Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Slow is Fast posted:

Ya'll need jesus or therapy or something

This thread

I go every 2 weeks and it doesn't seem to help :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I was just in the Ace Hardware parking lot working on my brother's car radio when the store's alarm went off as a dude was walking out the store. The cashier came outside and said to the man, "You mind if I re-scan your items to see what went off?" He started running to his car and yelled, "I don't have anything!" I yelled back at him, "Then why are you running you piece of poo poo?" Then he jumped in his car and drove off.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Siochain posted:

As a PI regular, its not that scary as long as your not an idiot/ignore advice given.

But on topic for the cat thing - more litter boxes, try different kinds of litter, and grab some "cat attract" litter additive. Also, if you don't, clean the boxes daily. Some cats get a bee in their bonnet about the boxes being dirty.

We have a different type of litter in each box. I really think it's just one of them being a jerk. We don't allow them in my office or the bedroom because they knock poo poo over so I'm betting it's behavioral.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

We have a different type of litter in each box. I really think it's just one of them being a jerk. We don't allow them in my office or the bedroom because they knock poo poo over so I'm betting it's behavioral.

Yep, it's because cats are assholes.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

rscott posted:

I go every 2 weeks and it doesn't seem to help :smith:

I have therapy every night, and by therapy I mean that I drink.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

How many boxes do you have? If its less than 4, try that.

And TT: guess I need to tone down a build, then, so I can just go into the bathroom for a minute. I'm usually blowing clouds, which is pretty drat hard to hide.

Yeah I'm in the same boat, but if I use 100% pg the vapour is significantly thinner almost to the point that if you slowly breathe it out through your nose nobody can really tell.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

goatse guy posted:

I have therapy every night, and by therapy I mean that I drink.

Well I mean the only thing that prevents me from succumbing to my own ennui is smoking myself stupid enough not to care on a daily basis so I understand that

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Every thread is car insurance chat. :qq:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I should get some tequila for today but I havent been able to down any tequila since I drank a bottle 750 of Patron and puked my guts out last summer. The last thing I remember from that night is ripping the cork out with my teeth, punting it across the backyard while yelling, "gently caress yo cork!", chugging the rest of the bottle and yakking it back up 30 seconds later.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Yep, that sounds like the default Tequila experience.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AweUt50dBUU

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 5, 2014

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Took my final which was a joke like the rest of this class. So that's degree #2 completed and I'm definitely not going for a 3rd. New awesome job starts in two weeks :woop:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I should get some tequila for today but I havent been able to down any tequila since I drank a bottle 750 of Patron and puked my guts out last summer. The last thing I remember from that night is ripping the cork out with my teeth, punting it across the backyard while yelling, "gently caress yo cork!", chugging the rest of the bottle and yakking it back up 30 seconds later.

Patron is my best friend and worst enemy. I still have half a bottle from my last escapade with the stuff, when we went through 4 bottles in three nights. Speaking of Patron, I love how the news has been hyping up the lime shortage. Even heard one news channel say the Cartel is losing so much money from medicinal/legal weed, they're being forced to hijack lime farms & shipments. I laughed.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

rscott posted:

Well I mean the only thing that prevents me from succumbing to my own ennui is smoking myself stupid enough not to care on a daily basis so I understand that

I'm about at the point where I'm ready to try that. I've been trying to pick up the pieces of my life and put them back together but it's not working very well.

I was doing really well before it happened. I was really happy. I had two jobs that I loved, some friends, and a grand plan in life. Now I just feel lost, lonely, broken and confused. :smithicide:

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
loving hell, y'all. Thanks for making me feel better about my life, I guess?

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
By a beater, they said. You'll save money, they said.

:negative:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Beater=\= Any VAG product.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Beater=\= Any VAG product.

Let alone a 2.slow. There's just no redeeming characteristics.

That said, I'm not discouraging my mom from selling her A3 and getting a new Fender Beetle. :shrug:

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
It was cheapish. Like half the price of hondas of the same era, but not full of rust holes. I've owned BMWs for 6 years so I thought I was used to pain, but this car has just been utter garbage. I'm going back to the abuse I'm familiar with.

Right now it needs summer tires and a whole exhaust system so I don't think I'll fix anything.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

goatse guy posted:

I'm about at the point where I'm ready to try that. I've been trying to pick up the pieces of my life and put them back together but it's not working very well.

I was doing really well before it happened. I was really happy. I had two jobs that I loved, some friends, and a grand plan in life. Now I just feel lost, lonely, broken and confused. :smithicide:

Sounds like it's time to find a new focal point in life. Try a new hobby; or if it's an option, move to a new place and start over.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tusen Takk posted:

Yeah I'm in the same boat, but if I use 100% pg the vapour is significantly thinner almost to the point that if you slowly breathe it out through your nose nobody can really tell.

Yeah, not gonna happen. Nowhere out here has anything over 70pg that I know of, and I usually go with a max VG juice (caterpillar Cheshire is my adv). Ill manage, the plane rides will be harder than the airports.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

meatpimp posted:

Let alone a 2.slow. There's just no redeeming characteristics.

That said, I'm not discouraging my mom from selling her A3 and getting a new Fender Beetle. :shrug:

I know the newer poo poo is better. And.... I'm going to catch poo poo for saying this...

But seriously gently caress VAGs products from mid 90s till... just recently. Its nothing but jokes of engineering and this is coming from a guy who owns Rovers and GM vehicles.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Is it just a case of the US market stuff being poo poo? Because we finished the engine swap in my mate's A3 this weekend, and by and large it was a very easy car to work on.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

InitialDave posted:

Is it just a case of the US market stuff being poo poo? Because we finished the engine swap in my mate's A3 this weekend, and by and large it was a very easy car to work on.

