Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Schwack posted:

WalterFootball gives the Sherman extension a B-.

Apparently Earl Thomas only got a B+.

What the heck does it take to even crack an A-? Signing a franchise quarterback to a 2m/year deal or something?

It's WalterFootball...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Schwack demands Walter's approval.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm4TG56KGZ4

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I wonder who's gonna be the rear end in a top hat to come out to Skrillex.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I hope JFF comes out to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrygAv93Ick

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

MourningView posted:

Someone posted a thing on the official website of the national football league calling him too small on this very page and you were like "nah, doesn't count".

You sure are outraged that I don't feel a "thing" on the official website of the national football league should be considered very public.

As opposed to people repeating it ad nauseam on the tv stations of the entertainment and sports programming network and the official TV network of the national football league.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Schwack posted:

WalterFootball gives the Sherman extension a B-.

Apparently Earl Thomas only got a B+.

What the heck does it take to even crack an A-? Signing a franchise quarterback to a 2m/year deal or something?

Short term prove it deals for talented players.

Apparently he grades paying market rate for guys as not worth more then a B+. :shrug:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ozu posted:

Schwack demands Walter's approval.

You should see how 13 year old Joey Picarelli rated the signing on Bleacher Report. It was so bad that a dude with over 2.5k blog posts and zero journalistic career earnings had to correct him and say that It was actually a B+ signing, not a B(+).

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Coldforge posted:

You sure are outraged that I don't feel a "thing" on the official website of the national football league should be considered very public.

As opposed to people repeating it ad nauseam on the tv stations of the entertainment and sports programming network and the official TV network of the national football league.

I would guess most of the time when they talk about Carr that comes up. They talk about Carr way less because he wasn't projected to be the number 1 pick for a whole year and fewer people care about him.

But fine, whatever, I don't even care. Calling a skinny guy skinny is racist. Everyone is racist, everywhere, except you. You win.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Coldforge posted:

Carr wasn't projected to be a top 2 pick for a year and a half. He's not going to be talked about like Bridgewater because Bridgewater is among the biggest names in the draft, even if his stock is "falling."

beaten

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh hey, Walter Football articles have comments

Yup, that's exactly what I expected.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

Kalli posted:

gently caress you

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I too, get really mad about someone spending money that isn't mine for the purpose of brain damage.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Gerty posted:

gently caress you
:cb:

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

All football players are narcissists

Hell I'm a narcissist and I'm not even a football player

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

MourningView posted:

I would guess most of the time when they talk about Carr that comes up. They talk about Carr way less because he wasn't projected to be the number 1 pick for a whole year and fewer people care about him.

They do talk about Carr way less, but I've never heard a negative in regards to his *frame.* They talk about his brother (sometimes as a positive thing, because legacy/learn from mistake), they talk about the system he was in. Of course his arm.

Volkerball posted:

Carr wasn't projected to be a top 2 pick for a year and a half. He's not going to be talked about like Bridgewater because Bridgewater is among the biggest names in the draft, even if his stock is "falling."

beaten

Same. This is all a valid point, but completely aside from what I actually said.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

waah posted:

I wonder who's gonna be the rear end in a top hat to come out to Skrillex.

Colt Lyerla

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

MourningView posted:

But fine, whatever, I don't even care. Calling a skinny guy skinny is racist. Everyone is racist, everywhere, except you. You win.

So this is new. I never said racism. Anywhere. You did. You win at leaping to conclusions.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Rasczak posted:

It isn't narcissism if you really are a golden god.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

This would own a lot. Whoever came out to this would be my favorite player.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Coldforge posted:

So this is new. I never said racism. Anywhere. You did. You win.

The whole discussion was kicked off by people saying he was drawing unfair criticism because he's black!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

MourningView posted:

The whole discussion was kicked off by people saying he was drawing unfair criticism because he's black!

That's fine, but I never took part in that. Accuse someone else.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Chichevache posted:

It isn't narcissism if you really are a golden god.

This guy gets it

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Coldforge posted:

That's fine, but I never took part in that. Accuse someone else.

Well that's what I was arguing with so when you jump in to argue back it seems like that was probably your point!!!!

