Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Just played Bijor pt 1. (Pt 2. isn't available yet for me.) I was moved.

Hopefully pt 2 has rewards. Alternately, make pt 2.5 a farm mission.

e: Ah there it is, now to learn the real truth!

Nessus fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So I accidentally destroyed my infinite use fire extinguisher fed side thinking it was the limited use one. Any way for me to get another infinite use or will I always be in danger of running out of fire suppressant while doing dear leaders work?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Just replay the mission that gives it and grab a new one. Researcher Rescue I think?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Asimo posted:

Just replay the mission that gives it and grab a new one. Researcher Rescue I think?

Yeah, that's the one.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Asimo posted:

If you're a FedRom and want a fire extinguisher, team up with a Fed player who has that mission active and follow them to the sector where that mission takes place. You can follow them to the station map and grab one.

*unless they "fixed" it.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1105311

Post your hottest BOFF/Character!

:negative:

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Kurvi Tasch posted:

Nice! Is it possible to equip the fire brigade with extinguishers? Right now all they do is shoot.

I can't seem to find a way to change the equipment they use.

Mao posted:

Is the Bijor Foundry story only available to Federation captains?

Tried finding it by searching the Foundry and didn't see it.

Fed only right now, sorry. No easy way to copy missions over from fed to KDF :(

Asimo posted:

Doesn't the Undine ground STF give you one now too? Maybe that's the one with charges though.

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 4, 2014

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Wilekat posted:

Right, think I'm settling in to this nonsense again. Can I get an invite to chat and Nerds of Prey on Sarama@wilekat1 please?

You're in.

Subyng posted:

Requesting access to the goon channel and the wesley guide

Wiki name is subyng

In game name is Subyng

I don't know what the @ handle is.

Say something in local chat. "Name@handle: blah blah cocks blah" That's your @handle.

Pendevil
Jun 18, 2007
Think I got this right. Asking for the wiki, name is Pendevil

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

I hope someone's posted Tovan Khev at least once already.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Bieeardo posted:

I hope someone's posted Tovan Khev at least once already.

I just did, but somebody needs to post that picture of Tovan Gat.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Preechr posted:

I just did, but somebody needs to post that picture of Tovan Gat.

All done, along with a bonus picture of Commander Frankfurter.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16759401&postcount=29

Rotation Confusion
Jul 13, 2012

It's harder than it looks
FWIW the 'bars reset season 9 disease' fix I posted earlier has worked for my bars, but I am still getting doffs reset once a day or so. v0v

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Korgan posted:

You're in.

Say something in local chat. "Name@handle: blah blah cocks blah" That's your @handle.

Ah okay.

It's Subyng@chocochip

Thanks!

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Hi folks. Sorry if this is TL;DR, but I have to start somewhere. I'm the one who sent the scammer pics to Ludicro last week. This time I figured I'd nut up and post them directly.

This lad initially sent me a scam email, posing as a woman and asking for help moving several million dollars out of Cote d'Ivoire. After a few email exchanges the lad became a man and asked to join my church with the goal of applying for a sizable education grant (he can receive up to $50k for studying such fields as Astronauticism, Plasticology or even Briquet Making). Once I started making progress with him and getting him used to the church's love of photographs, I decided to turn the bait into a subtle (ok, sort of subtle) homage to you guys.

Over the past year and a half or so I've been lurking in the forums here (I did make a couple of small posts...) and followed the advice I've picked up. The result is that my ship builds are better (go Fleet Sulu!), I can hold my own in Kerrat without embarrassing myself and I've ground enough contra and ec to make myself if not space rich, then at least a respectable space middle class. However I look at it, I've done well off of you guys and this is just a twisted way to get some poor, criminal schmuck to say "thanks" for me.

This week the lad was given instructions to make (at least) 12 photos with 4 different signs.

And the result:

Also:

I'm still waiting on the last two sets but in the meantime you can view the latest pics here - http://imgur.com/a/CiEKg

LordCo fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 4, 2014

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

LordCo posted:

Hi folks. Sorry if this is TL;DR, but I have to start somewhere. I'm the one who sent the scammer pics to Ludicro last week. This time I figured I'd nut up and post them directly.

This lad initially sent me a scam email, posing as a woman and asking for help moving several million dollars out of Cote d'Ivoire. After a few email exchanges the lad became a man and asked to join my church with the goal of applying for a sizable education grant (he can receive up to $50k for studying such fields as Astronauticism, Plasticology or even Briquet Making). Once I started making progress with him and getting him used to the church's love of photographs, I decided to turn the bait into a subtle (ok, sort of subtle) homage to you guys.

Over the past year and a half or so I've been lurking in the forums here (I did make a couple of small posts...) and followed the advice I've picked up. The result is that my ship builds are better (go Fleet Sulu!), I can hold my own in Kerrat without embarrassing myself and I've ground enough contra and ec to make myself if not space rich, then at least a respectable space middle class. However I look at it, I've done well off of you guys and this is just a twisted way to get some poor, criminal schmuck to say "thanks" for me.

This week the lad was given instructions to make (at least) 12 photos with 4 different signs.

