Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

JBones posted:

Is there an updated list?

I hate to even mention this... but would it be worth shuffling around some memberships so we can have a whaley alliance with guaranteed no shame? I know Pizza Dog has started slipping a bit (especially because it looks like we have 3 members who don't play every day...or 1 in the last two weeks...I pointedly won't mention the name poops mcgee). And AGENTS_OF_GOON has their shameless tumor called snazzy frocks. Is there a way to make a best of both worlds?

e: there's an updated list in the OP...which I oddly enough had never read...good job, Synth...

The shameless tumors were the guys who thought it was hilarious to not even break triple digits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

seravid posted:

I was actually going to leave the alliance today to make room for more worthy Marvel Puzzle Quest Dark Reign e-athletes, but now I guess I don't have to :confused:

I'll still leave soon enough (again, only came back for the alliances and we know how that turned out :lol:) because gently caress this lovely funbalanced game.

There you have it folks: "I wasn't enjoying this game but damned if I was going to leave the alliance until I was good and ready." I wish we had come to this understanding sooner!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Does this mean no more hilarious temper tantrums from Snazzy Frocks?

RIP most entertaining part of MPQ. :sigh:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Snazzy Frocks posted:

There you have it folks: "I wasn't enjoying this game but damned if I was going to leave the alliance until I was good and ready." I wish we had come to this understanding sooner!

"I was enjoying this mobile game, then my enjoyment of said mobile game started declining to the point where I thought that stopping playing this mobile game would be the best thing to do, but damned if I was going to stop playing this mobile game one single second before that moment just because a guy on the internet kept embarrassing himself."

Maybe your mspaint scribbles will work better on your new alliance pals!

Rustallion
Sep 11, 2001
Would it be alright if I joined AgentsofGOON? It will open up a slot in bad alliance if anyone wants to take that one up. Sent a request as LuckyNed

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

We have a slot in Goon Style as well (13/14). The alliance is a balance between getting close to earning 3 star covers and not having a sperglord. We get the HP rewards for every event.

Should be willing to pay for the next slot (1500)

e: I'm not at my tablet, those numbers might all be 1 higher (14/15, 1600)

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 5, 2014

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Don't want to break up the love chat but I randomed X-Force Wolverine with a heroic token. Keep or burn?

I don't see myself getting more covers and everyone says he sucks, but I also have 25 slots, 500 HP and I dunno what to do with them

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He sucks for now, but he's getting a revamp in the future. How far in the future, no one knows. Keep him if you have space.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

ElectricSheep posted:

Don't want to break up the love chat but I randomed X-Force Wolverine with a heroic token. Keep or burn?

I don't see myself getting more covers and everyone says he sucks, but I also have 25 slots, 500 HP and I dunno what to do with them
He does suck but just so you know you will get 3 more of his covers from daily rewards on days 149, 165 and 180 if you are interested in leveling him a bit. I don't remember him being required for any events but I say keep him because sometimes being a packrat pays off in this game.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

For laughs, I'm blasting through Season 1 trainer with my regular teams, then for my last match I'll go in with Hood, Spidey and Venom for the highest annoyance factor possible.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
He's used in The Best There Is tournaments, but he's only required for one node out of three.

Instead of shaming those who lack the time or interest to play, I'd like to thank my fellow Agents who scored well. Good job, goons.

We did alright. Trying to hit top 100 seems very competitive. Its hard to know how close we are, since we can't scroll the leaderboards.

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 05:58 on May 5, 2014

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

gromdul posted:

He's used in The Best There Is tournaments, but he's only required for one node out of three.
While that's true, you can just totally ignore that node because it's a PvP tournament and it's the loving City stage that you should be ignoring anyway.

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved

:devil: join with me, God of Lies, I have provided tribute :devil:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

gromdul posted:

Instead of shaming those who lack the time or interest to play, I'd like to thank my fellow Agents who scored well. Good job, goons.

If you can kill the slackers with kindness I'll eat my hat (not really). Honestly you up there are the same ones at the top as always and you deserve better than 170s. The slackers will have have had the last laugh if they leave now that I'm gone :v: but for your sake I hope they do!

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Got a Dr Doom in the Loki tournament. Hopefully have a big push in the simulator. G.O.O.N. Seems have a spread of players, it would be nice if we could get back into the covers as an alliance (we were consistent when I joined) but I don't know if that has changed purely because there is more competition.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

ElectricSheep posted:

All my other 2* are too high level now, so I use him partnered with bagman to tank mmr during lightning rounds. :v:

networkwolf
Mar 14, 2012
No longer enjoying playing. One spot open in AgentOfGOON (nothing to do with the forums, just deleted the game)

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

networkwolf posted:

No longer enjoying playing. One spot open in AgentOfGOON (nothing to do with the forums, just deleted the game)

Thanks for leaving before uninstalling. I appreciate it.

So we have a spot open in AgentsOfGOON. Leave your in game name here and PayPal me :10bux: to justkidding@notreally.com

AntiZorn
Sep 23, 2007
Pillbug
We've still got a slot open in Mathletes for anyone who wants to join. No cost to you, we're just opening slots up as we get excess HP. We're at 9/10 right now.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

A new update is out where you can now buy 40 packs of covers for ~11,000 space bux. There isn't even a better chance at rares except in the heroic pack which offers a whopping 0.2% higher chance per draw. :wtc:

A couple little UI improvements though including showing your alliance rank on the event screen and sell all button for getting rid of 12 Yelenas at once

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://woobox.com/b9dpat

Sweepstakes are on again. 20k points for the winner.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

AntiZorn posted:

We've still got a slot open in Mathletes for anyone who wants to join. No cost to you, we're just opening slots up as we get excess HP. We're at 9/10 right now.

I applied. Same name as here.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Syrinxx posted:

A new update is out...

They took away the WooshGoonnnggggg! when you get a reward! #fliptable #ragequit

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I usually play with the sound off anyway, listening to music. I like Black Widow's tennis grunts but hearing "tsching tsching" all the time when playing against a Daken or Wolverine gets real irritating.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
:stare:

Haul for the 10 pack:

Ares red and green

LazyCap yellow
Hood black
Psylock red
LazyThor red

4* Wolverine red

Three other 2*s converted into Iso.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
GoonStyle is now 12/14

That's a slot for a steady player with at least 30000 in The Simulator and a slot for a steady player with 1500 HP to open a new slot. Post your name if you join so I know who to approve and why.

Helical Nightmares posted:

Haul for the 10 pack:

Lucky bastard. Mine was all 2 star covers I didn't need.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm maxed on all my 2*s. My 10 pack reward got me... Loki. :negative:

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I got all 2-stars except for a single blue Hood. My first Blue for him, so that was nice at least. I hope they do more of these 10-pack prizes, but next time around they'll probably triple the score needed or make it alliance score based or some poo poo.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Never mind. I'm an illiterate idiot.

head58 fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 6, 2014

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

Jolly good show, eh old man?
Hell, I'll jump ship for the agents. Same name as here.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Holy poo poo those new animations are hilariously awful. They're Mobage levels of bad.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

The new update breaks compatibility with my old-rear end iPad, so I'm going to have to bow out of Pizza Dog.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Holy poo poo those new animations are hilariously awful. They're Mobage levels of bad.

Which new animations?

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

The guy at the top of my Doctor's Orders bracket has a level 217 Invisible Woman. :shepface:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

SynthOrange posted:

Which new animations?

Redeem a token and see. The one for ISO rewarded is pretty awful too. (Do the first quest in the game real quick to see it) If you haven't applied the update yet I'd guess you'd still have the old versions.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Uh, I just updated, and I'm not in Goonstyle...

Was I kicked by you guys, or the app update?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Heroic 10 pack trip report: one *** cover I didn't need, FOUR loving bag-mans, two moonstones and 3 other crap covers none of which I needed. If I'd spent space bux on that poo poo I would be pretty angry.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh yeah, since my Doom is maxed, and there's a desert in this tournament, it's time for M Storm to go nuts. :getin:

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Arschlochkind posted:

The guy at the top of my Doctor's Orders bracket has a level 217 Invisible Woman. :shepface:
Guy at my top is Slobofix. Who has 230 IW and x-force. I check the player rankings every now and then to see if he has gotten sandboxed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Guy at the top of my bracket is me. :smug: