Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I meant to bring it up, but work got in the way. I hope to God it doesn't happen. I don't need Norv Turner un-loving Bradford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Is he even tradeable with his contract or would he need an extension to make it work?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jason la canfora makes poo poo up on a consistent basis. He's as accurate as incarcerated bob

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Johnny Manziel highlights set to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgvXCg1e_T8

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

And of course this trade, if it does happen, would go down on draft day, because it hinges on the Rams drafting a quarterback first.

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

Wow, so no one's talking about the rumor of Bradford to Minnesota huh.

People have stated they believe there are rumors...

That might be the least inconclusive reporting ever. So it's probably true

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

And of course this trade, if it does happen, would go down on draft day, because it hinges on the Rams drafting a quarterback first.

if the Rams can't get a kings ransom for the 2nd pick (again :negative: ) this would probably be a pretty decent move. Get whatever the Vikings will give for Bradford + at worst the 2nd picked out of Bridgewater and Manziel.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Makes sense to me since one of the NFLN guys had the Rams taking JFF with their pick (provided he's still there). I still think Bradford can play and just has had bad luck with injuries and whatnot.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Chris Gaines posted:

Makes sense to me since one of the NFLN guys had the Rams taking JFF with their pick (provided he's still there). I still think Bradford can play and just has had bad luck with injuries and whatnot.

He also hasn't had anyone to throw to. Even Jared Cook Jr. had some costly drops during his time there.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

davecrazy posted:

The Giants play Hells Bells right before kickoff. AC/DC = pro football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihPSzSVjDBM

I can't believe they've never had them play during a Super Bowl halftime show, get your poo poo together NFL

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Rasczak posted:

I can't believe they've never had them play during a Super Bowl halftime show, get your poo poo together NFL

I'll take Bruno Mars a hundred times over another loving decaying dad rock band.

Obviously the best scenario is Prince until the heat death of the universe.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Because when I think Brian Schottenheimer quarterback, I think Johnny loving Football

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah the Rams are possibly the worst place for a new QB to be drafted into if you're talking long term projectability. Chances of him developing, chances of him succeeding, both perilously low with their talent level and coaching staff.

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.

Yeah the Rams are possibly the worst place for a new QB to be drafted into if you're talking long term projectability. Chances of him developing, chances of him succeeding, both perilously low with their talent level and coaching staff.

On the bright side, Manziel may well tell Schotty to go get hosed and call his own plays. This would be a marked improvement.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

superaielman posted:

On the bright side, Manziel may well tell Schotty to go get hosed and call his own plays. This would be a marked improvement.

I feel like the kind of plays Johnny Football would call would give Brett Favre history's biggest boner.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

superaielman posted:

Favre literally did this with the Jets and still poo poo it up.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

What would happen is JFF would just run wild and do his own thing, winning constantly. Then we would hear about how Brian Schottenheimer was the perfect coach to harness his unique abilities for the next ten years, and TFF would collectively kill themselves.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ozu posted:

He did it in Green Bay too.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

shiksa posted:

I'll take Bruno Mars a hundred times over another loving decaying dad rock band.

Obviously the best scenario is Prince until the heat death of the universe.

Angus Young is only 4 years older than Prince :ssh:

Also, do not insult my people whippersnapper

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

Johnny Manziel highlights set to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgvXCg1e_T8

I was thinking more like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

Cascadia Pirate
Jan 18, 2011
The Seahawks enter the field to Bittersweet Symphony. I have no idea who thought this was a good idea. I wish they'd change it, but that's life.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Ozu posted:

Was this because of his torn bicep? Because he then did the same thing in Minnnesota in 09... and then again in '10 with that a Jets style result...

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Cascadia Pirate posted:

The Seahawks enter the field to Bittersweet Symphony. I have no idea who thought this was a good idea. I wish they'd change it, but that's life.

You can't just expect them to change their mold, man. No, no, no.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If Peyton Manning doesn't enter the field to Cats in the Cradle I'm going to slider out of this world.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
ACDC blows

BCDC surprisingly good

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Rasczak posted:

And now it's too late.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Correct half time show opinion is to bring back one of my top 3 half-time shows of all time. Indiana Jones.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chargers picked up Corey Liuget's option for 2015.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Chargers picked up Corey Liuget's option for 2015.
Yay. Hopefully he and Ingram can actually do stuff next year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Miko posted:

Yay. Hopefully he and Ingram can actually do stuff next year.

I still kinda have faith in Dwight Freeney because I'm dumb

Miko
May 20, 2001

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I still kinda have faith in Dwight Freeney because I'm dumb
The Ghost of Bob Sanders hasn't soured you yet?

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

The media is making up poo poo as they go. The Rams are creating smokescreens to get teams to think they want to get rid of Bradford and/or draft Johnny Football.

They'll draft a QB this year, but it'll be in the mid rounds. Sam Bradford will be the starting QB for the Rams at the start of the 2014 season.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Miko posted:

The Ghost of Bob Sanders hasn't soured you yet?

Freeney was pretty good last year until he got hurt.

Maybe he won't get hurt this time :ohdear:

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Apparently some former players are contesting the concussion settlement.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Packers come out to 2 Unlimited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvTm_BhZdOE

If your entrance music isn't on Jock Jamz, then get the gently caress out.
:frogc00l:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

For some reason the Bengals came out of the tunnel to Roar by Katy Perry in the first game last year and the fans got pissed and made them change it lol

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Pops Mgee posted:

Packers come out to 2 Unlimited.

If your entrance music isn't on Jock Jamz, then get the gently caress out.
:frogc00l:

1995 was a great year.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

For some reason the Bengals came out of the tunnel to Roar by Katy Perry in the first game last year and the fans got pissed and made them change it lol

Who let Katie Blackburn DJ the game?

Miko
May 20, 2001

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Freeney was pretty good last year until he got hurt.

Maybe he won't get hurt this time :ohdear:
oooooooooo

this is the ghost of bob sanders

ooooooooooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

The Bengals issued a statement, too. Cincinnati is the worst.

• Locked thread