Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Nothing to see here.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Uh, you know we have a GIF thread, right?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I thought it was just 2014 gifs. I'll move it there.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Now that entrance music is up to the player, we're just a couple years away from awesome choreographed victory dances.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Azhais posted:

As long as we're on the topic of NFL affairs, The Cutlers just had their baby. Named it Jaxson.

Mr DeVille got some 'splainin to do

can't wait 22 years when Jax Cutler is lighting up the NFL

if he doesn't die of a preventable childhood disease

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Jesus, Roger Goodell barely waited a month after Ralph Wilson died before demanding a new stadium or the team would leave. What a dickhead

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

They can't really leave though, all they can do is renovate the place and that's probably what they'll do. The lease has a buyout of the last 3 years but that's still a long, long time away.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Alouicious posted:

can't wait 22 years when Jax Cutler is lighting up the NFL

if he doesn't die of a preventable childhood disease

In 20 years tragedy will strike Northwestern as wholly preventable meningitis strikes down 3-Star Recruit QB Jax Cutler.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

DupaDupa posted:

In 20 years tragedy will strike Northwestern as wholly preventable meningitis strikes down 3-Star Recruit QB Jax Cutler.

Or the whole team gets polio. We call them "The Northwestern Iron Lungs"

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
If only they had voted for Unionization.

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME

DupaDupa posted:

The Dayton Triangle Shirtwaist Fire

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

DupaDupa posted:

When they are winning Big 10 titles because they didn't unionize we will see who has the last laugh :colbert:

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I'm glad Sherman got paid, the only downside is it sets the bar high for AZ to extend Patrick Peterson as there is no way his agent will take less than Sherman. I'm glad the cap is going up.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

skipdogg posted:

I'm glad Sherman got paid, the only downside is it sets the bar high for AZ to extend Patrick Peterson as there is no way his agent will take less than Sherman. I'm glad the cap is going up.

Is he as good as Sherman?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

gently caress Phil Emery for not getting the Bears on Hard Knocks!

(You can still make it up to me tomorrow)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Not at the moment, but he does have special teams and offensive ability as well. He's pretty much Percy Harvin at corner. Personally I think he might end up having a better career than Sherman does overall.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

N. JFF tells teams if they pass on him, they will regret it.

V. JFF owns

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Sataere posted:

V. JFF owns

He's starting to sense the Rodgers freefall.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Poe owns. Mid 90's represent.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Speaking of sports entertainment, who wants an oral history of the XFL

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2014/5/7/5683742/xfl-oral-history

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Sataere posted:

V. JFF owns

This is literally what every player tells every team.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

No Butt Stuff posted:

Probably a toss up. He's a top 5 CB in the league, and he's very important to Arizona. There is no way they will let him walk. Arizona likes to keep good players and good people around even if it isn't strictly the best football decision(Fitzgerald, Dockett, etc.)

Here's a quick ESPN article about it. http://espn.go.com/blog/arizona-cardinals/post/_/id/6113/peterson-in-line-to-stop-shermans-deal

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Chichevache posted:

Not at the moment, but he does have special teams and offensive ability as well. He's pretty much Percy Harvin at corner. Personally I think he might end up having a better career than Sherman does overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKVDXGx3AMg

He has a very different relationship with Crabtree than Sherman does.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

The Puppy Bowl posted:

This is literally what every player tells every team.

I don't think you quite understand! Johnny Manziel told teams they would regret passing on him!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
You're right. I misunderstood, my apologies.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Made him seem even cockier to me. But whatever. He's either going to fail and it's going to be awesome, or he's going to be awesome and it's going to be awesome.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Coldforge posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKVDXGx3AMg

He has a very different relationship with Crabtree than Sherman does.

Every corner should have one WR who inexplicably owns him. Sherman has Titus Young, Revis has Ted Ginn, and Peterson can have Crabs.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
You're only saying that because Young is out of the league and probably dead.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You're only saying that because Young is out of the league and probably dead.

Justin Blackmon will probably be the next great challenge for Sherman :unsmigghh:

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

Speaking of sports entertainment, who wants an oral history of the XFL

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2014/5/7/5683742/xfl-oral-history

quote:

The first game was unbelievable. The first game at the Citrus Bowl for the Rage, we sold more beer than any event in the history of the Citrus Bowl. You have to remember, we only sold 36,000 tickets. We didn't open the upper deck.

The record had been set at 60,000 from a Jimmy Buffett concert. I can't remember what the number is anymore. We ran out of beer. The beer distributor ran out of beer and had to start shuttling beer in. I think the building holds 64,000. We had 36,000. At 36,000, we set the beer record. We're pretty proud of that.

see this is the poo poo that makes me want the xfl to still exist

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Every corner should have one WR who inexplicably owns him. Sherman has Titus Young, Revis has Ted Ginn, and Peterson can have Crabs.

Peterson also got owned by Kendall Wright last year. 12 catches for 150, with at least half of that coming matched up against PP.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

Justin Blackmon will probably be the next great challenge for Sherman :unsmigghh:

Stevie Johnson isn't his favorite.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I'd love to watch Plax get all excited and jump up and down as the 2nd period comes to a close.

Then his pistol dislodges from his waistband and he goes back to prison.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

You'd think his prison sentence would have taught him a thing or two about shooting in public...

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Owns

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

This is the first year in awhile where I could not possibly care less about the draft. Unless the Bears somehow move up and draft Clinton-Dix.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

R.D. Mangles posted:

This is the first year in awhile where I could not possibly care less about the draft. Unless the Bears somehow move up and draft Clinton-Dix.

I'm super hyped for this draft, and I have to be at loving work for it :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

R.D. Mangles posted:

Which is weird, because this draft is so talented. Also, gently caress Clinton-Dix. I'll be very sad if the Bears draft him. Unless he ends up being good. Then, I'll be fine with it.

• Locked thread