And the result:

Also:

I'm still waiting on the last two sets but in the meantime you can view the latest pics here - http://imgur.com/a/CiEKg

Hero of the Goonion. My goodness.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

amazing

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Can't believe I've waited this long to try it out. Can I get an invite? Dong@senordingd0ng

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

KUSHANGAZA!

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

LordCo posted:

Bishop Gash Vagisil

Yes. loving yes. Thank you so much for this good sir.

Rotation Confusion
Jul 13, 2012

LordCo posted:

this is almost as good as "I AM SERIOUS NOW" which is high, high praise.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

300 Earth Dollars posted:

this is almost as good as "I AM SERIOUS NOW" which is high, high praise.

Thanks. I actually do have a few of those under my belt as well, but due to the subject matter I use something other than a laptop.

LordCo fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 4, 2014

Solaren
Jul 3, 2007

Just started playing again; turns out the game is decently fun these days. Too bad I chose to come back at the start of the Undine stuff, oh well.

If I could get a channel invite it would be much appreciated. Nevreux@jchambers5

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

I am a baddie and keep exploding in Vicious Cycle when there isn't someone better around to take all the heat. I need help understanding why I'll be doing fine for a while then suddenly lose a shield facing in one shot and be boom'd shortly after.

Edit:

Mondian posted:

Well it'd help if you gave up your @handle so we can gateway spy you and tell you why your ship is poo poo.

@scorvusson

I'm not finished building it, I swear!

CheeseThief fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 5, 2014

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Well it'd help if you gave up your @handle so we can gateway spy you and tell you why your ship is poo poo.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

3rd set has arrived.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Pendevil posted:

Think I got this right. Asking for the wiki, name is Pendevil

Who are you in game? :v:

Subyng posted:

Ah okay.

It's Subyng@chocochip

Thanks!

[1:40] [System] User "@chocochip" not found.
Well that didn't work.

thunderspanks posted:

Can't believe I've waited this long to try it out. Can I get an invite? Dong@senordingd0ng

Solaren posted:

If I could get a channel invite it would be much appreciated. Nevreux@jchambers5

You're both invited.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

LordCo posted:

The greatest pictures to grace the forums

We found him, guys. We found Dear Leader.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

CheeseThief posted:

I am a baddie and keep exploding in Vicious Cycle when there isn't someone better around to take all the heat. I need help understanding why I'll be doing fine for a while then suddenly lose a shield facing in one shot and be boom'd shortly after.

The high yield torps/rifts pack quite a punch, avoid all the gunk floating around and don't get sucked in, you'll probably be fine.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

4th and final set

That's the works, folks. All images are in the same album at https://imgur.com/a/CiEKg

I'm getting from his last email that he's a little fed up with the photos so from this point on, any photo requests will have to be built into the applications he will be filling out to get his money. The first up will be the membership app that he'll get later this week. This app is 20+ pages with a baptism at the end and if you like, you guys are welcome to look it over and request some custom additions.

Rotation Confusion
Jul 13, 2012

just plain lol

i cannot deal with "baptism"

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

Morglon posted:

The high yield torps/rifts pack quite a punch, avoid all the gunk floating around and don't get sucked in, you'll probably be fine.

The rifts exploding does a huge amount of damage. If you get hit by those AND by the death star beams from the surrounding ships it's very easy to die. I kept thinking I was getting hit by gozer torps but apparently that's not the case. "Rift Collapse" is the thing that did a shitload of damage to me at least.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

LordCo posted:

4th and final set

That's the works, folks. All images are in the same album at https://imgur.com/a/CiEKg

I'm getting from his last email that he's a little fed up with the photos so from this point on, any photo requests will have to be built into the applications he will be filling out to get his money. The first up will be the membership app that he'll get later this week. This app is 20+ pages with a baptism at the end and if you like, you guys are welcome to look it over and request some custom additions.

You are the messiah of STO goons.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
There's something new from the enraged Germans about the Diligram hack.

Apparently they are blaming someone with the handle @qyen and want to know if he's in SFD (when they aren't blaming @lake1771 because they aren't reading my post right). Anybody know anything?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Atrayonis posted:

There's something new from the enraged Germans about the Diligram hack.

Apparently they are blaming someone with the handle @qyen and want to know if he's in SFD (when they aren't blaming @lake1771 because they aren't reading my post right). Anybody know anything?

We looked him up last week and he's in one of the brony fleets, Nightguards of Equestria iirc. No idea how he's being linked to us, nobody had heard of him when I brought him up.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Had a lot of fun running through story missions on my own last night, pew pew'ed my way to level 10 and got a new ship. Decided to go with a Romulan tactical build and I'm really liking it so far.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Actually, I remember really getting some of those Equestria guys mad awhile back. Like, months back, and he may have been present for that. The @name looks familiar. They challenged me to ground PVP, 2v1, and lost horribly.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Do I understand this right that SFD doesn't even have to do anything to get people mad at them? It's like you created a perpetuum mobile of anger.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Today is Marc Alaimo's (Dukat) birthday.

Galor up!

e: Sorry for misspelling this great actor's name.
e2: Buy my poo poo on the exchange so I can buy 2 Galors (and have a full set of piss beams).

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Acer Pilot posted:

Today is Marc Alamo's (Dukat) birthday.

Galor up!

How does a man Galor without a Galor?

• Locked thread