Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
I personally don't think Amana is unfair, it's just lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

BlackFrost posted:

How does this work, exactly? Do you throw down a red summon sign near his boss gate and hope for the best? The Mirror Knight gimmick seems like a really cool idea, it's a shame that it flat out doesn't seem to work. :(

Oh, it works. When I fought that boss I had a red phantom invade during it and immediately die. Of course, if you don't die right out the gate you can be a real dick and use Soothing Sunlight to heal the boss and make everyone suffer. It's more interesting than the way they handled the Old Monk at least, but it still falls apart in its implementation. Just like all pvp in this series from the very beginning, really.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

404notfound posted:

Did I get lucky during the Looking Glass Knight fight? He only tried to summon twice. The first time, I think I guard broke him, and the second time was when I delivered the killing blow.

He barely tries to summon, which is another problem with the fight.

And when he does there's a 99% chance it'll just be the default lame NPC because not enough red signs are available. Should've just made it so that he would summon anyone standing next to the giant mirror in that hallway leading to him.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Amana has the problem of causing a lot of deaths and also being a real lovely place to die in. You can snipe the casters with arrows, but that gets real tedious real fast when you have to do it more than twice. Whoever was pointing out the inconsistency of which foot-high walls you could walk over and which you couldn't was spot on, also.

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

The shrine of Naruto has nothing fun in it.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Time_pants posted:

What did you shut off? I've got the same card.

Off the top of my head I remember the texture filtering ones. One of them was set to High Quality, I changed it to High-Performance. Also, I probably messed around with the settings some time before so some of that stuff I have set to application specific, and in the game I'm playing on low.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

404notfound posted:

Did I get lucky during the Looking Glass Knight fight? He only tried to summon twice. The first time, I think I guard broke him, and the second time was when I delivered the killing blow.

He summoned like 4 times during my fight because my build is terrible, but each time it was a generic NPC. Given how strict the summoning conditions are and how easily someone can gently caress them up, I'm not surprised.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Graviija posted:

I personally don't think Amana is unfair, it's just lovely.

Do people think it's unfair? It's just a loving garbage section of the game. You're either taking out the casters veeeeeerrryyyyy sloooowwwllyy one by one as a melee character or sniping everyone (which can be just as tedious), and there's pretty much no alternative. Being forced to trudge through waist-high water adds to how much of a slog the whole experience is.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You guys sure did miss a lot. Mirror squire DarkKitty was incredible for the three seconds he lived when I fought the boss.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.
I don't mean to be That Guy, but I took down all the casters in Shrine of Amana pretty easily by walking towards them and rolling whenever a soul arrow was going to hit me. V:shobon:V

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Yeah, fighting the looking glass knight he kept summoning some mage with cat legs named dongs. poo poo was very awesome/cool

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Kraken no need to act like a smug oval office just because you found it easy. "GET GUD" is the shittiest of come backs. But what does one expect from a sperg who posts the entire day about Dark Souls 2 between sleeping.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Fashion souls time!

I'm not settled on a helm yet to go with the Llewellyn armor yet. I'm considering the Mad Warrior helm or the Bone helm, but for now I'm happy with what I'm wearing. :D

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Crigit posted:

Revenge and justice are not the same thing. No matter how much we try to justify still having the death penalty on the books.

I think...this might be the wrong instance to pick that particular battle.

We're not talking about an ordered society where Licia can be put on trial and locked up or rehabilitated or whatever the actual gently caress. We're out in the middle of the loving wilderness in ye medieval tymes. Killing her is the objectively correct call :psyduck:

That it incurs sin is plain stupid

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
I feel like I'm the odd one out because I only have ~25 hours into this game.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Vintersorg posted:

Kraken no need to act like a smug oval office just because you found it easy. "GET GUD" is the shittiest of come backs. But what does one expect from a sperg who posts the entire day about Dark Souls 2 between sleeping.

