Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I seem to have had my head in the sand about James Wilson, what sort of striker is he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Jippa posted:

I seem to have had my head in the sand about James Wilson, what sort of striker is he?

He's like Ronaldo, either one

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Has anyone checked he's not the bastard child of Giggs and someone else's wife?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Blue Screen Error posted:

He's like Ronaldo, either one

Ah so he is like Ronaldo Rodrigues de Jesus.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

St Evan Echoes posted:

lmao if you think we're taking a single shot in that game. Carroll won't come within 10 yards of another west ham player.

My fellow Kiwi Big Winston Reid is going to do me a favour and single-handedly win the game.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Jippa posted:

He's really good at scoring goals. Very fast, good movement, great finisher from close but also has a good long shot. Atm the rest of his game isn't on the same level but he's only 18 and getting better at the rest all the time.

imo he's good enough not to need a loan and if United do a good clear out in the summer then he could be in the first team squad as like 3rd choice striker.

Lot 49 fucked around with this message at 09:48 on May 7, 2014

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Why is he a bad manager, do you think

He played Kyle Walker as a central midfielder more than once.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Lot 49 posted:

Atm the rest of his game isn't on the same level but he's only 18 and getting better at the rest all the time.

Is he better or worse than Macheda was at 18?

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
He's about the same. Maybe a little better because he's got real pace which Macheda never had but there's not much in it.

Hopefully his goals last night don't go to his head and he doesn't stagnate like Macheda. Crazy that it took until this season for him to move to a club where he could actually get games and get his career going.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Jose posted:

Pardew wants to sign Andros Townsend :negative:

Townsend is pretty frustrating. I still think with the right coaching he could be good but his decision making is awful. Isn't pardew probably leaving though?

Lot 49 posted:

He's really good at scoring goals. Very fast, good movement, great finisher from close but also has a good long shot. Atm the rest of his game isn't on the same level but he's only 18 and getting better at the rest all the time.

imo he's good enough not to need a loan and if United do a good clear out in the summer then he could be in the first team squad as like 3rd choice striker.

Sounds interesting, thanks.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 10:40 on May 7, 2014

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Lot 49 posted:

This is why I dont have a problem every time someone says we are gonna sell Hernandez.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

He played Kyle Walker as a central midfielder more than once.

Oh come on, name one time playing your RB in central midfield backfired for a Premier League manager

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Pellegrini played DeMichelis in centre midfield against loving Chelsea, Sherwood's not the worst offender this season.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Pellegrini played DeMichelis in centre midfield against loving Chelsea, Sherwood's not the worst offender this season.

Maybe that wasn't the worst idea. DeMichelis isn't a great footballer, but the criticism of him is getting hyperbolic and Pellegrini must have a decent rational reason to trust him.

I don't think Sherwood ever had the squad availability issues City was dealing with at the time.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Taff posted:

This is why I dont have a problem every time someone says we are gonna sell Hernandez.
Hernandez being loving garbage is the main reason you shouldn't have a problem with selling him

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

St Evan Echoes posted:

Hernandez being loving garbage is the main reason you shouldn't have a problem with selling him

Imagine Hernandez running onto Andy knockdowns and Jarvis flickons every day, phwoar.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Eric Cantonese posted:

Maybe that wasn't the worst idea. DeMichelis isn't a great footballer, but the criticism of him is getting hyperbolic and Pellegrini must have a decent rational reason to trust him.

I think he's actually been decent enough at centre back, you can't really blame him for drawing a red card against Lionel loving Messi, but I'm guessing you didn't see the Chelsea/CDM debacle. It was Pellegrini's fault to put him there, not his, but it was truly awful.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
DeMichelis looks like a good player now. He was hilarious at first.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Demichelis has been pretty good in the second half of the season. Some of the criticism he's got has been outright absurd.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
Demichelis' late-career improvement should really inspire us all.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

St Evan Echoes posted:

Hernandez owns sorry you don't follow football.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

julian assflange posted:

He is bad at football, he isn't good enough at link-up play and he can't even put chances away anymore. He's poo poo m7

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
He's real good and would be a great signing for any team that needs a goal scorer.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

euroboy posted:

Demichelis has been pretty good in the second half of the season. Some of the criticism he's got has been outright absurd.
I was promoting this all along. He's just been poo poo at distribution.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
I think my days as an itk could be over.....

It looks like Butt and Giggs will be the only two to survive in the summer shakeup. Not 100% yet.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Demichelis has been pretty awesome for a while now (cue hilarious gently caress up this evening), basically ever since that Hull game when Kompany got sent off.

He even won our Player of the Month for April.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

I really don't want Liverpool to win the title, but I really want Villa to win and it's doing my head in

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 478 days!

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Demichelis has been pretty awesome for a while now (cue hilarious gently caress up this evening), basically ever since that Hull game when Kompany got sent off.

He even won our Player of the Month for April.

He looked so drat bad and lost at the start of the year. Every time he was on the ball I swear my screen said "Buffering...." but the other 21 players on the pitch were moving at regular speed.

He really has looked better than Kompany the past few weeks :shh:

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

mynameisjohn posted:

I really don't want Liverpool to win the title, but I really want Villa to win and it's doing my head in

Concentrate on your own club. I think you'll be happier that way. Don't worry about Liverpool. No offense to your side, but the possibility of City screwing up as badly as Liverpool need them too is close to zero.

Is Lambert's job really in danger at this point? Given what Lerner has put the club through, I thought Lambert has achieved reasonable objectives and deserves more time.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 7, 2014

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Taff posted:

I think my days as an itk could be over.....

It looks like Butt and Giggs will be the only two to survive in the summer shakeup. Not 100% yet.

Why Butt? I honestly don't get it.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Eric Cantonese posted:

Is Lambert's job really in danger at this point? Given what Lerner has put the club through, I thought Lambert has achieved reasonable objectives and deserves more time.
Most of the fans have turned on him, I love him...so I don't really know. There's no sign from inside the club that he's in danger. Lerner might sell this Summer, though, so it could not be up to him.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Lot 49 posted:

You're mad if you think United are going into the new season with an untested kid as 3rd choice striker, especially with this year being such a disaster and RVP reverting back to being perma-crocked. When games go back to being important he will go back to the reserves with the occasional bit of bench warming.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Redundant posted:

You're mad if you think United are going into the new season with an untested kid as 3rd choice striker, especially with this year being such a disaster and RVP reverting back to being perma-crocked. When games go back to being important he will go back to the reserves with the occasional bit of bench warming.

Yeah Van Gaal never uses youth teamers in important roles.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Spangly A posted:

Yeah Van Gaal never uses youth teamers in important roles.
Even if Hernandez is sold Welbeck will play up top before him assuming nobody else is brought in. The kid will be back in the reserves or on loan regardless of who is in charge.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
It's what I would like to happen but I agree it's unlikely.

United will probably be retarded in the summer and spend all their money buying new centre forwards or something.

Lot 49 fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 7, 2014

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Redundant posted:

Even if Hernandez is sold Welbeck will play up top

What if, gods be good, both are sold?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Lot 49 posted:

It's what I would like to happen but I agree it's unlikely.

United will probably be retarded in the summer and spend all their money buying new centre forwards or something.

Van Gaal knows what he's doing. Worse comes to worst, you guys don't really buy anybody that notable in the summer due to van Gaal's World Cup commitments and then make some 1-2 big December buys.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

julian assflange posted:

He's garbage

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 478 days!

Eric Cantonese posted:

Van Gaal knows what he's doing. Worse comes to worst, you guys don't really buy anybody that notable in the summer due to van Gaal's World Cup commitments and then make some 1-2 big December buys.

So pretty mutch what they did this year? Sounds great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

TheRat posted:

What if, gods be good, both are sold?
England fans celebrate the fact that Welbeck will never win another cap.

• Locked thread