Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

What a rough pvp event. People were going really hard for that stupid Falcon even though he's not very good and just got nerfed for non-whales :confused:

Managed to grind back up to a blue cover after waking up 300 points below where I left off. Not that I give a poo poo since as previously stated Falcon is nothing but another 3 star turd that we need another 10 covers and billion iso for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiffetastic
Aug 20, 2004

Oooooh Yeeeees!
I'm happy that I managed to pick up all 3 colors for Falcon at least during this last event, so if I ever want to invest hero points in him it's an option.

Now if I could say the same for Patch. He got added right when I stopped playing the game for a bit, and he's a character that I'd really like to have all three covers for. My MMR might be ballooning out of control after doing well these past few events though, so I may be screwed. Argh. Sitting at 0/0/3 for patch. Yep, got three Patch covers, all yellow.

Kiffetastic fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 7, 2014

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Christ, I must've gotten a really lucky bracket, then. I wasn't even thinking when I joined; I just woke up, realized I'd missed the end of Loki and then joined Doom as soon as I saw it.

Speaking of Doom, Doom PvP Token gave me a Psylocke, but it was Blue, and I already had that at 3.

Don't really need a Patch (max skilled) but I do want to get the Heroic 10-Pack, so I'll do my part in this tournament as well for Agents.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Joshlemagne posted:

You asked why people were mad and calling it a nerf. I explained it to you.
Yes, I know. And I see your point. I'm just trying to say to those people that they shouldn't get mad when developers adjust a character that was already broken to begin with.

gromdul posted:

The top 10 in my bracket all had over 1000 points, with number one sitting at 1300! And even with an average score in AgentsOfGOON of 660 points, which is really good compared to the last few tournaments, we placed 107th. If we had a 20th goon, I believe we could have hit top 100.

So come join our amazing alliance of cool doods and get an extra Patch cover. And prove Snazzy Frocks wrong. :v:
This tourney was the most competitive one I've been in. I got 4th place with 1084. 10th place was 1031. The point spread was very close. I guess everyone wanted the new character, and since there was nothing else to do except the Season 1 SHIELD simulator everyone got in on the action.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Man, I wish I could get more Daredevil covers. He seems like the three star replacement for OBW.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Call Me Charlie posted:

Man, I wish I could get more Daredevil covers. He seems like the three star replacement for OBW.
I have a 4/4/5 Daredevil at level 20. I'd love to have a reason to invest ISO in him, but as it currently stands he's completely useless against PVE goons that don't swap tiles :(

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Yes, I know. And I see your point. I'm just trying to say to those people that they shouldn't get mad when developers adjust a character that was already broken to begin with.

If being broken means having abilities that are useful at low level then the developers should have nuked IM40 from orbit by now. One yellow cover and he's got all the use he's ever going to have to anyone.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Does anyone use and like Lazy Cap? I was thinking about putting him on the dream team with Hood and CMags but his prot tiles cost a poo poo ton of yellow AP. Thinking maybe Falcon would be better as a prot tile bro. (Don't have spidey or pun or patch fml)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Syrinxx posted:

Does anyone use and like Lazy Cap? I was thinking about putting him on the dream team with Hood and CMags but his prot tiles cost a poo poo ton of yellow AP. Thinking maybe Falcon would be better as a prot tile bro. (Don't have spidey or pun or patch fml)

I use and like Lazy cap but certainly not for his yellow.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Lazy Cap's red is incredible, probably the best red ability in the game. His blue is good, and also drops a protect tile. His yellow is okay. It will stop pretty much all match damage against you, but by the time you can pop it, you're probably taking ability damage too.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Shielded after hitting 1100s. Went to sleep at #1. Woke up to this. :stare:

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Anyone having luck trying to tank their MMR? I'm trying the standard methods described in this thread, but I keep getting teams of 85s, with the occasional 3* team. Same as before I tried tanking.

