Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

I still don't understand why Kickstarter suspended this ( https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mde/kstv-season-1-where-idiots-go-to-spend-money-on-cr )and it genuinely bothers me

I would suspect it involves this:

quote:

an extended fan-kicking video where I threaten a person of your choice for quite a long amount of time

Even as a joke, that probably doesn't fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
It also may have to do with the fact that Sam Hyde is an unfunny hack who admitted to being behind a scam kickstarter before.

Not Jon Stewart
May 30, 2013

Hat Thoughts posted:

I still don't understand why Kickstarter suspended this ( https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mde/kstv-season-1-where-idiots-go-to-spend-money-on-cr )and it genuinely bothers me

It's too bad, the Kickstarter videos he did were pretty funny. http://youtu.be/EOWCzFYkmHs
The joke probably would've worn thin after 24 episodes though.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Talorat posted:

It also may have to do with the fact that Sam Hyde is an unfunny hack who admitted to being behind a scam kickstarter before.

I'm pretty sure it was this that got him closed down:

quote:

Update #1 Apr 15 2014
Special Fattitude gift

If this project reaches it's goal, backers of all levels will get access to:

Fattitude: A Body Positive Documentary: The Sam Hyde Director's Commentary Edition

I guarantee to really hit below the belt and show these Fattudes no quarter. (It'll just be the documentary plus me slinging middle-school insults at the screen).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/319256879/fattitude-a-body-positive-documentary

He poked the Fattitude feminist hornet's nest with a stick and got stung.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

HazCat posted:

Oh hey, I've heard about that project! The director is being stalked and harassed because of course she is. Anger and aggression are the logical reactions to a woman talking well-meaning nonsense about weight on the Internet.

Good, fats are a disease.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

RottenK posted:

Well according to American Medical Association, yes it is.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
I really hope Sam Hyde discovers weed and handjobs within the next few months because that dude seems like he's going to break at any minute. He's got potential and drive, I think he could really be successful if he wasn't just so hideously angry all the goddamn time.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

RottenK posted:

Getting angry enough at broken people to stalk and harass them (and their families) is normal and healthy behaviour.

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW

HazCat posted:

Getting angry enough at broken people to stalk and harass them (and their families) is normal and healthy behaviour.

Actually when you get someone mad enough at you they stalk you and harass you, and you call it on on them, and they go into, "well, but" mode is even funnier. Stalkers are cowards at heart, most of them anyways.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

HazCat posted:

Removing fats from society is a duty of every proper citizen.

Also this person is a fat acceptance activist and fat acceptance activists lie all the loving time. Probably full of poo poo about everything that's more severe than getting pizza deliveries.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Xelkelvos posted:

Edit: Found sources and links.
Men actually get paid more at an average weight compared to skinny or obese men. Women, however basically get paid more if they weighed less (though anorexics may or may not be factored).

Academic Link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20853946
News article with tl;dr: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/10/07/study-your-weight-affects-your-salary/

Anorexic isn't a body weight, it's an eating disorder. The study would have no idea if it included people with anorexia unless it asked.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

HazCat posted:

She's not being stalked, it's just fat-induced schizophrenia

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

You could probably make a bingo game out of "What Horrible Things Will Goons Be OK With If Done To [Punching Bag X]?"

EDIT: Next time you see a post here complaining about some group, mentally replace it with Brony/Gamer/MRA/Fat Activist/Troper and if the statement isn't meaningfully different, then it's probably a worthless post.

DStecks has a new favorite as of 20:29 on May 4, 2014

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

DStecks posted:

You could probably make a bingo game out of "What Horrible Things Will Goons Be OK With If Done To [Punching Bag X]?"

After less than one round of bingo it would be revealed that there is nothing that goons hate more than other goons.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Dogwood Fleet posted:

After less than one round of bingo it would be revealed that there is nothing that goons hate more than other goons.

loving goons ruined gooning. Hate them so much.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I don't think it's necessary to dislike fat people that much. :stare:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

They're 'trolling' to try and bait a social justice argument.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

A Steampunk Gent posted:

They're 'trolling' to try and bait a social justice argument.

Totally the wrong type of bait, they should have used a chocolate cake and some fries

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Just like how it makes sense to charge urbans more for living in white neighborhoods to make up for wrecking are property value!

Haha you think being fat is the same as being a minority, are you a fat white person, a fat minority or just a retard? either way your racist for saying minorities could in any way be comparable to fats

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

it didn't used to be but now they started to think its healthy so no we have to treat them the same way as the pro-ana movement so now not being a hater is complicit in a movement where people deliberately gently caress up their lives and deny that what they are doing is real hosed and letting that rhetoric slide is way worse than being mean. I don't like being an rear end in a top hat to these people but when they insist that they are healthy despite the excess adipose tissue beginning to necrotize then feeding the delusion that being fat will not slowly kill you is the cruelest thing you could possibly do. Stalking is of course unacceptable but in extreme cases unavoidable, sometime it is just not possible to keep a fat out of your sight

Bifner McDoogle has a new favorite as of 18:07 on May 5, 2014

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
^^everyone who posts like this should be required to post a full-body photo

Being a hater is also a terrible way to handle pro-ana. Which isn't a movement, it's just mentally ill people meeting online to talk to people who are going through the same things. Kind of like SA.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!

Bifner McDoogle posted:

it didn't used to be but now they started to think its healthy so no we have to treat them the same way as the pro-ana movement so now not being a hater is complicit in a movement where people deliberately gently caress up their lives and deny that what they are doing is real hosed and letting that rhetoric slide is way worse than being mean. I don't like being an rear end in a top hat to these people but when they insist that they are healthy despite the excess adipose tissue beginning to necrotize then feeding the delusion that being fat will not slowly kill you is the cruelest thing you could possibly do. Stalking is of course unacceptable but in extreme cases unavoidable, sometime it is just not possible to keep a fat out of your sight
You can avoid 'feeding the delusion' without hating on people. Your hatred makes you look irrational, and looking irrational actually gives fuel to them. So, in addition to hurting people, you're doing even more damage to your own cause by hating.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lol if you unironically believe the way to deal with delusions caused by mental illness is to be an rear end in a top hat.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
pissbabies constantly trying to one-up themselves to prove that they hate the acceptable target du jour the most is one of somethingawful's oldest and most played-out memes. the fact that they've regressed from 'rrrgh people who dress in animal costumes make me SO MAD i want to kill them all with blowtorches and sledgehammers!!!11" to "fat people?! ARE INSURANCE PREMIUMS :911:" is a testament to the kind of bottom-feeder who still thinks it's cutting edge humor

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

Orzo posted:

Your hatred makes you look irrational, and looking irrational actually gives fuel to them.

Doubt it, these people consider medical science to be fat hating and the medical establishment gives em' so much hate that my bad posting is nothing. Maybe you think of hating as punching a fat person in the face or yelling at horrible poo poo at people you have never met but the frame has shifted so it is now considered mean to point out being fat is bad for you. One other thing to make this clear here, I hate fat, not fat people. Case in point, I ended up marrying a fat person cause I'm a big gay romantic who is not big on looks so whatever. I hated the fat cause he was on blood-pressure medicine at age 25. He did eventually lose weight when his social circle went from people saying its OK to be fat to people who told him he was going to die if he didn't do anything about it (he graduated college and started working in a hospital). Now he may even be able to go off the blood pressure meds. I helped vanquish the fat by getting rid of candy and soda. According to fat acceptance advocates this is a unhealthy life decision.

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

pissbabies constantly trying to one-up themselves to prove that they hate the acceptable target du jour the most is one of somethingawful's oldest and most played-out memes. the fact that they've regressed from 'rrrgh people who dress in animal costumes make me SO MAD i want to kill them all with blowtorches and sledgehammers!!!11" to "fat people?! ARE INSURANCE PREMIUMS :911:" is a testament to the kind of bottom-feeder who still thinks it's cutting edge humor

You are still the guy who said that being fat is analogous to being a minority, stop bringing up up other bad posts they are still better than yours. Also in 2006 I was fat, gay and a minority. Guess which one of those things has changed.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

...of SCIENCE! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0-QnzeNLP4
I am sorry, SCIENCE, but nothing you say will make us pissbabies not hate this.

Also what McDoogle said.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Bifner McDoogle posted:

You are still the guy who said that being fat is analogous to being a minority, stop bringing up up other bad posts they are still better than yours. Also in 2006 I was fat, gay and a minority. Guess which one of those things has changed.
which is gayer, you or your posting?

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

TetsuoTW posted:

which is gayer, you or your posting?

I say my posting, but my posting tops so some people think its less gay

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

...of SCIENCE! posted:

you're awful and you should probably just go

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

...of SCIENCE! posted:

You sound fat.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Pomp posted:

lol if you unironically believe the way to deal with delusions caused by mental illness is to be an rear end in a top hat.

i dont think you understand. gbs are the internet's last arbiters of justice and they can't let anyone fat or dumb slide without making them feel their swift goony vengance. someone has to put these people in their place.

Gaspy Conana has a new favorite as of 19:20 on May 5, 2014

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lonely Virgil posted:

You sound fat.

the meme that if you make fun of goons then you're obviously just a butthurt member of whatever it is they hate is a pretty tired one too

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
It is almost definitely that everyone is following a predefined goon code of behavior and not at all that you are making stupid posts and being a oval office.

edit: just to clarify, both things are true

Clever Spambot has a new favorite as of 20:26 on May 5, 2014

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

...of SCIENCE! posted:

the meme that if you make fun of goons then you're obviously just a butthurt member of whatever it is they hate is a pretty tired one too

So just how fat are you?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DStecks posted:

EDIT: Next time you see a post here complaining about some group, mentally replace it with Brony/Gamer/MRA/Fat Activist/Troper and if the statement isn't meaningfully different, then it's probably a worthless post.

i'm 100% sure you're fat.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mans posted:

i'm 100% sure you're fat.

you're 100% correct

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

fats are gross lol

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm fat

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

fats are gross lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pomp posted:

I'm fat

I'm phat.