So yeah it just comes down to them talking about Bridgewater a lot more which like duh or that they would rather talk about Carr's brother when they talk about him because that's all anyone knows about him.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Ah man I just heard the news. That Sherman contract :hawksin:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Rasczak posted:

Now imagine you've been told all your life that you're the best football player on your block, in your town, in your high school, in your county, in your state, in your college, all the way up to the pros.

The amount of football players that aren't egotistical could probably fit on a single index card. Even punters can't fight for human equality without being narcissistic little shits that bring it back to themselves and their personal brand.

That's why I didn't give much stock to the "Johnny Manziel is a troublemaker" criticism over the 2013 season. Whatever every kid fuckin parties in college and gets drunk. Who cares.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Quest For Glory II posted:

Now imagine you've been told all your life that you're the best football player on your block, in your town, in your high school, in your county, in your state, in your college, all the way up to the pros.

The amount of football players that aren't egotistical could probably fit on a single index card. Even punters can't fight for human equality without being narcissistic little shits that bring it back to themselves and their personal brand.

That's why I didn't give much stock to the "Johnny Manziel is a troublemaker" criticism over the 2013 season. Whatever every kid fuckin parties in college and gets drunk. Who cares.

Julio Jones is actually an amazingly humble individual.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I do buy some of it. Every player parties in college. Not every one is at the ESPY's and dicking around with celebrities and getting wrapped up in as much non-football poo poo that he was involved in. I think you're going to get just as much effort out of him as you would any other player, but he is going to have to make football a much bigger priority in the NFL than he did in college, because he's got a long way to go.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Doltos posted:

You should see how 13 year old Joey Picarelli rated the signing on Bleacher Report. It was so bad that a dude with over 2.5k blog posts and zero journalistic career earnings had to correct him and say that It was actually a B+ signing, not a B(+).

YO.

Shut up. You suck at Dota.

I just want everyone to agree that everything my team does is the best, is that too much to ask? Apparently it is.

Kalli posted:

Oh hey, Walter Football articles have comments

It's me. I'm stupid pat.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
~Grey Cup MVP~ Kory Sheets was arrested for smokin weed and driving in Canada. Off to a hot start to his pro bowl career in the NFL.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Anyone know where I can find some good footage of the playoff game between the 9ers and Panthers?

I just remember it being incredibly physical in the first half.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

John Brown posted:

Anyone know where I can find some good footage of the playoff game between the 9ers and Panthers?

It was, the Panthers played so hard they burnt themselves out. NFL rewind might be your only option unless you just want highlights.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Schwack posted:

YO.

Shut up. You suck at Dota.

I'm Really Good at Dota and crush Goon inhouses whenever I care to join them :colbert:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Azhais posted:

Super-Sprøde

or Pursuit of Vikings

If you're going to come out to Freezepop it's gotta be Less Talk More Rokk

And with the 1st pick, the Houston Texans Select... BWAAAAAAOOOWWW

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

John Brown posted:

I thought their regular season match up was way more physical and a better game from a cloud of dust standpoint (and not just because Carolina won).

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The Giants have been ruled out of hard knocks. http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/5/7/5691050/report-hard-knocks-ny-giants-tom-coughlin

It's totally gonna be the Bears isn't it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

waah posted:

I thought their regular season match up was way more physical and a better game from a cloud of dust standpoint (and not just because Carolina won).

The regular season game was way more physical and a massive defensive slugfest. If it wasn't for Carlos Rogers loving up (TWICE) on that DeAngelo TD it could have been 9-6.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Febreeze posted:

The Giants have been ruled out of hard knocks. http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/5/7/5691050/report-hard-knocks-ny-giants-tom-coughlin

It's totally gonna be the Bears isn't it

Nope Team's volunteered, And Phil Emery said fuuuuuck that in his pre-draft press conference

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
As long as we're on the topic of NFL affairs, The Cutlers just had their baby. Named it Jaxson.

Mr DeVille got some 'splainin to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Dexo posted:

Nope Team's volunteered, And Phil Emery said fuuuuuck that in his pre-draft press conference

I'm really sad that we wont get a weekly Alshon and Marshall TV Show now :(

• Locked thread