Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Shelf Adventure posted:

They know that but it's not like many people will buy the American version instead, and if someone was going to buy it they're probably not going to stop because it is cheaper in another country - they'll just buy it and complain about it. It's really crap from a consumer point of view, but I can't see it changing for a while, especially when they've got region locks in place which makes it more difficult to take advantage of regional differences in prices.

Don't forget there's also 40€ worth of DLC in this game. :newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If they undercut the shops or offer reasonable prices shops will stop carrying their poo poo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Katana Gomai posted:

Mario Golf?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

MonkeyforaHead posted:

I just turned on my 3DS for the first time in a couple weeks and was coming here to ask what the gently caress they're trying to do pushing this nightmarish shovelware-looking garbage onto my system.

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball actually owns and is far from shovelware.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Sorry, got my games mixed up. "Season pass" (lol) is only 12€.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

MonkeyforaHead posted:

I just turned on my 3DS for the first time in a couple weeks and was coming here to ask what the gently caress they're trying to do pushing this nightmarish shovelware-looking garbage onto my system.

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball owns and I'm sorry that you have such terrible taste that you're not even willing to give it a shot. :colbert:

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011

Artix posted:

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball owns and I'm sorry that you have such terrible taste that you're not even willing to give it a shot. :colbert:

The 3DS library has greatly increased since 2012, you know. You don't have to pretend games are good to justify owning the system.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rusty's Real Deal is legit great. Not sure why people have to keep claiming it's some "ironic" thing to like it but it's a fun game to play between the bigger titles.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

It's the weird name and character design I guess. Personally, I haven't read an opinion from anyone who actually played it who didn't like it.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

StevenM posted:

The 3DS library has greatly increased since 2012, you know. You don't have to pretend games are good to justify owning the system.

It's a legitimately good game, and I regret that you are unable to get over your own preconceived notions to actually try what's effectively a free demo. :colbert:

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

It's a legitimately good game, and I regret that you are unable to get over your own preconceived notions to actually try what's effectively a free demo. :colbert:

I too am sorry you have terrible tastes in games and have to rely on rebuttals such as "b-but you didn't REALLY play it!". Perhaps you would like to make your next purchase an iPhone. :smug:

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I dropped two dollars on Rusty's Real Deal Baseball to get the batting minigame and thought it was pretty great. Well worth my modest investment.

I think a lot of people just have the preconceived notion that free to play games are inherently bad. That notion is starting to erode on other platforms, but as a new concept on the 3DS I expect Rusty is experiencing some serious (and undeserved) pushback.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

From most accounts Rusty's a pretty cool game and the Submarine F2P game also has a lot of love. Personally, I'm annoyed Rusty's another game we are missing out in Europe. The list just keeps getting bigger.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

StevenM posted:

I too am sorry you have terrible tastes in games and have to rely on rebuttals such as "b-but you didn't REALLY play it!". Perhaps you would like to make your next purchase an iPhone. :smug:

pretty rich coming from somebody who had a similar hissy fit over Last Of Us lol

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
When they announce the rewards for Club Nintendo gold/platinum is there a period of time to upgrade to the level you want or do you have to be set before they do?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I believe you already have to have qualified, but I could be mistaken.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is a good game. The sound design is great (the crack of the bat is really satisfying), the 3D is awesome, and the minigames have a surprising amount of variety considering they're all based around one sport. They also get really freaking hard.

The characters themselves are really charming, too. Rusty really grew on me over the course of the game, to the point that I was buying new minigames mostly for the plot rather than playing them (but like I mentioned before, the minigames are legitimately interesting). It's a fun game and it's full of charm and if you're jumping to conclusions without actually having played it the only real loser here is you.

