Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
Consult your Wesley Overlords.

(will be galoring)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Dukat also Bird of Prey'd.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

How does a man Galor without a Galor?

With a B'Rel Bird of Prey. Don't forget, Dukat pulled a Kirk and stole one. Did more with it than Kirk did too.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Baller Time posted:

Do I understand this right that SFD doesn't even have to do anything to get people mad at them? It's like you created a perpetuum mobile of anger.

Our name is a now killing word. :vince:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Technical Analysis posted:

With a B'Rel Bird of Prey. Don't forget, Dukat pulled a Kirk and stole one. Did more with it than Kirk did too.

Dukat also was captain of a Tuffi.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Burning_Monk posted:

Dukat also was captain of a Tuffi.

We don't talk about that.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Riso posted:

We don't talk about that.

Why the hell not? Guy was so badass he hosed UP Klingons with a CARGO ship! :black101:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oh hey, everyone gets two free shop slots on May 8th.

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/5002103-free-ship-slots!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

:toot: Good timing, it was getting kind of tight for me.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Should I use up my character slot or will this be the same deal for all new accounts?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I suspect it's going to be like when Cryptic increased the bank/inventory slot size and be retroactive for current characters and applied automatically for new characters, but the phrasing in the post doesn't make it clear no.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Ok, I don't get why they wouldn't do that on Gul Dukat day instead though.

Happy Gul Dukat day!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Baller Time posted:

Do I understand this right that SFD doesn't even have to do anything to get people mad at them? It's like you created a perpetuum mobile of anger.

Ironically I think the tipping point was when NoP Public Service was started and we switched overnight from being perceived as a stinking collective of Gollum clones to, well, heroes to people who didn't have tier 5 fleets who were getting ripped off left and right that suddenly had a FREE and UNLIMITED avenue to endgame gear. You know, instead of being extorted 10-20 million just for a map invite to use a vendor. (such as by Task Force Spectre)

When we became popular (to a point) it was literally too much for certain individuals to process and they broke.

Taking the entire "starbase and fleet holdings access for cash" market and breaking it over our collective knees certainly made a few people positively furious :v:

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I'm only sorry they didn't give us a new holding with S9 so we could do it all over again.

Orv
May 4, 2011

DancingShade posted:

Taking the entire "starbase and fleet holdings access for cash" market and breaking it over our collective knees certainly made a few people positively furious :v:

What the hell did you nutjobs do now exactly.

Orv fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 5, 2014

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

LordCo posted:

4th and final set

That's the works, folks. All images are in the same album at https://imgur.com/a/CiEKg

I'm getting from his last email that he's a little fed up with the photos so from this point on, any photo requests will have to be built into the applications he will be filling out to get his money. The first up will be the membership app that he'll get later this week. This app is 20+ pages with a baptism at the end and if you like, you guys are welcome to look it over and request some custom additions.

slightly late on this, but :golfclap:

Well executed, goonsir.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Orv posted:

What the hell did you nutjobs do now exactly.

Some high level fleets were making millions offering access to their fleet holdings for non-fleet members to buy gear they didn't have unlocked in their own fleet stores. It doesn't actually cost the fleet inviting anything (save in the instance of fleet ships) if people buy from their stores, so there's really no need to be charging anything to 'cover expenses'. To address this we created a public channel where free invites to fleet holdings would be offered, thus saving the masses millions of EC which has subsequently angered the people who were charging for the same access.

Basically people hate us for being nice and stopping them from ripping off people.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Aleth posted:

Some high level fleets were making millions offering access to their fleet holdings for non-fleet members to buy gear they didn't have unlocked in their own fleet stores. It doesn't actually cost the fleet inviting anything (save in the instance of fleet ships) if people buy from their stores, so there's really no need to be charging anything to 'cover expenses'. To address this we created a public channel where free invites to fleet holdings would be offered, thus saving the masses millions of EC which has subsequently angered the people who were charging for the same access.

Basically people hate us for being nice and stopping them from ripping off people.

