Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

excidium posted:

What's worse than a nightmare? Night terror?

I would be happy with Lee, really happy. I am terrified the Chiefs are gonna take an OL. Even if it's a need, fuuuuck man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Is a Night terror where you wake up and dial 911 for an ambulance?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

A friendly reminder from Rotoworld when you're reading about how sure these beat reporters are about teams' selections

quote:

Several national reporters were adamant [on draft day] last year that Ryan Nassib would go No. 8 to Buffalo.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I have wanted the Cowboys to draft a safety in the first round for like 15 straight years now. They're not gonna draft a safety in the first round.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Who the hell is Stan Jean-Baptiste
Really big CB. Dane Brugler seems to hate him ranking him as his 19th best CB.

quote:

19. STANLEY JEAN-BAPTISTE | Nebraska 6025|218 lbs|6SR Miami, FL (Westlake Prep) 4/12/1990 (age 24) #16

STRENGTHS: Excellent height, length and build for the position with the body to match-up well with bigger targets…long arms to swat the ball out of the air with his
large wingspan…coordinated athlete with smooth movements and natural body control…generates some explosiveness from his lower body with excellent leaping
ability…heavy hands to shed blocks and get physical at the LOS in press-man…improved patience to mirror and not overextend himself too quickly…above average
ballskills and catching ability, highpointing well with his hands away from his body…hard worker who gives consistent effort through the week and on game day – also
played on ST coverage…solid production as a senior, leading the team in passes defended (16) and interceptions (4).

WEAKNESSES: Still learning how to use his size and length and lacks an understanding of what he can get away with…lacks the suddenness to quickly redirect or flip
his hips, needing a moment to collect himself with his tight belt…needs to improve his anticipation and read/react awareness to better break on the ball…inconsistent
depth in his drops and has a bad habit of mistiming his jumps…too many poor mental errors and needs to play smarter – minimal growth since moving to the
defensive side of the ball…struggles to consistently find the ball and make the correct adjustment to play the ball…only one year as a full-time starter (19 career starts
at CB)…older prospect and will be 24 years old on draft weekend.

SUMMARY: Jean-Baptiste spent a season at North Carolina Tech Prep in 2008 at WR and garnered interest from Colorado, Southern Miss and other schools, but
struggled with academics and redshirted one season at Fort Scott Community College in 2009. He transferred to Nebraska in 2010 as a WR and spent a season on the
bench before moving to CB prior to 2011. He started a handful of games as a junior in 2012 and became a full-time senior starter in 2013, leading the Huskers in
passes defended (16) and interceptions (4). Jean-Baptiste looks the part with elite measureables and surprising athleticism, but he still plays like a former WR and has
shown little improvement since moving to defense full time – mostly fool’s gold throughout his college career. He isn’t a twitchy athlete and needs technical growth
to fully understand how to use his size and strength and develop his instincts. Jean-Baptiste will be coveted at CB or FS due to his size and natural athletic ability, but
he still needs a lot of work before he’s ready for a consistent NFL role – early third day developmental prospect who is still raw, but improving and could be
overdrafted as early as the 2nd round.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Also, after all the talk of Manziel to St. Louis, this would be an incredible kiss of Judas moment in retrospect if that happened

Rotoworld posted:

Appearing on stage with Sam Bradford at a pre-draft party with season-ticket holders, Rams coach Jeff Fisher stated "He's our guy."

"He" is Bradford, of course. Although conspiracy theorists enjoy deeming all pre-draft team actions "smokescreens," our takeaway from this public declaration of commitment to Bradford seals the deal on the Johnny Manziel rumors. (St. Louis isn't taking him.)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Rap posted:

Cue TFF questioning whether it should still laugh at the Browns

Two ways to look at it. First, they conducted a study that came to the same conclusion as most of TFF, so it is obviously a sound study. Second, TFF came to the same conclusion as the Browns, so our conclusions are obviously flawed.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ozu posted:

Really big CB. Dane Brugler seems to hate him ranking him as his 19th best CB.

