Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
Does anyone have a screenshot of Viggen's last custom title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Thanks to whoever recommended Automation. I've been having way too much fun playing the demo and tweaking my 600bhp 5.4 liter four banger race motor that revs to 8400 RPM. :v:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I'll have to give that Automation a try, sounds entertaining.

Cleaned the shed and made a sign to hang on the front of it directing UPS/USPS/FEDEX to put packages inside the shed so the neighbors dog doesn't eat them. Cleaning wasn't as bad as expected...empty shed, fill trash bags with junk, put useful stuff back in the shed. Have to make a dump run tomorrow afternoon.

Weather is awesome but I have no energy to do anything, pretty sure my body hates me. At least I can sit on the front porch with a book and listen to music though I'll pry fall asleep pretty quick. Think I should start bugging my doctors again but all they'll say is eat/sleep more and listen to your body, same poo poo they've been saying as long as I can remember.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Taking this here instead of derailing DrPains shop thread.

You Am I posted:

One of dad's friends was a huge Lanz Bulldog collector. The story about the friend losing control of a Lanz on a major road in South Australia, because the engine would not stop and he became a passenger was hilarious

There's a story in the family about great grandpa and how he lost his finger. This would have been in the mid-late forties, and the tractor a Bolinder-Munktell hot bulb two-stroke. A wagon full of hay was on the hitch, great grandpa driving and grandma (about 7-8 years old at the time) sitting next to him on one of the rear fenders. When going up a particularly steep hill, the engine suddenly stopped. The brakes on this particular BM wasn't the most impressive ones and as the tractor started rolling backwards, grandpa accidently let out the clutch which led to the engine bump-starting *backwards*. As they started picking up speed, going backwards downhill, grandma bailed and while doing so accidently turned the steering wheel, sending the wagon and tractor off the road, into the ditch. As the wagon went off the road, it rolled over, taking the tractor with it. Grandpa almost got out unharmed, except for the tractor landing on his middle finger, immediately severing it above the first knuckle.

Grandpa borrowed a bicycle from a nearby house, cycling the 5 km to the village nurse with a severed finger.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Bucephalus posted:

You brushed it aside nonchalantly, but I'm on to you. I bet you're not even a goatse guy.

I would have taken Viggen just for shits and giggles but he lives too far away.

My date ended up being a super cool dude. I was worried that he might be a total weirdo, but my family loved him and he was extremely tolerant of both them and me. I ended up being a drunk mess like usual and ended up crying to him about being sexually assaulted a few weeks ago. I'm a pretty awful first date.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

goatse guy posted:

I'm a pretty awful first date.

Yep, you're one of us.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

The metal bracket I grounded to my brother's radio keeps rusting over every month and shorting it out putting it into protect mode. I keep sanding the surface rust off but it keeps coming back. Is there any kind of paint I could brush on the area to keep it from rusting but keep the connection?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Cover it in vaseline at the contact points.

Obligatory "That's what she said".

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

The metal bracket I grounded to my brother's radio keeps rusting over every month and shorting it out putting it into protect mode. I keep sanding the surface rust off but it keeps coming back. Is there any kind of paint I could brush on the area to keep it from rusting but keep the connection?
Could you put some conductive paste between them then paint over the whole thing to seal out moisture? Even a primer type would help I'd think but I've never done much with paint...rustoleum type maybe?

poo poo just realized I signed up for a two day riding school months ago that's scheduled for two weeks from now. Thought I would be in better shape by now, lets hope they'll give a partial refund or something because there's no way I'd make it riding dirt bikes for 8 hours a day.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

poo poo, I didn't even think to use Vaseline. Thanks fellas.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

meatpimp posted:

Yep, you're one of us.

Let's see:

-the wedding date
-a date where we only talked about a shared favorite band. I never got his name.
-a date who was 18 (I'm 26)
-a date where I got too drunk and played footsie with a guy who was not my date
-a date where I had to cut out early because my ex-boyfriend texted me a suicide note
-a date where he called me out for checking out another guy

I'm sure there's more, but most of them involve getting too drunk to even remember the dumb poo poo I do. I'm sensing a pattern in some of my bad dates.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

NitroSpazzz posted:

poo poo just realized I signed up for a two day riding school months ago that's scheduled for two weeks from now. Thought I would be in better shape by now, lets hope they'll give a partial refund or something because there's no way I'd make it riding dirt bikes for 8 hours a day.

Unless you're loving welded to your couch with years of sweat and excrement I'm sure you could do wonders in 2 weeks with the right incentive? Like losing that money :haw:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

goatse guy posted:

I'm sensing a pattern in some of my bad dates.
I still don't really get why you had to have a date for the wedding. What's wrong with going on your own?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Crag, use a bonding strap and don't use the bracket as the ground. Problem solved.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

InitialDave posted:

I still don't really get why you had to have a date for the wedding. What's wrong with going on your own?

Because my self-worth is based on having a man on my arm.

Seriously though, I didn't need a date but it's way more fun that way. My family is extremely lame.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

goatse guy posted:

Because my self-worth is based on having a man on my arm.

Seriously though, I didn't need a date but it's way more fun that way. My family is extremely lame.

Some of the most awesome nights I've had have come from going to a wedding dateless.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

meatpimp posted:

Some of the most awesome nights I've had have come from going to a wedding dateless. There was a documentary made about it, it was called Wedding Crashers.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

goatse guy posted:

I'm sensing a pattern in some of my bad dates.

You are not dating the right kind of drunks.

Problem solved.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Started watching Hannibal. After one episode, I'm intrigued.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

goatse guy posted:

Let's see:

-the wedding date
-a date where we only talked about a shared favorite band. I never got his name.
-a date who was 18 (I'm 26)
-a date where I got too drunk and played footsie with a guy who was not my date
-a date where I had to cut out early because my ex-boyfriend texted me a suicide note
-a date where he called me out for checking out another guy

I'm sure there's more, but most of them involve getting too drunk to even remember the dumb poo poo I do. I'm sensing a pattern in some of my bad dates.

Start dating Wisconsinites. They deal with alcoholism better.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I went to the airshow at Chino today, they had a couple of really silly jet-powered dragsters around intermission time.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

My only wedding experience was being invited to an Indian wedding to pad out the numbers by my mate. I had no idea who was getting married or anything. Eventually I got a little drunk and started pretending to know the groom. Eventually this old guy came up and asked me how I knew ______ and I said we go way back, worked with him etc. He then told me that the name I was throwing around was actually the bride and he was her uncle at which point I melted away into the crowd.*

*:awkwardly half-jogged away.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
drat, now I want to be single again just so I can try and one-up some of that terrible date material.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
I just found out that two friends of mine from school killed themselves over the last weekend. I haven't really thought about them in years, but it still sucks.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

nm posted:

Start dating Wisconsinites. They deal with alcoholism better.

That would only make it worse.

Rhyno posted:

drat, now I want to be single again just so I can try and one-up some of that terrible date material.

I have no doubt that you can do better. My first dates are either all terrible, or they end up being so boring that they're forgettable. Very few of them are actually good.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Anyone have any tips for dealing with LAX? We hit it at 5am this Friday, after leaving Guam at 0630 this Friday, and have to get our bags, then go back through security and make our next flight at like noon.

Can I smoke/vape inside at all, or am I just boned for a few more hours?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

You know, after catching up to what I missed from my weekend shift at work, I can't help but wonder what i'm getting myself into by hanging around this forum more :v:

But at least it's always interesting in AI!

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

goatse guy posted:

I'm a pretty awful first date.