I'm pretty sure it's billions at this point.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

I was wondering what that was about. I suppose it all ties back to my initial experience in a pubbie fleet when joining back up again in that they had ridiculous amounts of hoobyboo pseudo dkp bullshit to even look at the vendor let alone buy anything. Even if you met their contribution levels (50k fleet marks before you were promoted to 'can buy stuff) you had to wait for their 'promotion ceremony' to be able to have unfettered access to fleet holdings. If you asked for access prior to that, they would actually demote you after you were finished buying stuff.

I played wow in the heyday of 40-man raids and fairness and all that, and the above was even a bit much for me.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Aleth posted:

Oh, so they're the Ferengi and you're the kindly Starfleet post-scarcity environment. Excellent.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

Acer Pilot posted:

Today is Marc Alaimo's (Dukat) birthday.

Galor up!

e: Sorry for misspelling this great actor's name.
e2: Buy my poo poo on the exchange so I can buy 2 Galors (and have a full set of piss beams).

They made it so that you can buy piss beams from the dilithium store if you own a Galor, so you only need one now.

McScumbag
Jun 30, 2012
FRONT LINE SOLDIER IN THE FIGHT FOR MEN'S RIGHTS

reddit 4 eva
So once more I have started to play this game. Just reading what is said in region chat while in Earth dock is awful. Almost everything there could go into gamers.txt.

I do have a question though. I'm wanting to farm the Energy Credits up to be able to buy some of those fancy lockbox ships. Other than running a foundry farm mission once every 24 hours, is there any other way to make good amounts of credits?

Rotation Confusion
Jul 13, 2012

It's harder than it looks

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

They made it so that you can buy piss beams from the dilithium store if you own a Galor, so you only need one now.

ya they're a ton of dil but significantly cheaper than buying a second galor

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

300 Earth Dollars posted:

ya they're a ton of dil but significantly cheaper than buying a second galor
:thejoke:

McScumbag posted:

I do have a question though. I'm wanting to farm the Energy Credits up to be able to buy some of those fancy lockbox ships. Other than running a foundry farm mission once every 24 hours, is there any other way to make good amounts of credits?
Have klingon alts, do marauding missions for contraband, sell the contraband or trade it in for dilithium. There's other ways, but that's the core of getting to space middle class.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Nessus posted:

Oh, so they're the Ferengi and you're the kindly Starfleet post-scarcity environment. Excellent.

Glorious people's wealth redistribution program for great freedom!

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Gul Dukat Birthday Extravaganza @ DS9:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
^^^ drat you! :argh:

Happy Dukat day!

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Tighclops posted:

Glorious people's wealth redistribution program for great freedom!

Dunno if I want to reinstate the Great Goon Welfare Project, but I'm open to sponsorship deals. Anyone else want to sell their naming rights?

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Here's a better one:

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Here's my new desktop wallpaper:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!
My black and white galor representin'. :smug:

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Open your hearts to the five lights of Dukat. Glory be to his prophet, Damar.

Here's a GALOR-y of today's events.

http://imgur.com/a/hF8HP

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Requesting access to the wiki.

Wiki name is Cutedge

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I have experienced Bijor, I understand the truth.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Burning_Monk posted:

Why the hell not? Guy was so badass he hosed UP Klingons with a CARGO ship! :black101:

No, a BAJORAN hosed it up.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Cutedge posted:

Requesting access to the wiki.

Wiki name is Cutedge

Done.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Unguided posted:

I have experienced Bijor, I understand the truth.

Feel free to test out part 2 if you haven't already. It's in the foundry -> review content tab if you haven't. Just search for bijor.

For those that tested it before, I updated the mission for Dukat's birthday. It now accurately shows how poorly Cardassians were treated.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Isaac @ fdrspolio requesting to join the Federation faction.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Acer Pilot posted:

Open your hearts to the five lights of Dukat. Glory be to his prophet, Damar.

Here's a GALOR-y of today's events.

http://imgur.com/a/hF8HP

A truly GALOR-ious occasion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

chairface posted:

Isaac @ fdrspolio requesting to join the Federation faction.

You're invited to the channel, ask for an Dental invite in there.

• Locked thread