted:

Naw bro. Can you tell me how to fix my cirrhosis of the liver.

You guys we have a great show tonight. Jay-z, a probated Doltos, and the infamous Geno all on stage.

*Roots start playing
lol

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

commy gun posted:

"I don't root for teams, I root for players."

You usually see this in basketball but they're out there for football.

I'm trying to get a college football fan to follow some NFL stuff and its like baby steps-"Oh look, so and so used to play for your team, and now he's in the NFL".

I admit there are a few players who I really pull for regardless of where they are in the NFL and its mainly because they played for my college team and I can forgive them for not playing for my favorite pro team.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wtftastic posted:

I'm trying to get a college football fan to follow some NFL stuff and its like baby steps-"Oh look, so and so used to play for your team, and now he's in the NFL".

I admit there are a few players who I really pull for regardless of where they are in the NFL and its mainly because they played for my college team and I can forgive them for not playing for my favorite pro team.

I know a self-proclaimed "Falcons Fan" who is really just a complete UGA homer. Every time I watch a game with him and a passing down doesn't go right, he talks about how Aaron Murray would be a better option for Atlanta than Matt Ryan.

It's hell for me when Atlanta plays Detroit, even if the score is lopsided and half of Detroit's offense is a GA Tech Yellow Jacket.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Bigass Moth posted:

This draft is going to be great, the Browns have at least two shots in the first round to pick busts that can rival Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden in the same draft. What an historic day it may be.

A little late but however bad those busts will be, we'll give you Trent back for the worse of the two.

Hell, I'd take VY.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Nail Rat posted:

A little late but however bad those busts will be, we'll give you Trent back for the worse of the two.

Hell, I'd take VY.

VY in a Colts uniform would be a special kind of cruel since you could probably start him both games against Houston and it would be reasonable for the Colts to still win. Especially in Houston.

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug

MourningView posted:

not with those goofy rear end ears

NFL Network might give him a home.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

I know a self-proclaimed "Falcons Fan" who is really just a complete UGA homer. Every time I watch a game with him and a passing down doesn't go right, he talks about how Aaron Murray would be a better option for Atlanta than Matt Ryan.

he's probably right

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.
Vikings didn't pick up Christian Ponder's option. :dance:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

Well, that isn't exactly shocking.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Was Sherrod the worst pick in that 1st round? There's a few no brainers but I think like 20 of them have had their options picked up.

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug

Ozu posted:

Was Sherrod the worst pick in that 1st round? There's a few no brainers but I think like 20 of them have had their options picked up.

Gabbert?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

49ers didn't pick up Gabbert's option either

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Ozu posted:

Unsurprisingly the Bears, Bucs, nor the Falcons have picked up Gabe Carmini's 5th year option.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Ozu posted:

He's right up there with Blaine Gabbert.

e: Well, that depends on how you want to qualify it, I guess. One one hand you've got Sherrod, who has spent 3 years on the bench with various injuries, then on the other you've got Gabbert who has played more but it could certainly be argued that his playing time added negative value to the Jaguars offense, which Sherrod never had much opportunity to do.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 3, 2014

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

BlindSite posted:

Where the hell is he posing at?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

waah posted:

Where the hell is he posing at?

Rent-a-Room, gotta budget in retirement.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

This seems like typical offseason Brady

Also someone save this for the next time we yell at Bob

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
brady looks like a douche. get another hair implant tom your fivehead is showing

fat greasy puto fucked around with this message at 01:52 on May 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

fat greasy puto posted:

brady looks like a fag. get another hair implant tom your fivehead is showing

You're just jealous you can't get away with that fauxhawk

• Locked thread