To recap: I am throwing matches with low level heroes while saving a seed team. Grind up to 100 points (against 85s and any remaining seeds) and them beat the low level seed team with a low level team of my own (>30).

diskostu
Sep 1, 2009
Anyone who needs a Alliance, we're currently 4/5 in "The Bad Rats." We're a real casual group but we try to play every day. If you have some spare currency to buy another slot for someone else to join the alliance, that would be great, but no worries if you don't.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

SynthOrange posted:

Shielded after hitting 1100s. Went to sleep at #1. Woke up to this. :stare:

I should have taken a cap of my bracket where everyone over 25 was shielded.

Also, I think it isn't modern Storm that needs to be nerfed. It's Classic Storm. Seriously, why does she need a team killing counter attack? It's worse than Thor before the funbalance.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

diskostu posted:

Anyone who needs a Alliance, we're currently 4/5 in "The Bad Rats." We're a real casual group but we try to play every day. If you have some spare currency to buy another slot for someone else to join the alliance, that would be great, but no worries if you don't.

Yo, this sounds like me. I don't have enough currency to buy another slot, but I'll save up to. What do I need to do to join?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Auritech posted:

Also, I think it isn't modern Storm that needs to be nerfed. It's Classic Storm. Seriously, why does she need a team killing counter attack? It's worse than Thor before the funbalance.
If you nail her first or second it does very little damage, and there's a number of direct damage abilities that will straight-up one-shot her.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Auritech posted:

I should have taken a cap of my bracket where everyone over 25 was shielded.

Classic Storm has already been nerfed (her counter used to be much more damaging and also gave Red AP), I don't really think she needs to be nerfed more.

Tanking my MMR hasn't been working as well for me as it used to; I don't know if they changed how it works or if the fact that I've started getting top 10 most tournaments is canceling it out.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
Would it really be all that hard to give a 3-5 minute grace period to jump back into a match if you get disconnected? I get really sick of losing points and health whenever my game crashes.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Yeah C. Storm doesn't really need nerfing, her yellow doesn't proc consistently and even at 85 it can be a race against time to get that blue off before someone KO's her.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

Ghostlight posted:

If you nail her first or second it does very little damage, and there's a number of direct damage abilities that will straight-up one-shot her.

Yeah, it's not like it's hard to avoid her counterattack trigger. Just wipe her out with match damage and don't use abilities on her before you can down her in one hit.

Downing her first is something you should probably be doing anyway, since if she gets that blue ability off, it can screw your game up quite a bit.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

old chubbyknees posted:

Super Goons has two spots and we won't yell at you

Sent. SA Macys.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
MMR tanking this hood round is going well.

:ohdear:

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

gromdul posted:

Anyone having luck trying to tank their MMR? I'm trying the standard methods described in this thread, but I keep getting teams of 85s, with the occasional 3* team. Same as before I tried tanking.

To recap: I am throwing matches with low level heroes while saving a seed team. Grind up to 100 points (against 85s and any remaining seeds) and them beat the low level seed team with a low level team of my own (>30).

I've had excellent results from using the above strategy. I've also just intentionally lost a bunch of games a few times with all the characters I don't use much or if I'm not going to play for a while.

Changed my match ups from all 3* to all 1 and 2* characters. In the doom tourney just now I placed top 50 (ie high enough to get a 3* cover) with 650 points .

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Seriously what sort of magical bracket did I luck into.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one dealing with an unusual hell bracket. I was lucky to get Top 25. I bet even if I wasn't working and had more time that I still would've ran out of ISO and boosts before cracking Top 10.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Too bad the AI isn't smarter. I imagine with internal testing, D3 tuned it to a more fun level. But if it played smarter we could have a lot more defensive victories to make up for any losses.

I thought I was doomed. The AI had 70 environment AP on Desert. And lucked into a cascade of enough yellow for Thor's Thunder Strike. Instead after using Thunder Strike and Call the Storm it passed. I was able to win, and it never used its environment AP.

In Puzzle Quest one and two, I would often switch to the harder difficulty for the challenge. Otherwise the AI would skip 4-matches and not use its abilities when possible.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

The event to get Lazy Daken has arrived. He has the same skills as ** Daken with a new blue ability called Chemical Reaction (edit: which I think deals damage to the enemy if they match your strike tiles)

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 8, 2014

Shroud
May 11, 2009
I just got a Juggernaut cover from winning a PVP match, instead of a boost. When was this reward added?

