Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Tykero posted:

Punch-through both expands your tactical options and acts as a force multiplier. I can't *not* put it on any weapon I use, aside from the obvious exceptions of Ogris, Penta, etc. I do wish there were more mods like Shred, though.

Obvious exceptions of Ogris and Penta, despite the fact that Shred is the single most important mod you can stick on a Penta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
The stance mods sound awesome.

I have yet to find a single one, or be on when one is available through an alert.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Shadows of the Dead no longer spawns Eximus/Leader types.

Nekros has been nerfed.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Are distilling extractors known to be bugged? I've made one so far, and not only does it not seem to get crap like detonite ampules any less than the normal models, the very few times it's scored a rare component it actually got it in a LESSER quantity than the standard extractors do (4 morphics from distiller, 6 from the normals). For twice the time. I wasted oxium on this garbage?! :ssj:

Serious Frolicking posted:

Whips are very good. Scoliac is arguably top tier, and the stances are both easy to get.
I haven't made a Lecta, but the Scoliac is INSANELY good at coptering as well. Real Indiana Jones poo poo!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Denzine posted:

Nekros has been nerfed.

Ha ha, so the unchallenged king of dps frames has fallen. Hopefully they won't nerf banshee or oberon next.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

McGiggins posted:

The stance mods sound awesome.

I have yet to find a single one, or be on when one is available through an alert.

Some of them are fun, others are less so. If you're on PC just ask in the clanchat, gently caress knows we have duplicates of everything except the super pain in the rear end ones and some even have those.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Ha ha, so the unchallenged king of dps frames has fallen. Hopefully they won't nerf banshee or oberon next.

Don't be hating on oberon now

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Shugojin posted:

If you're on PC just ask in the clanchat, gently caress knows we have duplicates of everything except the super pain in the rear end ones and some even have those.

A kind offer, but I am filthy and new, and must prove myself over time before entering the clan, which is perfectly fair.

I will certainly attempt that in due time though, and I have quite a few prime parts I'll never build that I'd like to trade into the clan then as well.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

McGiggins posted:

A kind offer, but I am filthy and new, and must prove myself over time before entering the clan, which is perfectly fair.

I will certainly attempt that in due time though, and I have quite a few prime parts I'll never build that I'd like to trade into the clan then as well.

In that case, I'd suggest either running some Dark Sector missions or hopping along for an Orokin Derelict Defense run. Infested drop the Fracturing Wind stance (Fist-only melee, for the Furax and Ankyros) like candy, and it has a combo called "Gaining Humility" which ends with a backhand slap. Far and away the easiest stance to get.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I have started to do some DS missions, though it's a little hard when the others that end up joining are trying to level their bratons while doing it. :sigh:

ODD is something I have been meaning to do, but have held off for fear of getting in over my head. I believe you have to craft some sort of special key for them from the otherwise useless nav coords I have nearly a thousand of?

Cheers for the advice, I'll try to follow up on it tonight.

E: just registered the back handed slap.

I want.

\/\/\/\/\/
Pressure point not affecting Channel damage is a huge thing that should really be referenced some way on the card.

I'll not slot it for the melee builds in future then.

McGiggins fucked around with this message at 05:20 on May 7, 2014

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

You'd obviously still use pressure point first, though.

Oddly enough, pressure point doesn't actually affect channeling damage, just basic stabs and the like.

So matching damage type boosts can actually be better depending on what you're doing.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
I need to beg someone for the Braton Prime's BP and parts, any goon willing to part with spares?

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Total noob applying as Brutor_Fartknocker, I have no shame. This game seems pretty cool, but not without some people to roll with.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
If you're applying for PC, the OP has a form for you to fill out.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Hey newbies on the PC, join the loving clan, us old timers can solo ODD for 60min, are swimming in prime parts we don't need and have 20 duplicates of all the good mods. We don't care about your MK1 Braton, or your lovely loadout, playing with us is infinitely better than playing with pubs.

User Friendly
Jul 19, 2003

Thanks to ps4 guys DojiSekushi, Roboprime, p-niiice and the other guys for the mods/t3 runs.
I could'nt chat, but it was cool to come along for the ride :)

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Denzine posted:

Nekros has been nerfed.

I hope this at least means they'll finally get around to buffing rhino.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Sandweed posted:

:siren::havlat:Hey newbies on the PC, join the loving clan, us old timers can solo ODD for 60min, are swimming in prime parts we don't need and have 20 duplicates of all the good mods. We don't care about your MK1 Braton, or your lovely loadout, playing with us is infinitely better than playing with pubs.:havlat::siren:
Because we haven't had enough sirens in this thread lately. (I can't find the PCgaming frog with the siren in his mouth :( )
I got my stupid hatscarf and I don't like it because it doesn't match my colour scheme (Yellow/Green). Thanks for giving us a free hatscarf and not letting us change it.
What is the next stupid Event item going to be?

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Croccers posted:

What is the next stupid Event item going to be?

Statless hats with no color customization.
:shepface:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

This is why the phased vauban skin sucks.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Sandweed posted:

This is why the phased vauban skin sucks.
Except it owns because space train. And also because neither of his alt helmets are that great stat-wise.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Helter Skelter posted:

Except it owns because space train. And also because neither of his alt helmets are that great stat-wise.

