Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's pretty great that the 49ers didn't group rape somebody and it was just a crazy girl being crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

On the other hand they signed Perrish Cox

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's pretty great that the 49ers didn't group rape somebody and it was just a crazy girl being crazy.

Now if only TMZ would stop referring to them as the "Colin Kaepernick 911 calls."

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Coldforge posted:

So the police finally released the 911 calls regarding the Kaepernick/Lockette/Patton incident.

quote:

Police released tape of a pair of April 1 calls on Tuesday,a week later than expected and without idenifying the men who made the calls. The calls last a combined 3 minutes and 16 seconds.

In the first minute and 44 second call, a man who identifies himself as hotel security says he’s calling because a woman in the hotel room won’t leave.

“She said her name was Jesus, and she don’t have no clothes on,” the man tells the 911 operator. At one point, he said, she scaremed and began to cry.

When the operator asks who the woman is visiting, the guard responds, “She’s visiting this gentleman here.” The guard says the woman isn’t violent.

The second call, which lasts one minute and 32 seconds, involves another unidentified male who wants police to come because, he says, a woman is lying in bed “and she’s not leaving” until a friend of his shows up —who the woman is demanding to see.

“There’s a young lady in my friend’s bed,” the caller says. “She says she’s not leaving until she sees him.”

The man goes on to say he’s not sure of the woman’s name. When the 911 operator repeats that the woman is fully naked in the bed, the man says of his friend, “No, no, he’s not her boyfriend. He’s someone she wants to sleep with.”

Man, I've been to that party in high school.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Bad Moon posted:

I haven't :(

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Bad Moon posted:

You missed the best part.

quote:

“She said her name was Jesus"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Coldforge posted:

That was college

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Coldforge posted:

She's saying her name is Jesus, so are we assuming she was delusional and thinks she's Jesus... or is "she" a young cuban man named Jesus?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Chilichimp posted:

She's saying her name is Jesus, so are we assuming she was delusional and thinks she's Jesus... or is "she" a young cuban man named Jesus?

The next TMZ headline, no doubt.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
The craziest part of this story is someone being attracted to Colin "Tiny Face" Kaepernick .

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chichevache posted:

The craziest part of this story is someone being attracted to Colin "Tiny Face" Kaepernick .

You're just jealous because your qb couldn't hold onto a woman, while Colin is turning them away.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I do associate Colin Kaepernick with turnovers, yes.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Flikken posted:

You're just jealous because your qb couldn't hold onto a woman, while Colin is turning them away.

Quote is not edit.

Edit: :drat:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Quest For Glory II posted:

:iceburn:

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Flikken posted:

I'm pretty sure Wilson wanted to get a quick divorce in before he gets paid the big bucks.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Draft caps are hideous.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Boom

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

davecrazy posted:

Draft caps are hideous.

That's just the kind of hideous rig I'd expect Kaepernick to be sportin' while he peruses a hotel full of prostrate, naked women. He just wants one that doesn't think she's a deity, is that TOO MUCH TO ASK, FLORIDA?!?!?!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh hey guys that's a pretty cool hat.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i will talk about literally anything else to distract from a chilichimp post

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The Dave posted:

Oh hey guys that's a pretty cool hat.

Looks good with my 3d glasses I swiped from the local cinema.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Chichevache posted:

I know multiple women who think Joakim Noah is good looking, so I dunno.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

I mean I see what you're doing and good joke and all but just fyi he had 12 turnovers last season, which puts him behind only Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Alex Smith, Nick Foles, and Tony Romo, if you want to talk about guys that actually started 12+ games. So yeah...

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Alouicious posted:

i will talk about literally anything else to distract from a chilichimp post

Did you just change your av to be The Camnewthian or did I just never notice?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I just don't understand how a player agrees to these things.

quote:

Panthers S Charles Godfrey had his contract reworked, per source: base salary goes from $5M to $750k. He can earn $1.7M back in per game ...

... roster bonuses. Deal creates over $4M in cap space for Panthers right now. Sensible move for team in need of cap flexibility.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

KettleWL posted:

I mean I see what you're doing and good joke and all but just fyi he had 12 turnovers last season, which puts him behind only Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Alex Smith, Nick Foles, and Tony Romo, if you want to talk about guys that actually started 12+ games. So yeah...

Shut up Sash Kettle.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

KettleWL posted:

This was pretty much my reaction.

Then I remembered the last quarter of the NFCCG.

I mean seriously, man...

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Isn't it usually a "take this deal or we are cutting you" kind of deal?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

DangerKat posted:

I'm pretty sure Godfrey doesn't suck that much and they lost 2 guys in their secondary already this year. Granted that's not why their defense is good.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DangerKat posted:

This was one of those crazy old Hurney contracts and I'm pretty sure most of that money was guaranteed.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DupaDupa posted:

Did you just change your av to be The Camnewthian or did I just never notice?

wHat ǝɹɐ you talking abOUT

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

That's not a haircut. That's a decapitation.

Love the last little blurb about this being a sensible deal. That writer was temporarily possessed by Darren Rovell.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

FizFashizzle posted:

Gettleman has to have blackmail on all of these players. This is nuts.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Motherfucker was willing to cut Steve Smith. Imagine the things he'd be willing to do to a player that's not a fan favorite. Bench him, torpedo his value and cut him? Who knows what he threatened.

Anyway, Jonathan Stewart next, pls.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

Motherfucker was willing to cut Steve Smith. Imagine the things he'd be willing to do to a player that's not a fan favorite. Bench him, torpedo his value and cut him? Who knows what he threatened.

Anyway, Jonathan Stewart next, pls.

I'm not sure it's possible to touch Stewarts contract.

Maybe if you snuck an audio device under his pillow and talked to him all night as God or something.

fluffer muffle
Oct 15, 2010

RE: RUN SUPPORT

Toymachine posted:

I'm pretty sure Wilson wanted to get a quick divorce in before he gets paid the big bucks.

"Intangibles"

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Niiiiiiice

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Kettle you defend Kaep more than a 49ers fan my word

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I have a really bad feeling that this is going to be Antonio Gates' last season.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Fuckin finally

• Locked thread