I'm not being smug, its just not that hard. I'm not telling you to get good either, I'm telling you to just try a different approach. You don't need to cheese it. You can beat it with melee if you're just willing to adjust your tactics a bit, and I explained just a few posts earlier how to do that. I don't know what your problem is but your awfully obsessed with trying to make me feel bad about playing a game when I really don't give a poo poo.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
If you ever have trouble getting summoned, just use a human effigy without removing the sign,, you're practically guaranteed to get summoned that way.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

White Phosphorus posted:

Off the top of my head I remember the texture filtering ones. One of them was set to High Quality, I changed it to High-Performance. Also, I probably messed around with the settings some time before so some of that stuff I have set to application specific, and in the game I'm playing on low.

You have a 630m and have to play with most of the in-game graphical settings on low? I get 40+ fps on average with medium/high settings and I'm playing on a laptop with a 525m gpu...

El Pollo Blanco fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 5, 2014

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I'm half tempted to lower my SM to play with buddies, but then I'd be V-V-V-VAC'D to oblivion :(

Anyone know precisely how the one weird engraved-ring works? I'm told it helps massively with Cooping with specific players for Coop etc?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

I think...this might be the wrong instance to pick that particular battle.

We're not talking about an ordered society where Licia can be put on trial and locked up or rehabilitated or whatever the actual gently caress. We're out in the middle of the loving wilderness in ye medieval tymes. Killing her is the objectively correct call :psyduck:

That it incurs sin is plain stupid

So what's the big evil thing she does anyway? As far as I know she's just making a buck. She may not be a ~true believer~ but she's selling miracles at a fair price, and charges a minor fee to use a completely unique key that only she has. Kind-of-not-really ripping people off makes her a traitor?

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bobnumerotres posted:

So what's the big evil thing she does anyway? As far as I know she's just making a buck. She may not be a ~true believer~ but she's selling miracles at a fair price, and charges a minor fee to use a completely unique key that only she has. Kind-of-not-really ripping people off makes her a traitor?

She totally murdered a saint and stole their pants and their chime in order to fool people.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
On your first play through if you don't kill all the NPC's and jack their poo poo right before the final boss (Cept the map guy) you seriously are dark soulin' it wrong.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
What settings affect cloth physics? I'm willing to sacrifice some FPS to turn that on.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I only killed the map guy. Not my fault he wouldn't sell me his hat.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yeah I'm giving up on trying to do anything with the Mirror Knight. Only 3 summons to the actual fight. Meanwhile I get summoned over and over against by the same group of phantoms camping the area. So much for that idea. Maybe I'm outside of the ideal SL range for it but I have no idea what it would be. Seems like someone could gently caress this up at any point in the game if they wanted too.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 04:22 on May 5, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

big duck equals goose posted:

On your first play through if you don't kill all the NPC's and jack their poo poo right before the final boss (Cept the map guy) you seriously are dark soulin' it wrong.

Have fun getting invaded constantly by Sentinels for bad equipment you can largely get for free without killing anyone, then. :shrug: Lucia is a little different in that you can invade her as part of an event like you could Lautrec in the last game, but it still incurs sin this time. Kinda weird that the message for invading her is "invade world of a sinner" but you show up as a red phantom, though.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I made it through No Mans Wharf and now understand what the thread title means. I also beat the Flexile Sentries on the first try - baby is growing up so fast. :shobon:

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Manatee Cannon posted:

Have fun getting invaded constantly by Sentinels for bad equipment you can largely get for free without killing anyone, then. :shrug: Lucia is a little different in that you can invade her as part of an event like you could Lautrec in the last game, but it still incurs sin this time. Kinda weird that the message for invading her is "invade world of a sinner" but you show up as a red phantom, though.

Next you are going to tell me that beating down someone with two black smith hammers naked is a bad build

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah I'm giving up on trying to do anything with the Mirror Knight. Only 3 summons to the actual fight. Meanwhile I get summoned over and over against by the same group of phantoms camping the area. So much for that idea.

Yeah, what the gently caress is with this? I had the exact same situation when I tried to help guys out there.