Phased Vauban channeling is the best as your whole body becomes a glowing mess.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

TheParadigm posted:

Oddly enough, pressure point doesn't actually affect channeling damage, just basic stabs and the like.

So matching damage type boosts can actually be better depending on what you're doing.

Are you sure about this? Channeling does +50% damage without mods, so if that was +50% of only your base damage plus elementals, you would actually notice a drop in damage over normal strikes boosted by a +120% pressure point. Yet channeling does more damage than normal strikes, even with no channeling mods on.

Edit: whoops, Pressure Point actually goes up to 120% now.

Avynte posted:

Move over squidframe, jellyfish frame has got you beat. :cthulhu:

Cathair fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 7, 2014

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Avynte posted:

If you attach Castanas to it, you'd get extra trails.

More Castana wielding players = 6 more trails per person.

Is there anything Castanas cannot improve?

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

McGiggins posted:

Is there anything Castanas cannot improve?

Pubbies :v:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

You can turn them into a castana delivery device, so yes they can be improved by castanas :v:

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

I just realized that I can upgrade my skill mods :O

Has anyone tried warframe on ps vita remote play? Does it work good?

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

From when I tried it it felt like junk. That said I don't like the PS4 version because R3 isn't an instant toggle crouch like on PC, so the game as a whole feels a tad bit sluggish.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

TheParadigm posted:

Where did you get this from? Isn't channeling (without bonuses) a fixed +50% of the total damage after all damage modifiers are applied?

edit

In the devstream about melee, I remember one of the dudes saying that total melee damage(channeled) = total damage(unchanneled)+(total damage(unchanneled) * 0.5)

I love cats fucked around with this message at 17:04 on May 7, 2014

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Sistergodiva posted:

I just realized that I can upgrade my skill mods :O

Has anyone tried warframe on ps vita remote play? Does it work good?

There is 2 frame skills you shouldn't actually upgrade, can't remember who now.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Sandweed posted:

There is 2 frame skills you shouldn't actually upgrade, can't remember who now.

I think Zephyr's Tailwind is one, people find it difficult to control at high ranks. That said it actually drops from things now (and how) so it's okay to upgrade since you'll have no problems getting an unranked one to revert your poo poo.

Other than that all I'm coming up with is ones that aren't worth the cores because they suck :v:

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

But is Loki I should at least upgrade invis right?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Shugojin posted:

I think Zephyr's Tailwind is one, people find it difficult to control at high ranks. That said it actually drops from things now (and how) so it's okay to upgrade since you'll have no problems getting an unranked one to revert your poo poo.
This is preposterous because sailing across half a level in 1.2 seconds is priceless!

Zephyr is my new favorite, because drastically increased air control during jumps rules, and Turbulence is almost as good as Iron Skin, which is pretty much the highest praise you can give any ability that isn't iron skin!

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012
Loki's decoy. Upgrading it only adds duration. Since you mod Loki for duration, that is covered.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Sistergodiva posted:

Upgrade everything. You can skip decoy, because upgrading it does not add much, and you probably need the equip points for something else.

A quick guide about basic Loki setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5JKoB6lgv8

Advanced Loki setup (don't bother yourself with it for the time being):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xLuY8Okm6Y

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

I love cats posted:

Upgrade everything. You can skip decoy, because upgrading it does not add much, and you probably need the equip points for something else.

A quick guide about basic Loki setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5JKoB6lgv8

Advanced Loki setup (don't bother yourself with it for the time being):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xLuY8Okm6Y

Thanks! Didn't realize that you can switch place with decoys, that's loving awesome and opens up a lot of options.

I seem to be having a lot of problems with mobility on the ps4. It seems like the sprint is really janky, and my warframe never really behaves like I want to, making wallrunning and stuff really hard. Any settings or keybindings that work better than the default one?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Sistergodiva posted:

I think the two mods in question were Trinity abilities, and they've since been overhauled so that's no longer a problem.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Sistergodiva posted:

I seem to be having a lot of problems with mobility on the ps4. It seems like the sprint is really janky, and my warframe never really behaves like I want to, making wallrunning and stuff really hard. Any settings or keybindings that work better than the default one?

Turn off the option to hold jump to wallrun. This way, you only need to press it once to grab onto things, then press it once more to jump away. Note that pushing jump while grabbing a wall, causes your warframe to spring away from it.

If you wish to jump in any given direction while you are hanging on a wall, aim and use quick melee.

Also, assign toggle sprint on/off to whatever key you use for sprinting. This way, you are no longer required to press it down all the time.

Read more here:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Maneuvers

I love cats fucked around with this message at 18:32 on May 7, 2014

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Sandweed posted:

Hey newbies on the PC, join the loving clan, us old timers can solo ODD for 60min, are swimming in prime parts we don't need and have 20 duplicates of all the good mods. We don't care about your MK1 Braton, or your lovely loadout, playing with us is infinitely better than playing with pubs.
Finally left my placeholder clan thanks to your compelling arguments!

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Cathair posted:

Are you sure about this? Channeling does +50% damage without mods, so if that was +50% of only your base damage plus elementals, you would actually notice a drop in damage over normal strikes boosted by a +120% pressure point. Yet channeling does more damage than normal strikes, even with no channeling mods on.

You know, that may have gotten fixed in melee 2.0. It used to not affect -charge- attacks, and I think i was misremembering.