Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

FauxGateau posted:

You know what would've been cool. If the longer you let Lucia live the more your NPCs start to disappear from Majula.

Wasn't there an NPC like that in Demon's Souls? Somebody the Chieftain or something, you rescue him in the swampy area, and then he starts murdering all your friends in the nexus.

Edit: yeah what Tracula said at the end of last page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
Smelter Demon is an easy boss.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

I didn't meet Cromwell until after I finished the Pate/Creighton sidequest and used the Crush Eyed Orb and I didn't have any sin, so take that for what it's worth.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

Also man people are being way over generous calling Drangleic Castle the mid point. It's more like the 75% marker.

If Dark Souls has taught me anything it's that nerds do not understand how percentage points work. I saw someone on another forum calling 3 main souls save The Rotten "40-45%."

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Sivek posted:

I didn't meet Cromwell until after I finished the Pate/Creighton sidequest and used the Crush Eyed Orb and I didn't have any sin, so take that for what it's worth.

Cromwell doesn't get rid of sin. He just makes NPC's de-aggro if you pissed one off. They do an awful job explaining this.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Tracula posted:

Cromwell doesn't get rid of sin. He just makes NPC's de-aggro if you pissed one off. They do an awful job explaining this.

Especially since an identical looking NPC with a nearly identical looking process did actually remove sin in the previous game.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Crigit posted:

Revenge and justice are not the same thing. No matter how much we try to justify still having the death penalty on the books.

I'm not sure this point holds up so well when you get sin for anyone dying in Creighton vs. Pate, even if you did nothing.

It's likely an oversight like that.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Ohhh that's what makes it so powerful.
I think another factor that might make it a good weapon is that in PvP your opponent won't really be able to tell what you're going to do. Switching from your sword to a staff screams "incomming magic", while with Blue Flame you can throw a Soul Spear out of nowhere.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 4, 2014

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Tracula posted:

Cromwell doesn't get rid of sin. He just makes NPC's de-aggro if you pissed one off. They do an awful job explaining this. That is backwards as gently caress.

How does it work then? I finally came across him while doing endgame stuff and asked him for a pardon and I get "You have not sinned" message.

Also getting summoned in Brightstone with well over 3 mil SM to fight a non NG+/bonfire'd boss is a testament to how many people are playing this game, even when you think you're a million SM over what should work, just drop down a sign and you're basically guaranteed to get a hit if you're in an area for more than five minutes.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

FauxGateau posted:

You know what would've been cool. If the longer you let Lucia live the more your NPCs start to disappear from Majula.

She doesn't seem outright malevolent, she just stole stuff from the crypt, I think. And tries to stab you as the nameless usurper, apparently.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Sivek posted:

How does it work then? I finally came across him while doing endgame stuff and asked him for a pardon and I get "You have not sinned" message.

As I said he just de-aggros any NPC you made mad. That's the 'sin' he's talking about, not the actual sin points you build up. You can't ever fully get rid of sin, only get it knocked down to 9 (one point below being a sinner) by getting killed by blue cops.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its sad that this game doesn't have its own Yurt/Laurentius. I liked those guys, even if they were assholes that killed your friends.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
I'm terrible at PvP, I think its because I don't commit to my attacks enough and bandy about like an idiot until they kill me :smith:

Or do poo poo like not get my power stance ready.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Okay so... what the hell do I do to kill these giants to get the four souls? I'm getting wrecked. Shield is worthless and it's hard to dodge them and attack when there is more than one.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Gamerofthegame posted:

She doesn't seem outright malevolent, she just stole stuff from the crypt, I think. And tries to stab you as the nameless usurper, apparently.

She tries to kill you twice actually, once in the Crypt and once in the Castle. Also if you talk to her she kind of slips and says some evil-ish sounding stuff.

Edit: Misread post :doh:

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 4, 2014

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Splurgerwitzl posted:

Okay so... what the hell do I do to kill these giants to get the four souls? I'm getting wrecked. Shield is worthless and it's hard to dodge them and attack when there is more than one.

Run like hell. If the whole army of Drangelic had a trouble time doing it, why are you trying to? No but seriously, no point in doing so when you only have around 5 minutes in the memory.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Do the basilisks in Shaded Woods drop darkstones as well as the other ones, or should I look elsewhere?

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Splurgerwitzl posted:

If you're talking about the Memory of X giants, you get the giant souls just by reaching the end of the level. You can also get some easy giant souls in Black Gulch using the little cove side-room as cover and poison arrows.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Shindragon posted:

Run like hell. If the whole army of Drangelic had a trouble time doing it, why are you trying to? No but seriously, no point in doing so when you only have around 5 minutes in the memory.

