Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I've never listened to TAH but enjoyed this episode a lot. How appropriate that PFT plays a character who is introduced via off-mic giggling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

riddler

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Mr. Squishy posted:

Yeah, it's not that great an episode. It's also non-canonical, so why did they even bother?

I wish there had been a note up front. I've avoided the live shows because of my dedication to CBB canon.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I agree with the forum poster Beeez as well, because he is me.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
I agree with forum poster Beeez. I won't stand for this co-mingling.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think it's clear that it's CBB canon but not TAH canon. I enjoyed it.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Thoogsby posted:

I agree with forum poster Beeez. I won't stand for this co-mingling.

Hey now, let's not get racist here. The Adventure Hourians can mingle with us as long as they know they're inferior in every way.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Go listen to the Walt Whitman episode of Adventure Hour and tell me it isn't funny.

edit: I think I am getting my podcast wires crossed. Beyond Belief is still funny, though.

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 5, 2014

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I had people around me at work asking if I was ok as I tried to squelch the laughter generated by "but there's always my way out. Thunderclap. Look up."

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Via Aukerman's twitter, apparently there are going to be more of them:

I came to play!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Lugaloco posted:

Via Aukerman's twitter, apparently there are going to be more of them:

I came to play!

JW Stillwater may be PFT's most incredible character based solely on the response from a single appearance.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

JW Stillwater may be PFT's most incredible character based solely on the response from a single appearance.

I like that it was based on PFT doing a silly voice once on the best-of episodes.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I love that even if you don't know any of the guests beforehand, you'll always hear PFT before he's introduced due to him laughing in the background. :3:

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

I just became incredibly disappointed that this episode featured PFT as an alien and yet lacked an a cappella rendition of the cantina music.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

JethroMcB posted:

I think its one of the funnest characters he does. It lets him yell like cake boss but he can go so many places with it its great. Plus it has created the Closing Sentiment Off.

Waffleopolis posted:

I love that even if you don't know any of the guests beforehand, you'll always hear PFT before he's introduced due to him laughing in the background. :3:

Adomian as well.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Drunkboxer posted:

I like that it was based on PFT doing a silly voice once on the best-of episodes.

Yeah, I heard that best-of part 4 again recently and never made the connection before then. It's awesome hearing him basically bullshit some lines and then using them as the exact catchphrases for JW.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I am shocked at the reception this episode had with y'all, this is currently my pick for best episode of the year. I loved it and was laughing really, really hard quite a bit.

Most notably, every time they sang the Riddler song.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I think that's the rudest thing anyone's ever said to me.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Today I launched a ship called hope.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Thoogsby posted:

Today I launched a ship called hope.

Watch out for the Jörmungand :ohdear:

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Waffleopolis posted:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Holy poo poo Marc Evan Jackson is bald? Did not expect that.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Terror Sweat posted:

Holy poo poo Marc Evan Jackson is bald? Did not expect that.

He's not bald. He doesn't have the most hearty hairline you'll ever see, but he's not bald.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Also he's a Monk and that's a tonsure, please respect it.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I actually really liked the TAH episode. I guess I'm the only one. Croach wasn't that great but Mark Evan Jackson was great and PFT's character was the best. I hope he brings it back to CBB.

My favorite PFT characters by far at the moment are his original characters. Mike the janitor and JW Stillwater and the personal pan pizza guy he did on NNF. Alan Thicke is pretty good but I'm sort of confused as to what makes Alan Thicke funny.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I actually really liked the TAH episode. I guess I'm the only one.

I liked it too.

My favorite PFT characters by far at the moment are his original characters. Mike the janitor and JW Stillwater and the personal pan pizza guy he did on NNF. Alan Thicke is pretty good but I'm sort of confused as to what makes Alan Thicke funny.

I vaguely remember him doing a juice bar guy or something on the Todd Glass Show a long time ago that was super funny.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Juice Bar Genie is too intense for an episode of CBB. PFT would die before they even got to the game.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Do you know which episode it was from? I have to re-listen to it now because I honestly can't remember anything about it except that I enjoyed it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

#30, apparently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq-4r_Ye-s

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

tnimark posted:

I vaguely remember him doing a juice bar guy or something on the Todd Glass Show a long time ago that was super funny.

Ha, I was going to say juice bar guy but I dunno if it's really an original character, since it's based on a real guy. :v:

tnimark posted:

Do you know which episode it was from? I have to re-listen to it now because I honestly can't remember anything about it except that I enjoyed it.

Episode 30 and/or 31, and he does it some more in episode 35.

Remember when The Todd Glass Show had good guests on more than maybe once every few months? Good times.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Scott Aukerman is having a reddit ama thing today in about half an hour (1pm EST)
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/

Scott answered my quick Q, I can now finally pull the trigger on this suicide pact

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 7, 2014

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zsinjeh posted:

Scott Aukerman is having a reddit ama thing today in about half an hour (1pm EST)

I hate Scott Aukerman because I'm so jealous of him. Actually, I love him but I hate that I do.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

Can you point me to the JW origin episode?

Edit: Nevermind, found it - the Comedy Bing Bong wiki is surprisingly indepth

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Zsinjeh posted:

Scott answered my quick Q, I can now finally pull the trigger on this suicide pact

Anybody feel like posting some highlights for people who don't want to sift through reddit? ie me

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Only highlight was my question getting answered:

How do you feel doing a podcast with a COWARD who doesn't have the balls to ask the subject of the podcast onto the show despite running into him every other day?

[–]SAukerman[S]
It's ridiculous - how many times does he have to have the opportunity to talk to Bonos before he talks to Bonos?

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

how bout them t-shirts

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Thoogsby posted:

how bout them t-shirts

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Anybody feel like posting some highlights for people who don't want to sift through reddit? ie me

Someone floated the idea of a PFT pilot project that Scott liked, and he hinted he was doing something new with Jimmy Pardo soon (probably a new U2? but maybe a new podcast..?)

Not much else.

He's also still riding that "ALL NEW MARON!" thing pretty hard. Still wonder what Marc did this time...

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Submitted without comment:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
In that reddit AMA, someone suggests to Scott that Ice-T needs to do another podcast appearance, perhaps with Coco. Scott's response:

quote:

Thank you! Yes! I'll suggest to PFT that he should do it with Coco. Lapkus, maybe?

PFT/Lapkus doing Ice-T and Coco sounds like it would be amazing.