He's not that good and kinda old. He just looks great outside of the football field, so someone will gamble on him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

I have wanted the Cowboys to draft a safety in the first round for like 15 straight years now. They're not gonna draft a safety in the first round.

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

Pron on VHS posted:

I would be happy with Lee, really happy. I am terrified the Chiefs are gonna take an OL. Even if it's a need, fuuuuck man

I just want a receiver who doesn't have the dropsies. Bowe has them from time to time, Avery definitely has them. I don't want our shiny new one to have them too. If OBJ/Cooks are gone, go defense or trade the gently caress down if Bridgewater isn't there.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I'm the only Chiefs fan who wants Jace Amaro

Quest For Glory II posted:

Also, after all the talk of Manziel to St. Louis, this would be an incredible kiss of Judas moment in retrospect if that happened

I mean if anyone is a big enough rear end in a top hat to do that it's Jeff Fisher

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
True but guys like Brandon Marshall and Dez Bryant have had the dropsies. I think that can be fixed by practice. I want a WR so badly in the first, hell if we grab Marqise Lee and Paul Richardson in the 3rd that would be loving awesome.

So tired of trotting out poo poo like Chris Chambers, Chad Hall, AJ Jenkins. Bowe has never had a real #2 WR next to him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Groucho Marxist posted:

I'm the only Chiefs fan who wants Jace Amaro

When I google Amaro I get "10 Perfect Patriots: Jace Amaro" as one of the first results. The Pats could want Clowney and it might make me hate him at this point.

...so yeah. You are.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MourningView posted:

don't worry the best safety will be available way later than that

(the best safety is marquestion huff)

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Just saw Jaws live on ESPN rank the QBs.

He's got Bridgewater as the 5th best.

5th.

So does Mayock, tied with Mettenberger.

Grittybeard posted:

When I google Amaro I get "10 Perfect Patriots: Jace Amaro" as one of the first results. The Pats could want Clowney and it might make me hate him at this point.

...so yeah. You are.

If you hate players just on the potential of the Patriots drafting them, I think you need to reevaluate your Pat hate. :stare:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
There's a report that the Raiders like Evans over Watkins.

That better be a smokescreen you dick holes

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Alouicious posted:

don't worry the best safety will be available way later than that

(the best safety is marquestion huff)

theres only one safety in this draft who made bama cry

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

excidium posted:

I just want a receiver who doesn't have the dropsies. Bowe has them from time to time, Avery definitely has them. I don't want our shiny new one to have them too. If OBJ/Cooks are gone, go defense or trade the gently caress down if Bridgewater isn't there.

I agree with this all the way. If our options at 23 are limited I hope we will be able to trade down.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

bhsman posted:

If you hate players just on the potential of the Patriots drafting them, I think you need to reevaluate your Pat hate. :stare:

It might have been a joke that you will get in a couple of years with your new coach. But in all seriousness I don't see tight end as a need compared with wide receiver at this point, or guard even although I'd be just as pissed about that as the other Chiefs guys if it didn't involve a significant trade back.

I buy into Kelce enough to want to avoid that and don't believe in Amaro enough to make me think he's worth it :shrug:

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Who was 4th? Bortle, Manziel...Carr...and? Savage? Who?

Garoppolo.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Amaro won't be a tight end in the NFL, he'll be a guy you say is a "tight end" so you can gently caress him over on his salary

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Grittybeard posted:

It might have been a joke that you will get in a couple of years with your new coach. But in all seriousness I don't see tight end as a need compared with wide receiver at this point, or guard even although I'd be just as pissed about that as the other Chiefs guys if it didn't involve a significant trade back.

I buy into Kelce enough to want to avoid that and don't believe in Amaro enough to make me think he's worth it :shrug:

I think Amaro would be a pretty good receiver, and would even consider Austin Sefarian-Jenkins as a Graham-esque receiver at TE, but I understand as I was high on Kelce last year.

I'm not getting the reference to O'Brien, though. :confused:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Okay now you're just trolling me!!!

quote:

ESPN's Todd McShay stated on SportsCenter Thursday that Johnny Manziel is the No. 1 player on the Cowboys' draft board.