I have nothing bad to say about the '01 Jetta I had. 1.8t motor with some APR mods and it was silly fun to pound around. I think the key with VW, as with other German cars, is constantly keeping on top of maintenance. If you get behind, they will destroy you.

Anghammarad
Jan 3, 2010

Ruining your domestic car industry since 1968
I know that feeling, My Skoda Octavia 4x4 estate (mk4 golf with a boot) is bleeding me dry with all the PO-defered maintenance i've got to catch up on.

Still, it scraped through the MOT so i've got a bit of time to catch up now

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
My Polo & Ibiza were both unrelenting shitheaps to work on, with a bunch of pain in the arse design decisions. I don't think any job I did on either car involved the same fastener type more than once, as compared to an MX-5 which can pretty much be dismantled with 3 socket sizes. However in retrospect that may have been a symptom of being the bargain basement models that were parts-binned together out of other cars, the fancier ones might be better. I haven't been tempted to find out.

*E* Also whoever designed the brake proportioning valve and put it where it goes on those cars deserves a special place in hell. "A bare aluminium box dangling on the underside of the car with no sleeves on the bolts? And we're going to smoosh it right up against the trailing arm joint on that side? Brilliant." :argh:

jammyozzy fucked around with this message at 23:00 on May 5, 2014

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Devyl posted:

Sounds like it's time to find a new focal point in life. Try a new hobby; or if it's an option, move to a new place and start over.

I still have my dealership job and I love it too much to give it up, and I have more than enough hobbies to keep me occupied. I have a place to live and a family that loves me too. I just have a lot of days where I'd rather throw myself off of a bridge because someone I thought of as a friend drugged me and assaulted me. I don't think anything will ever fix that.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

goatse guy posted:

I don't think anything will ever fix that.

Maybe not "fix," but time will temper it. Even though it seems like that won't happen.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Worst cinco de Mayo ever, I got to spend 9 hours in loving Seminole County Courthouse to not get picked as a juror.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

meatpimp posted:

I think the key with VW, as with other German cars, is constantly keeping on top of maintenance. If you get behind, they will destroy you.

Well, I think its just the general maintenance items seem to always require "drop the bumper" or "remove engine" for the most things that don't require engine removal on other brands.

It always seems like when VW parts bins poo poo, they just really have a bad time at parts binning things. BMW/Mercedes are pretty good about keeping poo poo pretty similar between the models (not always).

Devyl posted:

I sort of tried this, it ended up cropping up a poo poo load of other issues and so on. Thank god I am getting the gently caress out of here.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Well, I think its just the general maintenance items seem to always require "drop the bumper" or "remove engine" for the most things that don't require engine removal on other brands.

Don't forget service position.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

So big tubs with water jets suck. Neither my wife nor I use ours and it still requires a fill-and-run at least once or twice a year. Today I got the nice surprise of having the hot water tinged brown, whereas the cold water was clear with a light blue tinge. Looks like the one remaining hot water heater is on its way out.

Any reason to not go with mid-level Rheems at Home Depot? The two I'm replacing are Rheems, one 34k btu 40 gal, one 40k btu 40gal. Instead of going with 1 50 gal, I'm probably going to just replace both and plumb them in series instead of parallel like they were before. I just don't know if I should go with HD Rheems, or something else...

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Got the assistant manager rushing me through an alignment. Just toe and go with new parts so no big deal but still irks the gently caress out of me. He lowers the car all the way down while Im scrambling to write down the VINS and mileage and poo poo (admittedly should have done it to begin with) pull out and start driving around to the front, when I hear a loud clatter and see the one alignment head I forgot to take off while being rushed flying in the rear view across the parking lot. Landing right at the GM's feet while hes talking to another customer/friend. Of course the ONE time he was in the shop today that happened. Getting cussed out at work is great. Also cant wait for the Preoptopus hosed up jokes to start again. And I have had such a good dry spell too. Oh well, guess I was due.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 6, 2014

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Motronic posted:

Service position is getting bent over and pounded by the dealers service manager.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

cursedshitbox posted:

Service position is getting bent over and pounded by the dealers service manager.

I knew you would remember the first time we met.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

meatpimp posted:

I just don't know if I should go with HD Rheems, or something else...

They are all about the same any more.... Kind of like batteries.

Are you running gas or electric? If its electric, there is a plastic tank water heater that I would be really interested in trying out.

Also, do you have a water softener? My old house had one, the water heater was pushing close to 20+ years old and never had any issues.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
We have to have all our poo poo out of our house in 24hrs, have it totally clean, and be ready to go check into the hotel, to fly out in less than 72hrs.

House is a wreck, still tons to do, and I'm watching hockey. Procrastination is a bitch.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Motronic posted:

PHRASING BOOM!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

goatse guy posted:

I don't think anything will ever fix that.

Nothing will fix it, the key is learning how to deal with it in healthy ways the best you can. Real therapy definitely helps the process. Not so sure the whole time thing works really, you have to be proactive. As a victim of abuse that's my lovely opinion anyway.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is it weird that I feel guilty that I was never abused in any way? So many people I know were just wrecked by friends, family or people in a position of authority and I'm just over here dealing with being chubby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Also I feel sorry for anyone that has to change the fuel filter of a '96 Camry. Most pain in the rear end fuel filter in the history of cars, gently caress you Toyota.

• Locked thread