Oh ok. I didn't really understand what the hell was going on from Dragon Aegis forward.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
There's a fair bit of stuff in one of the memories though, the one in the Pursuer area. For example there's a room with a giant inside of it that has a Grand Lance and something else, you need to hit one of the wooden contraptions on top of the building so that it lowers a platform that allows you to jump inside through a hole in the wall. You can take care of the giant beforehand through another hole with ranged attacks though.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 4, 2014

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

FailAtMagic posted:

The absolutely worst thing is that the mouse clicks have some freaking lag and when you spam clicking nothing happens while if you spam the attack key on the keyboard it works normally really loving dumb

this is completely true. it's a night and day difference between keyboard/mouse and controller. i went from dying all the time to only dying half the time :)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The giants aren't that big of a deal, just beat them up and steal their stuff like you would any other enemy. If you can take out the drake keepers you can take out the giants.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So I am NG+ with 1.9 Million SM at Level 100 and I am trying to help people with bosses, thing is I never get summoned, is my level too low for NG+ or something?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Manatee Cannon posted:

The giants aren't that big of a deal, just beat them up and steal their stuff like you would any other enemy. If you can take out the drake keepers you can take out the giants.

Giants aren't that big of deal.

*Ignores the Giants that have pyromancy*

:colbert:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Shindragon posted:

Yeah, giants can be pretty bullshit. Don't the ones with clubs just smash right through your guard as well? Hell, I've noticed a few enemies do that and I don't remember that being much the case in DeS or DaS1 where stuff could just go "lol gently caress your shield"

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Shindragon posted:

You can one-shot those guys with Great Resonant Soul, so they aren't so bad when they die before they can do anything to you.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Internet Kraken posted:

Its sad that this game doesn't have its own Yurt/Laurentius. I liked those guys, even if they were assholes that killed your friends.
Laurentius is the pyromancer. I'm guessing you mean Lautrec.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Kimmalah posted:

You can one-shot those guys with Great Resonant Soul, so they aren't so bad when they die before they can do anything to you.

Not everyone runs a hex build. Besides the argument is the 5 minute limit. It's best to just run away and just keep going.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Shindragon posted:

Not everyone runs a hex build. Besides the argument is the 5 minute limit. It's best to just run away and just keep going.

I know, I'm just saying if you do they are fairly easy to deal with.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I beat Velstadt and then went and beat the throne watcher and defender, not sure where to go next though anyone want to give me a push in the right direction? After beating those two there was a door on an island, but I couldn't figure out how to get over there.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

Fat_Cow posted:

So I am NG+ with 1.9 Million SM at Level 100 and I am trying to help people with bosses, thing is I never get summoned, is my level too low for NG+ or something?

I havent started ng+ yet and am sitting at 3m SM and level 150ish...just finishing up some guys in ng, so might be a bit low.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Reason posted:

I beat Velstadt and then went and beat the throne watcher and defender, not sure where to go next though anyone want to give me a push in the right direction? After beating those two there was a door on an island, but I couldn't figure out how to get over there.

Go use that King's Ring you got after Velstadt and use it to open a large door that asks you "Produce the Symbol of the King" in the Shaded Woods.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fat_Cow posted:

You're at the soul memory I'm at on NG, so probably.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Manatee Cannon posted:

For whatever reason the drake keepers were super easy for me and these guys are fuckers.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

What exactly triggers the Dragon Aerie bridge to fall? I was fighting an invader there my first time crossing it and after a while it collapsed and killed us both.

That was one of the coolest things in the game.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
Can someone spoiler tag how I choose my ending and/or get to ng+? I just got out of the credits cutscene.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

snergle posted:

Can someone spoiler tag how I choose my ending and/or get to ng+? I just got out of the credits cutscene.

It's an option at the Majula bonfire

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Sivek posted:

What exactly triggers the Dragon Aerie bridge to fall? I was fighting an invader there my first time crossing it and after a while it collapsed and killed us both.

That was one of the coolest things in the game.

Break every dragon egg you see. :v:

Every dragon egg that gets break increases the chances of it showing up. Break them all? Yeah mostly likely going to show up pissed off and drop on the bridge.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

FauxGateau posted:

You know what would've been cool.

Spoiling who the traitorous npc of this game is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Ciaphas posted:

It sort of annoys me that there's so much slashing resistance out there. I like choppy slicy things more than blunt smashy things on the whole :(

You ain't seen how thrust damage gets shafted in DS2, thrust feels drat mediocre against tons more things. Although thrust weapons generally have high critical damage mults.