Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

GNU Order posted:

Who the gently caress goes by "Stephens II" instead of "Stephens Jr"

Someone sharing a name with their grandfather but not their father.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

If the draft were at its regular date then we would not be talking about the AFL.

Good job Goodell.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Forcing a team to get positive yards for the clock to run in the final 2 minutes is brilliant, how do I get on a radio station and demand it so that Goodell panics and makes that a new rule

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
The LA KISS really should have an all chrome alt

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
At the very least, chrome pants.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

while we're at it, can we make the ball chrome too?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Lessail posted:

while we're at it, can we make the ball chrome too?

Stitched together with blood from each of the band members like the comic.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I just got home and realized the game was still on and got excited. Turned on the game, quarterback goes down. Game over. I am very sad.

Gerty posted:

I wear the same pair of jeans pretty much every single day.

also I have a tattoo on my chest that says "Aint No human being"

The gayest tattoo ever, which is saying something.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Why did I watch the AFL....why

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Lessail posted:

The LA KISS really should have an all chrome alt

Or an Unmasked version where they don't wear anything over the pads.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Burginator posted:

Why did I watch the AFL....why

Because it's silly and fun and you don't like hockey or baseball I'm guessing?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The AFL is probably fun to go to, and maybe fun when the two teams are both just slinging it around. That game was mostly a one-way marathon.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

I'm watching the Bridgewater episode and are the Gruden QB Camps usually this fun?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Quest For Glory II posted:

The AFL is probably fun to go to, and maybe fun when the two teams are both just slinging it around. That game was mostly a one-way marathon.

I have season tickets to the Portland Thunder and I've basically used the home games as an excuse to MST3K it up with my friends. At least the last one was close, but next week's is against the reigning back-to-back champs. :ohdear:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Lessail posted:

I thought that Vegas had an AFL team recently but it looks like it was UFL

Bernie Kosar moved the gladiators from las vegas to cleveland.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Lessail posted:

I'm watching the Bridgewater episode and are the Gruden QB Camps usually this fun?

I am a shameful Gruden fan so I think they all tend to be fun watches. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I am a shameful Gruden fan so I think they all tend to be fun watches. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Confirmed for Gruden owns. The Manziel one was really fun too. Manziel is talking about being friends with Drake, and Gruden is talking about how he is a lyric in a lil wayne song. One uppin each other a bit.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
It's insane how quickly they're going to turn that AFL field into an ice rink for tomorrow evening

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Lessail posted:

They are. The problem is, I walk away from them loving all the QBs. They all seem like they really love football, and I just want them to be successful no matter how bad they are. At least this years crop makes me feel that way.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
That's because Gruden walks away from all the QB's loving all of them. He acted like Tyler Wilson had it all. :laffo:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I like the AFL now. Thanks yall.

New fan of the Bon Jovi team.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sataere posted:

They are. The problem is, I walk away from them loving all the QBs. They all seem like they really love football, and I just want them to be successful no matter how bad they are. At least this years crop makes me feel that way.
The best was Colt McCoy being berated for not being able to speak English clearly enough.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ozu posted:

The best was Colt McCoy being berated for not being able to speak English clearly enough.

I just want to hear him yodel.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I'm sad I did not watch this

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

N: The San Francisco Chronicle believes 2012 third-round pick Tony Bergstrom is "in real danger of being cut" in 2014 training camp.
Bergstrom was Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie's first-ever draft pick, selected at No. 95 overall in '12. He played in nine games as a rookie, starting one, and missed all of 2013 with a "significant" foot injury. Bergstrom was drafted for Oakland's old zone-blocking scheme. They've since switched to power blocking. May 4 - 1:12 PM

V: what

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Well when you get beat out by Lucas loving Nix in training camp

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
I think the Raiders fans here will say this is a bit premature, but Reggie McKenzie really loving sucks.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Mr. Nice! posted:

I can't fault Brady for his wardrobe, all things considered. Or much else, really. He's autistic about football. Bill Belichek said that he can't even keep up with how much film Brady watches.

His wife just lays out clothes for him, and some days she wants him to look loving silly, jesus guys. Some guys just need fashion help and advice and who better than a SUPERMODEL to give it out.

wtftastic fucked around with this message at 15:19 on May 5, 2014

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Why are you spergs talking about the afl for pages in an nfl draft thread

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dirt Worshipper posted:

I think the Raiders fans here will say this is a bit premature, but Reggie McKenzie really loving sucks.

Firing him means admitting failure and I'm really not up for that right now, so lets keep truckin.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

This isn't the draft thread loser. You're just jealous because none of the AFL teams have a dumb tramp stamp on their uniforms.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

AAA DOLFAN posted:

It's called scouting!

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Maybe we should talk about BBQ or something instead.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I managed to make a football post making fun of my team because of AFL chat, so it's worthwhile to me.

Jesus I hate wide receivers and quarterbacks. Returners are cool though.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Three more days people. Three more loving days and we can finally move on.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kirios posted:

Three more days people. Three more loving days and we can finally move on.

You say that but we've merely begun our trip across the Offseason Desert and the draft is just an oasis. There are still endless dunes stretching and rolling far off into the distance.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Doltos posted:

You say that but we've merely begun our trip across the Offseason Desert and the draft is just an oasis. There are still endless dunes stretching and rolling far off into the distance.

Soon both basketball and hockey will be over, and all that remains is baseball and golf.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Uh OTA twitter reports.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Yeah the draft is always a letdown because once your team has these new players you wanna loving see them in something other than an instagram with your team's hat on

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Volkerball posted:

Uh OTA twitter reports.
All our rookies look like beasts and future all pros chat. My favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@OmarKelly: Legedu Naanee is the best WR I have ever seen in practice while covering the Dolphins

*is terrible in games*

@OmarKelly: I can't figure out why Legedu Naanee's game isn't translating from practice

• Locked thread