You haven't lived until you've spent hours in a Panera bread making awkward conversation after being fixed up with someone. She found someone else which was a relief to me since I was such a disastrous date. Another 'relationship' I've been in was in high school, ending in the same way but creating another very happy couple. I like to think I'm an extremely poo poo cupid who creates love for others by boring women to death. :allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So weird problem, I have a cat who is peeing outside the litterbox. I have three cats so I don't know which one it is. I tried to set up my old laptop with an xbox live camera to catch which little bastard is doing it but all the camera software I've tried sucks rear end.

Suggestions for decent webcam software that will allow me to record for 8 hours straight? Also free?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

Anyone have any tips for dealing with LAX? We hit it at 5am this Friday, after leaving Guam at 0630 this Friday, and have to get our bags, then go back through security and make our next flight at like noon.

Can I smoke/vape inside at all, or am I just boned for a few more hours?

AFAIK both smoking and vaping are illegal in public places in California and unless you have a high pg juice or can hold it in for a long time and not be obviously vaping, I don't see how you'd get caught

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

iwentdoodie posted:

Depends on what terminal(s). Some are pretty terrible, some are merely terrible.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Rhyno posted:

So weird problem, I have a cat who is peeing outside the litterbox. I have three cats so I don't know which one it is. I tried to set up my old laptop with an xbox live camera to catch which little bastard is doing it but all the camera software I've tried sucks rear end.

Suggestions for decent webcam software that will allow me to record for 8 hours straight? Also free?

I once used Justin.tv and flash media encoder to remotely watch my cat while on vacation. Be sure to take the kitty into the vet once you figure it out. You want to rule out any medical issues first.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

How many boxes do you have? If its less than 4, try that.

And TT: guess I need to tone down a build, then, so I can just go into the bathroom for a minute. I'm usually blowing clouds, which is pretty drat hard to hide.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlesM posted:

I once used Justin.tv and flash media encoder to remotely watch my cat while on vacation. Be sure to take the kitty into the vet once you figure it out. You want to rule out any medical issues first.

We've already done that, took all three and got a clean bill of health for each. Whichever one is doing it is just being a jerk.

Edit: we've had 4 boxes for the last 9 months, they all use them, its just once a week or so there will be a piss spot on the carpet. Same spot every time. I think whichever one is doing it hates my TV stand.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I'd say ask in whatever PI is named this week, but that place is scary.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

iwentdoodie posted:

I'd say ask in whatever PI is named this week, but that place is scary.

As a PI regular, its not that scary as long as your not an idiot/ignore advice given.

But on topic for the cat thing - more litter boxes, try different kinds of litter, and grab some "cat attract" litter additive. Also, if you don't, clean the boxes daily. Some cats get a bee in their bonnet about the boxes being dirty.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Terrible Robot posted:

Hey guys how's your Saturday goi-

:stare:

*backs away slowly*

:suspense:

207 posts since I last visited and holy poo poo.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Well gently caress Mondays...especially this Monday. Great weather so decide I'm going to ride the bike into work and take the fun route (hills, curves, gravel). Get about a mile from my house and the bike dies, won't bump start and won't run. Push the bike off the road a bit so it doesn't get ran over or stolen then walk home and get the car and trailer. Get back to bike and realize my brother replaced the hitch pin with a bolt so the trailer won't tilt, glad the bike only weighs 300lb so I was able to lift it onto the trailer. Get home, start unloading and the neighbors dog walks over and takes a massive poo poo right in the middle of my driveway...wtf.

Guess I'm lucky it isn't a huge deal if I'm late to work...left the house at 6:15 and finally got to work 2 hours later.

Cakefool posted:

Unless you're loving welded to your couch with years of sweat and excrement I'm sure you could do wonders in 2 weeks with the right incentive? Like losing that money :haw:
Not sure if it's worth driving 4.5 hours (each way) to ride 1-2 hours each day and possibly end up in the hospital again.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Ya'll need jesus or therapy or something

This thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST

Slow is Fast posted:

Ya'll need jesus or therapy or something
no, ya'll need a 40 foot dead whale:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dead-40-foot-Sperm-Whale-/321397815187?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item4ad4cd7793

• Locked thread