Sorry, it's the truth. :colbert:

kurona_bright fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 4, 2014

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Gonna chime in and say that I absolutely love Rusty's and it's one of my most played 3DS games in recent memory. The challenges were cool and there's a huge variety of them, they were fairly challenging and there's no shortage of content. My only complaints are that the "Gear Games" minigame is lame gyro control bullshit, and the "Bat Carving" minigame isn't really a game compared to the rest. "Cage Match" and "Bat & Switch" are probably my top two favorites, I keep coming back to them to do the endless mode to beat my high score.

I think the whole buying/haggling minigames thing was pretty weird and I'm not really sure how I feel about it, but most of the minigames are genuinely really good. If I want something small, short & fast-paced to play, it's my go-to game - where it used to be Tetris Axis or Bird & Beans, now it's Rusty's.

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

pretty rich coming from somebody who had a similar hissy fit over Last Of Us lol

When TLOU is a Nintendo game that wants you to haggle for DLC then you might almost be relevant and paid attention to

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is awesome and I think it's funny I just got done reading the Playstation Deals thread where StevenM was having a similarly autistic hissyfit about people liking Spec Ops and I guess he did the same thing for The Last of Us judging by that other post? Seems like this is one tough motherfucker you do NOT want to enjoy certain video games around

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

absolutely anything posted:

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is awesome and I think it's funny I just got done reading the Playstation Deals thread where StevenM was having a similarly autistic hissyfit about people liking Spec Ops and I guess he did the same thing for The Last of Us judging by that other post? Seems like this is one tough motherfucker you do NOT want to enjoy certain video games around

What's the full deal here, can I get a summary?

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Well this has been a couple days full of surprises. I was finally assed enough to get through Find Mii a second time which unlocked a bunch of poo poo I had no idea was there, I finally checked out reviews of the Mii Plaza DLC games and got a sweet Gradius-alike, Rusty's is actually a Nintendo title (seriously though it LOOKS like the lowest form of shovelware at first glance), it's pretty good, there's a game mechanic to discount the actual minigame costs... I guess this is what I get for being out of the loop.

Flash forward to a couple years from now, though, once EA has swiped the haggling mechanic and uses incentives packaged in related products to allow you to get discounts on new releases just to bring them down to standard retail price :gonk:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

StevenM posted:

When TLOU is a Nintendo game that wants you to haggle for DLC then you might almost be relevant and paid attention to

I'm paying plenty of attention to these spec ops posts and boy are you a massive goober

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

absolutely anything posted:

Look at this guy, enjoying video games like a chump. :smuggo:

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

Cloks posted:

Look at this guy, enjoying video games like a chump. :smuggo:

Clearly we all have terrible tastes in games and should buy an iPhone. :eng101:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Katana Gomai posted:

If only Rusty sold the DLC in this one too :colbert:

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Gonna chime in and say that I absolutely love Rusty's and it's one of my most played 3DS games in recent memory. The challenges were cool and there's a huge variety of them, they were fairly challenging and there's no shortage of content. My only complaints are that the "Gear Games" minigame is lame gyro control bullshit, and the "Bat Carving" minigame isn't really a game compared to the rest. "Cage Match" and "Bat & Switch" are probably my top two favorites, I keep coming back to them to do the endless mode to beat my high score.

I think the whole buying/haggling minigames thing was pretty weird and I'm not really sure how I feel about it, but most of the minigames are genuinely really good. If I want something small, short & fast-paced to play, it's my go-to game - where it used to be Tetris Axis or Bird & Beans, now it's Rusty's.
Doesn't Rusty even say something to the extent of "well this one isn't really a game" for the bat carving one?

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Well this has been a couple days full of surprises. I was finally assed enough to get through Find Mii a second time which unlocked a bunch of poo poo I had no idea was there, I finally checked out reviews of the Mii Plaza DLC games and got a sweet Gradius-alike, Rusty's is actually a Nintendo title (seriously though it LOOKS like the lowest form of shovelware at first glance), it's pretty good, there's a game mechanic to discount the actual minigame costs... I guess this is what I get for being out of the loop.