"I'm told by two different people that he's the No. 1 player on their board," were McShay's exact words.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Industrial posted:

I wish 2007 was on there, half of the top 14 players are perennial pro-bowlers (AP, Megatron, Joe Thomas, Patrick Willis, Revis Island, Marshawn Lynch). It kind of fell off after that, but that top half was STACKED!
Yeah, unfortunately it's hard to say (that stat starts dropping after 2006 because players haven't been in the league long enough... you can "adjust it" for other purposes but that adjustment relies on some assumptions on years being similar in aggregate so the only legit option is to re-calculate the stat for every player's first 6 years in the league and look at it that way). At a glance it looks average-ish in aggregate, though maybe a little more boom/bust-y.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

bhsman posted:

I'm not getting the reference to O'Brien, though. :confused:

Patriots never really leave and still work for Belichick was the cheap joke. Also I'm still very angry about all references to the Patriot way and Scott Pioli continuing to draw breath.

The last part might be a bigger indictment against my personality than hating on the Pats but I think he's worth it.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Grittybeard posted:

Patriots never really leave and still work for Belichick was the cheap joke. Also I'm still very angry about all references to the Patriot way and Scott Pioli continuing to draw breath.

The last part might be a bigger indictment against my personality than hating on the Pats but I think he's worth it.

Pioli is an rear end in a top hat, no disagreement.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I know it's kind of funny to speculate about, but if it happened in reality, it would be unfathomable for the Cowboys to trade up for JFF.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
As a Panthers fan, I would like an offensive lineman or a non-Kelvin Benjamin wide receiver in the first round.

If Bridgewater is there for Cleveland at 26 I'm going to be completely baffled. He should be top ten easy.

Harlock posted:

I know it's kind of funny to speculate about, but if it happened in reality, it would be unfathomable for the Cowboys to trade up for JFF.

The Cowboys trading up for JFF would be about as incomprehensible and unfathomable as the major trades made in the Draft Day movie.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Harlock posted:

It would be loving hilarious if Jerry Jones drafted Manziel and then realized that they literally can't trade or cut Romo for years.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
The Cowboys won't ever win poo poo wtih Jones/Garrett so gently caress it draft Manziel. QB Controversy. Funslinging. Cowboys football.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you say that then some kind of freaky monkey magic lets the Cowboys trade their first, second and Romo to the Texans for the first overall to draft Manziel

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Alouicious posted:

you say that then some kind of freaky monkey magic lets the Cowboys trade their first, second and Romo to the Texans for the first overall to draft Manziel
They can't do that either. If they trade Romo, they'll be hit with a $32.5 million cap hit, THIS YEAR.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Can the Chargers just please take Justin Verrett or Dee Ford

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Romo's cap number/dead money number is extremely volatile that nobody would touch it. Even if you draft JFF to start in 2-3 years, pretty sure Romo would still be owed 20-25m guaranteed.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@ArmandoSalguero: In trade down scenarios #Dolphins have had discussions with #Eagles (No. 22), #Browns (26) #Saints (27), SF (30), among others.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
There's no way Bridgewater or JFF fall out of the top ten, top five even. Houston, Cleveland, Oakland, Minnesota, and Tampa have a need at the most important position in the game. At the 5-10 range you think they're going to pass on one of the top 2 for loving Ebron or Barr? Child please. Bortles and Carr will probably go high too since last year had such a dearth of talent at QB.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

They can't do that either. If they trade Romo, they'll be hit with a $32.5 million cap hit, THIS YEAR.

monkey magic

*Jerry Jones melts into a shadow and slips under the door*

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

trade Romo to Cleveland for maximum choke comedy

Romo is pretty much Cleveland wrapped up into one person anyway

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Trolls trolls trolls

quote:

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, UCF's Blake Bortles is the top quarterback on the Cowboys' draft board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

OBJ is going ahead of Watkins/Evans at this pace.

@JoeBuscaglia
Sources: Beckham, Jr. in serious consideration for Bills at 9 http://t.co/OEB0BAMTGE

• Locked thread