Also out of curiosity... anyone else die nearly immediately in NG+ to the Falconeers? That was the PERFECT setup to tell the player "Grats! Now enjoy hard(er) mode! :)". I loved it.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Artificer posted:

What settings affect cloth physics? I'm willing to sacrifice some FPS to turn that on.

it's probably character detail? I can't really verify right now but that would make the most sense to me.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Is there any way to get the Pardoner set in this game? I want that helmet/mask.

DreadNite
Nov 12, 2013
What is the best way to farm Fire Seeds to upgrade the pyromancy flame? I heard that monsters stop spawning after a while in DS2, so i'm not sure if there even is a viable place.

Any tips from those who have maxed their flame?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

DreadNite posted:

What is the best way to farm Fire Seeds to upgrade the pyromancy flame? I heard that monsters stop spawning after a while in DS2, so i'm not sure if there even is a viable place.

Any tips from those who have maxed their flame?

Once you've beaten the game you have enough fire seeds to max out two flames, it's pretty silly. Just keep playing, you find them all over the place and the pyromancer sells 3 of them.

YOSPOS King
Apr 14, 2014

by XyloJW
Step by step retard instructions for how to make the lighting and graphics look good in this game with gedocrap and enb mods??

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Step 1: Download ENB
Step 2: Get VAC banned

Jessie Tanner
Jan 18, 2013
I actually got through Amana just earlier today and it was harder and more frustrating than anything I have encountered so far in the game, including all bosses. You just have to be really careful to not aggro more than two mages at once because then you're toast and might as well suicide to get it over with quicker. The same applies if you draw aggro from the white knights guarding the fog gate while fighting mages. In the end this entire game is just all about patience and this zone is no exception. I'm a hexer by the way so I imagine most other builds would have even more trouble with this. I feel for you guys.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Is there a reasonably obtainable in pairs weapon with the falchion's moveset that isn't ridiculously fragile? It's really growing on me but I had a pair break on me during the not-Ornstein fight. Or am I going to have to suck it up and carry a ton of them all the time?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

FauxGateau posted:

She totally murdered a saint and stole their pants and their chime in order to fool people.

She also tries to murder you on several separate occasions, and given her psychotic serial killing you can only assume she'd have killed others given half the chance.

I'm really not seeing the upside to letting this lady live. When the best you can say about somebody is "Hey at least they're not as much of a loving lunatic as Navlaan" you ain't saying much.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Licia is kind of like this game's Lautrec. Doesn't gently caress you over by killing useful NPCs, just goes after you repeatedly.

From a few pages back, but,

Kanfy posted:

At the end of the Undead Crypt, I found that suddenly hearing the sorrowful music as you see the hollowed Vendrick was really quite effective because you're so used to there being nothing but silence everywhere barring Majula and boss fights.

No joke, the moment you finally see the King, as you've been told to do from the beginning, is genuinely affecting. Not a word spoken, no (necessary) fighting, just an understated musical piece and that poor, silent, grotesque figure stumbling blindingly in a dark, forgotten tomb. :smith:

Wildtortilla posted:

Fashion souls time!

I'm not settled on a helm yet to go with the Llewellyn armor yet. I'm considering the Mad Warrior helm or the Bone helm, but for now I'm happy with what I'm wearing. :D

If you're a sorcerer, I recommend Straid's hood. You get this cool swashbuckling bandit look going.

Ravenfood posted:

Is there any way to get the Pardoner set in this game? I want that helmet/mask.

Yes. It's behind a Pharros door at start of the Dragon Shrine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Bobnumerotres posted:

I don't know if it's been discussed yet, but have you ever been invaded by a Nameless Usurper? 99.50% sure that's Licia of Lindelt. Outfits are identical, and it fits the other lore floating around of her hijacking her chime and pretending to be holy. Hence, a Nameless Usurper. In addition to ripping people off on miracles, she's invading and trying to murder folks, including the protagonist.

Edit: Man, thread moves way too fast