Flash forward to a couple years from now, though, once EA has swiped the haggling mechanic and uses incentives packaged in related products to allow you to get discounts on new releases just to bring them down to standard retail price :gonk:
Ol' Peter Moore needs help watching his kids ever since his wife left him, and his multi billion dollar shop isn't doing so well these days, please buy Madden 2020 to help him out!

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I was hitting 600+ foot homeruns thanks to the bat carving mini-game. Was worth it. Initially I had negative feelings about Rusty's Baseball, then I tried it and realized how wrong I was. Rusty's got like 10 kids to feed, throw him a couple of dollars!

Desrever
Nov 23, 2004

katkillad2 posted:

I was hitting 600+ foot homeruns thanks to the bat carving mini-game. Was worth it. Initially I had negative feelings about Rusty's Baseball, then I tried it and realized how wrong I was. Rusty's got like 10 kids to feed, throw him a couple of dollars!

I can barely brake 400. How are all you guys getting over 600?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Desrever posted:

I can barely brake 400. How are all you guys getting over 600?

I wish I knew, I couldn't replicate the bat I made that was hitting 600+ feet homeruns while trying to make a bat that maybe could hit them farther.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Wow Rusty's IS really good. I just finished all the Basic courses in the batting cage game and not only is it super satisfying, but the tickets, donuts and items you accumulate really do their job of makin you look forward to the haggling. I threw down $10 knowing I'll grab other games but I may have to spend another $10 on the others. Speaking of, how low can you haggle the games?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Googling brought up this:

quote:

Haggling/Story-Unlocking Games
1st game: $2.00
2nd game: $1.90
3rd game: $1.80
4th game: $1.70
5th game: $1.60
6th game: $1.00

Discount Coupon Games
All four games: $1.50

The lowest price for all games comes in at $16. And $1.50 appears to be the lowest you can get the Discount Coupon games.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Googling brought up this:
Once you're at the lowest point the neglected puppy you adopt/watch/whatever will chime in to tell you. Apparently you can get extra discount tickets from getting street passes too

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Remember that all the games that require discount coupons aren't necessary for progressing the story (I personally haven't bought them myself).

I think maybe my favorite games were the fielding ones. The gyroscope works surprisingly well in the one that requires it, and the one where you catch grounders and stuff feels really satisfying when you dive for a ball just out of reach and grab it.

kurona_bright fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 4, 2014

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I keep hearing you guys talking about Rusty's and keep getting tempted to try it but for the flashbacks of people going nuts over Bad Rats.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
No seriously, Rusty's is legit good. If you're really that leery, he gives you a demo that lets you play three minigames before you have to drop $2.00 to continue, and from there you can buy any game you want.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I picked up Rusty's today precisely because that guy got so mad about it. Seems pretty charming and even just the first game is kinda addicting.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

Meldonox posted:

I keep hearing you guys talking about Rusty's and keep getting tempted to try it but for the flashbacks of people going nuts over Bad Rats.
You'll know if you like it or not from the demo.

kurona_bright posted:

I think maybe my favorite games were the fielding ones. The gyroscope works surprisingly well in the one that requires it, and the one where you catch grounders and stuff feels really satisfying when you dive for a ball just out of reach and grab it.
I like all of them except gear games. The umpire one and hitting ones are my favorite :v:

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Am I absolute 100% right when I say that I can't get Rusty's in the EU?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

a_big_dog posted:

Am I absolute 100% right when I say that I can't get Rusty's in the EU?

Yes.

It's not that big of a deal, really. I suspect Americans are trying to brag about a lovely microtransactioned sports game about baseball for the love of god. Hopefully everyone can see thru their ruse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

Rexroom posted:

Yes.

It's not that big of a deal, really. I suspect Americans are trying to brag about a lovely microtransactioned sports game about baseball for the love of god. Hopefully everyone can see thru their ruse.

Are you joking? I can't tell.