Edit: I just noticed awards for Storm(Classic), Bagman, Wolverine, Cap, Daken, etc. too.

Shroud fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 8, 2014

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Shroud posted:

I just got a Juggernaut cover from winning a PVP match, instead of a boost. When was this reward added?

Edit: I just noticed awards for Storm(Classic), Bagman, Wolverine, Cap, Daken, etc. too.
Patch notes say they are new as of today. Looks like they are trying to help out new players which is pretty cool.

- Added in new random rewards for finishing Versus battles. In addition to the normal 70/140 Iso-8 rewards, it is now possible to pull any 1* or 2* character. These Comic Cover rewards are balanced in frequency so that the overall Iso-8 rewards assuming that you sell all covers is equal to the previous rewards in Versus.
- Adjusted odds of 2* characters in the Standard Pack upwards by 20% compared to their earlier odds. These extra odds were taken from the 1* character odds, so 3*+ odds are unaffected.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Just came to say the same thing. Thanks for the patch notes.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Essential character seems to be Patch for the event so far. It's too bad because I was looking forward to getting one or two of his covers in the pvp event. But now, it's probably going to go loving nuts like the Falcon event.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Syrinxx posted:

The event to get Lazy Daken has arrived. He has the same skills as ** Daken with a new blue ability called Chemical Reaction (edit: which I think deals damage to the enemy if they match your strike tiles)

So, an even better bodyguard for OBW than before?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Mister Macys posted:

So, an even better bodyguard for OBW than before?

He still deals his damage on purple, black, and green tiles.

Puweyxil
Oct 19, 2001
I like to eat cheese.
Dinosaur Gum

Syrinxx posted:

Patch notes say they are new as of today. Looks like they are trying to help out new players which is pretty cool.

- Added in new random rewards for finishing Versus battles. In addition to the normal 70/140 Iso-8 rewards, it is now possible to pull any 1* or 2* character. These Comic Cover rewards are balanced in frequency so that the overall Iso-8 rewards assuming that you sell all covers is equal to the previous rewards in Versus.
- Adjusted odds of 2* characters in the Standard Pack upwards by 20% compared to their earlier odds. These extra odds were taken from the 1* character odds, so 3*+ odds are unaffected.
Hrm. Last night I cracked open 100 of my 200+ standard tokens, guess I should have waited another day..

Out of my 100 covers, I received:
85 1-star covers
10 2-star covers
5 3-star covers

Usable covers: 3 (2x Human Torch and 1x Hulk).
ISO for selling the other 97: I don't know yet, it crashes when I hit sell all.

And the surprise? Only 1 BagMan! (I was rewarded with two out of the free 10-pack from the season 1 progress rewards...)

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Hah, I wonder how many you'll have to sell before Sell All doesn't crash.

It's nice that they implemented the sell all before the cover rewards for PVP, at least; otherwise dealing with those would be even more of a pain.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Syrinxx posted:

I just got a black Daken cover from a lightning round match setting up to tank my MMR, making it roughly as lucrative as the end of the week long event that just finished.

Puweyxil
Oct 19, 2001
I like to eat cheese.
Dinosaur Gum

Sefer posted:

Hah, I wonder how many you'll have to sell before Sell All doesn't crash.

It's nice that they implemented the sell all before the cover rewards for PVP, at least; otherwise dealing with those would be even more of a pain.
It wasn't bad; at 92 covers it still crashed, at 85 it worked (total proceeds of 12450 ISO).

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I clearly need more game knowledge. I just did the doom lightning round from start to finish, never lost a fight, and the crabbing was at a minimum. At the end, I didn't even finish in the top 100. How the hell are you supposed to do this?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its all about progress speed. Do higher value matches, faster. Top placers are almost assuredly still using boosts to blast their maxed teams through all their carefully picked enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Lightning rounds were better when the tokens were a guaranteed 3*. :colbert: